DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

CALIFORNIA: NorCal Radio Mixshows vs SoCal Radio Mixshows

Jay-R 12:38 AM - 27 December, 2006
even though these two are in the same state, play similiar music they have very different ways of mixing on air. bay area station uses a lot of remix service records and remixes. Socal uses regular singles 90% of the time, cut, scratch, juggle etc to add spice.

whats your take on this? which one livens you up more as a listener?
DeeJay*CASPER 1:05 AM - 27 December, 2006
its like that in the same city here in Richmond, Virginia...I dj'd for 106.5 and was a misfit because every dj there used remix service records or top secret or whatever while i did blends, cuts, minor juggles, etc..... but across the street was power 92 where every dj there had freedom to do almost whatever...
DJ.ReFRESH 1:23 AM - 27 December, 2006
I like both.

I visit NorCal a few times a year and I've always liked how their radio DJs play a lot of uptempo music in their mixes. I can hear all the latest mainstream stuff as well as old freestyle all in the same 30 minute mix. When Daft Punk's 'One More Time' first came out, they were playing it all the time next to hip hop and r&b hits.

However, I gotta say that I'm a little biased towards SoCal radio DJing. I learned the basics by recording Melo-D's Menu Mix every week night and visualizing exactly how he was flipping records. I get hyped everytime I hear dope phrasing and transitions - Vice and Echo come to mind ("Got six model chicks/To..Go..Down").

So yeah, two different styles which are equally dope but I gotta go with LA.
sixxx 1:28 AM - 27 December, 2006
Using remix service records is not a style. It's play boo boo.
DJ F Sharp 1:35 AM - 27 December, 2006
The reason those djs on KYLD and KMEL use those remix services is becaues Jazzy Jim used to be the MD of both of those stations and he owns Strictly Hits...they make lethal weapon, top secret, mix factor, etc. I used to DJ on KDON and do some guest mixes on KYLD a while ago so I knew the routine with that.
DJ.ReFRESH 1:48 AM - 27 December, 2006
Quote:
Using remix service records is not a style. It's play boo boo.

True. Strictly using remix service records is not a style but playing uptempo remixes that happen to be on remix service records can be considered a style. And it's usually only wack if the track selection is wack.
Jay-R 1:55 AM - 27 December, 2006
how's KSFM's Mixshows? havn't realy got a chance to listen to em. how's thier mixing compared to KYLD's and KMEL's?

love power 106's mixshow's!
DJ.ReFRESH 2:06 AM - 27 December, 2006
KIIS mixshows are ok. Not really comparable to KMEL's style though because KIIS is more of a variety station (read: POP) so you're more likely to hear a Kelly Clarkson dance mix than something more daring like Daft Punk (well it was daring to me when I first heard it dropped on the radio in '00)

Yes, Power106 is dope. Madd props out to Vice, Turb, Rawn, and Coke-E.
Audio1 2:57 AM - 27 December, 2006
From my trips to LA, Alot of LA DJ's mash it up more than up here in the Bay area, Skratching/Cutting/Live blending. The Bay is usually more laid-back and more to the point/clean mixing. Guys like Rick Lee, Scotty Fox, Don Lynch and Ja Espinosa run it!
CQuence 6:47 AM - 27 December, 2006
From my 2+ yrs in the bay I would say Espinosa was the best radio DJ. He mixed with the most creativity and skill, He would fit right in with the So.Cal Radio DJ's. One things for sure, KMEL and WILD support the new local music to the fullest. I dont think the same can be said for Power or Kday
Audio1 7:17 AM - 27 December, 2006
Amen to that.... I did notice that between LA and The Bay, We rep more of our artists and embrace others as well. Jay rips it up.
Q Styles 12:31 PM - 27 December, 2006
94.9 djs are nothing but a bunch of beat matchin robots with the same playlists. if you look inside their crates they all have lethal weapon 1-99 in order and all bpm'd. give them a box of 12" singles and they wont know what to do with it. how do i know this? because i used to mix for them about 5 years ago and their styles still havent evolved. their mixing might sound better nowadays because they have pre-blended, pre-skratched, pre-juggled tracks that they use with serato.
SF_JTRIX 1:19 PM - 27 December, 2006
Ahh, thats exactly what I say when I get 12" singles..."What the hell do I do with these?" I usually just use them as frisbees or throw them in the garbage as soon as I get them...But as soon as I get those Lethal Weapon and Top Secrets...man! Am I a happy camper! In fact, why get all the 12" singles anymore? You know what, I think I'm gonna call all the labels that I get service from and tell them to stop sending me 12" singles because I don't know what to do with them according to Q Styles. Thats gonna save me a lot of space in my house...

So anyway, back to the forum topic, being a NorCal radio DJ, I have to agree with most of you in saying that I really appreciate both styles, I think is just depends on the market you're in. Like for instance, I think the three most distinct radio styles are New York style (lots of doubling on verses and shoutouts), San Francisco style (basically mixing from one song to another with no breaks in between), and Los Angeles style (trick-mixing, doubling up on records, etc.) I really appreciate each one of these styles because to be honest, if you're rocking a party in each of these markets these are the styles that the crowd will be most farmiliar with. I always try to listen to the mixshows as much as I can when I head down to Southern California because I respect all djs styles and its also nice to hear something different than your own market's style every once in a while.

So yeah, much respect to all radio djs and other djs that are doing their thing for the love of it, without bad-mouthing other djs in the process...

P.S. - I prefer to use 12" singles over the pre-mixed compilation records, but if those compilations will make my mix sound smoother, than yeah, I'll use them...so HA!

P.P.S. - And by 12" singles, I mean vinyl AND the 12" versions of MP3's, since I am an avid Serato user...

