DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Lil Jon

Manny Rize 6:42 PM - 10 April, 2010
you read that right....
lil jon is supposed to be spinning on the 1s and 2s at the hard rock hotel april 24th.... supposedly he was a dj before he was a rapper..anyone buying this???
heres what he had to say
“DJ-ing is serious to me. Some people think when I come in the club, that I’m just going to be one of those fake celebrity DJs,” Jon observes. “Nah. I’m really DJing, I’m mixing.”

full article here www.skamartist.com

*discuss*
sixxx 7:02 PM - 10 April, 2010
He's right... but he's also wrong. He doesn't mix the entire time and some who have seen him may argue that he doesn't mix at all.
Maskrider 7:05 PM - 10 April, 2010
He could've made a press release about being a Dj long time ago.......lol
DJ CON-STRUC 7:08 PM - 10 April, 2010
Not sure how good he is but he's not lying about being a dj in the past.
Logisticalstyles 7:10 PM - 10 April, 2010
Lil Jon was a DJ waaay before the whole crunk thing. He used to play nothing but real hip-hop at the clubs and on the radio here in Atlanta.

Did you know he produced the Dynamic Duo remix to Capelton's 'Tour'? You know the reggae song with the children's story beat? Yeah, that's Lil Jon.

He really does know how to mix. I used to listen to him and Searcy every weekend at the Warehouse, previosly known as the Phoenix. And he spun that realness on WRFG and I think WRAS, plus he also had a Reggae show at one point on V-103.

Don't get it twisted, that crunk shit is not the real Lil' john.
Dj Shamann 7:10 PM - 10 April, 2010
Yes Lil' Jon was a Dj before he made it big as a rapper, I thought it was common knowledge.
Logisticalstyles 7:12 PM - 10 April, 2010
oh yeah, all of that during like '94-'96
DJ TOGTFO 7:41 PM - 10 April, 2010
People in Atlanta know whats up with Lil Jon and his DJing. He's definitely legit.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:24 PM - 10 April, 2010
Quote:
People in Atlanta know whats up with Lil Jon and his DJing. He's definitely legit.

Ain't that some sheet..
Manny Rize 10:02 PM - 10 April, 2010
i had no idea...good to know...idk but from what i read on that magazine article supposedly he dropped the hobby after a few weeks ,mind explainnig how he was on the radio within only a few weeks of spinning??
Manny Rize 10:05 PM - 10 April, 2010
wait i just went back to the article and re-read that...nevermind
Dj BuddyLove 10:09 PM - 10 April, 2010
id buy lil jon being a Dj before lil wayne & Pauly D

:P
DJ Stoyvo 11:10 PM - 10 April, 2010
He's also cross-eyed so he wears dark sunglasses all the time... which is another big +1
djkermit 11:12 PM - 10 April, 2010
All he has to do is get on the mic and yell ........... WHAT ...YEAH!.... LET'S GO! ......at exactly 120 bpm and throw in the next track over it!

LOL!

Instant Party Break! !!
Manny Rize 2:43 AM - 11 April, 2010
Quote:
All he has to do is get on the mic and yell ........... WHAT ...YEAH!.... LET'S GO! ......at exactly 120 bpm and throw in the next track over it!

LOL!

Instant Party Break! !!

Lmao haha thats 2 funny
Marx&Villain 3:12 AM - 11 April, 2010
i saw lil john spin a 2 hr HOUSE/ELECTRO set @ Star Room in the hamptons a few years ago, he killed it lol
dj_KaSE 3:42 AM - 11 April, 2010
Skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet
bill-e 5:48 AM - 11 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

LOL!

Instant Party Break! !!

Lmao haha thats 2 funny

PUT YO PUT YO HANDS UP!UP!UP!
ninos 8:09 AM - 11 April, 2010
lol jon came to my city and threw a show, he was djing and rapping, here is a a pic..
www.twitpic.com
Jay Sol 10:56 AM - 11 April, 2010
Lil Jon is wicked...

did yall know that Paul Wall was actually a DJ before he was a rapper?
DJ CON-STRUC 2:28 PM - 11 April, 2010
Quote:

did yall know that Paul Wall was actually a DJ before he was a rapper?

