DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What do you think of Mr Cee's technique?

DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:41 PM - 17 March, 2010
Watchwww.youtube.com

Im not gonna lie. Mr. Cee had everybody gettin hyped up. I would be goin crazy on those east coast bangers in there. It would be hard to get in the flow though.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:58 PM - 17 March, 2010
shit was dope but i couldnt deal with a whole night of it
Caramac 10:14 PM - 17 March, 2010
I saw Mr Cee once and it was pretty much like this. I prefer his old mixtapes if I'm being honest.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 10:16 PM - 17 March, 2010
Quote:
I saw Mr Cee once and it was pretty much like this. I prefer his old mixtapes if I'm being honest.

I can see doin a 20 or 30 min set like that, but the whole time? I know he can blend a couple tracks together.
djdalite 11:13 PM - 17 March, 2010
looks like cock fest 2010

deff couldnt handle that all night, maybe 10 mins or so
the_black_one 11:21 PM - 17 March, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Im not gonna lie. Mr. Cee had everybody gettin hyped up. I would be goin crazy on those east coast bangers in there. It would be hard to get in the flow though.

not feeling it at all!! terrible
R-Tistic 11:24 PM - 17 March, 2010
It's a regional thing, Florida is similar but with hella sped up music
R-Tistic 11:26 PM - 17 March, 2010
What's the name of the songs after "Dipset anthem"
the_black_one 11:26 PM - 17 March, 2010
le the music do the talking.... no matter what genre!!!!!!
DJ CISC0 12:20 AM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
What's the name of the songs after "Dipset anthem"

Birdgang Money -Jim Jones
Watchwww.youtube.com

A lot of NY hiphop DJs spin like that. It will only work if your crowd is into that style though. I personally wouldn't be able to stand it for more than 15 mins but thats just me. I've seen crowds rock out to this style all night too without a problem.
DJ CISC0 12:22 AM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
le the music do the talking.... no matter what genre!!!!!!
I agree but have you ever seen or been to an all reggae party?
supaxcite 1:08 AM - 18 March, 2010
just to put two cents in i am one of those ny dj.many times i have played alongside cee and others.To let you know that is the norm out here depends on what type of spot your at.If you dont have a good speech game it dont matter how u play,you can drop songs in all night and people dont care.Now dont get it twisted me and alot others can blend mix or whatever but the people dont realy care for it.If you can tell them to put there f***ing hands up and keep them up without even playing a song yet and they listen you got a gig
RogerRabbit 1:20 AM - 18 March, 2010
This is not mr cee's techinique. This style has been used by dancehall sound sytems for years. Mr Cee just borrowed it.

Techinique:
1.Say something slick on the mic
2.Bring in a track related to what you just announced on the mic
3.Shout/scream/ play tune from the top or bring in new tune
4.Repeat from 1.
2Cuchi 1:26 AM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

his djing or talking shit
pLz let the music play!!!!!!!!
FunkyRob 1:46 AM - 18 March, 2010
It's like playing Simon Says with your crowd.
SELECT 2:02 AM - 18 March, 2010
Hes mic rocking, MCn.. connecting with the crowd. Some people can do it, some cant. The streets of NY like it HYPE, they wanna be moved, they rock with the music. Reggae is a big influence and hip hop started the same way, just rocking the mic to the music.

Check out Kast One and how he moves em with every song- Watchwww.youtube.com

Even Ztrip does it- Watchwww.youtube.com

When done right its works. It also heavily depends on the crowd and where your at.
dj_craigmac 3:26 AM - 18 March, 2010
kinda annoying
dj_craigmac 3:28 AM - 18 March, 2010
8 words of each song, whateva... I dont need some ahole yellin at me. Thats not fresh.
IMO
DTweed 3:58 AM - 18 March, 2010
Ok first off this is a very hood NY Club/Crowd so that is the format for the crowd. It's the norm for that style and if you dont do that the party will be wack. You MUST be from NY or have an NY STATE of MIND to enjoy it / understand it.

Personally Im a NY DJ born and raised and I dont do that style only because I dj more top 40 spots. but if I was doing an urban club/crowd yes I would be doing the same.

Like I said you MUST have a NY State of Mind to understand so I completely see why most people are turned off
Dirty Digits 4:20 AM - 18 March, 2010
not gonna lie, I could give a shit about his technique.

Cee has DJ'd for Big Daddy Kane since forever ago, been shouted out on tons old school anthems, the list goes on &on... So he gets a strong pass from me for whatever he does. He'll always be dope. I could give a fuck if his set is full of trainwrecks. I'm happy to see at least one of the people in the pioneering days of hip hop to be making some money.
DJROBsf1 4:23 AM - 18 March, 2010
Typical hood party. I love them.

To you dj's that do not like it. You can not rock these types of crowds anyway and a real dj can rock any or most crowd, But let me enlighten you
this is a real hip hop crowd not some watered down ass wannabe Ztrip crowd.

This is how we do this is hood shit this is hip hop!!!!!!!
DJROBsf1 4:40 AM - 18 March, 2010
You cats think hip hop is some Ztrip Atrac shit. It is not. Real hip hop party's were started in places just like the one in the video. In the hood with cats from the hood.

I bet 90% of the dj's on this site could not work this type of crowd. Put your dj's that you think are hard in this setting . You know the dj's i am talking about that crowd would boo ATrak.

Thats the test take your set to where hip hop started THE HOOD.
Most of you cats would get booed in the hood home of hip hop
dj_craigmac 5:25 AM - 18 March, 2010
Again whatever floats yo boat.
I still don't like his technique and i'm from the hood.
New York New York big city of dreams but everything in ny aint always what it seem...
Hassle 8:52 AM - 18 March, 2010
'Fuck... the.. frail shit. cuz when my coke come in, they gotta use the scales that they weigh the whales wit'

I'm a small town cracka ass cracka but this music is ma shit! I would prefer some real mixing tho. Too bad I don't get on the mic, otherwise I would kill a crowd like that.
SELECT 10:50 AM - 18 March, 2010
Not all Djs in NY play like that. Mr. Cee was droppin NY hood anthems for a NY hood crowd, it works. He couldnt do that in Vegas for example. Im sure if you caught him in another state he would still be rocking the mic, but not at that extreme.

On the other hand I listen to hot 97 in NY all the time where all these Djs play and most of the time they are very WACK. No skill whatsoever. Sorry, now every DJ there uses the same sound effect to slam every song in or some weak baby scratch. Not one, one attempt to mix a track. On top of that cutting off songs at the wrong time like in the middle of a verse. Its pretty bad that this sort of style has gotten completely out of hand! Alot of new jack Djs think this is the way to do it. I had one kid tell me one time that he couldnt play with my setup cause I didnt have sound effects, lol. Then I watched him play one time and he couldnt mix at all, no really he said that wasnt his style and never learned to mix. He just used sound effects to transition every song.

Dont get me wrong I rock the mic heavy when I play for certain crowds, but I also show some talent on the decks. Really ANYONE can play like like Mr. Cee if you know your records. The MCn is a different story.

One last thing MIXING is hip hop, blends and mashups didnt come out of no where. Just watch JAZZY JEFF, thats a real HIP HOP DJ!
Caramac 11:13 AM - 18 March, 2010
To chime in. I don't mind the slam mixing, talking/yelling or sound effects. As we've been reared for so long out here on East Coast music you kind of adopt it into your style.

What I noticed here and with a few other djs when I was out in NY is that they seem to play a song then cut it at a random point in a verse, talk and then bring in the next song. Its the continuity that I think is the issue here.

Now I've seen Flex play and I would class him in the same vein as Cee and he did a similar thing but there was a bit more of a flow to his set. There were cuts in the middle of verses like for example :

Notorious BIG - Unbelievable
B I G G I E Get it
Notorious BIG - Kick in the Door
Biggie (beat)

Now that works, keeps the flow party carrys on. Some of these other guys just cut a song at any point, forward the next song and drop. I was shocked when I saw CEE as I grew up on a lot of his mixtapes and was kind of expecting more.
bill-e 11:27 AM - 18 March, 2010
shit was annoying

although i was diggin all the cuts you could get in
bill-e 11:36 AM - 18 March, 2010
i might even prefer dougie-ing and stanky leggin all night in one of the fine clubs across the south
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:18 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
just to put two cents in i am one of those ny dj.many times i have played alongside cee and others.To let you know that is the norm out here depends on what type of spot your at.If you dont have a good speech game it dont matter how u play,you can drop songs in all night and people dont care.Now dont get it twisted me and alot others can blend mix or whatever but the people dont realy care for it.If you can tell them to put there f***ing hands up and keep them up without even playing a song yet and they listen you got a gig

i think the shit was crunk, i was gettin hype to it but if i was there at some point in the night id wanna be dancin with a chic and i dont think i could do that with him cutting off the song every 6 seconds, and you cant evem chant with em cause hes cuttin songs off mid verse....i love the NY anthem thing
mic 12:36 PM - 18 March, 2010
Barfy McBarferton
SELECT 12:50 PM - 18 March, 2010
Yeah that cutting off a song in the middle of a verse is garbage. If your using wordplay thats fine, but 99% of the time their just throwing in a sound effect and then some other song, wick wick WACK!
DJ Mr. $ 1:10 PM - 18 March, 2010
personally i think camilo and suss.one are the best nyc hip-hop djs.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:20 PM - 18 March, 2010
Damn that would get irritating all night but I understand it. One of the Detroit stations does a live remote broadcast on weekends, the Morning Show personality named Foolish teamed with the station Mix show DJs do something similar but much better.

DJ will mix the Instrumental and Foolish will Freestyle over it while the DJ will bring the Vocal back around. 8 or 16 counts of Freestyle and bam you got the song, all beatmixed of course.
SELECT 1:41 PM - 18 March, 2010
NY Radio= *Airplane going by sound effect*
DJROBsf1 1:58 PM - 18 March, 2010
If you really think Mr. Cee is that weak and you can do better with that crowd, Step to him and call him out to a battle with the same crowd, I bet you will lose . I bet Mr. Cee also knows how to play for your crowd before you could please his crowd.

Ok his skills are not that great but his crowd is enjoying it, And that's what truly counts.
He is catering to the crowd and that makes a good if not a great dj.
If you think you can do better prove it.

Step To Him. if you are not scared of getting bitch slapped

Like i said 90% of the shit talking dj's on this could not rock this crowd and the crowd would see that you were out of your element and take your lap top turntables and your money.

Not only do you have to rock a crowd like that but you have to be hard enough to be able to stay in the room and we know more than half of you busters on this site that are talking all this shit would take one look in a room like that and turn and run with their tail between their legs.

If you think you can do better step to Mr. CEE and let him know don't hide behind a web site and talk shit. Step to him with your fake ass.

If you really think a dj is that weak go to his gig, Step to him and let him know to his face.
SELECT 2:20 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:

Camillo killed this club I went to and he rocks the mic. Definitely one of the better NY Djs out there.
HYDRO MATIC 2:23 PM - 18 March, 2010
Man I run heavy mic work...its a time and place for everything...if your crowd trusts you, you get to do you...and in that situation that's how they rock...really hard and aggressive there's really no other way to dj for a crowd but how they are at heart...they want that tension he is BUILDING...a mix can build but a hard slam is abrasive and in your face...which is what touches that crowd...(personally I have to gear myself up more for the hood northern or southern cause the slam mixing does not come second nature to me, so I hit them heavy and hard with the mic work till my heart gets there and then you get those constant reactions ...)

just look at how the crowd reacted...would I do that at a top 40 spot...NO
but they tend to be softer and need more guidance that's why there I blend and hold mixes give them live remixes...another rule I follow is NO cursing from me on the mic for top 40 spots...in general that's a bit much for me to be yelling on the mic (talking really but its loud) and cursing at them...

for me at a Hood spot Im almost challenging them to get up to my level (verbally and musically) and at a top 40 spot we can go on a journey and I am pulling them and guiding them...

Its hard for someone to understand who doesnt understand the essence of the music itself...I didnt play any BMore or Electro till I felt I understood the movement...I think this is the same for those who look down at this..
HYDRO MATIC 2:24 PM - 18 March, 2010
Oh and listen to the Kast One video the crowd was going NUTS!!!!
He was slam mixing yes but almost all was beatmixed and in time...

Never heard of dude till now but he killed that show!
SELECT 2:33 PM - 18 March, 2010
^Kast One is hot 97 DJ along with Mr. Cee, Camillo, Suss One, Flex, etc. Hes been around for a minute. He has his moments mos def.

I rock the mic heavy too, its all timing, practice and knowing your records. I mainly do it for my "urban" crowds. It definitely adds a lot more excitement and connection with the crowd. I also do it when I play my top 40 crowds, but on different level. Mainly just to hype em up at different breaks and whatnot.
DeezNotes 2:35 PM - 18 March, 2010
I'm not sure if you can lump all East Coast DJs into this type of category. The type of style being presented here is more NY than anything (to me). I think any DJ anywhere can just drop songs to get a reaction (or "slam-mix" if you want to label it that), but that style isn't limited to the East. NY has it's own "thing" in my opinion.

One of the things I enjoy about NY is when I'm there on a holiday and Flex and Red Alert are on the air. The last few times I've been there, Flex will play REAL old school hip hop records and breaks while him and Red Alert would give a history lesson of those tracks. Flex cuts it up a little too, so you get some real DJ skills on real vinyl with some of the story behind some of the songs that made the culture what it is from it's origins. Dope.
DJ GaFFle 2:39 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:

Quote:
i think the shit was crunk, i was gettin hype to it but if i was there at some point in the night id wanna be dancin with a chic and i dont think i could do that with him cutting off the song every 6 seconds, and you cant evem chant with em cause hes cuttin songs off mid verse....

+1

I was feeling the tracks but he cut 'em ALL too short. What's the point of dancing if he's cutting the song and talking SO SOON? I respect Mr. Cee as a DJ but I would have sat the back on this set. Yes, his mic game was on point for this type of crowd but he might as well had a jukebox up there and no TTs. Buttons... just too many BUTTONS.

Quote:

Quote:
Camillo killed this club I went to and he rocks the mic. Definitely one of the better NY Djs out there.

To me, Boogie Blind is the man as far as NY DJ's go.
Caramac 2:57 PM - 18 March, 2010
I'm going to watch this again. That crowd really didn't look that hood.
DJROBsf1 3:46 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:

I wonder if the crowds in the United Kingdom are more hood.
Caramac 4:21 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I wonder if the crowds in the United Kingdom are more hood.

We do have them. To be honest I just watched a few mins then logged off. I saw a few guys in button up shirts which doesn't shout ''hood'' I've been wrong before but it seemed like an average black crowd.

Anyway not sure if I'm reading you right but to avoid any further arguments.

I have no problem with the songs, the hood, the mic work. the slam mixing, the crowd. Just a problem with the random stopping a song mid verse to talk.
DJ CISC0 4:26 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:

For the record...the crowd doesn't NEED to be that "hood" for it to work. I've done small sets like this with a mixed crowd and it works if they feel you.
Dirty Digits 4:27 PM - 18 March, 2010
"He made Thriller,...Thriller" - Dave Chappelle
Caramac 4:28 PM - 18 March, 2010
nah its just everyone is banging on about hood this and hood that where as its a certain style of mixing which ''can'' work anywhere if done well.
JD 5:24 PM - 18 March, 2010
Im in NYC and I used to spin super fast, slam mixing alot - which is effective BUT chicks want to dance to their favorite songs and want to enjoy their favorite songs so its best to mix both styles up - I slam when I do quick gimmicks thrown in - but for the most part, mixing songs and letting them play for a couple of verses seems to make the night more enjoyable for broads..happy broads = happy dudes, happy dudes = happy bar, happy bar = happy manager, happy manager = happy employed dj..lol
Audio1 5:30 PM - 18 March, 2010
Mr. Cee does what he wants, He's a legend...

