Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

I need FLAC support

AJAYM 6:17 AM - 8 April, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

When can we expect Serato to have FLAC SUPPORT. I own a nice sound system and MP3's are terrible. It's hard to get access to AIFF's. I have a huge FLAC collection.
FLAC FOR SERATO!!!
6:13 PM, 8 Apr 2010
Discussion moved to Scratch Live Feature Suggestions
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:13 PM - 8 April, 2010
*thread moved to Feature Suggestions*
djdsk 3:09 AM - 8 July, 2010
Please give us FLAC
VJ Justin Allen 11:31 AM - 8 July, 2010
Must we continue to make new threads about the same thing over and over again?
Evil_banana 2:49 PM - 8 July, 2010
(Not to start a FLAC Vs ALAC discussion or whatever, but just to be informative)

AJAYM, Are you aware that Serato supports ALAC? Which is the Apple Lossless Codec. It basically does the exact same thing, is as efficient, uses the same amount of space, supports basically most mp3-tags like artist, track, genre, year, disc, ARTWORK, etcetera (just like flac). Being lossless, of course the quality of sound is exactly the same. and of course it is way more practical than AIFF/WAV since it supports extended tagging uses less space.
And you can easily batch-convert all FLAC-files into ALAC format, so minimal effort required to convert your collection.

Perhaps you have specific reason to need FLAC, perhaps you didn't know SSL supports ALAC. I don't know. Just wanted to inform you about this.

If you need FLAC specifically, I suggest you add your comments to the other FLAC-threads in order to unify your effort for this request.

Cheers!
lunaros 4:21 AM - 9 October, 2010
+1 for FLAC

Serato will have signed a deal with Apple in order to use ALAC as the ALAC codec is owned by Apple. Apple wants to lock consumers into their world of closed platforms and closed codecs. Apple will have told Serato if they want to use ALAC they are not aloud to implement FLAC. They is why Serato have not said another word about FLAC since ALAC was implemented. (THEY ARE IN BED WITH APPLE)
Parabolic 5:28 AM - 9 October, 2010
FYI- ALAC does not seem to have key support in Serato. Pretty big problem for some of us hoping to move into that workflow
Evil_banana 11:00 PM - 9 October, 2010
Quote:
FYI- ALAC does not seem to have key support in Serato. Pretty big problem for some of us hoping to move into that workflow

you're right about that one. But I just have MIK put my keycodes in the comment field up front.
Preferrably it should be in a dedicated Key-field, but I'm not going to wait until that is supported to start using lossless.
Weblee 9:44 AM - 13 March, 2011
Please add .FLAC support now.