Yeah... I think he had a radio show on shade45 a little while back
Logisticalstyles 2:31 PM - 11 April, 2010
Quote:
He's also cross-eyed so he wears dark sunglasses all the time... which is another big +1

I was gonna add that part, but didn't want to put him out there like that! :-)
sixxx 5:55 PM - 11 April, 2010
Quote:
lol jon came to my city and threw a show, he was djing and rapping, here is a a pic..
www.twitpic.com

No need to misquote... lol Jon

hahaha
DCD 8:22 PM - 11 April, 2010
Watchwww.youtube.com

I hear more talking than mixing. =/
DJ TOGTFO 11:05 PM - 11 April, 2010
youre gonna base your opinion on Lil Jon's DJing based on a 2 minute clip of him DJing on youtube? Stop being such a n00b.
DCD 11:23 PM - 11 April, 2010
Quote:
youre gonna base your opinion on Lil Jon's DJing based on a 2 minute clip of him DJing on youtube? Stop being such a n00b.

Rad reading bro. I never created an opinion of his DJing based on that video. I said there was more talking than mixing in that video.
Manny Rize 4:04 AM - 12 April, 2010
after seeing that tranny i didnt even bother to see the rest of the video...god thats just wrong...ugly.. umm whatever that thing is?
bill-e 5:07 AM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
www.twitpic.com

No need to misquote... lol Jon

hahaha

lol...

LoL Jon
djchriscruz 11:40 AM - 12 April, 2010
Here are some shots of Lil Jon djing on 3 turntables in a video

Watchwww.youtube.com

I remember he was heavy into production on the Soso Def Bass All Star compilations. So the house inspired tracks he does now is not far from what he was producing in the mid 90's.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:34 PM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:
i saw lil john spin a 2 hr HOUSE/ELECTRO set @ Star Room in the hamptons a few years ago, he killed it lol

ive heard lil jon used to really throw down big in the house\electro scene in the ATL, ive heard him do partys where they didnt announce he was DJin (multi DJ format) cause he didnt want everyone ecpectin to hear crunk stuff. Dude is legit
The Notourious B.K.S. 2:02 PM - 12 April, 2010
I have a mixtape he did recently, its really well put together, he isn't mind blowing like enferno's recent shit, but he's solid enough that he can do a whole night.
dj shadow from detroit 2:15 PM - 12 April, 2010
im sure he is decent.prob can mix.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:16 PM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:
I have a mixtape he did recently, its really well put together, he isn't mind blowing like enferno's recent shit, but he's solid enough that he can do a whole night.

i def dont think hes trying to be enferno, thatsa whole different ballgame there
Audio1 3:08 PM - 12 April, 2010
This thread shows you how uninformed the newer generation of DJ's truly are. Lil Jon has been DJing since way back. Shit, Even Fat Man Scoop has been DJing since his days hanging out with Roc Raida and The XMEN. Common Knowledge for those who truly care about the music world.
DJ DisGrace 3:41 PM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:
This thread shows you how uninformed the newer generation of DJ's truly are. Lil Jon has been DJing since way back. Shit, Even Fat Man Scoop has been DJing since his days hanging out with Roc Raida and The XMEN. Common Knowledge for those who truly care about the music world.

Don't forget about Biz Markie! Uh...A one-two, uh one-two
Audio1 3:54 PM - 12 April, 2010
Biz stops by SF to DJ a few times a year.... YEAHHH BUDDY!!
Steve Dub. 6:29 PM - 12 April, 2010
N I MIX!!!!!
Manny Rize 7:20 PM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:

Common Knowledge, really?? i wasnt born in the 80s..
DJ Schematic 7:32 PM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:

alliedow.files.wordpress.com ?
Joshua Carl 8:32 PM - 12 April, 2010
I always get suspicious when a "hiphop" dj doesent have his 1200s battle style and they dont have doubles....