Check this other clip of Mr. Cee Watchwww.youtube.com You can totally see what JD is referring to. The dudes are all jumping around but the girls are all "WTF you cut my song off for?" Just look at their faces. Kinda priceless.
DJROBsf1 5:36 PM - 18 March, 2010
I love Audio he is a true Icon and a class act great dj
lotty 5:48 PM - 18 March, 2010
This style of Dj'ing is what will separate one Dj from the next as well as adding something special to the game BUT from what everyone I've seen doing it, they are not taking full advantage of this style so it can get tiring.

I was doing this in '99 because I was producing and one day I wanted to find ways to make songs connect besides the beat rpm or keys and while I was blazed and listening to the lyrics I would put songs together that had something in the verses connecting but I did it with some style not just throwing tracks together. It made mixing more fun for me and you can mix songs from different genres like this if you know what you're doing and make everyone happy.

What I don't understand is with serato and other programs that have effects or mixers and gear that do also, why aren't they taking advantage of them?. This will make the mixes more high quality and really get the party going. Don't let me start on the programs like ableton where you can manipulate every track and have it to where you can do an interaction with the crowd while playing the manipulated track.

The reason why it gets everyone hype is because it is working on dopamine in the brain because every time you keep switching different songs so fast while adding something different to the song with your voice and asking questions to the crowd, the brain has to stay aware of what's going on and dopamine is released to do this which is what gives certain things pleasure. Add that to the actual music being loud and stimulating you with the bass this will keep you interested but if you do it too fast the crowd will get tired after a while and it won't work any more that's why playing one verse should be done and it should be done where every song connects using the lyrics.

I love Dj'ing like this but it takes someone who actually listens to lyrics and know when to bring songs in and out, know how to interact with the song at the right time, ask the right questions to the crowd, how to scratch certain lyrics in the hooks to make it sound like the scratches are part of the song and last but very important how to not give a fuck when on the mic and say what you want. If you don't give a fuck the crowd won't give a fuck. Remember you are the crowd controller.
lotty 5:52 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
Mr. Cee does what he wants, He's a legend...

Check this other clip of Mr. Cee Watchwww.youtube.com You can totally see what JD is referring to. The dudes are all jumping around but the girls are all "WTF you cut my song off for?" Just look at their faces. Kinda priceless.

Yeah, that's the testosterone and estrogen acting out.

The testosterone get things moving and the estrogen slowing things done a bit to prevent a problem.

In other words do quick mixes but play one verse and not just the hook. Too fast for the ladies. They can't start getting freaky to the music because he changes the song before they get a chance to get turned on but Mr. Cee is still the man.
djaction 5:56 PM - 18 March, 2010
Great entertainer .. horrible dj.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:00 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:

+1
Audio1 6:03 PM - 18 March, 2010
If it floats their boat, Why not. I do similar sets, cept with no Mic... Depends in what kind of mood you are in and if the crowd is feeling you.

quote]I love Audio he is a true Icon and a class act great djThanks homie. Much respect!
djaction 6:06 PM - 18 March, 2010
the problem with the hiphop scene in ny is the crowds are trained to expect this kind of "djing" so if you are mixing and doing anything beyond screaming on the mic and dropping a track they get bored and think you suck
lotty 6:13 PM - 18 March, 2010
CEE got him!.

NO WIFING IN THE CLUB!(watch around 3:55)
Watchwww.youtube.com
dj-dave-d 7:13 PM - 18 March, 2010
jesus christ shut the hell up!!! i know a dj that doesnt ever get off the mic EVER but he does it mostly to disguise the fact he couldn't mix a milkshake to save his life
Caramac 7:13 PM - 18 March, 2010
Ok re watching this. I stand by what I said. This really doesn't look that hood. I don't see any fighting, moody looks or a mosh pits. Now I don't know the club so I could be wrong but when I think of hood I think of the Tunnel.

As for the mixing. I really wasn't feeling it at all. When I think of that style I think of Flex. Flex is a don when it comes to this sort of mixing. This just seems sloppy and all over the show. It was like this when he came to the UK and I was bored then and would be bored now.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:14 PM - 18 March, 2010
i find it amazing how ass hurt some people get when their confronted with the fact that other people in this word have different opinions than them
Discobee 7:33 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
looks like cock fest 2010

deff couldnt handle that all night, maybe 10 mins or so

lol!
CMOS 7:35 PM - 18 March, 2010
Mr cee aint spinnin a whole night like that either. Dude comes in spins for an hour maybe an hour and a half and bounces. Hes basically doing a live version of his radio show.
HYDRO MATIC 7:45 PM - 18 March, 2010
hood is not always as hood appears...Im the quite calm face for A BUNCH of ridiculously ROWDY cats...I speak proper not tats and dress hella proper...but we used to "GETS BUSY"!!!
HYDRO MATIC 7:46 PM - 18 March, 2010
and wow he goes wayyyyyyyy IINNN....to much for me and Im a professional asshole...lol
HYDRO MATIC 7:46 PM - 18 March, 2010
^^^^^^no homo no misqoute^^^^^
bill-e 7:48 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
JD 7:57 PM - 18 March, 2010
I still remember when he was on the radio calling laptop djs "Serato Suckas"... he didnt catch on to Serato then - it was still new. Now look...
DJ CISC0 8:02 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
I still remember when he was on the radio calling laptop djs "Serato Suckas"... he didnt catch on to Serato then - it was still new. Now look...
So did Flex. One day Flex went on a rant about how the mp3 laptop DJs were suckas...
Caramac 8:07 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
So did Flex. One day Flex went on a rant about how the mp3 laptop DJs were suckas...

Maybe he uses WAV files?
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:40 PM - 18 March, 2010
I figured it's a New York style of DJin. Any crowd were I can drop "I Really Mean It" and "Dipset Anthem" is cool with me. I would have fun with that crowd. You definitely gotta have your mic skills up to par. But Im sure he could have took that exact same set of songs and rearranged them to flow better. He was all over BPM wise.
DJROBsf1 4:27 AM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Yea i remember when they said that.
It was not cool for them to do. I admit, and look at them now, But they were not he only dj's to rant about the mp3 dj's.

You have some dj's that still swear by records and hate serato. It took awhile for it to catch the main stream. Dj's did not embrace digital djing right away.

I remember when that happened Flex called out the Serato suckas to a battle and no one took him up on it .

Flex is not that great in the skills department, But he did call you cats out . During interview on a New York Local radio show. Dj's on this site that were posting shit about him, And none of you. I mean none of you took him up on it. You cats sat back talked shit and did not want to battle flex and he did for a fact put an invitation out to all the serato suck's talking shit about me and i {quote Any serato sucka's posting shit about me on their web site want to battle bring it on . come to his club where he dj's and he will fuck you up on the turntables. }

Everybody talked all kinds of shit on this site but none of the dj's that talked all that shit. Did not take him up on his offer to battle, Did you.

The cats that were talking shit. Were talking about putting their money together to get other dj's to battle flex and not themselves they were trying to get another dj to set foot in the lions den.

My point proven you had a problem with him and like a real dj he said lets battle, Not lets post a mix, Not post a video.

This is djing you mother fuckers you cats need to start back battling again like in the true hip hop days.
When you call some other dj wack then prove that you have the right to call him wack. Not post a mix so your friends on the web site can kiss your ass in an a bullshit internet battle .

That shit is lame
SELECT 5:40 AM - 19 March, 2010
On the real flex is one of my early inspirations. Back in the 90s hes was the king on the wheels on NY radio. Best part was hearing him actually spin Funk, Soul & RnB. Id never heard anyone double up, cut and scratch all those classic joints the way he did. He spun em like a hip hop Dj and with so much fire. I was in awe back then. Really his crates run DEEP!!! Id be intimated to go toe to toe with him on that level. No way I could battle him, Id lose. Now if were were just playing current joints, I definitely wouldnt be scared and would accept the challenge, win or lose.

In regards to his rant about Serato Djs wanting to battle him. I heard it on hot 97 and I know alot of people who wanted to battle him, especially in NY!!!! Really though do you think he would let you get on where he was playing at? Its all talk! He was pissed at all the hate he was getting and in turn he definitely was hating on Djs using Serato... hence the term Serato suckas. He choose to take it on the air where he was safe. Again, there is no way he would let you get on where he was playing it, no way!!!!!!!

Now in terms of a real set up of DMC type battle, NY battle Djs would eat him alive!! Clearly in this video you see the other Serato sucka Dj with just as much talent if not more. On top of that Flex was asking the other DJ to switch his records.

This is in 2007-
Round one, Flex- Watchwww.youtube.com
Round two Impulse- Watchwww.youtube.com
DJROBsf1 6:09 AM - 19 March, 2010
I always said that flex is not great in the skills department but that routine by impulse was first done by Dj Clark Kent i am going to try to find the link.
DJROBsf1 6:15 AM - 19 March, 2010
I am looking for the link, But the there it is routine was an OG Dj routine first done by DJ Clark Kent and done way better than that.
the_black_one 6:16 AM - 19 March, 2010
lol @ serato suckas
bill-e 6:40 AM - 19 March, 2010
lol djrobsf1 is mr cee or funkmaster flex

*anxiously waits to be called out*
DJROBsf1 7:15 AM - 19 March, 2010
It's like this. If you feel you have to come a public forum and diss dj, And you are a dj your self. Then you should be ale to step to him in a battle.
No matter who it is. i was just using flex as an example because his name was brought up,
I remembered an old thread about the serato sucka;s .

i just think if you diss a dj you should be able to battle him no matter who it is .

Lets take it bake to the old school.
DJROBsf1 7:18 AM - 19 March, 2010
back to the old school.

Blunts & Cazadores, Whew
DJDeluchi 8:00 AM - 19 March, 2010
thats pretty much the style i use without all the mic work just cutting and pasting tracks i also do abit of mixing here and there 2 but tend to play more of the tracks than little snippets its like jaguars skills style but hes more into quicker transitions
Caramac 8:56 AM - 19 March, 2010
In all fairness no one is really dissing. They're just saying they don't like it.
the_black_one 9:01 AM - 19 March, 2010
<------not feeling it!!!!! (no homo)
DjSugarDaddy 9:01 AM - 19 March, 2010
LOL at the MC cutting off the guy battling flex haha
DJDeluchi 9:51 AM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
In all fairness no one is really dissing. They're just saying they don't like it.

i wasnt moaning lol was just saying this is my play style
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:34 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
LOL at the MC cutting off the guy battling flex haha

+1, and they reduced and eq'd the sound differently.
freshtodeath 2:06 PM - 19 March, 2010
This is the older style of DJing that goes in in NYC / NYC Radio. Its been like this for years pre-serato and still goes on now mostly at the hood clubs. This is not everyones cup of tea - but it reality its takes major skill to have a strong presence on the mic and to use the mic as a transition or hype tool.
agentorange 2:54 PM - 19 March, 2010
OH MY GOD!!!

i gotta defend my nigga!! not that he even needs any. mr cee. is prob my favorite dj of all time. u think slam mixing is easy??? hell nah!! and rock the mic at the same time?!?!? hell nah!! mr cee can mix and scratch and all of that!!

he don't train wreck neither. all his slams are on point. that shit is tough. try practicing slammin clean. its pretty hard.

and yes. it seemed like cee was madd souped up doing this night. all good with me. i know his skills and how dope of a dj he is. ya'll dont even know.

big ups to mr cee. he be on some alien shit. yall can't even begin to understand. his mixing and track selection is impeccable. this dude is an alien fo sho!
agentorange 2:55 PM - 19 March, 2010
i think mr cee's style is impetuous
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:06 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:

he don't train wreck neither. all his slams are on point. that shit is tough. try practicing slammin clean. its pretty hard.

...he was slammin in the middle of verses in that vid
DJROBsf1 3:27 PM - 19 March, 2010
90 %Of hood sets are just like that.

Like agentorange said it is not easy to slam and keep the crowd hype and enjoying themselves to the joints you are slamming by getting a reaction from the crowd when they hear the next joint you slam.

You cats have to understand that do not get the slamming style of djing

It's not easy to pick the joints to make the crowd stay hyped on every joint. One wrong song like some watered down hip hop can kill the whole mood.

It could get you hurt.
LOL
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:36 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:

Like agentorange said it is not easy to slam and keep the crowd hype and enjoying themselves to the joints you are slamming by getting a reaction from the crowd when they hear the next joint you slam.

It's not easy to pick the joints to make the crowd stay hyped on every joint. One wrong song like some watered down hip hop can kill the whole mood.

It could get you hurt.
LOL

will smith- miami would go over well right?!?
DJROBsf1 3:39 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

It could get you hurt.
LOL

Maybe if it's a 40 year old and up hood set.
Gettin jiggy with it Roflmao
djchrischip 3:40 PM - 19 March, 2010
look it is wat it is... bottom line as long as the crowd is having fun u can call urself an entertainer, but not dj... djs should be versatile n be able to mix, cut (no dmc but even on beat baby scratches), blend or drop a track here n there... yo i am first to say if i got to jump down 30 bpms for some reason i will do a echo out n drop a record but the truth is i dont go od n drop every track my mixing is on point
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:43 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It could get you hurt.
LOL

id pay to see that mix

DMX - We go hard
SLam
Jay-Z - Jigga
SLam
Onyx - SLam
Hype Talk
SLam
Tupac All eyes on me
HYPE TALK
HYPE TALK
SLAM
Will Smith Parents just dont understand

the looks on their faces would be priceless
DJSIXX 3:47 PM - 19 March, 2010
im from sandiego.. when i djed in nyc (rewind/huson terrace) couple of months back, .. the whole intro 8 bar mixing is not really poppin, instead they dig the last 4bar mixing.. acapella loops n word play ish not really poppin.. n definately no love for blow the whistle. hence i went back to my slamming shit in/mic game that night and the crowd all the sudden woke up. also.. reggae(the real riddim joints not no sean paul) is a must. oops can't forget about some dipset anthem.

as for hot 97.. i really give props to the homie Kast one. hes really good at what he does. i can tell you that if he were to actually mix on a west coast radio station where 8bar blends, trick mixing exists he can do it. hes just in a place where thats how radio is in the east.
now i can't say the same for the other djs like cee, flex, cipha but theyre speech game is on point.
DJROBsf1 3:48 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It could get you hurt.
LOL

id pay to see that mix

DMX - We go hard
SLam
Jay-Z - Jigga
SLam
Onyx - SLam
Hype Talk
SLam
Tupac All eyes on me
HYPE TALK
HYPE TALK
SLAM
Will Smith Parents just dont understand

the looks on their faces would be priceless

Dude stop please you killin me
ROFLMAO
DJROBsf1 3:49 PM - 19 March, 2010
I am in tears
freshtodeath 4:14 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
im from sandiego.. when i djed in nyc (rewind/huson terrace) couple of months back, .. the whole intro 8 bar mixing is not really poppin, instead they dig the last 4bar mixing.. acapella loops n word play ish not really poppin.. n definately no love for blow the whistle. hence i went back to my slamming shit in/mic game that night and the crowd all the sudden woke up. also.. reggae(the real riddim joints not no sean paul) is a must. oops can't forget about some dipset anthem.

as for hot 97.. i really give props to the homie Kast one. hes really good at what he does. i can tell you that if he were to actually mix on a west coast radio station where 8bar blends, trick mixing exists he can do it. hes just in a place where thats how radio is in the east.
now i can't say the same for the other djs like cee, flex, cipha but theyre speech game is on point.

