Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

How do you know??

DJPozzi 6:40 AM - 29 December, 2006
Hi Guys.
Love the site. But i have a question for you. How do you know who is who?? You said in the site overview that different people may be able to access different promos. But how do you distinguish between radio jocks, club djs, mobile djs etc.
Can I ask the reasoning for allowing only certain people access to different music. Surely if this is a service for everyone who has purchased serato scratch live then everyone should be treated equally and be given the opportunity to access the same music??
I understand the reasoning why promos are staggered between people working in different areas of the music industry. My point is that it is not fair. If we have all paid the same amount for serato then we should all receive the same services!!

Cheers

Pozzi
dj cubicle 6:45 AM - 29 December, 2006
My guess is the labels are going to replace standard delivery procedures for "higher profile" djs with the serato distribution system. Obviously, if labels want to test a song, they'd rather give it to someone playing a club than playing in their basement.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 6:46 AM - 29 December, 2006
Hi Pozzi,

Serato does not influence who gets what in any way.

The record label that uses the service may choose to send the release to a list of people, the list that they have been building and maintaining over the past years. Serato provides the delivery mechanism for those labels.

However, our talks with labels thus far indicate that a very large proportion of releases will go to ALL Whitelabel.net users!

sam
DJPozzi 7:49 AM - 29 December, 2006
thanks for the speedy reply.

Cheers

Pozzi
Nicky Blunt 2:38 PM - 26 March, 2007
How do the labels distinguish if someone is actually playing out or if they just have told the forum they are playing out!

I just wanna get my hands on that shit early!

Give me an address to send & I will send the flyers for everywhere ive played in the last 10 years! Just hope you have enough postmen!