Thanks for your time
Audio1 2:40 PM - 27 December, 2006
Big ups J-Trix. He mixes up at 94.9... I dont get why homie is dissin' the DJ Playlists.... The playlists are pretty similar nationwide, from POWER in LA to KMEL in SF to HOT97 in NYC. Labels pretty much run the stations so how ya gonna get around that (unless if you have some specialized show)...
Q Styles 1:16 AM - 28 December, 2006
Quote:
Ahh, thats exactly what I say when I get 12" singles..."What the hell do I do with these?" I usually just use them as frisbees or throw them in the garbage as soon as I get them...But as soon as I get those Lethal Weapon and Top Secrets...man! Am I a happy camper! In fact, why get all the 12" singles anymore? You know what, I think I'm gonna call all the labels that I get service from and tell them to stop sending me 12" singles because I don't know what to do with them according to Q Styles. Thats gonna save me a lot of space in my house...

just sell your new 12" on ebay blud
Dj Ryme 1:28 AM - 28 December, 2006
Boy am I glad I live in L.A. and came up listening to our style after hearing how these other places mix.
DJ RICKGEE 2:55 AM - 28 December, 2006
I also came up in LA from the days of Power 106-"Pure Energy..Dance Now" in the late 80's to "Where Hip Hop Lives" in like 92 when the Baka Boyz and Big Boy jumped on to now. I agree with Ryhme. With all due respect to all dj's in other markets I think LA has the most creativity, and skilled DJ's..Big up to 94.9, & KMEL, But I think SoCal has got this one. After all, before remix services all we had was 12's.
scotty B 3:02 AM - 28 December, 2006
LA is starting to get more and more Remix ish, but for the most part the mixing is pretty good. I am just sick of heary the same songs over and over....
sixxx 4:03 AM - 28 December, 2006
Quote:
Boy am I glad I live in L.A. and came up listening to our style after hearing how these other places mix.

Word.
a-swift 4:42 AM - 28 December, 2006
Quote:
LA is starting to get more and more Remix ish, but for the most part the mixing is pretty good. I am just sick of heary the same songs over and over....

this is one of the reasons i've never "aspired" to be a radio dj. i really don't see most of them dropping "real" sets like you would in a club. i mean they can't really. i know they don't play from a playlist but for the most part, they're dropping current hits and maybe a throwback or two here and there. most of the radio djs never drop anything in their mix from outside the station's primary genre and so on. i know this isn't true of all the radio djs, i'm just saying most.

don't get me wrong, i got mad respect for radio djs or really any djs with skill, it's just not something i think "i'd" be interested in.
scotty B 4:59 AM - 28 December, 2006
Man I miss friday night Flava's, Soul Assasin's radio, and the old Wake up show! No disrespect to the WUS now, they are doing all they can.... but the old one was the shit....
Rebelguy 5:33 AM - 28 December, 2006
F Sharp & Q Styles

None of the DJs at Wild or KMEL have ever been forced to use any remix service records. Dave Meyer (owner of Wicked Mix) used to DJ at KMEL and the KMEL guys used to use Wicked Mix but no one was forced. They are DJ tools...if you want to use them then go ahead...if not then no biggie.

On another note...I have DJ'd for Wild weekly (1996 - 2003 and back in 2006)and KMEL daily (2003-2005) and I can honestly say I don't remember ever hearing of either of you mixing at the station. When were you on? Did you have a regular slot or was it for the mix weekends?
Q Styles 7:40 AM - 28 December, 2006
chris,

we know each other trust me. q styles is just an alias i have on here. you are one of the og cats thats been mixin since the x100 days so i do got mad respect for you. you helped contribute to the bay mixing style, clean quick mixin house style made possible with cheat records like wicked mix. nothing wrong with that and i think thats dope back then. however, IMO i think that style has grown stale. kind of how when qbert first started crabbing, everyone thought it was dope for a while but now everyone can crab and people want to hear new shit.

if you want an example, listen to the noon mix on wild. jose melendez has been playing the same shit over and over and over since wild 107.7 and i understand its because the listeners have been programmed to expect to hear that music format but at the same time as a dj wouldnt he at least want to step his game up and try something different. why not just rotate premixed cds if he's gonna do the same thing every day? i think that fool is single-handedly responsible for setting the standard of wackness that come from that station.
DJ C-Zer 7:47 AM - 28 December, 2006
I agree. When it's FCC radio you're stuck on format of playlist because those tracks pay the bills. That's why I started Super Radio Mix (www.SuperRadioMix.com). Open format for anybody to spin their likings.

The US is missing dance music. Especially in Southern California. When I mean dance I mean upbeat songs greater then 125bpms. I miss the days of Deep House.
uno seis 7:56 AM - 28 December, 2006
I'd have to agree with what Q styles main points although I probably wouldn't quite express myself in the same blunt manner, nor do I have the skills/experience to really talk shit about any radio dj.

If i remember correctly Dave Meyer and Glenn Aure, and Jazzy Jim (among others) used to throw in some cuts and scratches when they were mixing and they were my favorite radio djs to listen to. Also I think I have a tape or two of Positively Red from KMEL that I always used to bump...now that guy would scratch and juggle like a beast...
Audio1 9:28 AM - 28 December, 2006
Posatively Red and Kevvy Kev had that hiphop show "The Dangerzone" on the old Wild. That was crazy... Like a mini wakeupshow of sorts for a while there.
Jay-R 9:33 AM - 28 December, 2006
i agree with what some of you guys are saying. using only remix service records can sound a little bland after a while. a lot of time, they have corny intro's. i'd rather have an intro with clean intro like the lethal weapon series.

i think soCal mixshows are a bit more exiting to listen to. especially being a DJ.

i spun a few times at kyld and went to a few meetings on mondays. i didn't do very many. just a few. i got put on in 99 when i battled greg lopez on the doghouse. yeah that was me. i got whooped.
djscottyfox 11:45 AM - 28 December, 2006
Using remix services IS pretty bland... if thats all you use. i personally never subscribed to that theory. And while i may not cut and scratch and juggle a whole lot on the air, i DO feel i work hard. My mixes are always as clean as i can get them..nd i DONT mean on-beat. I mean clean, as in the sounds n melodies mesh well, etc.. lotta djs dont finish their blends.. 8 bars, then just slam the fader over, cuttin off words, losing energy etc.. i think about my mixes, i tell a story with them. if i have to rearrange a song on the fly, i will... i wont use any pre-made tricks like some cats... i still think thats cheating..lol.. i have much respect for choc, vice, mello, rafiki etc..those are friends.. its a different style up here.. all those tricks in the club wont work... people will just look at u funny and wont dance..well..our mixshows are designed to bring the CLUb into our HOME or CAR..so i dont need tricks.,.. and the whole 3 turntable shit? well...i think that played itself out too... give me 30 minutes and ill give u the world on the turntables... theres enuff respect to go around...
DJ F Sharp 11:55 AM - 28 December, 2006
to answer your question chris, around 4 years ago I began dj'ing on KDON's sunday night show "Project Hip Hop" right when it first started poppin off when it was a rotation of Remedy, Crook, & myself and did that for a little bit + an occasional weekend mix. Remedy used to do an old school show and mix I believe for KYLD back then if i can remember correctly. I also knew jazzyjim's brother gary and i asked him & remedy what the deal was with guest mixes on the station and they said they would try and get them to either jim or leslie. i made like 2-3 and that was that...i lived on the central coast so i didnt know if they played them.