of course, there ARE always exceptions.
DJ TOGTFO 9:23 PM - 12 April, 2010
if you started DJing before 1985, you probably have your TT's set up disco style. No one ever complains about Kid Capri and his TT set up
Joshua Carl 9:48 PM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:
of course, there ARE always exceptions.
Logisticalstyles 10:03 PM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

All of this happened in the mid to late '90s
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:08 PM - 12 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

if he wasnt born in the 80s that would make him somewhere between 5 and 10 when this was happening, he probably wasnt doin market research on lil jons club activities at the time
Manny Rize 2:50 AM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

if he wasnt born in the 80s that would make him somewhere between 5 and 10 when this was happening, he probably wasnt doin market research on lil jons club activities at the time

yup im 16
DJ/VJ Graham 4:44 AM - 13 April, 2010
give Manny Rize a break. He is young like he said. It is however common knowledge. If I'm not mistaken, Dr Dre & Ludacris were also both DJ's prior to becoming rappers/enterpreneurs
djkermit 5:17 AM - 13 April, 2010
You guys are really missing the most inportant point here..........

i197.photobucket.com

LOL!
bill-e 5:21 AM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
give Manny Rize a break. He is young like he said. It is however common knowledge. If I'm not mistaken, Dr Dre & Ludacris were also both DJ's prior to becoming rappers/enterpreneurs

i think ludacris was a radio dj and dr dre was in the world class wreckin' cru
djkermit 5:26 AM - 13 April, 2010
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:26 AM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
if you started DJing before 1985, you probably have your TT's set up disco style. No one ever complains about Kid Capri and his TT set up

+10
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:28 AM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

Who even CARED about Lil John until 3 years ago?
bill-e 5:57 AM - 13 April, 2010

haha ice cube... "world class wack crew"
DJ GaFFle 1:18 PM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
Lil Jon was a DJ waaay before the whole crunk thing. He used to play nothing but real hip-hop at the clubs and on the radio here in Atlanta.

Did you know he produced the Dynamic Duo remix to Capelton's 'Tour'? You know the reggae song with the children's story beat? Yeah, that's Lil Jon.

He really does know how to mix. I used to listen to him and Searcy every weekend at the Warehouse, previosly known as the Phoenix. And he spun that realness on WRFG and I think WRAS, plus he also had a Reggae show at one point on V-103.

Don't get it twisted, that crunk shit is not the real Lil' john.

Lil Jon actually opened for me and my DJ mentors back around '90' for a college event when I went to Morehouse. My boy in Indianapolis still has the billboard flyer with Lil Jon's name below ours in small print... boy times have change, LoL.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:35 PM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

3 years ago??....so noone cared about lil jon until 3 years after his last album....5 years after the best album he put out??..and 3 years after he produced\featured on a shit tons ofsingles that still get play in the club....the better question is what the hell has he been doin the last 3 years that anyone cares about
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:38 PM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

3 years was 2007 right...well lets see there was

Year with the East Side Boyz
1997 Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album
2000 We Still Crunk!!
2001 Put Yo Hood Up
2002 Kings of Crunk
2003 Part II
2004 Crunk Juice

From 2003 to 2005, while still with the East Side Boyz, Lil Jon produced hits like "Salt Shaker" by Ying Yang Twins, "Yeah!" by Usher, "Freek-a-Leek" by Petey Pablo, "Shorty Wanna Ride" by Young Buck, "Shake That Monkey" by Too Short, "Let's Go" by Trick Daddy, and "Girlfight" by Brooke Valentine. Lil Jon entered the San Francisco Bay Area hyphy music scene in 2006 with his collaborations with Bay Area rapper E-40: Lil Jon produced E-40's single "Tell Me When To Go" and had E-40 and Atlanta rapper Sean P on his own "Snap Yo Fingers".

