DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Traktor, Pioneer CDJ-2000's/900's, no audio interface needed

VJ Justin Allen 3:41 PM - 31 March, 2010
This was an interesting article

www.skratchworx.com

I didn't know that Traktor software could be used without the Traktor audio interface unit.
BriChi 4:26 PM - 31 March, 2010
yup, I have tested it already with the free demo (1.2.4 I believe), Just run the wizard to connect the 900's/2000's and ur good to go, No need for a dongle or interface. I wish Serato would do the same, So many less wires in my coffin :(
BriChi 4:28 PM - 31 March, 2010
I do agree with the first poster over there though, Traktor still sux, LOL
Black Science 5:21 PM - 31 March, 2010
I certainly hope Serato is in negotiations with Pioneer on this and will soon be offering an equal to this puzzle so that SL and ITCH will be able to do the same. Perhaps a USB dongle for legitimate/verified owners of SL1/SL3. Without one, this is potentially a big one up on Serato in all the booths that are already setup with CDJs and have cables secured/concealed.
C. William 7:22 PM - 31 March, 2010
Interesting indeed. HID control + not having a rats nest of wires is an attractive option.
djtate 12:32 AM - 1 April, 2010
well if we can still plug in the box and use it as a dongle without having to wire up RCA so the software route the audio thru the decks will be grand..
BriChi 12:53 AM - 1 April, 2010
that would be cool too, Just use the box as the dongle, No rca's needed
2Cuchi 12:56 AM - 1 April, 2010
F**Traktor!!!
DJNickSaunders 7:49 AM - 1 April, 2010
I tried this on the CJ-400 with Tracktor, and couldnt do with the Latency.
Henry GQ 7:57 AM - 1 April, 2010
i think pioneer hates serato/rane.

i mean Rane is the the biggest competitor to pioneer in the mixer field. and now with the rane 68. it will certainly hurt pioneers mixers.

u have the top dvs system, which is Scratch.. who belongs to Rane.

serato has hurt [ioneer cd players, everyone went back to using 1200s after serato was released and basically people were like fuck using cdjs. why???!!! we can use 1200s again!!

so i dont think pioneer likes rane. or am i wrong!? LOL

conspiracy theories!
DJNickSaunders 9:10 AM - 1 April, 2010
Quote:

serato has hurt [ioneer cd players, everyone went back to using 1200s after serato was released and basically people were like fuck using cdjs. why???!!! we can use 1200s again!!

+1 on This, I was a real Pioneer Fanboy I owned CDj500, CDj700, CD1000, Cdj400's, I actuall purchased SSL to work with CDJ400's . I gave the SL1200's a go and never looked back. The CDj400's Never get used now!
TGK 10:25 AM - 1 April, 2010
Scratch live is the ultimate DVS. Aleady won the turntablist & now forcusing house DJs. RANE will enter the club again with 68. can remember I used to play with RANE mp24. you cannot get that sound Quality with DJM 800.
BriChi 1:40 PM - 1 April, 2010
competition is good for all of us because each company has to out-do each other which in return leaves us with cool shit to buy :)

I think as much as Serato is now going after the house dj's, So is Pioneer. Having the 900/2000 in clubs makes it great for a dj who has there set songs they are going to play for the night, Throw them on 1 or 2 flash drives, show up to the club and pop them in, No more setting up serato and cables all over and trying to do gymnastic tricks around the current dj to get you stuff setup so you can switch over.

The 68 however will make that great to, just show up with serato, plug in the laptop and you're good to go. I think a club with a 68, 2 tt's and 2 2000's would be a perfect setup to accommodate everyone
Henry GQ 6:06 PM - 1 April, 2010
put it this way... i think pioneer owns europe and serato/rane own usa. and rane wants to cut into the euro market
Henry GQ 6:08 PM - 1 April, 2010
i also think that with the 68, its over for pioneer to step into usa. rane will have the usa on lock. and its only looking better for rane gettin more clients in euro
djtate 2:40 PM - 2 April, 2010
wow is rane that big in the US, over here i only see allen and heath or a pioneer in the booths (london)
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:48 PM - 2 April, 2010
Quote:
wow is rane that big in the US, over here i only see allen and heath or a pioneer in the booths (london)

i dont think their as big as its being made to seem.....i had never even heard of rane till the 57 got big and the only people i knew who ever got that were guys who had to have it to do video.....not saying ranes not huge just sayin from my travels in the southeast pioneers been the dominant equipment maker
the_black_one 4:33 PM - 2 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i dont think their as big as its being made to seem.....i had never even heard of rane till the 57 got big and the only people i knew who ever got that were guys who had to have it to do video.....not saying ranes not huge just sayin from my travels in the southeast pioneers been the dominant equipment maker

bezzle..... let me brake it down for you! the standard in mixers for a long time has been rane has been the standard with such mixers as this www.music-systems.com and this www.idjnow.com then pioneer came in to the biz and dropped their crap line of mixers djm xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx. so before pioneer there was and continues to be rane
terrible1fi 4:44 PM - 2 April, 2010
pretty sure most hip hop/open format clubs have ttm's, at least on the west coast
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:46 PM - 2 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

