DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The Bridge

DJ James 1:02 AM - 18 March, 2010
I heard on the forum bridge was to be released Wednesday or Was someone smoking something
Turn Table Tennis 1:14 AM - 18 March, 2010
lol
DJROBsf1 5:11 AM - 18 March, 2010
The bridge should be cool that's what i am really waiting for.

After the bridge is out i might take another two year vacation from the site.
Dainja 8:53 AM - 18 March, 2010
Yeah it's been very quiet about the bridge lately so I guess it will not be ready for release in the coming weeks. Is there even a private beta for it?
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:12 AM - 18 March, 2010
if there is its private and you wont know
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:33 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
I heard on the forum bridge was to be released Wednesday or Was someone smoking something

its next tuesday not wednesday....oops
DJ James 3:56 PM - 18 March, 2010
Ok we got another one
Tuesday Now of what Month Year ,etc, you tell me lolololol
DJ James 3:58 PM - 18 March, 2010
Is it being released as a Public Beta First and then because we all know Private tesing is done first
And it will not be Apart of SL 2.0 i have heard it will be in 2.1
Or have i heard wrong
Cid K 4:05 PM - 18 March, 2010
Bridge is a long way before it get's released, i wonder where you guys saw that!

Unless a MOD says so, i wouldnt beleive anything else.
djdannyd 4:13 PM - 18 March, 2010
yes, it will be a part of a 2.1 release (mod said so). My guess would be soon.
Cid K 4:15 PM - 18 March, 2010
Yeah ive heard 2.1 also, but the release for "next week" like stated in this thread is BS if you ask me.
djdannyd 4:24 PM - 18 March, 2010
Due to some fuck head's actions on the leaked 2.0 when it was still a private invite, we may not even have a private invite for the bridge or the list will be extremly short and wisely selected.
Cid K 4:25 PM - 18 March, 2010
Exactly!
DJ James 4:32 PM - 18 March, 2010
I was invited before for testing and other dj i know had versions i was testing but i did not say i was testing but they told me they got it from someone that was testing i told the person if they were using beta versions it was not a good thing because of bugs and what do you think happens crash

But yes smaller list for invites is good
DJ James 4:33 PM - 18 March, 2010
I have found crap on facebook i was like what is with these guys
diego vega 8:31 PM - 18 March, 2010
Unfortunately there's bad news because I think with the stability problems that Ableton Live 8.1.1 is having (check their forums, almost EVERYBODY is having constant crashes including myself) The Bridge is even further away since I bet Serato won't jeopardize their reputation and image because of Ableton crashing all the time. :(

It's sad because Ableton used to work perfectly, but now I don't know what's going on.
Cid K 9:11 PM - 18 March, 2010
Wierd cause Ableton works fine for me, i use it almost every day.
diego vega 11:23 PM - 18 March, 2010
Are you using 8.1.1 ? Previous Live 8 versions worked much better, but this latest version SUCKS! AND they introduced a new file format with this latest version, which is not compatible with previous versions of 8, so if you have work on 8.1.1 you cant go back to previous versions such as 8.0.x

official ableton response to live 8 crashes:
forum.ableton.com

"Dear Ableton users,

Some of you have experienced and reported problems with Live 8 several months ago that we have still failed to fix. This is both painful and necessary for us to discuss. We owe you sincere apologies, as well as an explanation and outlook for the future.

Ableton values quality over innovation. Our engineers will stop whatever they are doing to fix a bug when they become aware of it. They must, however, rely on a process that prepares the incoming information and funnels it to them appropriately. Establishing and maintaining this process is the responsibility of management -- particularly us, Bernd and Gerhard -- and this is where things have gone wrong while we let our attention divert to ambitious new projects.

Our apologies also extend to both the Ableton developers and tech support colleagues because they want to be proud of software and service that users love.

We have now decided to:

* suspend all development towards new features while the whole team joins forces to address the current issues. This effort is open ended and will result in a free Live 8 update;
* make process changes to prevent similar situations from happening in the future.

We hope this plan finds your understanding and agreement. We'd like to wish you a very happy holiday season and a wonderful 2010!