ya your right johnny boy that dude was wack until 07 wasnt he
Caramac 2:04 PM - 13 April, 2010
Lol.
DJ Benny B NYC 3:40 PM - 13 April, 2010
he started out djing and producing miami bass. he djed at clubs and strip clubs. then he got into hip hop and the whole crunk scene. I saw him dj maybe 5 years ago before his current electro phase. he played ac dc, metallica, guns and roses, etc... he is a wild guy.

he might be able to mix and stuff, but if you got 1000 people together who wanted to see lil jon "dj" and gave them a quiz on what they wanted to see him do:

play songs and mix them in a technically proficient way
perform a song
yell crazy shit and lose it

which ones do you think they would choose?
Logisticalstyles 3:43 PM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

3 years was 2007 right...well lets see there was

Year with the East Side Boyz
1997 Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album
2000 We Still Crunk!!
2001 Put Yo Hood Up
2002 Kings of Crunk
2003 Part II
2004 Crunk Juice

From 2003 to 2005, while still with the East Side Boyz, Lil Jon produced hits like "Salt Shaker" by Ying Yang Twins, "Yeah!" by Usher, "Freek-a-Leek" by Petey Pablo, "Shorty Wanna Ride" by Young Buck, "Shake That Monkey" by Too Short, "Let's Go" by Trick Daddy, and "Girlfight" by Brooke Valentine. Lil Jon entered the San Francisco Bay Area hyphy music scene in 2006 with his collaborations with Bay Area rapper E-40: Lil Jon produced E-40's single "Tell Me When To Go" and had E-40 and Atlanta rapper Sean P on his own "Snap Yo Fingers".

ya your right johnny boy that dude was wack until 07 wasnt he

You tell 'em Bezzle!
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:50 PM - 13 April, 2010
dirty dirty baby SHOW EM HOW DA SOUTH DO!!!!! LOL
freshtodeath 5:06 PM - 13 April, 2010
JD and Lil Jon were recently signed by SKAM as DJs - JD is not bad, he actually mixes and of course talks on the mic - I have yet to hear Lil Jon.
DJ RICKGEE 9:10 PM - 13 April, 2010
He got his first MPC, or SP1200 (i forget which one) from Beat Master Clay D, who did the Miami Bass classic "Boot The Booty".. I believe this was circa 1989ish..
vega 9:12 PM - 13 April, 2010
i dig lil jon. he got respect for real DJs.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:10 AM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

3 years ago??....so noone cared about lil jon until 3 years after his last album....5 years after the best album he put out??..and 3 years after he produced\featured on a shit tons ofsingles that still get play in the club....the better question is what the hell has he been doin the last 3 years that anyone cares about

Man, I (and the rest of the Tristate area NEVA heard of Lil Jon Boy, until he started carrying' goblets on BET.

Like I said...who knew?
Banana_Peter 1:13 AM - 14 April, 2010
I thought he worked at KFC before becoming a rapper?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:55 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

he was carrying goblets in like 01 so that totally goes against your "noone knew about lil jon until 3 years ago"

It probably dosent help that you and your "friends" are in your mid to late 40s and stopped paying attn to trends many moons ago LOL

Man, I (and the rest of the Tristate area NEVA heard of Lil Jon Boy, until he started carrying' goblets on BET.

Like I said...who knew?
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:59 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

Like I said...who knew?

who knew?? lets see in 02 kings of krunk came out

Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums # 2
The Billboard 200 # 14
Top Independent Albums # 1

The album's second single, "Get Low" (with the Ying Yang Twins) reached the top 5 in a composite worldwide R&B chart (compiled from US, German, French, UK and Australian R&B charts) in 2003 and internet download charts.

and heres a list of video games he appeared in Video games
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
25 To Life (cameo appearance)
Def Jam: Icon
Need for Speed: Underground "Get Low" song is featured in this game
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix

and the pre 07 movies ghe was in

2004: Soul Plane
2005: Boss'n Up
2005: Hip-Hop Honeys: Las Vegas
2006: Date Movie
2006: Scary Movie 4

ya whos heard of this local joker
DJ Schematic 3:20 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:

Those DVD's are dope as fuck!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:08 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

Like I said...who knew?