SIXX where you been? and yes Blow The Whistle is only good for a warmup set here! LOL
agentorange 4:31 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

word play.

listen again. he cuts after a hot line. fck a verse!!

you guys are nuts!! mister cee is an alien and as a matter of fact im listening to him right now. "old skool at noon"

none of you assholes on this board can ever touch him!!! you guys just don't seem to understand. and no, it's not a ny thing or a hood thing. cee is fckin alien.
agentorange 4:33 PM - 19 March, 2010
besides 8 bar mixing is kinda lame, no? i mean to 4/8 bar mix the whole night is kinda boring. there are many tracks out there that need to be slammed in from the get.

u can't 8 bar mix some tracks. u lose the effect of the intros.
DJROBsf1 4:33 PM - 19 March, 2010
dj sixx what part of San diego are you from.

I used to live there
DJSIXX 4:45 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
dj sixx what part of San diego are you from.

I used to live there

<<manila mesa sirr .. aka where shit goes wrong every other day lol jk.. knockin on wood.
DJROBsf1 4:55 PM - 19 March, 2010
I am going there next week i have been going there once a month for the last eight month's.

I have also been djing there at a club on the east side.

i know where Mira Mesa is. We used to kick there ass in football back in the day.

VP all the way.

Where do you spin at ?
DJROBsf1 5:02 PM - 19 March, 2010
But i also heard that Balboa, and Mira Mesa are good now my nephews play for those Pop Warner teams now.

But in my day it was VP all the way to the super Q Bowl at Jack Murphy Stadium every year.
djbigboy 5:09 PM - 19 March, 2010
I enjoyed the video, especially realizing that this will work only for a select amount of djs, I wish i could incorporate some of his style into my own sets, but I also realize, people aren't really able to dance as much as they are participating...Makes me wanna have a gooseneck for my mic!
djaction 6:00 PM - 19 March, 2010
There is good slam style DJ'ing and Bad slam style dj'ing.. this is not good slam style.

Wanna see good slam style? Watch a Jazzy Jeff video when hes going in with Hip Hop.
the_black_one 6:01 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

blurredproductions.files.wordpress.com
DJBlisk 6:24 PM - 19 March, 2010
I love all those tracks he drops.
djpuma_gemini 6:29 PM - 19 March, 2010
My idea of slam mixing is taking certain tracks and drop them in.

Biggie hypnotize is one of them. I thought about using an extended intro with that song, but the hype of the beginning beat is what gets the crowd hype. Giving them 32 beats of it before it drops just doesn't get the same reaction as dropping it where it starts, but I'd still scratch it in a little bit.

I think the shit he did was garbage, but I don't spin like that, so it's not my style anyway.
djaction 6:31 PM - 19 March, 2010
+1 on slamming Hypnotize

Ante Up, Party Up, and almost any Gangstarr track too lol
djpuma_gemini 6:34 PM - 19 March, 2010
he talking about if you making more than 20 grand put your right hand up and proceeds to drop i get money.

I guess it might work in NY, but not on the west.
Obviously not all tracks can be blended for 32 beats, before intros, you couldn't mix every track like that, but get creative, not just get on the mic and drop the next track.
Audio1 6:35 PM - 19 March, 2010
Its called DROP MIXING. They just DROP the MIXING and yell on the MIC. LOL
Caramac 6:37 PM - 19 March, 2010
This is what I think of when I think of NY style djing. This is Premo. Granted this is more breaks but its the best thing I can find on youtube right now. Add some mic work and this what I consider NY Mixing.

Watchwww.youtube.com

When I saw Flex it was like this but with all the Def Jam, Loud hits at the time but i can't find any decent videos of that era. Flex was a don back then.

On a side note there are some shocking videos on youtube. Tonnes of phone/videos of people talking. Lol.
the_black_one 6:44 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Its called CRAP MIXING. They just DROP the ASS and yell on the MIC. LOL
the_black_one 6:45 PM - 19 March, 2010
^^^fixed
Caramac 6:51 PM - 19 March, 2010
This is the last time I check this video. Alot of his mixes are actually off.
Caramac 6:51 PM - 19 March, 2010
This is the last time I check this video. Alot of his mixes are actually off.
SELECT 7:02 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
+1 on slamming Hypnotize

Add Benjamins to that.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 9:29 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
CEE got him!.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Wow he straight puttin everybody on blast in the club!
the_black_one 9:33 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
CEE got him!.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Wow he straight puttin everybody on blast in the club!

second worst video on here behind the Paul the dj tutorials
djpuma_gemini 9:38 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
+1 on slamming Hypnotize

Add Benjamins to that.

Big babababa Big L Rest in Peace...
Audio1 9:57 PM - 19 March, 2010
You gotta admit that shit was funny when he called dude out. Unsure why he was getting all heated for but yeah, That crowd interaction got everyone HYPE.
JD 12:18 AM - 20 March, 2010
Quit arguing... there isnt a right or wrong way to do it... figuring out what works for your crowd is key.
dj_craigmac 2:30 AM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
But i also heard that Balboa, and Mira Mesa are good now my nephews play for those Pop Warner teams now.

But in my day it was VP all the way to the super Q Bowl at Jack Murphy Stadium every year.

My nephews play for the Balboa Raiders here in San Diego. Small world
Johnny Falvelo 7:02 AM - 20 March, 2010
shut up and just play the music. That was annoying as hell.
Johnny Falvelo 7:03 AM - 20 March, 2010
It's like he's just yelling into the mic to hear himself talk then he hits next song on his i-shuffle
chris ross 7:16 AM - 20 March, 2010
ok here is my 2 cents........the way he -play is how i play only diffrence between me in him is i go banger for banger for banger cuz you can tell some off the people wasnt feeling some of the song he was playing thats why he switch it real fast(that happen to me before)now some of yall who dont understand let me break it down for u....u dont play like that the whole nite if u do a 4 hour set for the 1st 3 hours ur build it up(play normal) then when you build the hype up.......then the last hour u drop the all time favs....u can do that with any type of music.....really....you just have to play real good before u bang out the all time favs...thats all that is.....i have a island background so im use to it(that where that style come from) now the thing is i live in philly i remeber when i when to this bar and did that.....the people love me for it cuz they wasnt use to it...now that they got use to it.....they be bitchin"stop cutting the song'' i want to hear the whole song.........what i notice is when u play a song most american people take like 2 to 3 min to feel the song and rock to it.thats some of yall dont like it....but me i love.....mr cee is the shit.....i consider him a selector which is diffrent from a dj
chris ross 7:21 AM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

word play.

listen again. he cuts after a hot line. fck a verse!!

you guys are nuts!! mister cee is an alien and as a matter of fact im listening to him right now. "old skool at noon"

none of you assholes on this board can ever touch him!!! you guys just don't seem to understand. and no, it's not a ny thing or a hood thing. cee is fckin alien.

they will never get it...cuz they not hip hop.....they not hood......that style is the level u want to reach after u learn how to blend and do trick cuz that mean u really know ur music.....to take control of it like that...
chris ross 7:22 AM - 20 March, 2010
ok here is my 2 cents........the way he -play is how i play only diffrence between me in him is i go banger for banger for banger cuz you can tell some off the people wasnt feeling some of the song he was playing thats why he switch it real fast(that happen to me before)now some of yall who dont understand let me break it down for u....u dont play like that the whole nite if u do a 4 hour set for the 1st 3 hours ur build it up(play normal) then when you build the hype up.......then the last hour u drop the all time favs....u can do that with any type of music.....really....you just have to play real good before u bang out the all time favs...thats all that is.....i have a island background so im use to it(that where that style come from) now the thing is i live in philly i remeber when i when to this bar and did that.....the people love me for it cuz they wasnt use to it...now that they got use to it.....they be bitchin"stop cutting the song'' i want to hear the whole song.........what i notice is when u play a song most american people take like 2 to 3 min to feel the song and rock to it.thats some of yall dont like it....but me i love.....mr cee is the shit.....i consider him a selector which is diffrent from a dj
DJ Mr. $ 7:29 AM - 20 March, 2010
i used to listen to hot 97 djs all the time. Now however I have my ipod loaded w mixes from guys like Flipside, Chachi, Spider, ect. Its more because I like the open format mixes better but the hot 97 guys were some of my earliest influences.
DJ CISC0 8:20 AM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But he did call you cats out . During interview on a New York Local radio show. Dj's on this site that were posting shit about him, And none of you. I mean none of you took him up on it. You cats sat back talked shit and did not want to battle flex and he did for a fact put an invitation out to all the serato suck's talking shit about me and i {quote Any serato sucka's posting shit about me on their web site want to battle bring it on . come to his club where he dj's and he will fuck you up on the turntables.

Everybody talked all kinds of shit on this site but none of the dj's that talked all that shit. Did not take him up on his offer to battle, Did you.

The cats that were talking shit. Were talking about putting their money together to get other dj's to battle flex and not themselves they were trying to get another dj to set foot in the lions den.

My point proven you had a problem with him and like a real dj he said lets battle, Not lets post a mix, Not post a video.

This is djing you mother fuckers you cats need to start back battling again like in the true hip hop days.
When you call some other dj wack then prove that you have the right to call him wack. Not post a mix so your friends on the web site can kiss your ass in an a bullshit internet battle .

That shit is lame
Since you quoted me then I guess I should respond....

Me, personally....I heard the rant LIVE on the Bronx River Parkway getting off on Gunhill Road in the Bronx and I DID NOT hear a challenge...maybe it was on another one of his rants...like he always has. Keep in mind, this dude ranted about "not doing stock rims", "not doing this or that" but yet the dude was pushing Lugz boots!!!!!!!!!!lLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! And like all the other mumbo jumbo...I just laughed it off like everything else he tried to press on us.

Like every other shit he trys to push on people AKA Payola...i never bought it.

I met Flex back in the day when I went to pick my records up at BigDawg record pool and the dude came off like if he was God's DJ's gift to the world...like GTFOH with that bro. I'm in YOUR pool and you're cocky like that?

Yeah, he was OK for back in the day but I always loved Mr Cee's swag...maybe because BDK was my favorite rapper back then.

But if you so called heard this "challenge" at Serato DJs then where's your battle at him at? Or did he just challenge "NY Serato DJs"?

And how the fuck do you know if anyone here talked shit about him around that time when that happened around 05ish but yet you're registered at 07?.......just saying?

dj vegas 9:10 AM - 20 March, 2010
i play top40,mix fast 32's all night and its clean but to me this is djing i love it cant wait to watch it again!
i dont see him playing at the same spot every night though you would sound worn out quick the banger he was playing like flip side if i here it again i will shoot my self! but one night here and there letzz dooo it!
dj vegas 9:11 AM - 20 March, 2010
ps i dont do it cause i cant and im not ashamed to say it thats nasty!
DJROBsf1 3:24 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But he did call you cats out . During interview on a New York Local radio show. Dj's on this site that were posting shit about him, And none of you. I mean none of you took him up on it. You cats sat back talked shit and did not want to battle flex and he did for a fact put an invitation out to all the serato suck's talking shit about me and i {quote Any serato sucka's posting shit about me on their web site want to battle bring it on . come to his club where he dj's and he will fuck you up on the turntables.

That shit is lame
Since you quoted me then I guess I should respond....

Me, personally....I heard the rant LIVE on the Bronx River Parkway getting off on Gunhill Road in the Bronx and I DID NOT hear a challenge...maybe it was on another one of his rants...like he always has. Keep in mind, this dude ranted about "not doing stock rims", "not doing this or that" but yet the dude was pushing Lugz boots!!!!!!!!!!lLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! And like all the other mumbo jumbo...I just laughed it off like everything else he tried to press on us.

Like every other shit he trys to push on people AKA Payola...i never bought it.

I met Flex back in the day when I went to pick my records up at BigDawg record pool and the dude came off like if he was God's DJ's gift to the world...like GTFOH with that bro. I'm in YOUR pool and you're cocky like that?

Yeah, he was OK for back in the day but I always loved Mr Cee's swag...maybe because BDK was my favorite rapper back then.

But if you so called heard this "challenge" at Serato DJs then where's your battle at him at? Or did he just challenge "NY Serato DJs"?

And how the fuck do you know if anyone here talked shit about him around that time when that happened around 05ish but yet you're registered at 07?.......just saying?

How the fuck did i know because i had another profile back then.

Check your self before you wreck your self you do not know who you are fucking wih .

I know what the fuck i heard and i remember the thread so back the fucking truck up before i bring the bulldozer to New York bitch.

Cisco if you want respect you better give it .

I am not one of these buster on here .

This is the bay we go dumb bitch

Don't have me ride the yellow bus over yo ass

Fillmore is in the house bitch
DJROBsf1 3:27 PM - 20 March, 2010
Don't think i am one of these cats

I don't give a fuck i will get banned again.

Cisco you better respect me or you got problems
DJROBsf1 3:33 PM - 20 March, 2010
And how the fuck would you know cisco you said it happened in 05 and you were a member since 06 so how would you know .

Cisco I am from the streets i put in work son , Don't mack me add you to my resume
DJROBsf1 3:35 PM - 20 March, 2010
don't mack on me boy i'll ad you to my resume
DJROBsf1 4:18 PM - 20 March, 2010
And i am not tripping on you being from New York.

I have family all over the Apple .

I have family in Hunts Point, i got peps in the Concourse, Mount Vernon, Lower East Side in Manhatten, Brooklyn, all over son.
freshtodeath 4:24 PM - 20 March, 2010
I can see where this is going

thread lock
DJROBsf1 4:38 PM - 20 March, 2010
Well lock the mother fucker then.

Mother fuckers better show some respect
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:47 PM - 20 March, 2010
Damn fellas we jus havein a discussion about this style of DJin. Let's not get this discussion locked up because of who did what, where and when. I think its good for all types of DJs to be aware of this.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:54 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
suss.one are the best nyc hip-hop djs.

SUSS-ONE is SOOOOOOO slept on....
DJ CISC0 4:57 PM - 20 March, 2010
Wow dude. After all that talk you didnt even answer my question? I asked you a simple question because you said that he called out all NY DJs to a battle and I dont remember that being the case. I heard it for myself!!!!

I'm not here to have you get all butt hurt about something that obviously is bothering you. And I can give a fuck about where you are from or what the fuck you represent. I dont get into font wars my dude...that's for pussies!
bill-e 5:13 PM - 20 March, 2010
lol i didn't know takin it back to the old school meant takin it back to middle school!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:18 PM - 20 March, 2010
Don't get it twisted.

Mr. Cee will WRECK most cats on this forum in a 1 on 1 head to head battle on wax.

Straight up.

So, for those who are saying he's "Whack" because of how he's playing to that particular crowd...

You can best believe he will straight up SERVE you on the 1's & 2's.(no mic)

Real talk.
DJ Mr. $ 5:23 PM - 20 March, 2010
Flex is one of the most respected men in NY hip-hop but as a DJ is not good and he has a huge ego - but he does back it up with one of the highest rated hip-hop radio shows in the country going on what 20 or so years.

As for Flex talking shit about DJ's using Serato - most DJs were doing the same thing except Flex had a bigger platform. It took a guy like AM blowing up while using Serato to make it "acceptable" and then "normal" and now "expected" for a DJ to using a laptop.

The one reason I dont respect Flex as a DJ is because he called spinbad out but would'nt battle him. Spinbad is 2 times the turntablist and DJ, although not businessman, as Flex and would destroy Flex on the decks.

So basically Flex is a good radio host, good MC, and amazing business man (we havent mentioned his car show yet) but he is probally the least talented DJ in NY radio.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:26 PM - 20 March, 2010
Flex is to DJ'ing what Jay-Z is to hiphop.

Not the greatest at their craft, got there "by default", but created an EMPIRE out of it.

Straight Businessmen.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:27 PM - 20 March, 2010
Flex knew he couldn't rock with Spin in a battle...

