Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"SLM 56" mixer with in-built SSL box!!

dj dawn 5:45 PM - 25 January, 2005
I just had some fun with a rane TTM 56 mixer in photoshop. I think it would be awesome to have a mixer like that! What do you guys think of it??

img3.exs.cx

This is not a real product...only a made up invention!!!
Revolutionary 6:11 PM - 25 January, 2005
Looks nice. I'm actually getting the 56 tomorrow. That's going to be awesome...

Jättekul as you guys say ;) Heh heh...
BassChamber 6:49 PM - 25 January, 2005
WOW!! my dream... :)
DJUnknown 7:16 PM - 25 January, 2005
If they ever made something like that (in the picture) I would never buy it, it is much too busy. Now if it simply had a USB port on it that would be nice...connect your tables regularly and the USB cable from the mixer to the laptop. Good photoshop work though.
SpinThis! 7:20 PM - 25 January, 2005
yeh looks cool, but too busy. i think it'd be easier just to use a touchscreen display since you're going to need one anyway and keep the audio components seperate from the digital ones.
Revolutionary 8:09 PM - 25 January, 2005
Yeah, it would be like a Christmas tree...
dj dawn 9:22 PM - 25 January, 2005
Good swedish Revolutionary...nice to have a scandinavian friend on the forum! Yeah, I know that the mixer looks a little bit busy...but I tried to put a screen on it and trust me, that was busy. The screen must be very large if you want to see everything properly! But I agree with the touch buttons...would be nice if the whole mixer faceplate was an OLED screen with touch function. Then you could customize the mixer by yourself and choose have many functions you want to view!?
dj dawn 9:45 PM - 25 January, 2005
If you have a completley button free interface for the SSL functions and if you could be able to choose which ones to show, I don't think it would be too busy!? You may also need a knob to set the sensitivity of the touch screen!

Made a fast remake of the mixer...check it out!
img162.exs.cx
Revolutionary 10:15 PM - 25 January, 2005
Nice. Maybe use fewer colors though. Still get that good old Christmas tree feeling though ;)

It would be awesome if you had this LCD screen that you could flip up and down. Maybe even some kind of googles ;) Nerd :D
djkenace 3:03 AM - 26 January, 2005
Anyone in Hawaii, can practice on our demo TTM-56 we have it on display at Creative Sound Hawaii. :-)
dj dawn 2:24 PM - 26 January, 2005
Yeah, personally I think it would be nice with two different colors, but I just made this picture with fuctionality in my mind. If we talk design I think the mixer in the whole needs a facelift! But the TTM is meant to be a quality mixer not a desig mixer and that´s why I used so many colors. Function before design in this case!
Revolutionary 2:49 PM - 26 January, 2005
Just got it :D Awesome...
s42000 3:26 PM - 26 January, 2005
Rane need to make one of these before Gemini does ... Not that I would buy the Gemini one ..

Just that waiting for Rane will be excruciating just as it was waiting for SSL while trying to make FC work
DJ Shady 11:04 PM - 26 January, 2005
Have you guys seen the MP2+SL built in???
It's called an MP4
rane.com
hologram 12:04 AM - 31 January, 2005
How about a little fold up LCD at the top end.
dj dawn 4:11 PM - 31 January, 2005
Yeah... could work but it must be pretty large to work!
s42000 5:32 AM - 6 June, 2006
*bump*

*bump*
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:47 PM - 6 June, 2006
bump?

57 came out already LOL
s42000 5:45 PM - 6 June, 2006
Just comparing dj dawns artistic impression and the actual gadget we have now.

Which one is better ?
dj dawn 9:31 PM - 6 June, 2006
I think you're all lucky that I didn't make the 57 :D
DJK 7:36 AM - 9 June, 2006
Quote:
Just comparing dj dawns artistic impression and the actual gadget we have now.

Which one is better ?

The 57, hands down that other is way to cluttered. The 57 is even alittle cluttered, but at least it is clear around the faders.