Gerhard Behles, CEO
Bernd Roggendorf, CTO"

some random threads look:
www.mnml.nl
forum.ableton.com

etc...
DJ'Que 11:34 PM - 18 March, 2010
its a long ways off.I would say.
BERTO 11:37 PM - 18 March, 2010
im not sure about spending the money on ableton just to have the bridge....
Cid K 1:28 AM - 19 March, 2010
Yeah am using live 8.1 for all my production stuff, and am beta testing the 8.1.x.
djdannyd 4:57 AM - 19 March, 2010
8.1 here and no issues at all!!!! Bring on the bridge!
DJROBsf1 6:55 AM - 19 March, 2010
8.1 right here,And to add to the arsenal, A brand new iMac 27" with mac OS 10.6 the new Snow Leopard. With 4GB DDR3SD RAM and 1TB SERIL ATA HARD DRIVE.
OH YEA , AND A MAC BOOK PRO OS 10.6 13.3" with Snow Leopard 4GB DDR3SD RAM
1TB SERL ATA HARDRIVE
i am ready for the bridge
Evin Kepik 6:58 AM - 19 March, 2010
I am using 8.1.1 and I have not had Ableton crash on me at all. Been using it since mid January.
DJROBsf1 5:44 PM - 19 March, 2010
To be honest i am just hanging around here for the bridge.

I'll even take a beta version at this point.

if you want to get rid of me give me a beta version of the bridge and i will go away

I dusted off my sl1 box and brought it out of retirement just for the bridge.
DJ James 6:34 PM - 19 March, 2010
Give Us Beta Give Us Beta Give Us Beta Give Us Beta Give Us Beta

Yes this is are demands

Give Us beta lolololololol
djdannyd 6:39 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Give Us Beta Give Us Beta Give Us Beta Give Us Beta Give Us Beta

Yes this is are demands

Give Us beta lolololololol

Quote:
Due to some fuck head's actions on the leaked 2.0 when it was still a private invite, we may not even have a private invite for the bridge or the list will be extremly short and wisely selected.

I'm sure they are going to be very careful this time who they invite this time around, so they won't have a leaked copy all over the internet
Drapol1 6:52 PM - 19 March, 2010
Let them finish their job!! Imagine you're at work and you gotta job to do and your boss is asking you every 5 minutes "Is is ready?" . I would be pissed as fuck. Let them finish it.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:21 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
To be honest i am just hanging around here for the bridge.

I'll even take a beta version at this point.

if you want to get rid of me give me a beta version of the bridge and i will go away

I dusted off my sl1 box and brought it out of retirement just for the bridge.

www.virginia.edu
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:22 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Let them finish their job!! Imagine you're at work and you gotta job to do and your boss is asking you every 5 minutes "Is is ready?" . I would be pissed as fuck. Let them finish it.

considering the reason i was behind is cause im posting on here wasting time, that dosent make for a great example in their favor
BREAKFADER 11:28 PM - 25 March, 2010
Whats wrong where not giving up over here are we.
BREAKFADER 2:13 AM - 1 April, 2010
here's a good one are we still gonna have to use two interfaces. or are they gonna work with something like we have with the sampler. if not mixing is gonna be a must. also what about cueing,i still like to cue in ableton even though everything is preset. i use the 57 pgm 3&4 coming straight out of the firebox phones jack with the Y cable to each channel on the 57. never know where you might end up. main out depends on how i'm feeling that day.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:57 AM - 1 April, 2010
Right from the horsey's mouth......

Quote:
official ableton response to Scratch/Itch Live 8 Seratoe Bridge Release:
forum.ableton.com

"Dear Ableton/Seratoe users,

Some of you have experienced and reported problems with Live 8 Seratoe Bridge Release several months ago that we have still failed to fix. This is both painful and necessary for us to discuss. We owe you sincere apologies, as well as an explanation and outlook for the future.

Ableton values quality over innovation. Our engineers will stop whatever they are doing to fix a bug when they become aware of it. They must, however, rely on a process that prepares the incoming information and funnels it to them appropriately. Establishing and maintaining this process is the responsibility of management -- particularly us, Bernd and Gerhard -- and this is where things have gone wrong while we let our attention divert to ambitious new projects.

Our apologies also extend to both the Ableton & Seratoe Bridge developers and tech support colleagues because they want to be proud of software and service that users love.

We have now decided to:

* suspend all development towards new features while the whole team joins forces to address the current issues. This effort is open ended and will result in a free Live 8 Seratoe Bridge update;
* make process changes to prevent similar situations from happening in the future.

We hope this plan finds your understanding and agreement. We'd like to wish you a very happy holiday season and a wonderful 2011!