That was for Promotional Purposes Only.
dj lad 8:45 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:

lol.
dj lad 8:45 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

lol.

Seriously. LOL. Get a life, internet tough guy.
the_black_one 8:46 PM - 20 March, 2010
IBTL
chris ross 8:54 PM - 20 March, 2010
yah sumting wrong wit dude......
the_black_one 8:58 PM - 20 March, 2010
song
talk
song
talk
talk
talk
song
talk
song

flat out wack, i dont care if it's the hottest shit in NY.......IBTL
chris ross 6:53 PM - 21 March, 2010
its not for everybody
Dj_Dropz_ 7:25 PM - 21 March, 2010
i really dont know if his style would work here in the west coast... most here rely heavy on top 40 even in the hoods... and if you wanna start playing hardcore westcoast street anthems your party will turn into a cockfest asap!!
chris ross 7:31 PM - 21 March, 2010
it depends on your swag........and how u mix it up............
Dj_Dropz_ 7:44 PM - 21 March, 2010
no really that shit will b very difficult!! look most of our anthems (only speaking for the westcoast) are in the 90's early 2000"s and thats it... so u would have to take it way back and even then they arent typically your party joints to play like aint no fun or some montell jordan....
the_black_one 7:44 PM - 21 March, 2010
swag!!!!!!

talking on the mic that much is swag!!!!!!!!

sorry NY sucks if that is what NY is about!
chris ross 7:57 PM - 21 March, 2010
...........i dont know what to tell yall..........
chris ross 8:00 PM - 21 March, 2010
everybody is diffrent..................every dj is diffrent..........but u cant sit here and say what he do is not djing........cuz you know what letting one song play then when its over or whatever put another song on......thats djing no matter how you do.....blending a mixing is just skill
sixxx 8:16 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
cuz you know what letting one song play then when its over or whatever put another song on......thats djing no matter how you do

So, a jukebox is a DJ now? By your logic, it is. So, no. It isn't DJing. It's just playing jukebox.
sixxx 8:17 PM - 21 March, 2010
Btw, not commenting on Mr Cee's technique cause I haven't seen what it does and too lazy to even look at the video. Just commenting on the whole DJing vs playing Jukebox.
chris ross 8:17 PM - 21 March, 2010
im talking about the 1st dj.....im going way back to what it really is
chris ross 8:19 PM - 21 March, 2010
no body can say what a dj is...........all yall can say is what is the norm .......and norms change(time,area)
the_black_one 8:24 PM - 21 March, 2010
@ sixxx, bro your not missing anything.... the video is horrible!
Caramac 8:25 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
@ sixxx, bro your not missing anything.... the video is horrible!

+ 1
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:29 PM - 21 March, 2010
Good Grief. That type of crowd LIKES to be TOLD what to do every inch of the way.

And just like someone said, MOST DJ's couldn't handle that crowd anyway.

That type of DJ'ing is considered "The Norm" there, nothing wrong with that.

And again, if ANY of you are questioning Mr. Cee's skills, take that man 1 on 1 on some vinyl, and I'm sure he will break his foot off in you...Easy.
sixxx 8:41 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
take that man 1 on 1 on some vinyl
No homo?
the_black_one 8:44 PM - 21 March, 2010
lol @ johnny
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:58 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
take that man 1 on 1 on some vinyl
No homo?

You Already Know.
the_black_one 9:05 PM - 21 March, 2010
(no homo,no tube stake)
chris ross 9:10 PM - 21 March, 2010
you are a homo if u have to say no homo
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:29 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:

Indeed they better, DJROBsf1. Starting with you.

If I see you pulling your "I'm from the hood" tough guy nonsense again you can go find another online community to disrepect. Your attitude is not welcome here.
the_black_one 9:29 PM - 21 March, 2010
<------not homo but cool with the homos (no bisexual)
chris ross 9:34 PM - 21 March, 2010
.......lol...... u got homo friends......yah u a homo...lol....
chris ross 9:40 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Indeed they better, DJROBsf1. Starting with you.

If I see you pulling your "I'm from the hood" tough guy nonsense again you can go find another online community to disrepect. Your attitude is not welcome here.

you have to come harder........like say u going to put a virus on the harddrive or sumting.....he did say he been kicked off before so.....
the_black_one 9:41 PM - 21 March, 2010
<-------yes i have gay friends! got a problem with gay folks?
chris ross 9:44 PM - 21 March, 2010
nah....the way i look at it is they leave more chicks for me and they whip out the comp.......
the_black_one 9:48 PM - 21 March, 2010
i have a good friend of mine that is gay and he is one of coolest MOFOS i know. I don't give a fuck what he is! he's cool peeps
Dj Koppa Top 9:51 PM - 21 March, 2010
don't be drowned by one style.... that's called hyping the crowd and it's how you get the crowd going....instead of lookin at your laptop screen all night.
chris ross 9:58 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
don't be drowned by one style.... that's called hyping the crowd and it's how you get the crowd going....instead of lookin at your laptop screen all night.

agree
the_black_one 10:02 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:

how about playing great music it's self that gets the people hyped and maybe talk on the mic every now and then at most.Play the right type of music and people will get hyped with out some monkey(not racist) yelling on the mic every five seconds!
the_black_one 10:03 PM - 21 March, 2010
i guess yelling is cool and gets people hyped!!! why are you even playing music then?
Dj Koppa Top 10:06 PM - 21 March, 2010
how about playing great music it's self that gets the people hyped and maybe talk on the mic every now and then at most.Play the right type of music and people will get hyped with out some monkey(not racist) yelling on the mic every five seconds!

that's why we have radios at home pick a station and tune it. not in the club please.
chris ross 10:33 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

put it like this...what u talking about is what normal djs do...........vs what he does which is add sumting extra to it.......but like i said before its no rite or wrong style to djing........its what ever float your boat or the people boat.....it adds another angle to djing....u never know tomorrow some dj might think of sumting never done and people going to like it....so are u going to hate on that too.......
agentorange 11:29 PM - 21 March, 2010
yo this thread sucks.

kill the noise.

mister cee is that dude!
chris ross 12:52 AM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
yo this thread sucks.

kill the noise.

mister cee is that dude!

agree
sixxx 12:59 AM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
yo this thread sucks.

kill the noise.

mister cee is my dude!

no homo?
chris ross 1:01 AM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
yo this thread sucks.

kill the noise.

mister cee is my dude!

no homo?

wtf..............

u must be a homo............................
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:34 AM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

You're KIDDING RIGHT?

Do you HEAR the nonesense that's released on the radio waves?

That's ALL THEY WANT! Shoot this up, crack this down, bust yo dome, etc..etc..

He is playing the EXACT MUSIC EXPECTED for that type of party.

And again, are you guys questioning HIS TECHNICAL ABILITY on the Wheels Of Steel itself?

If not, and you're only "upset" about "How" he's playing to that particular crowd, you need to fall back.

1. Is he Entertaining the crowd?
2. Do they respect him?
3. Does he have a connection with them?
4. At the end of the night, will the crowd say he rocked it?
5. Is he getting PAID? (No FREEJAY)
6. Can YOU do it to that crowd better than him?
7. Can YOU even BEAT him in a straight up vinyl battle?

Ask yourself those questions.
sixxx 2:03 AM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yo this thread sucks.

kill the noise.

mister cee is my dude!

no homo?

wtf..............

I must be a homo............................

If you say so. Nothing wrong with that.
chris ross 8:36 AM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yo this thread sucks.

kill the noise.

mister cee is my dude!

no homo?

wtf..............

I must be a homo............................

If you say so. Nothing wrong with that.

lol...lmao...thats a good one...i cant think of nothing to come back wit on that......lol
lsdjmist 9:52 AM - 22 March, 2010
mister cee is a legend no question. he plays for the people how the people want. west coast has their style and east coast theirs. if it goes by crowd response then the issue is the crowd. that style is all they know so being a dj he is gonna feed them what they want. do i think he should switch it up and actually mix and not talk so much? sure but, hey, it's working for him. i think the crowd is dumbed down cause they don't know any better, they don't know things have evolved.i've been spinning since 86-87 and they were doing that same style then. shit, that style has been going on since the 70's with mc's toasting the dj. toasting was what it was called when the mc gave the dj's props and then it switched when the dj started toasting his mc that was giving him props. i say blame the crowd for not wanting something different plus that's not the only spot they have to choose from. the majority must know who he is and his style and that's why they even go. not all new york dj's perform like him and other crowds go to that spot i assume. just my thoughts
DJ Alkemy 2:28 PM - 22 March, 2010
This would annoy the shit outta me but you cant really argue with it because the crowd are hype and responding to it so it just goes to show that you gotta know your crowd. Not many DJ's would be able to spin this crowd but in hindsight I dont think Cee would last 2 minutes with a crowd that wanted to hear some Indie Hip-Hop with some nice cuts n scratches. Horses for courses and all that.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:04 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
but in hindsight I dont think Cee would last 2 minutes with a crowd that wanted to hear some Indie Hip-Hop with some nice cuts n scratches. Horses for courses and all that.

Mr. Cee is one of the most DIVERSE DJ's out there. He not be a Q-Bert, but who is?

As a matter of fact, Mr. Cee can drop an EDM Classic House set that would leave your jaw dropped.

***sigh****

Kids these days.
DJ Alkemy 4:06 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
but in hindsight I dont think Cee would last 2 minutes with a crowd that wanted to hear some Indie Hip-Hop with some nice cuts n scratches. Horses for courses and all that.

Mr. Cee is one of the most DIVERSE DJ's out there. He not be a Q-Bert, but who is?

As a matter of fact, Mr. Cee can drop an EDM Classic House set that would leave your jaw dropped.

***sigh****

Kids these days.

I still dont think he would go down well with Indie Hip-Hop kids...and my jaw wouldnt be dropping with a EDM Classic House set cause I dont like that music...and I aint no kid son, Im 30.

***sigh***
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:07 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

***sigh****

Kids these days.

WOW i just had a vission of dude doin an EDM set.....YALL MUTHA FUCKERS READY FOR SOME HIGH ENERGY ...6 seconds of sandstrom....YALL KNOW YALL LOVE THIS SHIT....6 seconds of jay and jane.....IM THE BEST AT WHAT I DO....6 seconds of sunglasses at night
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:08 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
and I aint no kid son, Im 30.

***sigh***

No offense, but you're 30, shittin' on Mr. Cee?

C'mon son....

I mean, C'mon man....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:09 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:

WOW i just had a vission of dude doin an EDM set.....YALL MUTHA FUCKERS READY FOR SOME HIGH ENERGY ...6 seconds of sandstrom....YALL KNOW YALL LOVE THIS SHIT....6 seconds of jay and jane.....IM THE BEST AT WHAT I DO....6 seconds of sunglasses at night

Not even!

He was running some straight Jersey Joints one day, and I had to check my radio dial twice to make sure I was listening to Hot 97, and not 98.7 KISS Club Classics.
DJ Alkemy 4:10 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
and I aint no kid son, Im 30.

***sigh***

No offense, but you're 30, shittin' on Mr. Cee?

C'mon son....

I mean, C'mon man....

Am I really shittin on him, he just aint the style of DJ I like, simple and plain. I also even said that the crowd were hype and were responding to him and that he definately knows his crowd. You just chose which parts to quote to make it sound like I shit on him.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:13 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:

Am I really shittin on him, he just aint the style of DJ I like, simple and plain. I also even said that the crowd were hype and were responding to him and that he definately knows his crowd. You just chose which parts to quote to make it sound like I shit on him.

Ok, then lets be fair. You said he wouldn't do good with INDIE HipHop. That's from left field.

That's like going up to a DJ, that's GREAT in Top 40, and saying, "But he probably can't DJ Polka too well..."

What does INDIE have to do with what he's playing?

We KNOW what he's playing IS NOT REAL HIPHOP.....so....I don't understand the comparison.
DJ Alkemy 4:17 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, then lets be fair. You said he wouldn't do good with INDIE HipHop. That's from left field.

That's like going up to a DJ, that's GREAT in Top 40, and saying, "But he probably can't DJ Polka too well..."

What does INDIE have to do with what he's playing?

We KNOW what he's playing IS NOT REAL HIPHOP.....so....I don't understand the comparison.

Because I was making the point that his style in that video would annoy the shit outta me but obviously the crowd there like it and that the crowd I feel most at home with (Indie Hip-Hop) wouldnt be suited to him. Like I said, horses for courses. You just read too much into things...relax.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:20 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:

Because I was making the point that his style in that video would annoy the shit outta me but obviously the crowd there like it and that the crowd I feel most at home with (Indie Hip-Hop) wouldnt be suited to him. Like I said, horses for courses. You just read too much into things...relax.

Nah, I'm good...so you're saying he just wouldn't be good for YOUR CROWD. Which is fine.

And you MIGHT NOT be great for THAT CROWD, so it's an Even Steven.
DJ Alkemy 4:22 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Nah, I'm good...so you're saying he just wouldn't be good for YOUR CROWD. Which is fine.

And you MIGHT NOT be great for THAT CROWD, so it's an Even Steven.

Exactly :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:25 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:

Exactly :-)

So what was the point of your post again?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:25 PM - 22 March, 2010
lol....

j/k.
djaction 5:32 PM - 22 March, 2010
johnnyms are there any videos of him showing his "technical ability" on the wheels of steel?
Caramac 8:30 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
johnnyms are there any videos of him showing his "technical ability" on the wheels of steel?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Lol I know I'm not Johnny but my cousin was a masssssssiiiiivee Kane fan and had all the videos on VHS. Cee was on point back in the days. No lie there.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:52 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

Lol I know I'm not Johnny but my cousin was a masssssssiiiiivee Kane fan and had all the videos on VHS. Cee was on point back in the days. No lie there.

Thanks for the ASSIST!
CMOS 8:52 PM - 22 March, 2010
LOL how are yall judging from one 9 minute internet video.

This dude is a NYC legend. Dude was Kane's DJ. Yeah he aint really killing it with the technical shit, but that club is hyped for him. If you were in there you would probably be jockin him trying to get a picture in the booth, dont lie.

There are times when Mr. Cee goes IN on the radio at lunch man. Yall dont know.

People have no respect for veterans anymore.

I blame Oprah, she made everyone think they are important . lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:56 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:

This is the Absolute TRUTH. Mr. Cee can catch WRECK at times on the lunch break.
DJ 2GooD 9:04 PM - 22 March, 2010
Everyone has their own style. Some people have more than one.
Caramac 9:09 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:

I was all ready to argue with you but you killed it there. Lol.
the_black_one 9:26 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:

This dude is a NYC legend. Dude was Kane's DJ. Yeah he aint really killing it with the technical shit, but that club is hyped for him. If you were in there you would probably be jockin him trying to get a picture in the booth, dont lie.

Cmos.... your a cool kat in my book. I'm not talking about skills.I'm talking about TALKING! I personally would have walked out of that joint after 2 or 3 songs.Thats just me. I'm also not going to ass kiss someone just because they are older or because they were some oldschool rapers DJ.If one has skill i dont care where your from or who's DJ you were in the past. I will respect you regarless, but if you are a washed up kat that is living off your past and NOW YOU SUCK, then thats just reality. We live in the now and NOW to me he is horrible!
the_black_one 9:26 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:

Cmos.... your a cool kat in my book. I'm not talking about skills.I'm talking about TALKING! I personally would have walked out of that joint after 2 or 3 songs.Thats just me. I'm also not going to ass kiss someone just because they are older or because they were some oldschool rapers DJ.If one has skill i dont care where your from or who's DJ you were in the past. I will respect you regarless, but if you are a washed up kat that is living off your past and NOW YOU SUCK, then thats just reality. We live in the now and NOW to me he is horrible!
Dj Mike P. 10:31 PM - 22 March, 2010
You guys would REALY hate a Reggae party, but probably wouldn't say shit though. Why is everyone so pissed at how he's playing, he's obviously playing the way the crowd wants, I'm sure he's collecting a phat check too. I personally hate most the songs he played, but they love it, and his style.
djaction 10:39 PM - 22 March, 2010

faking the funk @ 1:23 lol
Caramac 10:47 PM - 22 March, 2010
Quote:
You guys would REALY hate a Reggae party, but probably wouldn't say shit though. Why is everyone so pissed at how he's playing, he's obviously playing the way the crowd wants, I'm sure he's collecting a phat check too. I personally hate most the songs he played, but they love it, and his style.

