Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Request for a Request section.

mexicannnnnn 6:33 AM - 29 December, 2006
How about one?

As well how about a Member Art Section where people can put their remixes, or creations...etc.
Mr ML 1:36 AM - 4 January, 2007
Let's make this a request topic ...

I would like STONES THROW on whitelabel.net!
Talrinys 6:31 AM - 4 January, 2007
And Rhymesayers + Babygrande ;)
RHF 10:30 AM - 4 January, 2007
agree, and for that matter i want legendary music and def jux :)
Talrinys 4:35 PM - 4 January, 2007
Don't know Legenday, but definately(bad pun) get Def Jux
mexicannnnnn 2:06 AM - 17 January, 2007
bump for a req section
Serato
dave 4:04 AM - 17 January, 2007
I'm with Mr ML, this thread will (have to) do for now.
mexicannnnnn 3:29 AM - 31 January, 2007
How about a small app that we can use to edit these files (like make extended intros...etc). Ie. You do the changes on the low quality sounding side but they get replicated to the high quality section.

I think that would be a good balance of edibility and protection.

Maybe this can come in the form of a plug-in for Audacity?
Chrisssss 4:25 AM - 31 January, 2007
lol, are you kidding me?

1. that wouldnt be protection anymore
2. The reason why the labels offer their tracks here for you guys for free is to promote them cuaseyou play them in the clubs. They dont give the tracks to you to make remixes of it. that wouldn't fit with the promotional purpose.
3. If you would be a serious producer you probably wouldnt use Audacity. Programs like Audition, Cool Edit,... would in my eyes fit for that category

Best wishes
Chris
DarkLight 9:38 AM - 31 January, 2007
Chrisssss
Quote:
lol, are you kidding me?
if as a DJ, you are not makin' improvement and being creative with what's given to you then you are right, you "play them in the clubs"; Though, DJs with skills and talent with new ideas in mind, always add their touch to tracks while the record is still being promoted. Certain songs may don't have intro or the intro is annoying or whatever that's not seating right in the ear of the DJ, with so many editing software and hardware out there, it's a tough task to tell a DJ that he should not "edit". No, the R.I.A.A won't send a squad to arrest you because you edited a track for your set.
There's a reason for the acapellas and instrumentals; also the existence of Remix services like Select and Ultimix have a purpose.
The labels doesn't really care what you do in your personal set with the songs, as long as you don't copy or trade and as long as you don't sell them.

It's a definite positive to have the automatic builds, tags and BPMs done; however, I also think it's a negative that the tracks from Whitelabel plays at low quality outside of Serato. That means, I still have to download or buy the same tracks from other sources. If my Serato crash or simply refuse to perform right (locking/freezing,ettc..) or I'm playing in a place where for whatever reason I can't have my Serato set-up, I only have the option to play with CD's or switch to an alternate program (ex. Cue) for the night...so I'll be out of luck with all tracks from Whitelabel on my hard drive.
Chrisssss 11:10 AM - 31 January, 2007
DEEJAY != PRODUCER

Deejays are mixing live. Have you ever hear od thomething like Live Mixing, Beatjungline or live remixing?

THats what a DJ is.

If oyu would do it proessional you wouldnt ust audacity anyway.