The Billboard 200 # 14

The album's second single, "Get Low" (with the Ying Yang Twins) reached the top 5 in a composite worldwide R&B chart (compiled from US, German, French, UK and Australian R&B charts) in 2003 and internet download charts.

I'm not a gamer, I was always too busy to go to the movies, and nobody in NY cared about him until Get Low came out....

end of story...
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:12 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

Like I said...who knew?

The Billboard 200 # 14

I'm not a gamer, I was always too busy to go to the movies, and nobody in NY cared about him until Get Low came out....

end of story...

and get low came out in 2003....its 2010...thats more than 3 years ago
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:13 PM - 14 April, 2010
excuse me 2002, 8 years ago
dj cubicle 9:35 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
This thread shows you how uninformed the newer generation of DJ's truly are.

This.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:37 PM - 14 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
This thread shows you how uninformed the newer generation of DJ's truly are.

This.

and johnnys doin his damnest to show there were some uninformed cats in the early generations too lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:37 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

Like I said...who knew?

The Billboard 200 # 14

end of story...

Wow, time flies...

I don't pay attention to dates anymore with Today's BS....

But yeah before GET LOW, nobody around the MECCA OF HIPHOP (NY/NJ Stand UP), knew what a Lil' Jon was...except people who worked for the Porta Potty companies...
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:58 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

Like I said...who knew?

The Billboard 200 # 14

end of story...

Wow, time flies...

But yeah before GET LOW, nobody around the MECCA OF HIPHOP (NY/NJ Stand UP), knew what a Lil' Jon was...except people who worked for the Porta Potty companies...

could it be possible that noone around NY knew about lil jon before get low because get low was on his first national album and only his 2nd produced single??

Also are you gonna tell me noone in NY listened to Bia Bia....that was in the top 5 on 106 and park and a reccurring track on the basement for most of 01 and 02...before get low jumped off
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:59 AM - 15 April, 2010
also how does a song that came out in 02 count as "todays bs"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:01 AM - 15 April, 2010
Anything after BIGGIE is "Today's BS".

And NO, Lil Jon wasn't on anybody's radar (HERE IN THE MECCA OF HIPHOP),...y'all sayin' he's been DJ'ing for YEARS and that it was "Common Knowledge"...

GTFOFH...lol.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:03 AM - 15 April, 2010
lol dude he was a local dj at the time not to mention from what ive seen\heard he djed alot of house, edm, and booty sets so i wouldnt dout the mecca of hiphop would pick up on that even if he did get big

Ludacris got his start as a radio DJ too
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:21 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:

I suppose that's "Common Knowledge" too?
DJS/R 2:36 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
nobody... knew what a Lil' Jon was...

C'mon JOHNNY Can I get a No Homo? talking about your personal nicknames in a public forum? I don't think its that kind of forum.
dj lad 3:14 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I suppose that's "Common Knowledge" too?

Uhh..... yes?
dj shadow from detroit 3:21 AM - 15 April, 2010
lil jon - did the play it at your own risk remix!
and most of so so def allstars releases.

he did alot of miami bass sounding stuff earlier in his career.dont get me wrong get low put him on a world map but he was dope before that in my opinion.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:26 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
nobody... knew what a Lil' Jon was...

C'mon JOHNNY Can I get a No Homo? talking about your personal nicknames in a public forum? I don't think its that kind of forum.

ha!

That's funny, but let me tell you about a TRUE STORY that just happened 5 minutes ago, and was tettering on creating an entire thread about it....

But now you gave me the opening I need...so here goes!

So, I go to the store to get some condoms (becuz the wife messed up her pillz), so I'm standing in line behind this couple, and low and behold, THEY'RE buying condoms too...

Except they purchased some tight azz LIFESTYLE condoms...-->>>www.condomdepot.com

So you know me.... :-)

I noisily put the Magnum XL's on the conveyor belt....--->>www.condomdepot.com

And I could see his wife lookin' at my crotch, like......WOW......

ha ha....
Swizzle 3:34 AM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
lil jon - did the play it at your own risk remix!
and most of so so def allstars releases.

he did alot of miami bass sounding stuff earlier in his career.dont get me wrong get low put him on a world map but he was dope before that in my opinion.