this was way back when byze one used to handle the promo list for straight hits cuz i remember buggin him about trying to get on the list but there were already a bunch of cats from kdon on the list already. if i got them for free i woulda used them too.
Audio1 12:08 PM - 28 December, 2006
Scotty Fox is one of the only ones to cut it up on air. Him and Amen do alot of creative mixes while one. Same for Rick Lee. People arent giving the Bay Area radio DJ's enough credit.
DJ F Sharp 12:18 PM - 28 December, 2006
the bay area is filled with talented djs who can cut it up just as much as any dude on KPWR...I used to try and tape scotty and rick lee on kmel when i first started out.

One of the most underrated djs is Remedy who spins on KDON. he won the guitar center national dj comp in 2000 i think and has placed in itf stuff as well. I would put him up there definitely with choc,vice,virman
Q Styles 12:26 PM - 28 December, 2006
scotty you definitely hold it down with the chop shop show and its dope how you playlist expands to new tracks from all hip hop styles, bay music, crunk, east coast, west coast, old skool, etc, whatever. you even showed love to jim jones and the dipshit crew before they were BALLIN and when nobody else played them.

i see the effort you put in your show and do you work hard cuz you go out and find new shit to play unlike your sister station whose lazy ass djs still play crazy in love and yeah every mix like its 2001.

its also funny how jose melendez, the self-proclaimed greatest mix dj in the bay cant mix worth for shit aside from his memorized line up of planet soul, buffy, and jocelyn enriquez. this nigga has ZERO creativity and no motivation to improve the music scene and should not be allowed on the air nor be a director.
dj b easy 3:22 PM - 28 December, 2006
i'm from right outside atlantic city. the local hip-hop station (99.3 the buzz) is wack. no mixshows, etc, so i can only comment on philly mixshows. the djs i came up listening to, besides qbert and m.m.m. and everyone on all the return of the dj comps were cosmic kev and dj doc b. these were the only cats i could hear on the radio. i would go crazy when i went to north jersey and could hear funk flex or camillo tear it down (when flex actually ripped on the radio)...kev could scratch fast...thats about it....neither could cut very well and they would NEVER do creative mixes (by creative i mean cutting certain records together...phrasing...you know)

just some comments from the other side, any other east coast cats comment...
brotha reese 11:26 PM - 28 December, 2006
man i love my bay area dj's.Mind Motion,Chris the Rebel,Rick Lee,Scotty Fox, J Esp,Jazzy Jim,Lesile Perez,dj Remedy,man have inspired me to dj on the radio.these dudes are the cleanist mixers i've heard and real cool guys. and what scotty fox said is true here in the bay if you are doing trix mix folk's will look at you sideways. here NorCal we like to groove.i also mix for kdon 102.5 for the morning mad house,i like to mix clean,i do use some of the remix services and make my own intros and edits,nothing wrong with that,when i'm in la shit power is the ish,the mixers are sic wid it. i enjoy the double's and trix mixing,exciting to hear how the socal dj get down.it's all about California Love West Coast 4 Life.
DJBlisk 11:52 PM - 28 December, 2006
the only dope show during the week here in LA is the 12 pm throwback mix on power 106.
scotty B 12:38 AM - 29 December, 2006
^^^^^ occasionally the new at 2 mix. It is mostly wack, but a few times it has been ok. Like when Sway, and Rev did it. ... But that was over a year ago. I can Listen to Melo mix on Kday too. He is nice with it, and he will throw in the occassional real ish!
DJRQ 12:44 AM - 29 December, 2006
Wow! Interesting...

J-trix, Rebel and ScottyFox pretty much summed up why the Bay Area mixshow style is what it is. Up here we're more focused on smooth mixes with energy and flow...with some flavor (cuts, juggles, scratches) here and there. That is exactly what most of our listeners and club go-ers expect, too. I understand why some of the So cal cats might look at us sideways, cuz they are used to hearing battle-seasoned radio djs cut, scratch and juggle the hell out of records on-air. Being a radio dj who can do a bit more than chirp and crab myself, I certainly appreciate it whenever I get to listen to some of the better LA/SD DJ's...so major props to them. I just don’t know if that style would fly up here...

Besides, as far as REALLY cutting it up on air... at KYLD we have a Rane MP24 in our mixroom, you know...the one with the big ass 60mm xfader and assign switches all in the way, and NO CURVE, lol. It’s not like we have a 56/57 or 909 in there.

Q styles, who are you? From the way you talk, it seems as though you can put it down, correct? Unless you seriously burned a bridge at the station, why don’t you try to get back on? One thing you have to respect about KYLD is that the higher ups always show love to new djs with talent. If there’s anyone out there with some skill putting it down, I would suggest yall send in a tape. Seriously!
djbigboy 2:08 AM - 29 December, 2006
Hhaha, seems like every dj from N Cal has checked in, so I guess I'd put my 2 cents in.

I think the main thing here is that there are 3 distinct styles of djing being debated (S Cal vs N Cal vs NY). But I think something that has been forgotten is that most of the N Cal mixshows at Wild and KMEL are live. Most aren't prerecorded and most mixshows are prerecorded. I think thats a factor that can't be taken lightly. I'm not assuming that the LA station mixes are pre recorded, but generally speaking, there aren't a whole lot of live mix shows. N Cal mixshows are trained not to have a lot of dead space in the mix, and there aren't a whole lot of effects (like from a pioneer mixer). However, I have heard a lot of dead space on LA mixes, I have heard a lot of effects being used. But, like I said, its a style thing, and you cater to your audience, you please them, and thats really the bottom line.

I HAVE to come to the defense of Jose Melendez. This guy, he's on EVERY DAY. With a limited playlist that he has limited control over. And to make him a target isn't cool, because OBVIOUSLY you don't know his situation. And Jose is far from SELF PROCLAIMED, he's one of most humble dj's I know. And although with his show, you either love or it hate it, this is not the same music he mixes in clubs. Jose has fought for dance music in a market that just doesn't really care (see 92.7). And with the music he plays, there just isn't a lot of new old school, or new freestyle, I think he tries to be as creative as he can with the material he can play. He might lack YOUR respect, but this man is respected with other dj's, the record labels, etc.