bezzle..... let me brake it down for you! the standard in mixers for a long time has been rane has been the standard with such mixers as this www.music-systems.com and this www.idjnow.com then pioneer came in to the biz and dropped their crap line of mixers djm xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx. so before pioneer there was and continues to be rane

i never said rane was an upstart company struggling to put their 1st mixer on the market, im just saying overall i think pioneers "crap" line of mixers holds a bigger share of the US market for the last 10 to 20 years. Also as stated i can only speak from my personal experience so for all i know every club\dj\kareoke\bedroom ect in canada may have had a rane mixer, but in the clubs ive been too throughout La, Ms,Al,Ga,Fl,Ak...and all the big name DJ ryders ive seen (excluding AM with the 57) the pioneer DJM line has been what ive been seeing, especially in club install systems
VJ Justin Allen 4:47 PM - 2 April, 2010
Actually before Rane there was Urei mixers....and they were the club standard.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:48 PM - 2 April, 2010
Quote:
pretty sure most hip hop/open format clubs have ttm's, at least on the west coast

id be willing to bet your correct, the 57 is the IT mixer of the moment especially with the hip-hop scratch community
Henry GQ 8:42 PM - 2 April, 2010
rane ruled club land for the the late 80s to early 2000s. maybe not in a one horse town. but..
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:48 PM - 2 April, 2010
Quote:
rane ruled club land for the the late 80s to early 2000s. maybe not in a one horse town. but..

i meantioned several states in my observations, granted i currently ggi in a one horse town but ive partied in all the big spots in the south east and its been pretty almost universally pioneer mixers
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:49 PM - 2 April, 2010
this experience covers 95 and up till the 57 was required to do video\was the best avaliable midi controller for sl
Henry GQ 9:52 PM - 2 April, 2010
bezzle u say ur a newbie, but kick into high gear when it comes to other shit... whats the deal ?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:57 PM - 2 April, 2010
Quote:
bezzle u say ur a newbie, but kick into high gear when it comes to other shit... whats the deal ?

im a man of mystery lol
Henry GQ 10:32 PM - 2 April, 2010
a MAN? wtf.. i thought u were a CHICK the whole time ??
the_black_one 12:35 AM - 3 April, 2010
Quote:
a MAN? wtf.. i thought u were a CHICK the whole time ??

hood rat maybe?
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:56 AM - 4 April, 2010
Quote:
Scratch live is the ultimate DVS. Aleady won the turntablist & now forcusing house DJs. RANE will enter the club again with 68. can remember I used to play with RANE mp24. you cannot get that sound Quality with DJM 800.

Well according to this source VDJ is now on the top of the food chain

www.djforums.com
DJ Jonasty 3:57 AM - 4 April, 2010
It's cool the CDJ's can use a dvs without an interface, but honestly, Traktor HID with the CDJ2k is not very good. Defeats the purpose of having a badass cdj in the first place. The CDJ 400 w/ Serato is night and day about TP and the 2K. btw, the 400's don't need an interface either.
Henry GQ 7:15 AM - 4 April, 2010
i would love to see one pro dj that uses vdj. LOL
nik39 2:18 PM - 4 April, 2010
Traktor Pro != Traktor Scratch Pro
VJ Justin Allen 2:40 PM - 4 April, 2010
Quote:
It's cool the CDJ's can use a dvs without an interface, but honestly, Traktor HID with the CDJ2k is not very good. Defeats the purpose of having a badass cdj in the first place. The CDJ 400 w/ Serato is night and day about TP and the 2K. btw, the 400's don't need an interface either.

I am interested in seeing some ScratchLive support announced for the CDJ-350. It's a better looking player as well as having a bit more control options.
Millz 2:56 PM - 4 April, 2010
dont hold ur breath. sigh
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:37 PM - 6 April, 2010
Quote:

lol its like having a brand new CDJ that has a feature that lets you play cassettes
Rane, Support
Chad S. 3:59 PM - 7 April, 2010
I call april fools. I don't see anything official on either companies website.
BriChi 4:13 PM - 7 April, 2010
Quote:
I call april fools. I don't see anything official on either companies website.

on what, Traktor's 2000 support? It does have it, I downloaded the 1.2.5 demo and it links right up to the cdj's, no interface needed, the 2000's are the controller and the soundcard. Latency sucks though in it so I wouldn't use, No way you can scratch on point
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:14 PM - 7 April, 2010
wait, what?
BriChi 4:17 PM - 7 April, 2010
LOL,,, what do you need to know Chad?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:19 PM - 7 April, 2010
at least it doesn't work right. lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:21 PM - 7 April, 2010
lmfao
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:23 PM - 7 April, 2010
it hurts
VJ Justin Allen 4:27 PM - 7 April, 2010
Chad's not been going to the meetings again it seems like :)
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:47 PM - 7 April, 2010
I believe it as much as you do that there are 5 new easter eggs in 2.0
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:49 PM - 7 April, 2010
Quote:
I believe it as much as you do that there are 5 new easter eggs in 2.0

Which egg did you gusy remove??
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:11 PM - 7 April, 2010
Starship troopers #6 effect. back to good ol space invaders #3. E.T. made it back in though. ET found home.