Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

reading crates on 2.0

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
D-Money 3:51 PM - 20 April, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.3
---

hi, i just upgraded to 2.0 everything is working fine, just when i first load up the program and its reading my tags (on an external 500gb hard drive) at the bottom it says that one of my crates wasn't read properly and that i should try to remount it to see if that works. but after a couple seconds that msg disappears and that crate it was referring to plays just fine. any ideas?
Serato
Daniel K 2:05 AM - 21 April, 2010
Hi D-Money,

I'd setup the same create again (same name and same tracks) and delete the old one. Just to make sure this crate is not corrupt. The message shouldn't reappear then.
D-Money 6:32 PM - 21 April, 2010
hi daniel, i did want you suggested...it worked for that crate, however its saying the same message for a different crate now...keep in mind, it played fine.
Serato
Daniel K 2:00 AM - 22 April, 2010
Ok, can you quote the exact error message you are getting and attach both crate files to this thread?

You should find the crates here: Home> Music> ScratchLIVE> Subcrates
D-Money 3:36 PM - 27 April, 2010
hey Daniel, all i am able to read is...." warning: an error occured while reading DANCEHALL-REGGAE. Remounting external hard drive"

thats all i could see at the bottom of the screen, after that everything loads up and i have not had a problem playing any songs from that crate.

for the attachment, i followed the path but when i went inot the ScratchLIVE folder, there wasnt a "subcrates"

there is in the following order: Auto Import, database V2, DropoutCount.log, Effects, History, Imported, MicManager.log, OverviewBuilder.log, ReloacteLostFiles.log, SmartCrates and windo.pref
jepe 9:39 PM - 27 April, 2010
I got this same message
"warning: an error occured while reading " but it seems the system "try again" and everything works lovely.
but i would like to understand this also.
it started to appear when i ve installed 2.0 , but now the message appears also in 1.9.2.
D-Money 11:26 PM - 27 April, 2010
jepe, did you notice since this "error msg" popped up the songs arent in order like they used to be...for example on my reggae crate, all my songs that are on the same beat used to be in order when the bpm tab was selected...now even if it is they arent in order
jepe 11:43 PM - 27 April, 2010
hello,
i was doing some search,
it seems that this is a know bug on 2.0
the crates are not messed up but simply unformatted as they where previously.
did you already saw this?
www.scratchlive.net
cheers
D-Money 12:07 AM - 28 April, 2010
thanks for the link...it was driving me insane! i hope they resolve this asap
Serato
Daniel K 4:45 AM - 28 April, 2010
Hi jepe,

Yes, thank you for the link.

@ D-Money,

Thanks for checking that.
Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the problem on my machine.

Can you please check if you find a Subcrates folder within the _ScratchLIVE_ folder of your external hard drive? If so, can you please upload the two relevant crates to this thread? This would help us finding the potential bug.

Please also upload a screenshot of your crate showing the wrong order when you sort it by BPM.

Thank you for your help.
12:48 PM, 28 Apr 2010
D-Money attached a file: DANCEHALL-REGGAE (CARIBBEAN KINGS)%%DANCEHALL.crate
Download· Permalink
12:52 PM, 28 Apr 2010
D-Money attached a file: IMG00515-20100428-0851.jpg
View· Permalink
D-Money 12:55 PM - 28 April, 2010
hey Daniel, ive noticed that all my crates are doing this...if you look at the picture attached, the first one says "sidewalk university riddim" with a bpm of 96 now i have about 10 different songs on the same "riddim" that all say 96 bpm but they arent lined up one after the other like they used to be in 1.9.2 and older versions the next "sidewalk university riddim" doesnt show up till almost 10 tracks down the list.
DJ NewLife 12:56 PM - 28 April, 2010
I'm having a similar problem but my itunes playlist isn't even loading and I get the spinning wheel...
12:56 PM, 28 Apr 2010
DJ NewLife attached a file: Screen shot 2010-04-28 at 7.54.44 AM.png
View· Permalink
DJ NewLife 12:59 PM - 28 April, 2010
So, just a second ago everything loaded but it's running very sluggish. It worked fine for me lastnight.
Serato
Daniel K 12:31 AM - 29 April, 2010
Hi D-Money,

Many thanks for the files.
Is it correct that the crate you've uploaded was empty? If so, can you delete all empty crates manually and check if you still get the error message when you close and reopen Scratch Live?

Thank you for the screenshot. However, it seems to only show tracks with a BPM of 96. Could you upload a screenhsot taken from a wider angle which shows the BPM tab and the actual problem of tracks with the same BPM not being lined up one after another?
Click 'Cmd, Shift, 4' to choose an area for a screenshot or 'Cmd, Shift, 4' + 'Space' to make a screenshot from a whole window.

@ DJ NewLife,
Thank you for the screenshot. Your issue sounds rather like an iTunes library problem. Can you please open a new thread including your system specifications here: www.serato.com ?

Cheers :)
1:21 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
D-Money 2:00 PM - 14 September, 2010
Hello Daniel,

Looks like the problem has started up again...i never sent anything before because i rolled back to 1.9.2 and the issue seemed to be okay.

Now, i went to 2.1 and it was working just fine even up until this past saturday...but yesterday for some reason the error msg came up again stating that there was an error loading a crate "try remounting and starting the scratch live"

this error appears on my macbook pro as well as my pc.