Selectors usually let you hear a verse before they talk, pull up, drop next tune etc.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:46 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
but if you are a washed up kat that is living off your past and NOW YOU SUCK, then thats just reality. We live in the now and NOW to me he is horrible!

So, you're saying he's sucks?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:50 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:

He's throwing in the "Awwwwww" part, not the other "scratches" ...

Y'all reachin.
djaction 12:57 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

He's throwing in the "Awwwwww" part, not the other "scratches" ...

Y'all reachin.

The "Awww" part is the part that's being scratched when he takes his hand off the record lol..

You've been saying this dude would decimate anyone on this forum in terms of raw skill on the 1's and 2's.. Those two videos didn't really prove that. Do you have any other videos of him that show off more of his technical ability?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:07 AM - 23 March, 2010
Dude, if you look at the vid, (and he was probably Scratch Synching Anyway), for purposes of the show, he releases the record, and it says "Awww", kinda like how Buffalo Gals did.

Those vids don't do justice, but let me tell you...

I TOO felt like y'all did...Ahh Mr. Cee ain't all that, I actually thought Flex could take him out for a min.

Until I HEARD HIM on the Lunchbreak one day, and was like WTF?

Is THIS Mr. Cee???

I didn't say he would decimate ANYONE on this forum, but I said he will WRECK MOST CATS on here on WAX in a straight up and down battle.

Most cats on here don't have the history to know how to rock Vinyl in a battle.

How many on here have Ultimate Break Beats (All Volumes) on vinyl on here?
djaction 1:17 AM - 23 March, 2010
I'm not questioning his knowledge or depth of music. Dude is like a walking library of music from all genres i.e. throwbacks at noon. Theres no doubt about that...

However, I think our definitions of battling are different... Since I've still yet to hear him baby scratch/crab/chirp/flare etc.. or hold an 8 bar blend on air.. whats he going to do? get on the mic and just drop heat after heat and slam mix? Not really impressive in a battle imo.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:19 AM - 23 March, 2010
So, you would battle him 1 on 1 on vinyl? No serato?
djaction 1:20 AM - 23 March, 2010
lol hells yes
djaction 1:22 AM - 23 March, 2010
entertaining / mic game? no.

more fuel for the fire:

Watchwww.youtube.com
djaction 1:25 AM - 23 March, 2010
@johnnym how as a veteran dj can you find that remotely watchable?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:25 AM - 23 March, 2010
Post a vid of you rocking' straight vinyl.

PS: Whatt's funny, is I've never heard Jazzy Jeff crab, flare, or do the fancy fader tricks of "today"....

So I wonder how many of y'all would battle HIM?
djaction 1:30 AM - 23 March, 2010
yes jeff is the perfect example. he deserves to be in the spotlight. juggles, scratches (yes nothing overly technical) but with insane cleanness and musicality... he is a DJ. and imo one of the best.

Mr. Cee? Entertainer.
djaction 1:31 AM - 23 March, 2010
hell if you read this thread youd see I posted 2 jeff videos in direct comparison to cee's set
djaction 1:32 AM - 23 March, 2010

thats what I posted back at the beginning of this thread
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:32 AM - 23 March, 2010
Also, think about it from a MONEY Making perspective.

Suppose you have the ability to take a crowd, and "train" them to only respond to YOUR style of DJ'ing.

I did it back in college. No other DJ's could TOUCH us, and they would play the EXACT same records, and people would be standing around like, "Yo, you should have got THE MOB" to do this party. This is whack."

So, he trains all of NY hood cats and chicks to only react to how they play.

That locks everybody else out.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:35 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
hell if you read this thread youd see I posted 2 jeff videos in direct comparison to cee's set

But that's what I'm sayin...

Cats on HERE aren't no more ready to battle MR. CEE as they would be to battle Jazzy Jeff.

You comparing them TO EACH OTHER is a moot point.

Cee isn't as skilled as Jeff, but I BET Jeff was listening to Mr. Cee's cuts on Kane's album growin up.
Djfrank49 1:37 AM - 23 March, 2010
I don't think he can scratch but as for blend and beatmatch he sure can do that just listen to the old school at noon and it's not just old hip hop it's any classic genre
DJ CISC0 1:41 AM - 23 March, 2010
On a non-DJ skill related note... For those who didn't know, Mister Cee was the one to discover Biggie and also produced the classic anthem Shake Dat Ass Girl.

Listen, Mister Cee rocks it with a style that probably only NY cats can understand or get down with....if you don't understand it then it's all good but don't try to knock it like he's wack or something.

.....now please don't put me on your resume...thanks I'm new!
djaction 1:42 AM - 23 March, 2010
He trains them to respond to how some random dude with a mic and ipod would sound? LOL. Seems like he's making it easy for the ipod dj's.

and I still gotta disagree about cee.. where is the proof of his skill? theres a billion jeff videos of him showcasing his talent. every cee video is him showcasing his ability to yell at the crowd and drop bangers.

and yes im trying desperately to find some clips from him on the oldschool at noon.. been a minute since i even turned to hot97 but i dont ever remember him impressing me like some of the more underrated cats on the radio (DJ Kut for instance)
djaction 1:44 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
On a non-DJ skill related note... For those who didn't know, Mister Cee was the one to discover Biggie and also produced the classic anthem Shake Dat Ass Girl.

+1 thats what he should be getting credit for
DJ CISC0 1:44 AM - 23 March, 2010
His old school at noon set is not that much different from those clips....but still dope based on his deep collection of hits.
djaction 1:46 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
His old school at noon set is not that much different from those clips....but still dope based on his deep collection of hits.

+1 again.. thats basically what i've been saying. his musical knowledge (OF ALL GENRES) is amazing.. but this is a DJ forum and in terms of dj'ing skills there are so many other dudes out there that put him to shame
DJ CISC0 1:53 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1 again.. thats basically what i've been saying. his musical knowledge (OF ALL GENRES) is amazing.. but this is a DJ forum and in terms of dj'ing skills there are so many other dudes out there that put him to shame
Yeah but there is a lot of DJs that still rock it with that type of style though....that alone takes some skill. Not technical, but more mic, selection, and timing skill.

It's like you have certain crowds that like this type of skill...and you have some that like the more technical skill.
DJ CISC0 1:54 AM - 23 March, 2010
And yes, DJ Kut is really underrated as a DJ. I haven't heard him in a while though.
jbnyc 2:16 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
I don't think he can scratch but as for blend and beatmatch he sure can do that just listen to the old school at noon and it's not just old hip hop it's any classic genre

sorry ive been listening to the old school at noon since red alert used to do it like back in 95, i like mr C's show and everything but he just drops a song after the other, he doesnt really blends or beatmatches at all, and he DOES TALK A LOT OF SHIT!!! lol i think it was cool when they were young (mr C and FMF) but now tht they over fourty and talking that reckless ghetto shit on the mic is kinda funny lol dude your grandkids are listening!!! hahahaha
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:00 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
And yes, DJ Kut is really underrated as a DJ. I haven't heard him in a while though.

That's funny, I really put Kut a notch higher than Mr. Cee...on a technical scale.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:04 AM - 23 March, 2010
Look, the DJ game is messed up all the way around. It's now THE NORM to do this "DJ Clue, yell in the mic, and drop" mess.

Unfortunately, that's NY's style now.

And YES, to me it's LAZY, or more of an "Entertainment" thing vs. a DJ thing.

But I"m TELLING YOU, (And yes, I'm searching for a what I would consider an "Instrumental" mix at noon) of Mr. Cee just ripping it, and not saying JACK.

I'm telling you, I had to check my radio dial twice, to believe it was him.

He actually had a VID on Hot97 of HIMSELF DJ'ing, live on the air, and it was pretty nice.

It was when they FIRST started putting vids on the site.

I can't find it now.
jbnyc 3:42 AM - 23 March, 2010
btw,who was doing the old school at noon today? it was like all 996 stuff, good shit!! dont think it was mr C! it was too quiet today lol
the_black_one 4:47 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Also, think about it from a MONEY Making perspective.

Suppose you have the ability to take a crowd, and "train" them to only respond to YOUR style of DJ'ing.

I did it back in college. No other DJ's could TOUCH us, and they would play the EXACT same records, and people would be standing around like, "Yo, you should have got THE MOB" to do this party. This is whack."

So, he trains all of NY hood cats and chicks to only react to how they play.

That locks everybody else out.

i with you on that! I a have my spots on lock because of the style that i bring to the table!
bill-e 5:14 AM - 23 March, 2010
damn, there's finally some sense bein thrown around here...makes this thread less entertaining now
the_black_one 5:21 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
damn, there's finally some sense bein thrown around here...makes this thread less entertaining now

Yeah!!!!! back to the madness!

He sucks!
the_black_one 5:21 AM - 23 March, 2010
^ :p
DJ GaFFle 12:09 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
...Cee isn't as skilled as Jeff, but I BET Jeff was listening to Mr. Cee's cuts on Kane's album growin up.

You'd probably lose that bet. Jeff was slayin' NY dj's and ALL DJ competition b4 Kane even had an album.

Quote:
and I still gotta disagree about cee.. where is the proof of his skill? theres a billion jeff videos of him showcasing his talent. every cee video is him showcasing his ability to yell at the crowd and drop bangers.

+1... I still respect him as a DJ and his days with Kane but like Janet said 'what have you done for us lately..?' I'm not in NY so I don't hear him on the radio daily.

Quote:

more fuel for the fire:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yea, that was teRRible. Why is his crowd always Blacked out in the videos? I want to see their dancing and facial reactions to his constant song interruptions. He's probably getting paid big loot to do 30-45 minute sets (his notoriety and radio presence commands it)... BUT you can't have a whole night of this type of garbage. I'm a DJ and I want to hear good music, innovative blends and song flow, not 90% yelling and comedic fodder.

I honestly believe he could easily rock the house for other types of crowds if he let the songs run. These videos are just snippets of what he does but I personally think this style of talk-sh!t-slam-n-drop-n-talk is WACK!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:25 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
...Cee isn't as skilled as Jeff, but I BET Jeff was listening to Mr. Cee's cuts on Kane's album growin up.

You'd probably lose that bet. Jeff was slayin' NY dj's and ALL DJ competition b4 Kane even had an album.!

Damn u.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:28 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
I'm a DJ and I want to hear good music, innovative blends and song flow, not 90% yelling and comedic fodder.

But you said it YOURSELF. You're A DJ,...99.9% of that crowd aren't DJ's, so they're NOT looking for what you're looking for.

A DJ is going to be another DJ's worst critic.

You have to step back and realize that THOSE PEOPLE EXPECT him to DJ that way.

He gets paid a GRIP, and does what he's known for.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 3:41 PM - 23 March, 2010
JOHNNYM if you find any of those old school at noon mixes be sure to post em. Im confident the Mr Cee is nicer on the tables then that.

Or do they stream them online or something??
sixxx 3:52 PM - 23 March, 2010
I had a video of God doing miracles. Now I can't find it. lol

But on the real, I peep this thread randomly and even though I haven't seen the video or videos of Mr Cee, according to those who have seen many of his videos, he does the same in each one. I've never liked the so called NY style of entertaining. Notice I didn't say DJing or mixing because I wouldn't consider it either.

But, my point is, let him be. If he's an entertainer, good for him.
DJ GaFFle 4:36 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:

But you said it YOURSELF. You're A DJ,...99.9% of that crowd aren't DJ's, so they're NOT looking for what you're looking for.

99% of the ladies I know would have made their way to the exit door after 10 minutes of this. What's left? Hard legs, hard-core groupies in VIP and an angry club owner.

Quote:
A DJ is going to be another DJ's worst critic.

True

Quote:
You have to step back and realize that THOSE PEOPLE EXPECT him to DJ that way.

He gets paid a GRIP, and does what he's known for.

They're programmed dummies and sheep then. Sure, he's got a name, following and radio but what he's doing on these videos is not creative, not innovative, not rhythmic... it's loudmouthed-button-pushing garbage and sets a bad precedence for people to follow. He's just scrolling down a playlist: [shift] left arrow, TALK, [shift] right arrow, TALK + TALK some more... that's boo boo in my book. He doesn't even need TTs from what I'm hearing on the videos...

Those videos someone posted above of Jazzy Jeff is how it should be done... PERIOD. What Mr. Cee is doing (on the videos) is wack in my opinion. I wonder if these video snippets are what he did the whole night or just for a very short set.
sixxx 5:10 PM - 23 March, 2010
I wondered about this too and completely agree.

Quote:
He doesn't even need TTs from what I'm hearing on the videos...

Ditto.

Quote:
I wonder if these video snippets are what he did the whole night or just for a very short set.
Vato_Rudo 5:52 PM - 23 March, 2010
boring & annoying.
DJUnknown 6:30 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Cee isn't as skilled as Jeff, but I BET Jeff was listening to Mr. Cee's cuts on Kane's album growin up.

I will take that bet, especially since Jeff is older than Mister Cee and Mr Cee didn't really come on the scene until 1988. Jazzy Jeff was relevant before then. Also, Jeff is about 45 years old, so in 1988 he would have been about 23 years old, that's a grown man. So let's think before we type, shall we :-)
DJUnknown 6:31 PM - 23 March, 2010
quote fail
the_black_one 9:02 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

You'd probably lose that bet. Jeff was slayin' NY dj's and ALL DJ competition b4 Kane even had an album.

Quote:

+1... I still respect him as a DJ and his days with Kane but like Janet said 'what have you done for us lately..?' I'm not in NY so I don't hear him on the radio daily.

Quote:

more fuel for the fire:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yea, that was teRRible. Why is his crowd always Blacked out in the videos? I want to see their dancing and facial reactions to his constant song interruptions. He's probably getting paid big loot to do 30-45 minute sets (his notoriety and radio presence commands it)... BUT you can't have a whole night of this type of garbage. I'm a DJ and I want to hear good music, innovative blends and song flow, not 90% yelling and comedic fodder.

