DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Wow pro sound is charging,,,,

dj vegas 1:55 AM - 11 March, 2010
800+ for one technics mk2 what a joke!!! They told me they upped the prices because they where not going to make technics anymore. Thats fine but the price should go down not up? Im going to grab the 1210 m5g's asap BUT NOT AT PRO SOUND they lost a customer with there greed i hope it was worth it!
Maskrider 3:12 AM - 11 March, 2010
That shit is crazy hit us up here if you find a good deal.........I might grab one too.
Dj Mjkmx varela 3:23 AM - 11 March, 2010
YUP, SOME PEOPLE CLAIM TO BE IN THE BIZ CAUSE THEY FRONT AS PROFESSIONALS YUP THATS RIGHT FRONT,GET REAL AND HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE DJ COMMUNITY.800$ FOR THE mk2 TECH'S YOUR OUTTA YOUR FREAKIN MIND. GET REAL! DJ MOISES MJKMX VARELA, REPIN ! THE EAST COAST. PEACE OUT!
Booyah 3:33 PM - 11 March, 2010
And they are supposed to have the guaranteed lowest price and I found a cheaper price and they said that they couldnt possibly beat the price ......WTF iM DONE WITH THEM and their damn near $300 for shipping when I got it shippied for free from some other company. If Im spending over 1500 my shipping should be free PERIOD!
dj vegas 7:50 PM - 11 March, 2010
yea dude i have spent over 10,000$ with them from 94 on and will never call them again!
DJ'Que 8:09 PM - 11 March, 2010
alot of places went up.
Dj_Dropz_ 8:12 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
alot of places went up.

^^^^
very true... a shop here in downtown is charging 750 for just one!!! but the sad truth is someone is gonna eventually buy it from them...
DJ'Que 8:24 PM - 11 March, 2010
its go send people towards cdj's or the new numark decks
dj vegas 10:01 PM - 11 March, 2010
thank god for ebay!!!
Djaward 10:21 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
thank god for ebay!!!

+1. My friend found 2 technics MK2 for 500. In great condiotion too. Check out craislist as well..
baseline 10:27 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Thats fine but the price should go down not up?

Clearly not an economist.
DjWoody 10:29 PM - 11 March, 2010
Guitar Center is advertising the MK5 for $499.
dj vegas 10:45 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

when honda stopped making the prelude they did not jack up the price! They "technics" are saying they are not worth making anymore. when that happens the value is at its worst my friend.
dj vegas 10:47 PM - 11 March, 2010
The sad fact it 70% of dj's bought used technics off ebay and craigslist. The new tchs just stayed stacked on the shelfs.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:54 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

when honda stopped making the prelude they did not jack up the price! They "technics" are saying they are not worth making anymore. when that happens the value is at its worst my friend.

the prelude was not the mist highly regarded gaurenteed to sell car on the market either, if its a sure thing their still gonna sell after the discontinuation why not jack up the price and get as much revenue as possible....with the prelude if they jacked up the price you could get a better car for the money, when they jack up the tech price your only option is to get something cheaper thats not as good as what you want
baseline 10:57 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Clearly Pro Sound see there is still demand for Technics and as supply has decreased, the price will naturally rise.

The car market is a different beast entirely, given that (at least in NZ) the car yards are closely affiliated with the manufacturers.
dj vegas 11:01 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the prelude was not the mist highly regarded gaurenteed to sell car on the market either, if its a sure thing their still gonna sell after the discontinuation why not jack up the price and get as much revenue as possible....with the prelude if they jacked up the price you could get a better car for the money, when they jack up the tech price your only option is to get something cheaper thats not as good as what you want

i see what you saying but they are still not matching other offers like they clame on there site soooo i still say the heck with them!!!

it is hard to say technics are not the best and wont be beat every i guess im mad that they are gone and to see people try to make an extra buck hurts worse!
dj vegas 11:02 PM - 11 March, 2010
it is hard to say technics are not the best and wont be beat ever!!! i guess im mad that they are gone and to see people try to make an extra buck hurts worse!
dj vegas 11:05 PM - 11 March, 2010
Thats greed and its cool people remember that! I cant wait till they call it quits also.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:07 PM - 11 March, 2010
to me, im like fuck what technics are doin, if their going away this is the time for some other company to step the hell up to the plate and stop not imporving their products because techs own the market....its an open game now numar,stanton,rane,ect..STEP THE FUCK UP!!!!
dj vegas 11:09 PM - 11 March, 2010
i have 4 two gold and two grand masters i got yesterday and GUITAR CENTER i paid 1245 for 2! THanks Guitar Center they even cut there price to help me out!
dj vegas 11:09 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
to me, im like fuck what technics are doin, if their going away this is the time for some other company to step the hell up to the plate and stop not imporving their products because techs own the market....its an open game now numar,stanton,rane,ect..STEP THE FUCK UP!!!!

YEA I hope they sell the patent to someone that cares!
Djaward 11:25 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:

You forgot vestax. Thats where Im going next.
DJ DennisJ 12:39 AM - 12 March, 2010
From what I understand the rumor of them not making any more is false. They will not be making 1200s but the 1210s are not being discontinued. Good gimmick though.
DJ DennisJ 12:45 AM - 12 March, 2010
my mistake, it is not even sure that the 1200s are being discontinued. Official statement from Panasonic is

"As a major global business, Panasonic keeps all of its operations under constant review.

However, there are no current plans to discontinue the Technics brand and the production of Technics turntables."
Dj_Dropz_ 2:10 AM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
my mistake, it is not even sure that the 1200s are being discontinued. Official statement from Panasonic is

"As a major global business, Panasonic keeps all of its operations under constant review.

However, there are no current plans to discontinue the Technics brand and the production of Technics turntables."

^^^^^

weird... considering i just checked the guitar center website and coming from guitar center there either (a) sold out or (b) a discontinued item they no longer carry... ummm...
DjWoody 2:19 AM - 12 March, 2010
GC carries them in store only.
Dj_Dropz_ 2:25 AM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:

i wonder why they DONT tell you that online.... ppl still wanna buy them but im guessing they wanna keep them for themselves... hahaha
DjWoody 2:27 AM - 12 March, 2010
Yeah, I wonder too. They're advertised on their current catalog.
DJ DennisJ 2:29 AM - 12 March, 2010
Here's a good summmary written in Dec 2009. It also quotes the exact statement I pasted above.

www.residentadvisor.net
DJMark 2:30 AM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:

That's kind of a novelty. The last few times I've tried to buy anything there, "that's not something we stock but we can order it for you".
DJ DennisJ 2:31 AM - 12 March, 2010
Same here. I always hear "that's only available online."
Dj_Dropz_ 2:34 AM - 12 March, 2010
lol well if thats the case gc is on to something...BUT it can be different in the case of the 1200's and 1210's...
dj vegas 3:38 AM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
From what I understand the rumor of them not making any more is false. They will not be making 1200s but the 1210s are not being discontinued. Good gimmick though.

i called panasonic and was told yes they are gone with the wind and thats it! they only have 1200 mk2s left and when they are gone the are gone!!! feel free to call them 18004050652!
Dj_Dropz_ 5:30 AM - 12 March, 2010
u better get your mint condition 1200's!!! collectors item in the future... BELIEVE IT!!