Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ITCH FREEZES AFTER 2-3 HOURS DURING A GIG

Product
ITCH
Version
-
Hardware
Numark NS7
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ Taze 1:05 AM - 11 May, 2010
Product: itch
Hardware: numark-ns7
Computer: mac
---

Hi, I definitely need help in resolving this problem!!!! During a live event (approximately 2-3 hours into it), ITCH becomes unresponsive and I get a loss of audio. This has occurred to me during my last three gigs and to tell you the truth, it is very embarrassing to make everyone stop dancing so that that I re-boot the software. It usually occurs when I am loading a new track from my hard drive. I have checked for corrupt files and have followed the recommended checklists for ITCH and I still have the same problem. This past weekend it happened three times the same night!! If I shut itch down and turn the controller off/on, the audio comes back. I need to fix this problem right away, HELP!
Subdriven 1:35 AM - 11 May, 2010
Specs?
DJ Taze 2:43 AM - 11 May, 2010
Sorry, I'm running a MBP aluminum unibody 2009 15" 2.53, 250gb hdd, 4gb ram using a WD 500GB PORTABLE DRIVE with a powered Belkin USB hub.
JBoogz 1:18 AM - 12 May, 2010
I had the same issue. MBP 13" Unibody. 2gb Ram. I have no corrupt files in my library, and all of my tracks are analyzed, ID3 tags read, etc.

I noticed there are quite a few people having the same issue....
DJ Taze 2:13 AM - 12 May, 2010
Have you got any support from SERATO. It seems to be a common issue, wonder if it has anything to do with the new SNOW LEOPARD update? Anyway, I still need to resolve this ASAP.
ron solo 8:22 PM - 12 May, 2010
hey guys, i've had this problem in the past. It began when i upgraded my operating system to Snow leopard. My laptop specs:

Macbook Pro 15 (Summer 2009)
2.53ghz duo core
4gb ram
Snow leopard

The Snow leopard operating system has only created problems for me when using ITCH, because of this i downgraded my OS to OSX 10.5 to regular leopard. This solved all my issues.
DJ Taze 11:10 PM - 12 May, 2010
Hey ron, unfortunately my MBP came with snow leopard pre-installed. How would I downgrade? Also, do you know if there are any other ways to solve this problem? I have not heard from SERATO yet on this discussion and would like to get a solution. I wonder if a software fix is needed.
djamiri 3:03 AM - 16 May, 2010
Were your issues ever resolved? I'm picking up a MBP next week and want to make sure its rock solid since I have several gigs coming up
DJ Taze 3:44 AM - 16 May, 2010
No, not yet. Still trying different configurations to diagnose the problem. I have not heard from SERATO yet so Im hoping I can get a solution.
tommeul 7:33 AM - 17 May, 2010
Hi DJ Taze, I'm having the same problems with my NS7 in Itch.
My configuration: MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz duo core - 4GB ram.
The first time that I had this problem was after a few hours of mixing without any problems.
But now I use it for 5 to 10 minutes and the problems start all over.
I load a song in deck A or B (doesn't matter), the title loads without the graph shown.
I can start the decks so they start spinning, but no sound!
This was a real stressy situation last weekend.
I hope they will find a solution for this.
If you know something more, can you post it here?
tommeul 6:57 AM - 18 May, 2010
Hi all, I have found the solution!
I have a Macbook Pro, and the problems started when I upgraded Itch to 1.5.
But I didn't noticed that I had to upgrade my driver to.
From the moment I did that, everything worked fine!
I'm glad it had nothing to do with my gear.
Dj Ly 10:32 AM - 18 May, 2010
hey I just did a gig this past saturday and the saturday before and i had the same problem at both, after about 2-4 hours of playing. This happeneds when 1 platter is playing or both platters are playing, it olso occur when I am scrolling threw my library. I am using a Using a segate 250 GB external HD
(PC Specs)
DELL Studio 1558 \ Intel Core i5 processor 2.4 up tp 2.9 GHz in over drive mode
4.00 GB Ram\ 64-Bit Windows 7 Operating System \ Running Itch Version 1.5.0 (15047)

In Itch the hardware latencey is only set to 5
The user interface is set to 50 screen updates per second
I have no clue how to stop the audio drop outs. When is a new update for windows 7 64-bit coming out to address this issues.