DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HP Laptop

agelo538 2:45 AM - 30 April, 2010
I want to start off by saying please don't turn this into a mac vs. pc debate. I have a macbook that is my primary DJ computer. I love it and has been running great for 3 years. I also have an old powerbook and older Dell I use for backup. I have a $300 credit with HP and would like to purchase a better backup. Of course I am willing to add to the $300.Any suggestions for an HP that can run Scratchlive and VideoSL effectively?
mikep 2:50 AM - 30 April, 2010
Costco has a 17" HP for $679 I saw in thei coupon book through May 9. I love my 17" HP I've had for 3 years. I don't know if the new ones have 2 internal dives though like mine does.
pdidy 2:55 AM - 30 April, 2010
i run serato on both pc and a macbook pro, but i would not even consider Scratchlive and VideoSL on a pc.
BERTO 4:33 AM - 2 May, 2010
Quote:
i run serato on both pc and a macbook pro, but i would not even consider Scratchlive and VideoSL on a pc.

nobody does
Laz219 5:02 AM - 2 May, 2010
If your using VideoSL, Mac really is the way to go.

For a backup for purely music, you should be able to find a laptop that will work fine pretty easily. Might even be a good time if they are still offloading vista stock,
latinblood2k1 6:19 AM - 2 May, 2010
Im running the HP G60-549dx and so far its running very stable. I have the buffer settings on 2. Sometimes I would leave the wifi on and I wouldn`t get a blink.
latinblood2k1 6:26 AM - 2 May, 2010
of course I had to customize it to scratch live and only have it used for that purpose.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:40 AM - 2 May, 2010
I have a HP G61 @ 1.9Ghz dual core, 3GB of RAM. 64 bit.

Running windows 7 64 bit I get dropouts constantly, about the 3rd setting is ok, still the odd drop out

Running xp 32 bit, runs very well with the highest settings, the odd drop out now and again but managable, still not happy though I want no drop outs what so ever
Laz219 10:53 AM - 2 May, 2010
XP is recommened by Serato because it simply runs better for minimum latency. They have always promoted that point.
Have you optimised your laptop to run SSL?
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:52 PM - 2 May, 2010
tried all the tweaks i can find, going to do a RATT report and post it in the help section
djdalite 4:08 PM - 2 May, 2010
IMO the dv series of HP are crap - they have overheating issues which end up frying the connection on the vid card - you will end up getting a blank screen but the laptop will turn on, the Mobos are fault as well. this of course is always after its out of warrenty. its still a hit or miss, but deff more hits

if you do go hp stay away from the the 17in screens = more heat more problems

also, windows 7 runs super smooth with SL, even smoother than XP did for me

current setups a HP Dv6 - intel core 2 duo t5750 @ 2.0ghz and 4gig of ram - it was a backup laptop, now im just waiting for this one to bite the dust
mikep 4:17 PM - 2 May, 2010
Mine is HP DV8000z 17" and no problems in 3 years. I like the 17" for the screen size and second internal hd.
the doctor of style dj rod 7:28 AM - 29 May, 2010
hp sucks mine crashed on me in front of 3000 people last month i ordered a mac book pro f hp and all other pc laptops
THE PROFESSOR or DOUGIE FRESH 8:12 PM - 29 May, 2010
Any other good PC Laptops recommendations or warnings??
BERTO 1:04 AM - 30 May, 2010
Quote:
Any other good PC Laptops recommendations or warnings??
www.apple.com
DANONECKA1 9:56 AM - 10 November, 2017
I have a bunch of hours that won't read setato love they give me a error code of can't read audio.....anyone got any ideas