Gerhard Behles, CLEO
Bernd Roggendorf, GTO"

some random threads locks:
www.mnml.nl
forum.ableton.com

etc...
BREAKFADER 7:40 AM - 1 April, 2010
yeah that's old i seen that already. i say use one computer to go online and one just for music. all this posting and sending files straight from these programs are for the birds. o and don't make me start about all this upgrade crap. since Beyonce came out with that song people went crazy. processing speed,memory.os, damn i'm through. just let me beta test the thing.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:31 PM - 1 April, 2010
did you just bitch about upgrading then ask for the beta upgrade??
BREAKFADER 7:48 AM - 4 April, 2010
Quote:
did you just bitch about upgrading then ask for the beta upgrade??

ummmm no. i did at first thinking that the bridge was gonna be in 2.0 like every body else. But here's another insight what about syncing 2 laptops with the bridge. like im running ableton and my man is running serato. but im keeping the master sync or vise or verser
BREAKFADER 7:51 AM - 4 April, 2010
from what i see ya gonna still have too use two interfaces. one for ableton and what ever your setup is for serato
BREAKFADER 3:35 PM - 16 April, 2010
i can taste it coming
djdannyd 3:36 PM - 16 April, 2010
Quote:
i can taste it coming

no comment....
BREAKFADER 3:38 PM - 16 April, 2010
:D
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:23 PM - 16 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
i can taste it cuming

no comment....

lol no misquote
DJFroggy 8:44 PM - 17 April, 2010
So is there any newer updated estimate as to the release date of the bridge? I'm so tired of hearing it will be next week....then next week......then etc etc.

Does anyone know any real answers? This is one of the things I hate the most. It's gone way past suspense building.......now it just pisses me off lol
Nicky Blunt 9:19 PM - 17 April, 2010
Did U read any of this thread @ all?
Cid K 9:28 PM - 17 April, 2010
No one ever said it would be next week.

The only thing Serato has confirmed is that The Bridge will be in version 2.1 os Scratch Live!

As for the Bridge in Itch, nothing been confirmed about a release build. It will make it to Itch, more information will come in the time being!
DJFroggy 10:00 PM - 17 April, 2010
Yea I scanned thru it.......but I'm too busy to read thru everything unless it's titled....THE BRIDGE IS HERE or THE BRIDGE RELEASE DATE is......lol. They would be retarded not to make it work with Itch rather than just SL but whatever I never understand this crap. Marketing, PR, BS! lol
DJFroggy 10:00 PM - 17 April, 2010
And I never said it would be next week........that was just a hypothetical.
illkid 11:43 AM - 18 April, 2010
the bridge is over!
BREAKFADER 6:49 PM - 18 April, 2010
London bridge is falling down falling down,falling down.
Nicky Blunt 6:57 PM - 18 April, 2010
better not be, or my route home is fucked!!!
Maskrider 6:57 PM - 18 April, 2010
Ssl 2.1 beta have not started yet so give it another 3 months.
BREAKFADER 10:00 PM - 18 April, 2010
third quarter what i heard awhile back
djdannyd 2:35 AM - 23 April, 2010
Ableton 8.1.3 just released.....wonder if that means something? lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:44 PM - 23 April, 2010
possible
Cid K 1:55 PM - 23 April, 2010
Doesnt mean anything in particular for Serato, on the other hand go read this:

forum.ableton.com

And this:

forum.ableton.com

Cheers
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:57 PM - 23 April, 2010
Quote:
Doesnt mean anything in particular for Serato, on the other hand go read this:

forum.ableton.com

And this:

forum.ableton.com

Cheers

it kinda does since its the errors in ableton that are holdin up the bridge

I think whats important to note about the link you posted it this

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:17 pm

todays date being April 23 2010
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:58 PM - 23 April, 2010
bridge should be right around the corner guys so i got one question for ya

WHERE CAN I GET THE DL TO THE BRIDGE BETA LOL
Cid K 2:03 PM - 23 April, 2010
READ the whole post silly....

Ableton's developers have been busy improving quality over the last three months and we have released the latest result of this ongoing effort, Live 8.1.3.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:04 PM - 23 April, 2010
Quote:
READ the whole post silly....

Ableton's developers have been busy improving quality over the last three months and we have released the latest result of this ongoing effort, Live 8.1.3.

oh lol woops...its stilla s tep towards the bridge
BREAKFADER 3:07 AM - 26 May, 2010
djdannyd 7:09 PM - 27 May, 2010
Hope the recent earhquake near New Zealand does not delay "The Bridge" - Hope you guys are doing well. Surf's up!!

earthquake.usgs.gov
news.yahoo.com
djcrap 1:15 AM - 28 May, 2010
Quote:
Hope the recent earhquake near New Zealand does not delay "The Bridge" - Hope you guys are doing well. Surf's up!!

earthquake.usgs.gov
news.yahoo.com

naaaaaaah that earthquake is just gonna break the bridge hope on serato employees are on it when the bridge breaks
BREAKFADER 4:27 AM - 28 May, 2010
naaaaaaah that earthquake is just gonna break the bridge hope on serato employees are on it when the bridge breaks

thats not right