DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer LOLOLOLOLOL (i.e. FU)

kryptonitednb 11:39 PM - 24 March, 2010
So I have been a loyal Pioneer customer for years. I have owned:

DJM500
DJM600
DJM800
CDJ400
HDJ1000
HDJ2000

I am probably missing something in there somewhere. Long story short, I bet I have spent no less than $6k on their equipment.

The other day my 1/8" to 1/4" adapter broke on my HDJ2000 headphones. I call them to buy a replacement one. Guess how much they want for it.

Wait for it, this is good . . . . . .

FOURTY SIX MOTHER F'ING DOLLARS. That is $46. Not $4.60. Oh, and shipping is $12 for something that weighs about an ounce.

So FIFTY EIGHT DOLLARS for a $1 adapter. I was willing to pay $10 - $12, but this is just ludicrous. They want 1/5 of the cost of the total headphones. I am not talking the mini xlr, just the screw on adapter.

What the frick!!
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:56 AM - 25 March, 2010
da mn!
kryptonitednb 2:06 AM - 25 March, 2010
Yeah. Jokes.
latindj 2:21 AM - 25 March, 2010
go to radio shack and get it for $5.99

www.radioshack.com

and tell pioneer to suck it...
kryptonitednb 2:24 AM - 25 March, 2010
Thanks bro =)

I have some of those, but apparently the screw on variety add about 50 bucks to the price lol
latindj 2:28 AM - 25 March, 2010
in that case, buy one of these from radio shack. then buy a new pair of hdj2000's (or 1000's) doesn't matter. replace said adapter with the one from radio shack, or one you already have, and promptly return....

now who's fucking who?

:P
RogerRabbit 2:35 AM - 25 March, 2010
The epiphany of a fanboy.
Konix 2:42 AM - 25 March, 2010
$9.99... stores.channeladvisor.com

AKG also make a mini-xlr cord also that works with the HDJ-2000s, $29.95... store.daleproaudio.com (Pio wants over $100 for their cord).
kryptonitednb 3:18 AM - 25 March, 2010
That's actually the one I ordered Konix! Thanks for the link on the cord.
kryptonitednb 3:18 AM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
The epiphany of a fanboy.

Haha!
Laz219 9:47 AM - 25 March, 2010
You actually tryed to order the adapter from Pioneer? I can't see any reason to bother.

But yeh, that price is pretty crazy, especially considering I'm sure they don't manufacture them. They'd just buy them cheap from somewhere else and add in.
SiRocket 9:52 AM - 25 March, 2010
yea, wack....
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:00 PM - 25 March, 2010
you should voice your opinions on the pioneer forums and see how far you get.
DJ McKay 2:13 PM - 25 March, 2010
you dont have an extra one from past headphones ?
Dj.Mojo 2:32 PM - 25 March, 2010
that shit is CRAZY.
Quote:
in that case, buy one of these from radio shack. then buy a new pair of hdj2000's (or 1000's) doesn't matter. replace said adapter with the one from radio shack, or one you already have, and promptly return....

now who's fucking who?

:P

Friend of mine has a reloop controller similar to this one:
www.skratchworx.com

the button started to malfunction so he went to a store, got another one, exchanged basepaltes since his was really scratched up, and returned it to the store... I was like WTF!
I wouldn´t be audacious enough.
latindj 5:58 PM - 25 March, 2010
we used to do that with video games all the time. you know how they have a policy where you can't return it once you open it? well, if the game sucked, we'd return it to the same store and tell them it was defective. they would only exchange it for a new one of the same title....so we'd walk out of that store with a new one still in the wrapper and go return it at a different store...problem solved.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:27 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
we used to do that with video games all the time. you know how they have a policy where you can't return it once you open it? well, if the game sucked, we'd return it to the same store and tell them it was defective. they would only exchange it for a new one of the same title....so we'd walk out of that store with a new one still in the wrapper and go return it at a different store...problem solved.

works great at best buy
seven2wo 6:37 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:

i did that at target and got owned!
i told them it was defective and they exchanged it for a different copy then they OPENED it right there! haha
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:40 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i did that at target and got owned!
i told them it was defective and they exchanged it for a different copy then they OPENED it right there! haha

thats why you go to walmart, if they open it there you BITCH, say whatever you want because walmarts custoemr service policy is in the end the customer is always right.
Dj BuddyLove 7:47 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
go to radio shack and get it for $5.99

www.radioshack.com

and tell pioneer to suck it...

+1
Dj BuddyLove 7:49 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
you should voice your opinions on the pioneer forums and see how far you get.

uh Ohhh,,

wait's for Pulse.

Ha!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:52 PM - 25 March, 2010
lol!
skinnyguy 7:59 PM - 25 March, 2010
pioneer tax