Jose and a lot of dj's that have already been mentioned here pioneered the N Cal mixshow sound (not to mention mentored a lot of folks including me), Jazzy, Scotty, Rebel, Rick Lee, and now the youngsters are coming up like J Espinoza, Don Lynch, Young Sal, RQ(had to throw you in there). The future looks bright.

And on a side note, with the condition of vinyl how it is, pretty soon, dj's will be forced to either go digital (hello serato) or they will have to use remix services, cuz the 12" is gonna be gone pretty soon.
sixxx 2:28 AM - 29 December, 2006
"or they will have to use remix services, cuz the 12" is gonna be gone pretty soon"

You're kidding right? Vinyl may be dying but remix services ARE NOT going to take over "12 inch versions" meaning the original clean, dirty, instrumental, available on mp3. If you choose to use remix services, you're right... it's a choice.

12 inch original versions (see above) are a necessity. Either you know how to use them, or you don't. There's a reason why there's an instrumental version on the record. If you have a radio mixshow, you should know what the reason is. There shouldn't be any "dead air" if you know what you're doing. Besides, that's what the host of the show is supposed to be doing... filling in those "dead spaces" with drops, promos, etc.

But, I do understand the limitations of mixshows... trust me, I've had mixshows where I was forced to play from a bullshit playlist and pre-recorded. But, I've had the priviledge to be able to do live mixshows without limitations.

One more thing. I'm not hating. Just explaining a thing or two.
Sheeds 3:07 AM - 29 December, 2006
I miss the mix DJ's on San Diego's Blazin 98.9. Dudes got dismissed cuz of payola =T
uno seis 3:11 AM - 29 December, 2006
Quote:
the only dope show during the week here in LA is the 12 pm throwback mix on power 106.

A few years ago when I worked at night driving shuttles at UCSD, I used to catch Felli Fel's mixshow from 10-12...I used to really like it because he was breakin new music, and playin songs that I generally liked even if they were current or kinda old.

Since I moved to downtown SD, Power 106 comes in with too much static...Does he not do this show anymore?
uno seis 3:18 AM - 29 December, 2006
Quote:
I miss the mix DJ's on San Diego's Blazin 98.9. Dudes got dismissed cuz of payola =T

Yeah I used to like how they would play music (sometimes) that was a little different than what gets super played out on the radio.

Z90 has some good djs though...I've djed with bakspin before and I was really impressed with his skills.
DJ.ReFRESH 3:22 AM - 29 December, 2006
Quote:
it's all about California Love

Word. At least we can all be glad that West Coast DJs, as a collective, can account for all these different aspects of DJing - regardless of whether its on the air or in the club.

I, for sure as hell, don't listen to my own mixes when I'm in my car (whether I'm in SoCal or NorCal) so I must give props to everyone else for keeping it movin. Keep up the good work, people are listening and appreciating it!
Jay-R 3:48 AM - 29 December, 2006
just an example for the norcal guys who havn't heard socal radio shows. just a short example.
DJ Virman
Watchwww.youtube.com

Dj Virman @ a Club. just for fun.
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Ryme 4:21 AM - 29 December, 2006
Virmans a sick bastard.
Jay-R 5:41 AM - 29 December, 2006
^agreed.
dj b easy 6:05 AM - 29 December, 2006
virman loves the kids

Watchwww.youtube.com
layzn 8:40 AM - 29 December, 2006
12 days of mix mas! on power 106. i'm loving it. lotta freedom for the DJs so u hear a lotta different styles.
CQuence 8:57 AM - 29 December, 2006
I caught some of DJ Fashion, Fashen, i dunno how u spell it but he was dopeee
djscottyfox 9:16 AM - 29 December, 2006
Quote:
"or they will have to use remix services, cuz the 12" is gonna be gone pretty soon"

You're kidding right? Vinyl may be dying but remix services ARE NOT going to take over "12 inch versions" meaning the original clean, dirty, instrumental, available on mp3. If you choose to use remix services, you're right... it's a choice.

i just got an email from a MAJOR record label... they basically want to know if anyone still wants vinyl anymore, and are seriously considering ceasing the production of vinyl. This isnt the first time ive heard this from labels.. they cant sell vinyl anymore, and there is NO revenue in it, so they are in no hurry to keep it around... sucks.. but true...

and just becuase ive MADE a lot of the remix records, dont mean i use them. i rarely use them at all....
uno seis 11:01 PM - 29 December, 2006
damn I wish I could listen to Power 106 online
DJ C-Zer 11:57 PM - 29 December, 2006
Quote:

So I just recently found this out. I think this was about a few months ago. They had a great thing going. I actually never heard of what a Paypola was until I googled wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org

I think I know who was the main dude that did this payola.
JOSE MELENDEZ 5:41 AM - 30 December, 2006
i can respect opinions and personal thoughts..but when all you do is talk sh**, you will never earn the respect of your peers, the funny thing is that most any dj (not all..about 95%) no matter what he or she thinks of radio (love it or hate it) were offered a mixshow position that they would jump on it in a heart beat no matter what the mixing style was...and they would take any sort of music service to get any and all tracks...even if they were pre edited!! sooo...continue to talk your sh** about me...i'm very proud of what i do and i have work my a** off to get to where i'm at and will continue to do so..yes!!! i have been here since the wild 107.7 days , 11 years and still going strong..trust me when i say this to whom it may concern...you will continue to have me in your thoughts...i will not lose any sleep over you =) so mix on that...

peace and love to all the dj's out there that have respect and love to the true art of dj'ing...hard work, sacrifice, support and respect of your fellow dj!

jose melendez
wild 94.9
san francisco
SF_JTRIX 6:45 AM - 30 December, 2006
Well said Mr. Melendez, well said...
Rebelguy 7:28 AM - 30 December, 2006
C'mon Jose...you know its been a wee but longer than 11 years...what about the KMEL days...haha.

On another note, if you get a chance to check out any of Jose's parties you will find an unusually high ratio of girls to guys, and I am talking about good looking females. They come out just because of him. I ain't hating on anybody but I would rather have a bunch of ladies come out to see me then a bunch of DJs...haha.