I honestly believe he could easily rock the house for other types of crowds if he let the songs run. These videos are just snippets of what he does but I personally think this style of talk-sh!t-slam-n-drop-n-talk is WACK!

finally someone that fell the way i do
the_black_one 9:03 PM - 23 March, 2010
fell = feel
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:44 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
quote fail

Yes, let's PROOF READ before we quote.
the_black_one 9:48 PM - 23 March, 2010
serato suckers!!!! lol
Dj_Dropz_ 10:13 PM - 23 March, 2010
please dont tell me every dj in the east plays like this... now im saying this because of the video and previous post on the thread so dont come at me with the skills on the decks n what not... i saw the video and im putting my opinion on that style of djing and idont think dj's here in the west would be able to hold or even maintain a consistent crowd for the night like that... its like putting fatman scoop on the mic all night... good for a while but ppl will eventually get tired of his voice and away from the floor they go... plus from the video itself it looks like a straight sausage fest up in there... not hating i know what i saw in the vid...
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:20 PM - 23 March, 2010
after watching the vid again i think that was the perfect technique for that crowd, i didnt see a single girl in the crowd lol, when the guy to girl ratio is like 20 to 1 i dout mixing songs to dance too is the best route to go
Dj_Dropz_ 10:21 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:

more fuel for the fire:

aww damn just saw this video and idk how u can possibly get your groove on like this... u know da girl you dancing with will be cracking up with what mr cee's comments, BUT she would also like to get her boogy on.. haha
Joshua Carl 10:24 PM - 23 March, 2010
Its our jobs as peers, students of the game & fans of the craft to scrutinize.

we all know what we like.
we all know that the killer set at creamfields will get you shot at some gangsta
room.
a set like these (slam mixed, with most of the slams coming randomly) in a room
full of djs will get you no love.
full of drunk party folks will get you love.

now, I dont know who greenlit this campaign amoung club folks.
personally, when Im out, and if im on the floor...I HAAAAAATE that shit.
mic. when dudes get on the mic about some nonesense?
self-fufilling ego shit... everyone look at me... stfu and do ur job.
I dont want to hear your shit, get off your soapbox, I already know your name,
I know your cliq... thats not why I came here...thats not why anyone came there.
sure, get on the mic... point out the big-titty bitch, hype us up...
but unless your changing your name to MC _______, then get to DJ'ing.

Ive done a few nights where I was the GOOSE in this situation.
the dude before me... playing tracks for 10-15 seconds... slam slam slam.
i purposely said to myself..Im gonna watch floor, study it, so I can know
if I am in fact doing the right thing... the floor had its subtle reactions to
certain drops... girls certainly got pissed dropping out of songs they want to
hear... but most it was like it was like they were constantly waiting for something.
something that never showed up...
when I went on, I kept the crowd dancing happy... but some of the djs boys were giving me shit after... and I was for lack of better terms mixing on the quick...
not slamming... but faster than usual... I didnt touch the mic... becuase I watched
everyone on the floor cringe everytime they got on it... and everytime: music gone.
KILL the dancefloor. KILLED! and cuts were non-existant... not even a chirp.

its just someone somewhere trained people that this is hot.
but even talking to dancers, owners, bouncers, bartenders... ive yet to hear
ONE PERSON sing this styles praises...even people at the events, are like ehh
its whatever...

its like back in 99 when someone greenlit playing def leopard & Bon jovi in the club?
thats a damn hairband song, and shouldnt be in the club (top40)... look at it now.
Dj_Dropz_ 10:35 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Its our jobs as peers, students of the game & fans of the craft to scrutinize.

we all know what we like.
we all know that the killer set at creamfields will get you shot at some gangsta
room.
full of djs will get you no love.
full of drunk party folks will get you love.

now, I dont know who greenlit this campaign amoung club folks.
personally, when Im out, and if im on the floor...I HAAAAAATE that shit.
mic. when dudes get on the mic about some nonesense?
self-fufilling ego shit... everyone look at me... stfu and do ur job.
I dont want to hear your shit, get off your soapbox, I already know your name,
I know your cliq... thats not why I came here...thats not why anyone came there.
sure, get on the mic... point out the big-titty bitch, hype us up...
but unless your changing your name to MC _______, then get to DJ'ing.

Ive done a few nights where I was the GOOSE in this situation.
the dude before me... playing tracks for 10-15 seconds... slam slam slam.
i purposely said to myself..Im gonna watch floor, study it, so I can know
if I am in fact doing the right thing... the floor had its subtle reactions to
certain drops... girls certainly got pissed dropping out of songs they want to
hear... but most it was like it was like they were constantly waiting for something.
something that never showed up...
when I went on, I kept the crowd dancing happy... but some of the djs boys were giving me shit after... and I was for lack of better terms mixing on the quick...
not slamming... but faster than usual... I didnt touch the mic... becuase I watched
everyone on the floor cringe everytime they got on it... and everytime: music gone.
KILL the dancefloor. KILLED! and cuts were non-existant... not even a chirp.

its just someone somewhere trained people that this is hot.
but even talking to dancers, owners, bouncers, bartenders... ive yet to hear
ONE PERSON sing this styles praises...even people at the events, are like ehh
its whatever...

its like back in 99 when someone greenlit playing def leopard & Bon jovi in the club?
thats a damn hairband song, and shouldnt be in the club (top40)... look at it now.

damn it was a long read but couldnt agree more... lol and that bon jovi in the club?? lol but soo true
sixxx 10:46 PM - 23 March, 2010
I still haven't seen the video(s), and every time I read about what's on the video(s), makes me wanna watch it less.
Dj_Dropz_ 10:49 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

more fuel for the fire:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

SIXXX im making it easy for you... lol
pdidy 10:54 PM - 23 March, 2010
I am not a Dj. Mr. Cee fan or hater but these are some facts i personally no about him.
We met in the early 90s an had a dj battle at my crib on wax.
1. He can do all your basic scratches well (old school)
2. flawless blending
3. transforming
4. juggling
5. incredible record knowledge
6. can trick mix, ie. spin around, behind the back.....all the old school tricks.
7. his quick mix hardcore mic thing is a segment of his entire set (approx 45min) when hes playin long sets or the hole party.
8. never seen him trainwreck in the 6-8 parties ive been at. his crowds like his style.
DJUnknown 11:04 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
quote fail

LOL I couldn't let that Jeff comment slide, Johnny, I know you know better, it's all good though.
the_black_one 11:12 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
I still haven't seen the video(s), and every time I read about what's on the video(s), makes me wanna watch it less.

pura basura en el video!
sporty james 11:53 PM - 23 March, 2010
you dont have to respect mr cee, but your favorite dj does so its whatever......
the_black_one 11:57 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
you dont have to respect mr cee, but your favorite dj does so its whatever......

edm dj- Danny Tenaglia
hip hop dj - Revolution
sixxx 12:37 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

more fuel for the fire:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

SIXXX im making it easy for you... lol

Thanks. Will watch this when I'm not on the road. Hopefully this thread will make sense to me now. I mean, the responses in it.
agentorange 1:03 AM - 24 March, 2010
Watchwww.youtube.com

check that out.
DJ GaFFle 1:16 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

check that out.

Damn...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:18 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
quote fail

LOL I couldn't let that Jeff comment slide, Johnny, I know you know better, it's all good though.

Yeah, I know...lol.

It's all good...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:20 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

edm dj- Danny Tenaglia
hip hop dj - Revolution

I betchu Revolution has nothing but praise for Mr. Cee.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:21 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
I am not a Dj. Mr. Cee fan or hater but these are some facts i personally no about him.
2. flawless blending
3. transforming
4. juggling
6. can trick mix, ie. spin around, behind the back.....all the old school tricks.
7. his quick mix hardcore mic thing is a segment of his entire set (approx 45min) when hes playin long sets or the hole party.
8. never seen him trainwreck in the 6-8 parties ive been at. his crowds like his style.

So who won the battle?
DJUnknown 1:28 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

check that out.

Wow, I got to the first rap line and couldn't take it anymore, surprised I made it that far,
pdidy 1:32 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
2. flawless blending
3. transforming
4. juggling

So who won the battle?

we were equal in scratching and juggling but he beat me in turntable trick mixing. we were using wax, 1200s, gli 9000 mixer.
Dj_Dropz_ 1:58 AM - 24 March, 2010

WOW... nothing to do with the thread but damn thats terrible...
bill-e 5:01 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:

WOW... nothing to do with the thread but damn thats terrible...

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:21 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2. flawless blending
3. transforming
4. juggling

So who won the battle?

we were equal in scratching and juggling but he beat me in turntable trick mixing. we were using wax, 1200s, gli 9000 mixer.

Props for battling a Pioneer!
DJ Mr. $ 1:03 PM - 24 March, 2010
anyone who listens to hot 97 dont sleep on Bobby Trends.
sixxx 1:34 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2. flawless blending
3. transforming
4. juggling

So who won the battle?

Is that like Pioneer the brand name? Otherwise, why the caps? :P
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2. flawless blending
3. transforming
4. juggling

So who won the battle?

Is that like Pioneer the brand name? Otherwise, why the caps? :P

Because Mr. Cee IS a brand name!
sixxx 2:23 PM - 24 March, 2010
?
sixxx 2:26 PM - 24 March, 2010
Can someone please find footage of this so called Brand Name? I don't mean the wack footage that has been posted (and no, I haven't seen it but going by the vast majority of the post, everyone pretty much agrees that it's wack).

I don't want to see what has been posted and be disappointed. Thanks
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:30 PM - 24 March, 2010
****sigh****
sixxx 2:33 PM - 24 March, 2010
Don't sigh. What I mean is, I want to see footage of DJ skills - what has been talked about by only a handful of people here, not just some entertainment skills. You know? No disrespect to Mr. Cee.
sweetL 2:52 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
This is not mr cee's techinique. This style has been used by dancehall sound sytems for years. Mr Cee just borrowed it..

i think OP used 'technique' in the descriptive, not in the possessive...
victor_M 3:04 PM - 24 March, 2010
I think he does a little bit of scratching on this song.
Watchwww.youtube.com

I agree with most people. He needs to mix more and top talking. He does this on the radio and it's annoying as hell...(Yes MR. CEE we know you roll wit big dog pit bulls...please don't say it anymore!!).

His knowledge of Hip hop (old joints), Reggae (Rockers). Is the best I've ever seen.

However he does get a little bit of a pass for putting Biggie on.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:27 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

check that out.

I don't appreciate the thread jack with that mess!

Zimbabwe IS IN THE BUILDING!!
DeezNotes 5:04 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Don't sigh. What I mean is, I want to see footage of DJ skills - what has been talked about by only a handful of people here, not just some entertainment skills. You know? No disrespect to Mr. Cee.

I'd like to see this too. I'm pretty sure he's a dope DJ. It would be really dope to see or hear footage of him flexing his skills or knowledge of music.
Dj Fantom 9:15 AM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:

yep that pretty much sums it up. only thing i didnt like in that vid is the part where he ask what part of queens runs it and he shouts out dude saying brooklyn. ... that spot is in queens and he has the crowd rilled up with " gangsta music" thats how "brooklyn/queens fights" start .... Mr. Cee is a beast tho and has been before half these wanabe djs was even born . much respect
jbnyc 8:02 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Yes MR. CEE we know you roll wit big dog pit bulls...please don't say it anymore!!).

+1111
DeezNotes 6:02 PM - 26 March, 2010
I listened to the 12pm mix today. He did an Eazy E tribute since today is the day of his death. I recorded it just in case somebody wanted to hear a mix since this thread blew up so big. There's nothing special outside of track selection in this particular mix IMO. He doesn't yell obnoxiously or anything like that. Maybe 1 or 2 blends, but mostly just drop mixing. If anything it's good for the nostalgia alone. I'll post it up if yall want. Since it was on the radio, I'm guessing Cee wouldn't have a problem with it?
Dj Koppa Top 1:15 PM - 27 March, 2010
Doing it all, scratching, mixing and still hyping the crowd. GREAT PERFORMANCE. Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Alkemy 5:17 PM - 27 March, 2010
Quote:
Doing it all, scratching, mixing and still hyping the crowd. GREAT PERFORMANCE. Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

But that aint Mr.Cee??
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:43 PM - 27 March, 2010
Quote:
Doing it all, scratching, mixing and still hyping the crowd. GREAT PERFORMANCE. Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

I don't think he could hold down that Hood spot though....
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 9:20 PM - 27 March, 2010
Quote:
Doing it all, scratching, mixing and still hyping the crowd. GREAT PERFORMANCE. Watchwww.youtube.com

He was rockin the hell outta those 13 year olds!

Not sure what that had to do with this discussion though.
Caramac 4:58 PM - 28 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

But that aint Mr.Cee??

Glad it wasn't just me thinking this. Lol.
Vato_Rudo 7:22 PM - 28 March, 2010
hahahaha! yeah, that vid had it all - justin bieber stalkers, a raving lizard, and a gang of cheesy tunes!
Teknision 11:57 PM - 28 March, 2010
He's not DJing he's playing songs.I'm from NY and this is not way we ROCK!! but i don't hang in spots that play that wack radio rap. REAL HIP HOP PLEASE STAND UP!!
Djfrank49 12:05 AM - 29 March, 2010
i stopped watching when i seen braces and the words bieber being screamed at me i then threw up and felt a little violated thinking that had something to do with Mr. Cee
DJ GaFFle 12:50 AM - 29 March, 2010
Quote:
I stopped watching when I saw braces and the words Bieber being screamed at me. I then threw up and felt a little violated thinking that had something to do with Mr. Cee.

Fixed

Quote:
Quote:

+1 He had a nice set.
Vato_Rudo 1:26 PM - 29 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
I stopped watching when I saw braces and the words Bieber being screamed at me. I then threw up and felt a little violated thinking that had something to do with Mr. Cee.

Fixed

Quote:
Quote:

+1 He had a nice set.

lol how so?
DJ GaFFle 4:06 PM - 29 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed

Quote:
Quote:

+1 He had a nice set.

lol how so?

Crowd reaction, his energy, decent scratches and overall flow. I would have gotten tired of listening to all those 'over normalized' dance tracks but he kept things moving. I would bet less than 5 of those 5000+ fans had any complaints.
Vato_Rudo 6:01 PM - 29 March, 2010
i wasnt feeling it.
DJ GaFFle 7:11 PM - 29 March, 2010
Quote:
i wasnt feeling it.

I can understand that BUT if you were paid let's say $850 for 30 minutes to be the opening DJ for a J. Bieber concert, how would you sound? Would you consider this performance a success?
DJ GaFFle 7:23 PM - 29 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
i wasnt feeling it.

I can understand that BUT if you were paid let's say $850 for 30 minutes to be the opening DJ for a J. Bieber concert, how would you sound? Would you consider this performance a success?

[topic]... just imagine Mr. Cee's 6-second technique being used with those kids at that concert.
Vato_Rudo 7:57 PM - 29 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
i wasnt feeling it.

like the sound of bass destruction. no.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 3:40 PM - 30 March, 2010
Quote:
[topic]... just imagine Mr. Cee's 6-second technique being used with those kids at that concert.

Mr Cee:
Song: Ruff Ryder Anthem....cuts it off........"We in Brooklyn, get your fuckin hands up for Justin Bieber you bitches!"...*throws in* Jigga My Nigga.

I would love to see that! Teens cryin, parents gettin up and walkin out.
Vato_Rudo 4:58 PM - 30 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Mr Cee:
Song: Ruff Ryder Anthem....cuts it off........"We in Brooklyn, get your fuckin hands up for Justin Bieber you bitches!"...*throws in* Jigga My Nigga.

hahaha that would be hilarious!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:22 PM - 30 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Mr Cee:

It would most likely be the PARENTS walking out, those kids would be doin' the stankly leg like a mug....
sacrilicious 7:35 PM - 30 March, 2010
Yeah, Cee's technique might actually work better with the ADD youth.
DJ GaFFle 7:43 PM - 30 March, 2010
Quote:
Yeah, Cee's technique might actually work better with the ADD youth.

LoL
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:39 PM - 30 March, 2010
lol then you hear those same kids growing up and going to clubs saying.."that dj sucked be kept squishing songs together with no gaps to yell and he was letting songs play out waaayyyy to long, he must had some extended version of ruff ryders anthem cause the original only has 6 words"
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:39 PM - 30 March, 2010
Quote:
i started wacking when i seen braces and the words bieber being screamed at me i then threw up and felt a little violated thinking that had something to do with Mr. Cee

fixxxed it
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:24 PM - 31 March, 2010
Quote:
It would most likely be the PARENTS walking out, those kids would be doin' the stankly leg like a mug....

