Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Builts Overview

T-One 7:55 PM - 14 February, 2005
Hello,

The builts overview button is a very nice improvment to SSL 1.3.
But, my question is why this function/button is not available also when the interface is connected. Sometimes it can be usefull to not diconnect the interface in order to run the built overview process. Some people don't disconnect the interface at all.
Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the very high level work!
Daim 8:48 PM - 14 February, 2005
Yes i have the same question :)
nik39 8:53 PM - 14 February, 2005
Yes, esp. for those users who have a fixed installation of SSL, where they cant (re)move any hardware.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:39 PM - 14 February, 2005
Can you disconnet the USB cable from your computer in that type of situation?
BassChamber 10:47 PM - 14 February, 2005
for fixed installation, the current way to build overviews is quite annoying. think about it, we are forced to disconnect the USB cable over and over again to analyze the new tracks recently added to the collection.

it seems that SSL is more oriented to mobile djs than fixed club installations...
nobspangle 10:51 PM - 14 February, 2005
You can't use the system whilst it's analyzing so it sort of makes sense to disconnect the ssl box, although a button that toggles modes would probably be better.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:55 PM - 14 February, 2005
Quote:
a button that toggles modes would probably be better.
Agreed :) Good idea.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 4:42 AM - 15 February, 2005
When the box is plugged in, a lot of system resources are tied up handling the audio inputs and outputs. By only offering this feature when the box is unplugged, we ensure that maximum resources go to building overviews.
We'll look into another solution for permanent installs, such as a separate application that only builds overviews.
djpetey 6:08 AM - 15 February, 2005
Seperate app that only builds overviews.... and lets me mark cue points..... that will be a very very good day
Revolutionary 2:54 PM - 15 February, 2005
www.scratchlive.net Check it out. Props to this guy...
dj dawn 6:13 PM - 15 February, 2005
Props to the IT techie ;)