Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

WAV File Album Art

Bob Gnarly 4:59 PM - 28 March, 2010
Is there any way we can get album art for wav files? The artwork could be stored in a folder in the Scratch Library instead of in metadata. This would be awesome.
welly 6:32 AM - 31 March, 2010
I pushed for this over a year ago, but nothing! Had to resort to converting my whole collection to 320kbps MP3 so I could add album art to the files :-(
Evil_banana 10:57 AM - 31 March, 2010
Quote:
I pushed for this over a year ago, but nothing! Had to resort to converting my whole collection to 320kbps MP3 so I could add album art to the files :-(

Why not convert it to ALAC? You'll have all the artwork and tagging of mp3, lossless quality of WAV and still a compression rate or approx 1:2
Konix 12:46 PM - 31 March, 2010
In case you haven't heard, you can embed album art into wav files in SSL 2.0.
Bob Gnarly 9:49 PM - 31 March, 2010
Ohh so you can... I was dropping onto the wrong spot. Thanks
Bob Gnarly 3:31 AM - 2 April, 2010
And you can't write to a track that is loaded. Also serato seems think some of the files have been corrupted(?) I get a little lightning bolt and a message "this WAV file is incomplete" however everything seems to play fine.
Dj.Mojo 12:25 PM - 8 April, 2010
Quote:
In case you haven't heard, you can embed album art into wav files in SSL 2.0.

AWSOME!!!

What about Apple lossless (ALAC)?
Evil_banana 12:44 PM - 8 April, 2010
Quote:
What about Apple lossless (ALAC)?

Supports album art and extensive ID3 tagging as well
Dj.Mojo 12:45 PM - 8 April, 2010
that rocks!
bartmixer 12:39 AM - 13 April, 2010
Just an easier way, try this...

Convert your WAVs files into AiFFs (for example on iTunes, and it's really fast), you don't loose quality and then you can also put your pictures or Album art into your new AIFF files. ;-)
pueblofunky 3:47 PM - 13 April, 2010
Quote:
Also serato seems think some of the files have been corrupted(?) I get a little lightning bolt and a message "this WAV file is incomplete" however everything seems to play fine.

Do the WAV files have an odd number of bytes? If yes, the WAV file is corrupt but maybe not before the sound data could be found.

You could try Tag & Rename 3.5.5 and remove all ID3 tags from the corrupt WAV files - but be careful & test it with a file! You could also try to open it in Wavelab or Sony Sound Forge then. Wavelab 5 can not open files with an odd number (maybe your repair it with Tag & Rename before but if all didn't work - but equal number of bytes - open it with Wavelab and save it again - only standard WAV sub chuncks are written back.

Maybe this helps - try some things - but test it in a test directory!