How about this...let's put all the hate on hold and just say that everyone has their own style. As long as people are on the dancefloor having a good time then I am happy.
vestax_75 8:15 AM - 30 December, 2006
I agree with Rebelguy...there's been a ton of hatin'on these forums lately...Ive been reading them for the past few months and have just noticed everyone hatin' on people that have "made it" more and more lately. It was AM for a minute, now its Jose. When are peeps gonna wake up and realize every DJ is different, whether they rock vinyl, CDJs, use serato, torq, only use remix service records, only use 12" doubles, are on the radio, do weddings, clubs, are famous or arent famous at all.

If there was a certain standard we all had to follow, then that would make us "cookie cutter" DJs and pretty much make us all fuckin' boring because we all did the same crap.

I also agree with Rebel about the ladies coming out to see Jose..I remember going to an old spot called Vertigo in San Jose 10 years ago and there were tons of dimes walking around...went to a club where he was spinning earlier this year...same thing!
Q Styles 8:26 AM - 30 December, 2006
Quote:
i'm very proud of what i do and i have work my a** off to get to where i'm at and will continue to do so..yes!!! i have been here since the wild 107.7 days , 11 years and still going strong..trust me when i say this to whom it may concern...you will continue to have me in your thoughts...i will not lose any sleep over you =) so mix on that...

if you think you work hard then you are a joke. the only reason why you are recognized is because you dj'd when not many other cats did and you got your rep from commercial radio (whose 99% of listeners cant tell from a skilled dj, beat matcher, or computer program anyway) skills-wise you suck ass and you just dont know how many other djs clown you behind your back from the kmel guys to ultrasounz nobody respects yo ass. you brag about 11 years of mixing but you still doing the same shit from 11 years ago. the sad part is a dj of your stature couldve made a HUGE difference in setting the skill bar high but instead you chose the lazy route and influenced a breed of compilation beat matching dj nerds with no funk. just a bunch of cats that mix songs randomly just cuz the bpm matches. you should definitely be proud of what youve done.
Sheeds 8:42 AM - 30 December, 2006
Lolcano....damn.
That Guy 1 3:15 PM - 30 December, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
i'm very proud of what i do and i have work my a** off to get to where i'm at and will continue to do so..yes!!! i have been here since the wild 107.7 days , 11 years and still going strong..trust me when i say this to whom it may concern...you will continue to have me in your thoughts...i will not lose any sleep over you =) so mix on that...

if you think you work hard then you are a joke. the only reason why you are recognized is because you dj'd when not many other cats did and you got your rep from commercial radio (whose 99% of listeners cant tell from a skilled dj, beat matcher, or computer program anyway) skills-wise you suck ass and you just dont know how many other djs clown you behind your back from the kmel guys to ultrasounz nobody respects yo ass. you brag about 11 years of mixing but you still doing the same shit from 11 years ago. the sad part is a dj of your stature couldve made a HUGE difference in setting the skill bar high but instead you chose the lazy route and influenced a breed of compilation beat matching dj nerds with no funk. just a bunch of cats that mix songs randomly just cuz the bpm matches. you should definitely be proud of what youve done.

Damn, B, did he eat a puppy in front of you?

Do any of these stations also broadcast on-line? I'm in Atl.
vestax_75 12:25 AM - 31 December, 2006
Wyld 94.9 broadcasts online

www.wild949.com
That Guy 1 5:35 AM - 31 December, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damn, B, did he eat a puppy in front of you?

Do any of these stations also broadcast on-line? I'm in Atl.

Plus, it ain't cool to forum thug-it-out with an alias!
That Guy 1 5:36 AM - 31 December, 2006
Quote:
Wyld 94.9 broadcasts online

www.wild949.com

Thanks!
DJ SPAIR 4:37 AM - 1 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Q..why you so biter? You had an oppurtunity when you were at Wild. You could have made a situation for yourself and hustled hard to get bigger as a Radio dj. Thats what Jose did. If you don't like his overall style thats fine,but don't come on here under an ALIAS and stir things up. Thats a punk move.
Q Styles 6:25 AM - 1 January, 2007
Quote:
Q..why you so biter? You had an oppurtunity when you were at Wild. You could have made a situation for yourself and hustled hard to get bigger as a Radio dj. Thats what Jose did. If you don't like his overall style thats fine, but don't come on here under an ALIAS and stir things up. Thats a punk move.

i chose not to stay on radio cuz theres alot of ass kissin involved with gettin a bullshit slot that does not pay and besides those mixers at the station are just nerds that have no social life and cant get hoes beyond the station so they basically devote their whole lives there. just look at the www.wild949.com website's pics of all the mix djs - they all look like a bunch of squares with zero street cred and not an ounce of hip hop in them. they also like to wear their 94.9 jackets around the mall to get attention from young hoodrats who think radio djs are famous celebrities. does that answer your question spair?
DJ C-Zer 6:50 AM - 1 January, 2007
Q Styles, you mean Radio doesn't pay the bux ;-). We do it because we love it.
Audio1 7:26 AM - 1 January, 2007
What name did you DJ as on 94.9?
That Guy 1 7:42 AM - 1 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Q..why you so biter? You had an oppurtunity when you were at Wild. You could have made a situation for yourself and hustled hard to get bigger as a Radio dj. Thats what Jose did. If you don't like his overall style thats fine, but don't come on here under an ALIAS and stir things up. Thats a punk move.

i chose not to stay on radio cuz theres alot of ass kissin involved with gettin a bullshit slot that does not pay and besides those mixers at the station are just nerds that have no social life and cant get hoes beyond the station so they basically devote their whole lives there. just look at the www.wild949.com website's pics of all the mix djs - they all look like a bunch of squares with zero street cred and not an ounce of hip hop in them. they also like to wear their 94.9 jackets around the mall to get attention from young hoodrats who think radio djs are famous celebrities. does that answer your question spair?

Okay, you sound very jealous. You're making yourself look bad.

