DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mr. Terrence Parker shows us how to DJ

dirtyonekanobi 12:58 AM - 24 May, 2010
Just randomly searching the tube and came across this vid. I just think this is an example of how we should feel on the decks. Serato, vinyl, House, Hip Hop, electro - whatever... THIS is how we should DJ & feel while doing it!

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj K.Smith 1:20 AM - 24 May, 2010
That was a dope set...
DJ Ritmo 1:45 AM - 24 May, 2010
I did a vinyl set for about 45 mins at my spot this weekend and let me tell it will bring that rush back to you but you gotta a good audience to feed off of. If you have wack audience that doesnt put out a good vibe its hard to get into that mode when your spinning. But I agree this is the ideal way to be behind the decks
DJ G-NUTZ 1:46 AM - 24 May, 2010
have you seen his do-over set?? He def puts out alot of energy....Watchwww.youtube.com
wait till after Cybertron-Clear....also check out the obvious, his headphones lol
techjitsu 2:09 AM - 24 May, 2010
I love his 'headphone': "There is a call for the DJ on turntable one; Mr. DJ, please pick up the courtesy phone!"

Anyone know where I can get one of those?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:25 AM - 24 May, 2010
And they used to say there was no place for scratching in a House set...
Dj K.Smith 2:39 AM - 24 May, 2010
Dude was nice with his set... Nothing crazy just some good music...
Manny Rize 2:54 AM - 24 May, 2010
that telephone is the sickest pair of headphones ive seen, if it can even be called that..hah thats just dope
dj_craigmac 3:24 AM - 24 May, 2010
thats my fave dj
dirtyonekanobi 3:42 AM - 24 May, 2010
Yeah man, he's dope. I think what I've noticed about the greats (with a few exceptions), is the way they enjoy the music they're playing - in whatever genre. They REALLY feel it. Even if they're playing cheese, they are really into the music...
dj shadow from detroit 4:31 AM - 24 May, 2010
dope detrot dj
LilSwann 4:37 AM - 24 May, 2010
that's the type of shit that makes u want to pull out some vinyl and ditch SSL for a while (but only for a while i still love my SSL)
imcorn 5:30 AM - 24 May, 2010
anyone know the track at 2:33 for the do over vid? song is CRAZY!
Discobee 6:00 AM - 24 May, 2010
Michael Gray - The Weekend

or some whitelabel version of it
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:24 AM - 24 May, 2010
Quote:
I love his 'headphone': "There is a call for the DJ on turntable one; Mr. DJ, please pick up the courtesy phone!"

LOL.....

I've known TP since the 80's, and the Telephone Headphone thing has always been his trademark.

That looks like one of the old solid AT&T phone handsets with the rotary dial (ok maybe the push button version).

images.sodahead.com

I gotta ask him one day if stockpiled those old phones so he could always have a Headphone if one breaks - LOL.
djSMIRK 11:43 AM - 24 May, 2010
Quote:
Michael Gray - The Weekend

or some whitelabel version of it

+1

i hate how that douche in the black tank top keeps fucking with the mixer when Terrence Parker is crate digging
djSMIRK 11:44 AM - 24 May, 2010
fyi, if anyone wants to make their own headphones out of an old school telephone like TP, check this out

www.instructables.com!/
dirtyonekanobi 2:17 PM - 24 May, 2010
Quote:
dope detrot dj

+100 - we have quite a few of them!!
Shawny D 4:15 PM - 24 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
dope detrot dj

No doubt. TP is my shiet!

His tele-headphone is his trademark.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:29 PM - 24 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
dope detrot bj

No doubt. DP in my shiet!

you can see the excitment (no misquote)
DJFUNKMIKE 12:46 AM - 25 May, 2010
LOL^^, i thought he was gonna call somebody in the middle of a set using an old rotary phone^^,
Quote:
Quote:

LOL.....

I've known TP since the 80's, and the Telephone Headphone thing has always been his trademark.
LOL^^, i thought he was gonna call somebody in the middle of a set using an old rotary phone^^,
That looks like one of the old solid AT&T phone handsets with the rotary dial (ok maybe the push button version).

images.sodahead.com

I gotta ask him one day if stockpiled those old phones so he could always have a Headphone if one breaks - LOL.
DCD 6:08 AM - 25 May, 2010
I was watching another video of him at the Do Over and heard a girl ask for reggae. I'm surprised no one went off on her.

Watchwww.youtube.com
dirtyonekanobi 12:56 PM - 25 May, 2010
@DCD I saw that too.

what really got me is that the girl stood there with her arms folded for the rest of the time, just staring @ him. I hate people do that, so I can imagine how it is for someone with a specialty they are known for. He got booked to play house, which is what he's FAMOUS for, sit back & enjoy yourself.
DJ G-NUTZ 2:46 PM - 25 May, 2010
Well the Do-Over crowd is usually open minded and know that the Dj is there to play what ever he wants. As for the stupid girl who requested reggae that is a no no there. If your a regular there you know not to request anything since that is their slogan "No Request". The Dj is suppose take you on his/her musical journey. Yeah i would have got annoyed aswell if the guys kept checking my levels, but then again you have to understand those guys that are checking actually throw the party. Haycock, Aloe Black and i forgot the name of the guy with the black v-neck shirt. I've been there when djs have been in the red and the speakers go out, so that's probably why.
silentpartner 10:42 PM - 2 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i hate how that douche in the black tank top keeps fucking with the mixer when Terrence Parker is crate digging

That Douche as you referred to him is Dj Eleven of the Rub. Pretty sure TP didn't mind...