Lol. Your probably right
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:07 PM - 4 April, 2011
Bump. The finisher might be finished.
agentorange 7:37 PM - 4 April, 2011
hope not. without a doubt, cee is def on my top5 list of best djs.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:39 PM - 4 April, 2011
I know man this is buggin me out.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:40 PM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
hope not. without a doubt, cee is def on my top5 list of best....

You forgot the No homo....

For those late to the party... diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com
jbnyc 7:45 PM - 4 April, 2011
Today he played some dope songs but he was screaming like an idiot and braging about what clubs he dj'ed at and shit, i liked him before but i think he sucks now,nothing but baby scratches and slaming songs...
SELECT 7:48 PM - 4 April, 2011
WOW.
SELECT 7:48 PM - 4 April, 2011
Getting head in the whip without crashin it... by a dude. Fuckin gross man.
bicedidit 7:57 PM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
Today he played some dope songs but he was screaming like an idiot and braging about what clubs he dj'ed at and shit, i liked him before but i think he sucks now,nothing but baby scratches and slaming songs...

but thats always been cee's style.

his blends are always fcuking dope tho!!!!!!!!!!!
CMOS 8:06 PM - 4 April, 2011
So thats why they call him The Finisher.
jbnyc 9:18 PM - 4 April, 2011
I dont agree with you bicedidit, and his blends are aight only,i see dudes in clubs 10 times better and more creative and i didnt know about the head by a dude FUCKING NASTY!

Pam parapam pam pam THE CHAMP IS HERE! Lol
sacrilicious 9:37 PM - 4 April, 2011
OH NO HE'S GAY!

...get over it.
RogerRabbit 10:52 PM - 4 April, 2011
I think it's just a malicious rumor - but anything is possible these days..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:36 PM - 4 April, 2011
EWWW.....

Oh no...
sixxx 11:42 PM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
So thats why they call him The Finisher.

hahaha
sixxx 11:42 PM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
OH NO HE'S GAY!

...get over it.

lol
dj_craigmac 12:44 AM - 5 April, 2011
I wonder will the "BIG DOGGS and PITBULLS still let him roll after this. lol
RogerRabbit 12:51 AM - 5 April, 2011
I just saw it on the msn page and the ny daily news page - Damm maybe there is some truth to this...
O.B.1 12:57 AM - 5 April, 2011
hey, road head is road head... (no homo)
lvmez 1:31 AM - 5 April, 2011
it's the truth. not the first time he got caught. he was busted last year loitering as well.

fudge packer.
DJ Ness Nice 1:36 AM - 5 April, 2011
and wendy williams put put em on blast bout that back in 2007...
sacrilicious 2:19 AM - 5 April, 2011
Still amazed a public figure being gay is such a big deal in 2011. Hip hop is wildly homophobic I guess.
DJ CISC0 2:25 AM - 5 April, 2011
Wow!
Mike_P 2:32 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Still amazed a public figure being gay is such a big deal in 2011. Hip hop is wildly homophobic I guess.

i feel ya. (NH) lol but i think the problem is that he was found getting head from a male PROSTITUTE. i got no problem with people being gay. i have gay friends and family members. but the whole paying for a cracked out BJ thing is really disgusting.
jbnyc 2:40 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
OH NO HE'S GAY!

...get over here!!

GROSS!!
djvtyme85 2:54 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Not all Djs in NY play like that. Mr. Cee was droppin NY hood anthems for a NY hood crowd, it works. He couldnt do that in Vegas for example. Im sure if you caught him in another state he would still be rocking the mic, but not at that extreme.

On the other hand I listen to hot 97 in NY all the time where all these Djs play and most of the time they are very WACK. No skill whatsoever. Sorry, now every DJ there uses the same sound effect to slam every song in or some weak baby scratch. Not one, one attempt to mix a track. On top of that cutting off songs at the wrong time like in the middle of a verse. Its pretty bad that this sort of style has gotten completely out of hand! Alot of new jack Djs think this is the way to do it. I had one kid tell me one time that he couldnt play with my setup cause I didnt have sound effects, lol. Then I watched him play one time and he couldnt mix at all, no really he said that wasnt his style and never learned to mix. He just used sound effects to transition every song.

Dont get me wrong I rock the mic heavy when I play for certain crowds, but I also show some talent on the decks. Really ANYONE can play like like Mr. Cee if you know your records. The MCn is a different story.

One last thing MIXING is hip hop, blends and mashups didnt come out of no where. Just watch JAZZY JEFF, thats a real HIP HOP DJ!

+1

I'm a blend and mix man myself but my Pops the guy who put me on the tables has 30 years in the game he doesnt beat match at all. My uncles showed me how to blend chi town style house later on in my earlier years... so in the end (to this day actually) I switch between both styles...My Pops said "its all about transition. you can chop but you have to master finding the climax and matching tempos and speed." Basically you create the illusion and effect of a blend for the crowd without the technical input as a DJ. A lot of great HipHop and Top40 djs have done this for years. It's all about timing and what your crowd responds to (and what you have time to pull off). But hey there is new generation and now our audience is looking for effects bc they hear them everywhere so i dunno whatever floats ya boat.

#mytwocents
RogerRabbit 2:57 AM - 5 April, 2011
^^ someone is trying to change the subject lol..
DJ CISC0 2:57 AM - 5 April, 2011
Here is Funkmaster Flexs response to the Mister Cee thing:

www.worldstarhiphop.com
djvtyme85 3:08 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
^^ someone is trying to change the subject lol..

yea cause i don't give shit about cee whatever the hell homeboy or anyone else does....cause between Eddie Murphy, Mase, Diddy (fuck it the whole badboy), Teddy Pendergrass, Lil Wanye & Baby....and long list of others...u know them boys is fidgety as hell i aint trying to hear that shit u only giving it more attention...lol

but i will discuss spinning records and skills on the 1&2s with yall

this reminds me of a Boondocks episode "Gangsterlicious"
lvmez 3:18 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

i agree with you, but if you listen to hot97, they are very anti-gay. So the fact that someone got busted and is denying it is funny.
dj_craigmac 3:28 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

www.worldstarhiphop.com

What the HELL is he talkin about?
DJ CISC0 3:36 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.worldstarhiphop.com

I was wondering the same thing but then I heard this clip.
www.worldstarhiphop.com
Keep in mind that they are all on the same station...Flex wasn't feeling the morning crew going in on Mr Cee (pause).
DJ Ness Nice 3:44 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

www.worldstarhiphop.com

www.worldstarhiphop.com
Keep in mind that they are all on the same station...Flex wasn't feeling the morning crew going in on Mr Cee (pause).

thats the thing, there not all on the same station.. flex and mr cee on hot97... charlamane angela yee and dj envy (morning show) is on power 105.. but dj envy USED to be on hot 97 with flex and cee, as well as dj clue (power105) was on hot97 in the past, flex and clue stay takin shots at each other, they have the same weekday timeslot and flex has always been #1 clue is always #2 or #3 so flex always likes to remind every1 of that.. so flex basically sayin he bout to lose some friends if they keep talkin..
dj_craigmac 3:44 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

www.worldstarhiphop.com

www.worldstarhiphop.com
Keep in mind that they are all on the same station...Flex wasn feeling the morning crew going down on Mr Cee (pause).

Oh really??? lol j/k. That somewhat clears it up a little bit.
sacrilicious 3:53 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i agree with you, but if you listen to hot97, they are very anti-gay. So the fact that someone got busted and is denying it is funny.

Notable outings of that past suggest that the most vehemently anti-gay hate spouters are closeted gays.
sacrilicious 3:53 AM - 5 April, 2011
*of the past
DJ CISC0 3:54 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

thats the thing, there not all on the same station.. flex and mr cee on hot97... charlamane angela yee and dj envy (morning show) is on power 105.

Oh yeah you're right. My bad...I lose track since I don't listen to them on the regular like that. I keep forgetting envy is not on hot97 anymore.
DJ Alkemy 8:44 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

www.worldstarhiphop.com

He really is a tool. "Hit that bomb, turn that bomb off"..."I know everything that moves in the building"..."I know what goes on in the evenings"..."turn that bomb on"....WHAT...A....TOOL!
MelonHead 11:39 AM - 5 April, 2011
"What do you think of Mr Cee's technique?"

i don't know.. you tell me:

www.sipslow.com
bicedidit 12:45 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
I dont agree with you bicedidit, and his blends are aight only,i see dudes in clubs 10 times better and more creative and i didnt know about the head by a dude FUCKING NASTY!

Pam parapam pam pam THE CHAMP IS HERE! Lol

mr cee would blend songs that i didnt know acapella were available. ur right as far as other djs being more creative but mr. cee seemed to have access to acapellas that were unreleased, which makes for dope blends imo
DJ GaFFle 1:43 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1

I'm a butt and d!ck man myself but my Pops the guy who put me on the tables has 30 years in the game he doesnt beat off at all... I switch between both... My Pops said "its all about transsexuals. you can chop but you have to masterbate finding your climax..." ...so i dunno whatever floats ya boat.

#mytwocents

Man... this thread has definitely taken a new direction. (<--- No misquote) :-P

For real though... I didn't know Mr. Cee had this drama. Regardless of his personal life, his quick mix style is still wack to me.
bustamove 1:59 PM - 5 April, 2011
Lets see, it couldnt happen to a better person. This guys is an obnoxious ego maniac who touts himself as one of the greatest DJs ever. He talks more shit than any other Dj in the history of radio. People who meet this guy all say the same thing, hes an asshole. The gay thing is really not that big of a deal to me if he is. Just the fact that he acts like the complete opposite is really funny.
DJ GaFFle 2:00 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Lets see, it couldnt happen to a better person. This guys is an obnoxious ego maniac who touts himself as one of the greatest DJs ever. He talks more shit than any other Dj in the history of radio. People who meet this guy all say the same thing, hes an asshole. The gay thing is really not that big of a deal to me if he is. Just the fact that he acts like the complete opposite is really funny.

Are you talking about Mr. Cee or Funk Flex?
jbnyc 2:12 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Are you talking about Mr. Cee or Funk Flex?

I think he was talking about mr cee but it fits for both! Lol dont get me wrong,back in the early 90's flex was the hottest thing in the radio but for the past 5 years all his trash talking and his "im the hottest dj" its
Played out! I hate to say this but most of the hotteat dj's in NY are there for their mic game than their spinning game :( cipha sounds,flex,cee,envy damn even clue mixes like shit and makes more mistakes than lindsey lohan! Lol
dj_ys 2:15 PM - 5 April, 2011
Haters gonna hate

img245.imageshack.us
bicedidit 2:26 PM - 5 April, 2011
i met flex a couple times. arrogant asshole!!
MelonHead 3:33 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
i met flex a couple times. arrogant asshole!!

is dat right?
bustamove 3:42 PM - 5 April, 2011
Some people cant stand to hear the truth. If he were a cool dude and a great DJ then people would actually feel sorry for him, but since hes not, it is what it is. Hating is a weak excuse because you cant justify anything else. Id feel really bad if this were someone like Jazzy Jeff for example.

The war between power 105 and hot 97 has just begun.

Be free Mr. Cee, Be free, be free Mr. Cee be FREE.. lol!!!!!!!!
www.worldstarhiphop.com

YIKES-
www.vladtv.com
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 3:44 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
www.worldstarhiphop.com

They jus started some shit with that. Playin "Im Commin Out"! " Be free Mister Cee, be free. I can't imagine the crazy tension walkin around those offices in NY right now.
bustamove 3:50 PM - 5 April, 2011
The response from 105 lol-

www.vladtv.com
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 3:51 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
YIKES-
www.vladtv.com

Yikes indeed! I've never understood that. Either your gay or straight. Whats the deal with gettin with a dude dressed like a girl.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:02 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
The response from 105 lol-

www.vladtv.com

wow! I have something to keep me entertained at work today.
dj_craigmac 4:24 PM - 5 April, 2011
What i take away from all of this is new york has some mean spirited on air personalities from wendy williams all th way to funk flex

We totally forgot what the origin of this thread was about. lol
bustamove 4:34 PM - 5 April, 2011
Nah its just entertainment and Egos really. NY had only one real hip hop station for a long time and now these other stations are gaining on em. Egos are getting bruised.

For the record NY has some very good radio DJs. Pulse 87.7 has real Djs on air, none of that record slamming, trash talkin, sound effect transitions all night. Watchwww.youtube.com
Audio1 10:43 PM - 5 April, 2011
tomd05 11:03 PM - 5 April, 2011
a good dj should do 95% of the work with his hands and 5% with a mic..or just 100% with the hands! lol
O.B.1 11:05 PM - 5 April, 2011
no hands?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:12 PM - 5 April, 2011

Shots fired.

MAN DOWN.
DJ GaFFle 11:19 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

Shots fired.

MAN DOWN.

LOL! He's done...
jbnyc 11:22 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

Shots fired.

MAN DOWN.

lol
DJ GaFFle 11:35 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
On a non-DJ skill related note... For those who didn't know, Mister Cee was the one to discover Biggie and also produced the classic anthem Shake Dat Ass Girl...

If Biggie was still alive, this would be his reaction: i52.tinypic.com
RogerRabbit 11:50 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Shots fired.

MAN DOWN.

LOL! He's done...

Wow!!
*Hears Charlamagne singing now* - "Be free mr cee, be free..."
DJ GaFFle 11:50 PM - 5 April, 2011
bill-e 2:05 AM - 6 April, 2011
lol flexhogan
jbnyc 3:15 AM - 6 April, 2011
i dont think envy should talk trash since his pussy ass didnt want to fight star!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:10 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
i dont think envy should talk trash since his pussy ass didnt want to fight star!!!

OMG, could you IMAGINE what Star and Bucwild would be DOING with this kind of ammo?
Ruffrob 12:19 PM - 6 April, 2011
We're living in the age of forgiveness for public figures caught up in sex scandals. Tiger Woods ,sportscaster Marv Albert ,Lakers star Kobe Bryant and the list goes on. The general rule wait til the sh*t blows over,and the attention is on someone else,and you can slowly regain the public trust and those pesky endorsements !!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:30 PM - 6 April, 2011
Nah, man. HipHop has a certain Masculine stigma to it. Now they ALL may gay as hell, but the FRONT that they put up is all Testosterone. Mr. Cee isn't admitting or DENYING anything, and those that are holding on the image of Cee actually RESPRESENTING A SIGNIFICANT PART of HipHop are bascially waiting for him to say SOMETHING. If he DOESN'T say something, and it blows over, we can hang on to that "Old" memory, but the minute he ADMITS (either via court or self admittance), that he had old boy washin' his baloney, that will be the new thing he stands for.

Damn shame.
Ruffrob 12:37 PM - 6 April, 2011
So true,Johnny ...Damn Shame
jbnyc 12:56 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

OMG, could you IMAGINE what Star and Bucwild would be DOING with this kind of ammo?

HA! Star has no mercy! I want him back in NY!
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:02 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Mr. Cee isn't admitting or DENYING anything, and those that are holding on the image of Cee actually RESPRESENTING A SIGNIFICANT PART of HipHop are bascially waiting for him to say SOMETHING.

Thats what im sayin?! We need like a little hip hop hood press conferance. What's really the deal Cee!
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:04 PM - 6 April, 2011
Oh yeah and I guess I should say no homo on the name of this thread.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:11 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Mr. Cee isn't admitting or DENYING anything, and those that are holding on the image of Cee actually RESPRESENTING A SIGNIFICANT PART of HipHop are bascially waiting for him to say SOMETHING.

Thats what im sayin?! We need like a little hip hop hood press conferance. What's really the deal Cee!

lol i was thinking he was gonna use the, man i didnt know it was a dude defence, then i see the pic....hell hed lose credibitilty with me even if that reallyu WAS a chick
SELECT 4:19 PM - 6 April, 2011
Damn this is so crazy. I mean C'mon son, he knew that was dude it aint hard to tell.