My real name name is Clark F. White. What's your's, Mr. "street cred"? Are you afraid to talk trash with your real name, Mr. "no-nerd" aka The Mad DJ?
thejarea 8:29 AM - 1 January, 2007
so why does this guy seem so angry? look man, im talking to you "q-styles" on behalf of the whole 94.9 mixshow, your just a HATER. You can say what you gotta say about us, thats fine...its YOUR OPINION. every1s got there own opinion, and views on stuff. All Djs have there own hustles, mixing styles, and personalities etc...So dont hate on another DJ because maybe they arent from the hood, or because they might not be good at scratching. We all rock crowds, and we all get money. Im a radio DJ, and for those of you who are also radio djs reading this, we all know there are the politics, and things that go on that we dont really agree on, but its part of the job field, so we have to deal with it!! radio isnt 4 every1...So back to the ORIGINAL SUBJECT!! Nor Cal DJs vs So Cal Djs...different styles...basically same music...its funny because if you say LA dj, most people automatically think "scratching, beat juggling, etc..." they definatley hold it down on the cuts!! im not from LA, and i dont live out that way either, but ive always thought that the main Djs on the radio were all like on dj steriods, because they could scratch so damn good!! My personal opinion, for radio, your playing for females, and regular people who have no idea about djing, and can care less about anything other than hearing there favorite song!...thats what the regular rotation is for, playing the peoples favorite song...now a days with serato, and hella djs making mash-ups, the mix shows are changing fast! A great Dj will stand out, whether its a dj who plays nothing but "12's, mash-ups, whatever...i use a little bit of everything. i think my listenners would get bored if i just played "12 after "12...i dont use all compilation records either!! i make my own blends and mash-ups, and i use them if i feel i need to.
Q Styles 9:46 AM - 1 January, 2007
Quote:
My personal opinion, for radio, your playing for females, and regular people who have no idea about djing, and can care less about anything other than hearing there favorite song!...thats what the regular rotation is for, playing the peoples favorite song

thats why radio is WACK and your shit is wack because you play for pussy that you aint getting anyway instead of playing good music. if people wanna hear their favorite song why not just listen to their ipod on repeat.
Rebelguy 10:19 AM - 1 January, 2007
Couldn't you just do that yourself with your supposed "good music" and not worry about what everyone else is listening to on the radio?
That Guy 1 11:50 AM - 1 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
My personal opinion, for radio, your playing for females, and regular people who have no idea about djing, and can care less about anything other than hearing there favorite song!...thats what the regular rotation is for, playing the peoples favorite song

thats why radio is WACK and your shit is wack because you play for pussy that you aint getting anyway instead of playing good music. if people wanna hear their favorite song why not just listen to their ipod on repeat.

No, YOU ARE WACK. You're afraid too talk trash to anyone's face. Would you like two plane tickets to my house, Mr. Forum Banger?? Talk your trash, now!

[ROFL!]
djscottyfox 5:46 PM - 1 January, 2007
I may poke jokes at jose, but thats becuase i consider jose a friend, and we all make fun of each other at the stations.. its harmless... but i will say i have a deep respect for jose. From watchin him in action at DV8 back in the day to maintainin a quality mixshow for 11+ years, with a tght playlist. face it, theres only so many songs he can play in that slot, and yet he does it day in and day out without soundin stale. if you havent mixed everyDAY on radio, and tried to stay fresh everyDAY, then its difficult to compare and contrast.

everyone has their own styles, likes, and dislikes about DJing. I dont think there needs to be hatin on a DJ forum..we should all sing We Are The World....

there comes a time, when you need helping hand
when the world must come together as one...
Rebelguy 1:09 AM - 2 January, 2007
For those that didn't know...Scotty Fox was actually in the video. He got blocked by Michael Jacksons Curls though...haha.
Jay-R 2:17 AM - 2 January, 2007
i gotta give it up for WILD. they put me on in 99 for a few slots in the wee hours in the morning after i battled greg on the doghouse. all i can say is that i met a lot of great dj's there. much respect to all there. i don't agree with the hatin, but it's a matter of opinion. i live in socal now and i still listen to wild when i drive up to the bay. much love.

back to the subject. how do you think the listeners would react if bay area radio stations switched areas for a weekend? for instance, how would the listers react if Power dj's played for the bay area for a weekend using the same style and equipment and bay area radio dj's played for socal using their setup and style? would the listers be shocked? would it make a difference? do you think it would be interesting to hear for both markets?
Audio1 2:33 AM - 2 January, 2007
It would be interesting.... and to be fair with Bay Area Radio cats, Ive been noticing alot of doubling up and cutting on both wild and kmel.
DJ SPAIR 5:40 AM - 2 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I understand what you're saying,but I'm suprised you didn't know what you were getting yourself into . Did you think that Clear Channel is going to pay you alot of money just to mix on the radio?? Haha.of course not. They're capitalists! My boy Dj Mere use to mix on KMEL. His slot was from 1-2am on Fridays.. I don't think he got paid sqwat.. He was just happy to have 200,000 people listening to his mix. Thats the trade off. Ya feel?

Don't worry about what these cats are doing. Jealously gets you no where. Trust me..I learned this lesson along time ago.
DJ F Sharp 6:00 AM - 2 January, 2007
DJs spin on commercial radio so they can get club gigs, point blank...promoters know they can book you because you mix every weekend on the radio and your name is known throughout your area. Anybody workin for ClearChannel, Radio One, Emmis will say they barely get paid to do a mix, why do you think everyone is tryin to syndicate themselves...hell even the on-air jocks barely get paid!!!

You think they are gonna play Gangstarr & Jeru the Damaja at 10pm on Friday night? get the fuck out of here man you understand the business...This is a BUSINESS!!!! If you wanna talk about payola and commercial radio and complain, Im completely with you saying thats illegal and isnt right. but commercial radio is supposed to be playing the average 18-31 yr olds FAVORITE mainstream songs
DJRQ 7:33 AM - 2 January, 2007
alright...i think we're all giving Q Styles a little too much attention. till he/she can come clean with who he/she is, it’s just another hater on the train...
djscottyfox 7:40 AM - 2 January, 2007
Quote:
Anybody workin for ClearChannel, Radio One, Emmis will say they barely get paid to do a mix,

i get paid just fine... lol
djscottyfox 7:41 AM - 2 January, 2007
rebel was in the Band-aid video for "do they know its christmas" They used him as a stand-in for the lead singer of Kajagoogoo, Limahl. its a never-ending story, chris...
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:20 AM - 27 July, 2007
bump
Rebelguy 12:45 AM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:
rebel was in the Band-aid video for "do they know its christmas" They used him as a stand-in for the lead singer of Kajagoogoo, Limahl. its a never-ending story, chris...

