DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

My Technics 1210mk2 got the shakes.

farrell 6:05 PM - 1 April, 2010
My Technics 1210mk2 got the shakes not suitable for mixing any more which deck would you guys recommend I really like the Denon 3700, looking for that same feel as techs.
RogerRabbit 7:43 PM - 1 April, 2010
Stanton str8 150
the_black_one 7:46 PM - 1 April, 2010
Quote:
My Technics 1210mk2 got the shakes not suitable for mixing any more which deck would you guys recommend I really like the Denon 3700, looking for that same feel as techs.

another set of 1210's
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:38 PM - 1 April, 2010
Quote:

you can fix it.

what part is shaking? platter or tonearm

I dropped one of mine and bent the tonearm, warped the platter, and broke the spindle. I was able to get all parts on ebay for less than $100 and fix myself.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:39 PM - 1 April, 2010
if you need help, holler. I'll be making some videos when I'm all done, painting it right now and I've been help up by rain for about 2 weeks.
farrell 9:12 PM - 1 April, 2010
Was de scene Dub Cowboy,

Ras the Tonearm skips like crazy I changed it and now the problem is back plus I changed the pitch three times buying parts from ebay so I am a bit tired of opening it.

Thats why I was thinking of going the Denon route no drama, don't mind if it never gets native support either.

It's just a cool scene nah.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:15 PM - 1 April, 2010
understand... my guess is it's your spindle or platter

the 3700s are sweet though

IMO one of the best alternatives
farrell 4:43 PM - 2 April, 2010
Cant leave my Techs behind, I went and bought parts today am I insane?
terrible1fi 4:46 PM - 2 April, 2010
Quote:
Cant leave my Techs behind, I went and bought parts today am I insane?

no you're not. get them fixed! nothing beats the feel of a real turntable
DJNickSaunders 4:54 PM - 2 April, 2010
I have two pairs of 1210Mk2, my giging pair where purchased second hand in 1992, They've had new 1 new tone arm each and 2x pitch faders each, and too many target lights to mention. They look battered but they work like a dream!

The other pair are 3 years old and are set up for practice at home.
farrell 9:31 PM - 2 April, 2010
Thanks guys I needed that cheers.
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:58 PM - 2 April, 2010
nice.

I just a wrote a lengthy letter to the GM of my radio station to ask if I could rebuild the janky decks in the on air booth.
farrell 2:29 AM - 3 April, 2010
Yeah man go for it, it's a challenge but in the end when they are painted and parts are replaced it's like new.

I got the complete tonearm for £42 from a Dj store and I couldn't help myself and picked some clear serato vinyls, I am an addict man.

Next thing looking into is the s120 for that price they must have something special.
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:41 AM - 3 April, 2010
yeah, a Serato logo

:-)
the_black_one 3:49 AM - 3 April, 2010
Quote:
Yeah man go for it, it's a challenge but in the end when they are painted and parts are replaced it's like new.

I got the complete tonearm for £42 from a Dj store and I couldn't help myself and picked some clear serato vinyls, I am an addict man.

Next thing looking into is the s120 for that price they must have something special.

dont be a fool!
farrell 1:03 PM - 3 April, 2010
Nah man you can't look at it that way, if someone said to you 10 years ago that a black box would revolutionize Djing so that you don't having to carry all your records would you have believed them?

So if they change something like that and now they have a needle I think in all fairness
I will at least try it, I know it's steep to ask in a recession but I never thought I would be using something that was created 1971 in 2010.

It's Serato they keep a tight lid on things. Technology is king right now its interesting!
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:26 PM - 3 April, 2010
probably withdrawl symptoms from what ever genere you havent beeen playing on them in a while :)
Dj Farhan 1:49 AM - 5 April, 2010
Quote:

www.serato.com