Be free Mr. Cee.. Be free... LOL.
Audio1 4:33 PM - 6 April, 2011
Audio1 4:37 PM - 6 April, 2011
The irony is he used to yell "FUCK THE BATTYMAN".... and he's been BATTY this entire time. I am not going to Judge Mister Cee for being a dude who loves getting his cock swallowed by trannies. I think it makes him look worse not being who he really is. If he said "Im Gay" or even "I'm Bi-Sexual", He would have more respect from people. The bottom line (no misquote) is, You can't live 2 different lives and expect them not to come to the surface at some point (no misquote). It must be psychologically troubling for him, but making it seem like it never happened when he has been arrested twice already for soliciting trannies, It's not a good look.

Still, Mister Cee is THE FINISHER. That has so many meanings now. I wonder if the cop let him FINISH. On that note: youtu.be
StreetFighta 4:45 PM - 6 April, 2011
pdidy 5:04 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
a good dj should do 95% of the work with his hands and 5% with a mic..or just 100% with the hands! lol

a real dj knows this is bs.
SELECT 6:08 PM - 6 April, 2011
Is this Mr. Cee's new artist?
www.funnyordie.com
CMOS 6:16 PM - 6 April, 2011
I heard Mr. Cee told that dude:

"let me finish on you"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:43 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

See? We're waiting for it to blow over, and him not admit anything...

But I'm sayin...

The minute he DOES admit it, or he's under oath, and someone puts it out there...

It's a wrap.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:46 AM - 7 April, 2011

Audio1, you are KILLING IT.

OMG @ THAT FACEBOOK PAGE OF DUDE....

i.cdn.turner.com
dj poisonous handz 4:12 AM - 7 April, 2011
heard hes touring with this dude as we speak Watchwww.youtube.com
RogerRabbit 4:33 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

See? We're waiting for it to blow over, and him not admit anything...

But I'm sayin...

The minute he DOES admit it, or he's under oath, and someone puts it out there...

It's a wrap.

Cee - Ain't admitting anything... I just listened to flex tonight and he was going hard for mr Cee - as far as he is concerned, Cee is innocent and was set up by NYPD... And Cee is going to be at club Rebel this weekend and Flex said he will be right there with him Repping for the Big Dogs PitBulls... *Bomb drop - Bomb drop*....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:52 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
as far as he is concerned, Cee is innocent and was set up by NYPD...

Man, I hope that ain't his defense...

His best, (allbeit STILL WHACK) defense is to say he didn't KNOW it was a dude...and that the picture they TOOK of dude was after all the makeup was removed....

But still, shopping for prostitutes 2 blocks from the Holland Tunnel?

C'mon son.
Ruffrob 12:03 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

His best, (allbeit STILL WHACK) defense is to say he didn't KNOW it was a dude...and that the picture they TOOK of dude was after all the makeup was removed....

C'mon son.

I so agree,if he could pay for a prostitute,he could pay for a hotel room.....son
dj poisonous handz 12:29 PM - 7 April, 2011
big daddy kane must be in tears!
SELECT 12:56 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

I know, Mr. Cee just did the "ladyboy remix" to "I get the job done".
got2b Ru 2:13 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

"the Big Daddy law is anti-faggot!"
-Big Daddy Kane - Pimpin Ain't Easy
dj_rome 3:28 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

C'mon son.

I so agree,if he could pay for a prostitute,he could pay for a hotel room.....son

Word! The title of this thread took on a whole new meaning...and I don't approve of his 'technique'....

- Rome
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:33 PM - 7 April, 2011
i think everyones missing the BIGGER picture

HOW LONG TILL THIS HE-SHE BECOMES A CELEBRITY DJ???
jbnyc 3:49 PM - 7 April, 2011
There you go! Thats the chance for your reality show beezle! Lol
SELECT 3:57 PM - 7 April, 2011
Or at least its own auto tuned theme song..
Booyah 8:19 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

+1
I've Dj'd alongside him twice and yes Humble is not in his vocabulary.....And This slam style djing is the NY Thing But I myself dont mash Every song and I still scratc, flare, juggle and chirp and etc. when I play regardless because thats where hip hop djing came from. I went in the military for ten yrs came back and this slam style is the new in NY I dont like it but I had to adapt but I also adapted my style to it also to keep my identity as a DJ. And Hot97 is recruiting new DJ Talent because these guys are getting up there in age and their sets sounds lazy to a DJ's and as a result because they are the biggest names in NY Radio HIP HOP that crowds and listeners hear it so much that this is what they expect. So yes it has made it easy for these new Ipod dj's to get on or steal a spot from a real DJ who bust's his ass to be great at what he does ...so just like Hip Hop is watered down ...Djing is also being watered down....But Camillo, kastone, Enuff ,Bobby Trends get it in...and when I wanna hear some very talented DJing I tune into 93.7 the CT station...those boys with DJ Craig G are Nasty on the wheels ..very technical
dj poisonous handz 8:54 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I know, Mr. Cee just did the "ladyboy remix" to "I get the job done".

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:56 PM - 7 April, 2011
Dude the man is missing a GOLDEN oppritunity to become lady gagas tour dj, he could spin this into a career and have a limitless amount of trannys at his disposal
CMOS 8:59 PM - 7 April, 2011
LOL even more as i read the story, THIS SHIT TOOK PLACE AT 5PM?

WTF Cee? Who gets tranny head ON THE WESTSIDE HIGHWAY at 5pm and doesnt expect to get caught.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:01 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

WTF Cee? Who gets tranny head ON THE WESTSIDE HIGHWAY at 5pm and doesnt expect to get caught.

LMFAO.....i thought it was 4 AM (no wonderwall)

Quote:

it’s surely embarrassing for a well-known hip-hop DJ to get arrested with his penis in the mouth of another guy while seated in a parked car at 4 AM,
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:40 AM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:

Naw, it was 5' O CLOCK IN DA MO'NIN...

Whatcha gonna do now? (NoNonChalant)
dj poisonous handz 3:34 AM - 8 April, 2011
ceo thefinisher ent Watchwww.youtube.com
razcal_ger 12:56 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
HOW LONG TILL THIS HE-SHE BECOMES A CELEBRITY DJ???

I dunno... but at least he/she got a theme song: 2.bp.blogspot.com
lvmez 1:00 PM - 8 April, 2011
the funny thing is that where he got caught is walking distance to the radio station.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:42 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
the funny thing is that where he got caught is walking distance to the radio station.

lol when does he work, i bet he was running out the door zipper in hand
SELECT 2:45 PM - 8 April, 2011
Mr. Cee goes after Envy-
www.vladtv.com
DJ CISC0 3:36 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Mr. Cee goes after Envy-
www.vladtv.com

Wow, what a low blow....(no mistercee)
jbnyc 3:37 PM - 8 April, 2011
Time for envy to press charges.......AGAIN!!
lvmez 3:53 PM - 8 April, 2011
it looks like time is up for mr cee. he is starting to take swings. he the dj director over at hot97. the last thing he needs is more bad press unless he knows his days are numbered at hot97.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:10 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Mr. Cee goes after Envy-
www.vladtv.com

Yeah man when you start talkin about wifey like that, them fightin words................................either that or im questioning my wife lol
jbnyc 4:14 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Mr. Cee goes after Envy-
www.vladtv.com

Yeah man when you start talkin about wifey like that, them fightin words................................either that or im questioning my wife lol

Not to Envy.... Start talked trash about envy and envy didnt step up,about his wife and nothing he even said he would rape his little 5 year old daughter and told him,come meet me today at the corner of such and such and envy didnt show up, thats when star got kicked out power 105 lol
RogerRabbit 5:14 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Mr. Cee goes after Envy-
www.vladtv.com

Not to Envy.... Start talked trash about envy and envy didnt step up,about his wife and nothing he even said he would rape his little 5 year old daughter and told him,come meet me today at the corner of such and such and envy didnt show up, thats when star got kicked out power 105 lol

Envy is soft.... And Mr Cee STILL has more street cred than the power 105 crew.. They really don't want to beef with the hot 97 cats..
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:17 PM - 8 April, 2011
^^^ I can see that. But this Mister Cee mess knocked down their street cred like crazy!
SELECT 7:10 PM - 8 April, 2011
Well apparently hes been doing this since 2007-
www.vladtv.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:19 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
www.vladtv.com

Awwww....man......
SELECT 7:22 PM - 8 April, 2011
Damn even howard stern-

www.vladtv.com
AKIEM 7:22 PM - 8 April, 2011
his career is actually going to elevate - thats how this industry works
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:36 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
Damn even howard stern-

www.vladtv.com

Howard WENT IN....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:41 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
his career is actually going to elevate - thats how this industry works

I don't know man... A LOT of cats are clowing him...skrait up....

If it wasn't for him bashing GAYS in the past, he might survive...

But right now, even Biz Markie is goin' in...

Wow!
Even Biz Markie is going in. Biz Markie?!!!

[img]a1.twimg.com[/img]
[url]twitter.com!/BizMarkie[/url]

BizMarkie BIZ MARKIE
MR.CEE.........SAY IT AN'T SO,SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

BizMarkie BIZ MARKIE
#Power1051 WHAT UP ENVY AND CHARLAMAGNE THIS BIZMARKIE I'M IN MARYLAND. YOUR MY NEW HEROES.....
AKIEM 8:44 PM - 8 April, 2011
funny thing (pun intended) these dudes are always outed - it blows over - then they are on top (or the bottom) of some other shit (pun intended) higher level. all them industry dudes are on some DL freaky shit.

Watchwww.youtube.com 1:37
RogerRabbit 8:55 PM - 8 April, 2011
Quote:
www.vladtv.com

Oh that makes sense now what flex said on his show the other night.. " he was talking about Howard stern - saying Howard better be lucky he is on sirus radio and to stay in his lane - and other stuff but I figured he was just going in on all dj's since he was saying shit about other dj's in general..
I guess they all listen to each other shows..
Dj Nyce 10:31 PM - 8 April, 2011
boom bye bye on a bwotty bwoy head
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:22 AM - 9 April, 2011
Looks like a WHITE FLAG has been waved....

Watchwww.youtube.com
RogerRabbit 2:46 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Those dude are funny!!!
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 3:40 PM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Those dude are funny!!!

Hilarious! I bet ratings are crazy right now!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:41 PM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Those dude are funny!!!

Hilarious! I bet ratings are crazy right now!

Which is probably why Hot97 fell back...

No ammunition = No controversy = No ratings...

Lord knows, I wasn't paying JACK attention to Power 105 before this mess...

Shoot, I still expected Ed Lova to still be on there....smh.
jbnyc 4:44 PM - 9 April, 2011
+1 i added power 105.1 to my radio preset in my car for the first time in like 4 years lol i guess it worked...
Dj Shamann 7:00 PM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
he was talking about Howard stern - saying Howard better be lucky he is on sirus radio and to stay in his lane

HAHA Howard Sten just signed a deal for what...60 mil? Yeah, he better stay in his lane

GTFOH!
jbnyc 8:07 PM - 9 April, 2011
yeah, Howard Stern can talk all he wants, he makes more money than flex and cee combined and his wife is beautiful!! no need to pay trannies lol
dj poisonous handz 11:47 PM - 9 April, 2011
yep that hook nose bastard is cakin!
MelonHead 10:49 PM - 1 June, 2011
DJ Mister Cee pleads guilty to loitering after gay oral sex bust; ordered to attend counseling...

Popular Hot 97 radio deejay "Mister Cee" 'fessed up Wednesday to a penal code violation: receiving oral sex from another man in a parked car.

Cee, 44, whose real name is Calvin LeBrun, pleaded guilty to a charge of loitering for the purpose of engaging in a prostitution offense. He and his much younger companion, Lawrence Campbell, 20, were busted March 30 at 4 a.m. at Watts and West streets.

He was ordered to complete three months, or 12 sessions, of counseling with a doctor, officials said.

This was Cee's second conviction on the same charge. The music man was busted in lower Manhattan last Oct. 8 and pleaded guilty a month later, officials said.

Cee made a name for himself in the hip-hop world as Big Daddy Kane's deejay. He later produced "Ready to Die," Notorious B.I.G.'s first album.

On Hot 97, he hosts "Throwback at Noon," a classic hits hour. At the time of his arrest a station manager told the Daily News the allegations were untrue.

Station officials did not return calls after his guilty plea.

His lawyer also could not be reached for comment.

Campbell, 20, who had no previous criminal record, was given an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal - meaning that if he stays out of trouble for six months, the case will be cleared from his record, officials said.

Source: www.nydailynews.com
dj_craigmac 10:59 PM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
DJ Mister Cee pleads guilty to loitering after gay oral sex bust; ordered to attend counseling...

Popular Hot 97 radio deejay "Mister Cee" 'fessed up Wednesday to a penal code violation: receiving oral sex from another man in a parked car.

Cee, 44, whose real name is Calvin LeBrun, pleaded guilty to a charge of loitering for the purpose of engaging in a prostitution offense. He and his much younger companion, Lawrence Campbell, 20, were busted March 30 at 4 a.m. at Watts and West streets.

He was ordered to complete three months, or 12 sessions, of counseling with a doctor, officials said.

This was Cee's second conviction on the same charge. The music man was busted in lower Manhattan last Oct. 8 and pleaded guilty a month later, officials said.

Cee made a name for himself in the hip-hop world as Big Daddy Kane's deejay. He later produced "Ready to Die," Notorious B.I.G.'s first album.

On Hot 97, he hosts "Throwback at Noon," a classic hits hour. At the time of his arrest a station manager told the Daily News the allegations were untrue.

Campbell, 20, who had no previous criminal record, was given an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal - meaning that if he stays out of trouble for six months, the case will be cleared from his record, officials said.

DROP THAT BOMB!!! (in funk flex voice) lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:04 PM - 1 June, 2011
***Waits for Power 105's Breakfast Club to spark it up again****
agentorange 11:24 PM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

DROP THAT BOMB!!! (in funk flex voice) lol

lol lol lol
dj poisonous handz 12:35 AM - 2 June, 2011
funny sh&t is.on memorial day he was on hot97 rockin drake and out of nowhere he dropped diana ross im coming out! cmon new york we doin this for all agesssssssssssssssssssss.and to my youngins this is not biggie and mase! cmon new yorkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.we doin this for my grown folkssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
sssssssssssssssssss.(lolcant make this up! to each his own! pack that fudge cee!)
DJ GaFFle 1:47 AM - 2 June, 2011
Quote:
..." cmon new york we doin this for all agesssssssssssssssssssss.and to my youngins this is not biggie and mase! cmon new yorkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.we doin this for my grown folkssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
sssssssssssssssssss."

I'm confused. Is this what you're saying or are you quoting what Mr. Cee said on the radio while playing "I'm coming out"?
dj poisonous handz 2:50 AM - 2 June, 2011
what mr cee was saying
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:00 AM - 2 June, 2011
who cares, personally i dont care if my djs are getting gangbanged boy transvestite midget hookers, their job is to play\produce that hot ish and as long as they makin bitches dance then fuck it, personally as a clubgoer to many djs are stealin my bitches so more power to less compitition in the club lol
DJ CISC0 4:19 AM - 2 June, 2011
Quote:
This was Cee's second conviction on the same charge.
Wow...dude has a problem.
FunkyRob 6:43 AM - 2 June, 2011
LOL at violating the "Penal Code".

Sorry.
4mydawgz 9:55 AM - 2 June, 2011
He rocked the crowd. That's all the matters. In the end, you trying to get paid.

I've seen wack DJ's rock a crowd.

Mr. Cee will get gigs until another big DJ calls him out on that gay shit he did.

No one respects Charlamagne.