Yup that was me. Whatever it took to pay the bills back in the days.
djskiggz 2:04 AM - 27 July, 2007
someone post the difference. Have not heard a norcal radio dj
Jay-R 4:35 AM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:

you can listen to norcal stations online.

i heard that power 106 and hot 97 will be streaming live soon. FINALLY!

much love for norcal stations, but i would love to hear a norcal mixshow mix as Choc used to do it on air. i know they are out there.
DJ C-Zer 6:06 AM - 30 July, 2007
Quote:

When I use to live in the, Bay Area a few years ago, DJs mix with more energy. You'll hear more house, freestyle (90s dance) in the mixes. Not sure if this has changed but at least I know that's how it was with Wild up there. Anybody want to back that up?
Jay-R 6:20 AM - 30 July, 2007
i grew up in the bay area. move to socal in 2000. in socal, you will hear more scratching, juggling, tricks, more use of actual singles, etc. up north it's about remixing.
djscottyfox 7:14 AM - 30 July, 2007
if u dont live here, then how do you know what we sound like?
Jay-R 3:03 PM - 30 July, 2007
live streamimg?
djscottyfox 3:46 PM - 30 July, 2007
Im just sayin, you make generalized statements about our mixshows. Dont be so quick to pass judgement. Different regions, different styles... what works there doesn't always work here.
Jay-R 3:56 PM - 30 July, 2007
Quote:
Im just sayin, you make generalized statements about our mixshows. Dont be so quick to pass judgement. Different regions, different styles... what works there doesn't always work here.

amen brotha.

my comments were not negative. don't want to come off that way.
uno seis 4:42 PM - 30 July, 2007
wow power 106 streaming online? i've been waiting for that for a looooong time
Jay-R 4:46 PM - 30 July, 2007
Quote:
wow power 106 streaming online? i've been waiting for that for a looooong time

thats just a rumor for right now. projected date is around september.
DJBlisk 5:09 PM - 30 July, 2007
power 106 streaming online isn't as great as you think. they play the same 20 songs forever.
uno seis 5:32 PM - 30 July, 2007
yeah but at least i could check out the lunchtime mix and the new at 2 mix
DJBlisk 5:44 PM - 30 July, 2007
hahaha. good point. the 5 o'clock mix with big syphe and delux is refreshing as welll.
uno seis 5:48 PM - 30 July, 2007
true, but by then im gone from the office and online streaming isnt as important to me.

also the djs on Wild 96 here in the I.E. have some pretty impressive cutting ability too from what I've heard in limited listening
Jay-R 5:51 PM - 30 July, 2007
anyone know about hot HOT 97's mixshows? i'd like to check em out one day.
kev_the_dj 6:20 PM - 30 July, 2007
SRSLY? Power 106 is going to stream online?!?!?! ITS A MIRABLE!!!
sixxx 6:23 PM - 30 July, 2007
I thought they used to stream online a long time ago... it was video/audio if I recall correctly. Then, when the whole Napster went down they stopped along with all radio stations who were streaming.
DJ C-Zer 1:56 PM - 16 August, 2007
Quote:
true, but by then im gone from the office and online streaming isnt as important to me.

also the djs on Wild 96 here in the I.E. have some pretty impressive cutting ability too from what I've heard in limited listening

I hate to piss on your party, but the Wild 96 crew all got fired. The station went down after months of struggling to find an edge. They went from hip-hop to hip-hop and reggaeton, to Spanish Pop, back to hip-hop and now sold the station to KBuena. You'll no longer hear scratching, but you will hear the new station being bumped at your local Mexican taco shop. Paisas in full affect.

Which reminds me, this year Microsoft joined up with Pontiac to create an internet car radio. It won't be long before high speed interent will travel through telephone lines and people will be tuned in to commercial free radio. Just like this station - www.SuperRadioMix.com. They got some of the hottest S. Cali mixers.
djzoo 5:11 PM - 16 August, 2007
Quote:

...It won't be long before high speed interent will travel through telephone lines and people will be tuned in to commercial free radio...

try sirius/xm radio
Audio1 7:02 PM - 16 August, 2007
by the way, the echo is now in full effect on both KMEL and Wild 949. Thanks LA! hahha
Rebelguy 9:05 PM - 16 August, 2007
Quote:
by the way, the echo is now in full effect on both KMEL and Wild 949. Thanks LA! hahha

I will plead guilty on that one. I use it mainly to smooth out the last couple of bars of a mix to transition from song to song.
dj cubicle 9:10 PM - 16 August, 2007
Quote:
Which reminds me, this year Microsoft joined up with Pontiac to create an internet car radio. It won't be long before high speed interent will travel through telephone lines and people will be tuned in to commercial free radio. Just like this station - www.SuperRadioMix.com. They got some of the hottest S. Cali mixers.

So now, DJ C-Zer is known as a Producer, Dee Jay, Remixer, and the Program Director of Super Radio Mix - The World's Official Mix Station. He started a radio station with his DJ partner 'Da Chef' called SuperRadioMix.com.

Someone am trying be slick advertisingocity.
sixxx 9:11 PM - 16 August, 2007
You DJ so bad, you echo'ed your trainwreck. Oh wait, wrong thread. :P
Audio1 9:16 PM - 16 August, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I will plead guilty on that one. I use it mainly to smooth out the last couple of bars of a mix to transition from song to song.

No worries... You and Lynch use it tastefully. Unsure about the other cats on both stations tho...
sixxx 9:19 PM - 16 August, 2007
The only time I like the echo is when is done anywhere else EXCEPT A TRANSITION.
Jay-R 11:20 PM - 16 August, 2007
Quote:

thanks socal.
Rebelguy 12:04 AM - 17 August, 2007
The only time I hate an echo is when it's done anywhere else EXCEPT A TRANSITION. The best is when people do it during songs and don't have the right setting and it double beats. Classic. Also add Flanging EVERY song in a mix and not knowing how to adjust your levels and having your scratching way to loud.

PS This ain't directed toward you Sixxx. Your battle mix was tight. These are my own pet peeves.
SF_JTRIX 1:10 AM - 17 August, 2007
Funny...I just went to the station today right before Don was about to do his 5 o'clock mix and saw him hooking up the EFX-500. I was like "when did you start using the effects?" He said "I've been using it for the past week or so on all my mixes". Then I immediately thought about all the effects box bashing that goes on in this forum...

so if anyone has an EFX-500 for sale, please PM me.....
Jay-R 3:42 AM - 17 August, 2007
looks like efx-500 sales are gonna go up in nor-cal.

on a side note, for some reason i like my efx-500 better than the 57's effects. very simple and effective when used with the 56.

i'm honestly surprised to hear wild using effects. i'm sure you guys will get creative with it. so does that mean more cutting and scratching?