And if I recall, he was quietly behind the productions scenes on this familiar classic:
Ghost Town DJ's - My Boo '96

www.discogs.com
Swizzle 3:42 AM - 15 April, 2010
It's funny how some of us fail to understand that artists had to get their start somewhere. If you lived in the region or city where your >>insert favorite artist<< got his/her first start....you'd probably know a lot more than an average fan.

I know many non-black people and friends who still think Outkast's 1st single ever was Ms. Jackson in 2000 :)

It's so many examples...we would be debating for days
dj shadow from detroit 3:49 AM - 15 April, 2010
yep my boo also :)
bill-e 6:48 AM - 15 April, 2010
BlA BlA!
Marx&Villain 10:06 AM - 15 April, 2010
NY/NJ Standing UP, im gonna agree with @djjohnnym_vsl3 on this one. before get low, wasnt he an ATL local? no one in ny had heard of him....at least I hadnt...

I also didnt know that luda got his start as a radio dj... you learn something new everyday
the_black_one 10:08 AM - 15 April, 2010
why u acting like a BIA BIA!!!!!
Jay Sol 11:11 AM - 15 April, 2010
to my tristate peeps, sure you may not have heard of him, but i'm sure you heard songs or played songs that he produced or remixed. he was a force for many years before he started yelling over all the songs he made...
Booyah 12:08 PM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Common Knowledge?

AHH Dammit He's right in I think 2000 or 2001 I was Tunnel Banging HARD and they ( FunkFlex and Big Kap) did play BIA BIA every sunday followed by 4 my niggas C Murder so I started playing it too. Big Kap even endorsed the song so when I went to penthouse parties that Kap threw in manhatten that shit was bumping there too, not too mention soon after Jada and Lil Jon collabed on a track but I forgot the name of it.

Like I said...who knew?

The Billboard 200 # 14

end of story...

Wow, time flies...

Dj-M.Bezzle 12:55 PM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thisthread shows you how uninformed the newer generation of DJ's truly are. Lil Jon has been DJing since way back. Shit, Even Fat Man Scoop has been DJing since his days hanging out with Roc Raida and The XMEN. Common Knowledge for those who truly care about the music world.

Common Knowledge?

AHH Dammit He's right in I think 2000 or 2001 I was Tunnel Banging HARD and they ( FunkFlex and Big Kap) did play BIA BIA every sunday followed by 4 my niggas C Murder so I started playing it too. Big Kap even endorsed the song so when I went to penthouse parties that Kap threw in manhatten that shit was bumping there too, not too mention soon after Jada and Lil Jon collabed on a track but I forgot the name of it.

Like I said...who knew?

The Billboard 200 # 14

end of story...

Wow, time flies...

Quote:

fixed your quote for ya lol, ya bia bia had some major nation play and kinda layed the groundwork for his future work, it had that 1st person video of someone (chyna whyte) goin through the club pushin people, it had krazy bone in it too. That video got mad play on 106 and park and the basement....i think it had its fair share on MTV too.

If anyone wants some more background his father was a damn NASA engineer i forget what his mom did but they had a HUUUGE house that lil jon used to throw huge crazy partys in durring high school, he djed those partys and he made tons of connections in ATL from em. Lil Jon then began as a club DJ before the time came for him to establish a solo career in the industry when Jermaine Dupri invited him in 1993 to come work for So So Def Records and named him the executive vice president of A&R from 1993 through 2000. While working on his label duties, he added radio host into his resume, hosted a reggae show on the Atlanta radio station V103, and also remixed and produced tracks for such acclaimed artists as Too Short, Xscape, Total, Usher, 112, and Whitney Houston just to name a few.