BTW, keep up the good work.
DJ C-Zer 3:55 AM - 17 August, 2007
Quote:

Someone am trying be slick advertisingocity.

hahah. Thanks for caring brotha.
DJ C-Zer 3:59 AM - 17 August, 2007
Quote:
looks like efx-500 sales are gonna go up in nor-cal.

on a side note, for some reason i like my efx-500 better than the 57's effects. very simple and effective when used with the 56.

i'm honestly surprised to hear wild using effects. i'm sure you guys will get creative with it. so does that mean more cutting and scratching?

BTW, keep up the good work.

Interesting that North Cal is barely getting into the EFX-500. It's way too played out here in S. Cali. Way too played out. The only real use I see is like one cat said up there, echoing out of a mix 4 bars before or so. Flanges tend to be over used and pointless really. Why stress a chorus with a flange. Don't make sense. Sounded cool when it first started but not it's like let it play maing.
Jay-R 4:11 AM - 17 August, 2007
yeah soCal is over powered with effects. seems like everyone i socal has en efx-500. i even know people who use it instead of the 57's effects. but to be honest, i think it isn't as used as much as it was 4 years ago. it's dying down slowly for most people to notice.
djlazyboy 7:56 PM - 8 April, 2009
Quote:
even though these two are in the same state, play similiar music they have very different ways of mixing on air. bay area station uses a lot of remix service records and remixes. Socal uses regular singles 90% of the time, cut, scratch, juggle etc to add spice.

whats your take on this? which one livens you up more as a listener?

They really are two different style of mixing. I have lived in nor cal for more than 20 of my 27 years on earth and I love both style for different reasons. I am a former member of the Truly OdD's Heavyweights record pool.

As a trick/scratch/club/party/radio/mixer. I personally would rather listen to the socal mixing style. If I need some more party breaks for the club and want to hear more in depth production using beats you wouldn't normally expect to hear, I would listen to J. Espinosa.

J. Espinosa(nor cal) is the best radio/protools/3 table mixer I have ever met in my life.

I listen to Power 106 everytime I am in LA. and Koki, Mr. Choc, Dj Jamm, J. rocc all kill it like no other. I just listen for how they do the tricks that they do. Like Mr. Choc is very comfortable with using his "drop then cross" technique that in my opinion he best demonstrated in "Chocolotta flava" when he did it with Slick Ricks "Children's Stories" that made it sound like the horns in the beginning keep playing. And for the most part just listening to the level of cleanliness with scratching that socal djs have perfected is amazing to listen to.
I have only heard of when Melo D used to be on the air and what I have heard was that he would break it down into a quick battle/showcase performance from time to time using radio friendly tracks and kill it, but I haven't actually heard it myself. I wish I could have heard him tear it up on the air live.

The downside of socal mixing style in my opinion is that we all know that there are way too many people out there who believe they are or can be a great dj, when in all honesty they are just another bedroom dreamer. And when you live in socal and you listen to socal mixing styles then you have all these people who SUCK at djing period and now want to be the next "IN CLUB DMC CHAMPION"! I used to guest dj for my homie DJ CRE-8 at CLUB GLAM in Orange County and there was a separate room for the "second string djs" I would listen to them and duck my head from time to time when thier dj actions would embarrass me(and I wasn't even on the tables).

if you are gonna socal style mix please learn the counts of the record you are scratching in. Don't drop Rob Base "It takes two [Hit It!]" on the 1 count! it comes in on the 8 count!

And if you can't scratch, practice AT HOME until you get it.

Another thing. A lot of people will tell you... "PLAT THE RECORD ALREADY!!!"
on the radio this make things a little difficult because the whole point is to keep your audience listening. I know almost everyone is quick to switch the station but "Socal mixing style" can give more opportunities to do so.

So these are my only issues with the socal mixing style.

I can't say in general one is better than the other, I can say the Nor Cal Style mixing probably works better in the club scene.
DJ NoNseNse 8:13 PM - 8 April, 2009
Quote:
how's KSFM's Mixshows? havn't realy got a chance to listen to em. how's thier mixing compared to KYLD's and KMEL's?

love power 106's mixshow's!

KSFM's mixshows are coo but not as great as KMEL or KYLD.
DJ C-Zer 1:39 PM - 2 September, 2009
Is KDay still around?
Boba Tha Hut 4:30 PM - 2 September, 2009
Just came back up (no homo) a month ago on 93.5. No radio personalities or DJs yet as far as I have heard.

I actually enjoy KJLH saturday night mixshows. Straight mixing, doubles, not too much scratching, some effects, mostly old school R&B, hip hop, freestyle, funk, etc.
Audio1 10:40 PM - 2 September, 2009
Wow. This thread is back.... I was in LA 2 weeks ago... The mixing was koo... I think it annoyed me more that a DJ would play an instrumental each time simply to throw a POWER106 CALI MIX WEEKEND commercial drops over them, each single mix... It just seems unnecessary, esp. in these days and the technology. Like "WE FUCKIN KNOW ITS THE CALI MIX WEEKEND", Do we need to hear it after every single beat mix? Props to DJ LOS from POWER. He was murdering the turntables on POWER that weekend and thoroughly impressed me.
Boba Tha Hut 11:23 PM - 2 September, 2009
+1

that's exactly why i don't listen to power... too many annoying drops between every god damn transition.

I can see the general listener liking bay area straight mixing better, because it's cleaner ,uses less drops and sounds better overall. The general public doesn't know what is going on behind the decks (straight mixing vs instrumental->vocal) and probably doesn't appreciate, let alone care, that you are using doubles.

BTW, I love the bay area sound and style. I know a bunch of bay area DJs, like SBC djs (R lee, wayout, mike D etc) have influenced my musical taste today.
Audio1 11:25 PM - 2 September, 2009
yeah, Again its radio mixing... All the people I associate on this forum and other people I know from LA tell me that club DJing is completely different in Socal compared to radio... The clubs incorporate more straight mixing and trick mixing. All good. Cali has many styles and varieties.