After making a name for himself, this Atlanta, Georgia native formed Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz in 1996 alongside pals Big Sam and Lil Bo. Having party rap, bass music, and dirty south as their musical styles, the three some released their first album “Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album” on October 21, 1997 which spawned the famous Atlanta club anthem “Who U Wit?.” Album after album the trio rose to stardom and was widely known among music lovers.
Booyah 1:08 PM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thisthread shows you how uninformed the newer generation of DJ's truly are. Lil Jon has been DJing since way back. Shit, Even Fat Man Scoop has been DJing since his days hanging out with Roc Raida and The XMEN. Common Knowledge for those who truly care about the music world.

Common Knowledge?

Like I said...who knew?

The Billboard 200 # 14

end of story...

Wow, time flies...

Quote:

fixed your quote for ya lol, ya bia bia had some major nation play and kinda layed the groundwork for his future work, it had that 1st person video of someone (chyna whyte) goin through the club pushin people, it had krazy bone in it too. That video got mad play on 106 and park and the basement....i think it had its fair share on MTV too.

If anyone wants some more background his father was a damn NASA engineer i forget what his mom did but they had a HUUUGE house that lil jon used to throw huge crazy partys in durring high school, he djed those partys and he made tons of connections in ATL from em. Lil Jon then began as a club DJ before the time came for him to establish a solo career in the industry when Jermaine Dupri invited him in 1993 to come work for So So Def Records and named him the executive vice president of A&R from 1993 through 2000. While working on his label duties, he added radio host into his resume, hosted a reggae show on the Atlanta radio station V103, and also remixed and produced tracks for such acclaimed artists as Too Short, Xscape, Total, Usher, 112, and Whitney Houston just to name a few.

After making a name for himself, this Atlanta, Georgia native formed Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz in 1996 alongside pals Big Sam and Lil Bo. Having party rap, bass music, and dirty south as their musical styles, the three some released their first album “Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album” on October 21, 1997 which spawned the famous Atlanta club anthem “Who U Wit?.” Album after album the trio rose to stardom and was widely known among music lovers.

Thanks! Yeah I heard he was big on reggae too thats why he got the braids
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:13 PM - 15 April, 2010
only reason that story sticks in my head is cause ive always been awestruck that a well off son of a nasa engineer and (i think his mom was like a diplomat or something (no santana)) who got a job as one of the heads of sosodef....would end up being famous for screamins YEAHHHHH WHHHHATTTTT and OOOKKAYYYYY

Gotta love this grand country of ours lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:13 PM - 15 April, 2010
i was also suprised shynes dad was like a presidenat of a country
ninos 11:32 PM - 15 April, 2010
omg these quotes.. haha
DJ Tecniq 6:18 AM - 28 July, 2010
I already knew this, he's got a cameo in corina summertime, summertime video and dj'ing. Believe it was he that even produced it. see below @ 30 secs. I actually ripped this from my PO series. Still bang this track

Watchwww.youtube.com
JMacrosoft 4:46 PM - 28 July, 2010
Quote:

The hamptons eh? Someone is classy! lol Being an electro dj myself, I would've loved to see him drop some electro house! Color me jealous!
the_black_one 4:52 PM - 28 July, 2010
Electro is out
JMacrosoft 4:57 PM - 28 July, 2010
Good thing I spin more than one genre then huh? lol
the_black_one 5:05 PM - 28 July, 2010
Electro out,2.0 Easter egg sync button in
JMacrosoft 5:07 PM - 28 July, 2010
I find this easter egg very useful. It gives me more time to "mix". And by "mix" I mean drink copious amounts of liquor.
the_black_one 5:11 PM - 28 July, 2010
Gives me time to do shots of patron and do the Jesus pose and not use headphones and talk to girls that look like they belong in bang bros all at the same time
DeezNotes 5:11 PM - 28 July, 2010
Quote:
I already knew this, he's got a cameo in corina summertime, summertime video and dj'ing. Believe it was he that even produced it. see below @ 30 secs. I actually ripped this from my PO series. Still bang this track

Watchwww.youtube.com

@ :42 - needle is not on the record. but it's a music video, so its not like he was really spinning anyways