Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Scratch Live 2 Smart Crate Sub Crate Option !!!

SIMPLY SMOOTH 12:43 PM - 15 February, 2010
What i wish could happen is that the same way you can have sub crates with the regular crates.. one should be able to create sub crates with the smart crates .. Suppose i had a main crate called HIP HOP .. and then smart crates with the years like HIP HOP 2008 .. Hip Hop 2009 and so on .. i should be able to drag them as sub crates under the main HIP HOP crate ..
baseline 9:08 AM - 16 February, 2010
+1
charlee1985 6:00 PM - 16 February, 2010
not sure if its the same, but wud b awsome if you cude add as a rule in which crates to take songs from.

so for example i want to create a smart crate, that adds songs that i've added 01/02/10 and after. But i want in this smart crate only songs from my HIPHOP crate and not from all my crates.

not sure if we talking bout the same thing Simply smooth?
serkan 8:12 PM - 17 February, 2010
It'll be hard to have smart crates within smart crates because of different rules that would get into each others way.
For me it would do if we could have folders that can handle smart crates, so we could put different smart crates into a folder.

For example:
If we have smart crates for different years (like 80s, 90s, or 1991, 1992, ...) we should be able to put them into a folder named "years". And even this could be hard.
A workaround (at least for now) could be that only smart crates with the exact same rules (like "year") to be able to put into a "smart folder".

I hope you get what I mean :)
SIMPLY SMOOTH 3:20 AM - 18 February, 2010
ok .. first thing charlie ..i like that idea ..

but all i meant was that we should be able to drag our smart crates into regular serato crates as how serato works at present ..

as it is now .. no smart crate can be a sub crate ..

and as you know sub crates are important in having your music in proper order
VJ Justin Allen 3:25 AM - 18 February, 2010
That was talked about during beta testing and I am sure that when they start making changes (next version) vs fixing bugs that this will have a good chance of getting released.

Just my opinion.
SIMPLY SMOOTH 11:55 AM - 18 February, 2010
makes sense and i dont thing that it should be all that difficult ..

everyone djs differently .. and having the option of making your smart crate a sub crate would be a major plus..

i know some djs that will only work with smart crates especially those in radio stations where you will have a proper archive of your music ..

all serato has to do is allow you to drag your smart crate under a regular crate so that it can be a sub crate ..
Davinylslica 7:00 PM - 19 February, 2010
Quote:
What i wish could happen is that the same way you can have sub crates with the regular crates.. one should be able to create sub crates with the smart crates .. Suppose i had a main crate called HIP HOP .. and then smart crates with the years like HIP HOP 2008 .. Hip Hop 2009 and so on .. i should be able to drag them as sub crates under the main HIP HOP crate ..

+1 would be extremely HUUUUUUGGGEEEEEE
SIMPLY SMOOTH 11:20 AM - 3 March, 2010
Very huge because at present if djs were working with SMART CRATES ALONE .. it will be very confusing having all your crates just lined up ..

All serato has to do is allow you to drag a smart crate into a regular crate and thats it ..

As it is based on how smart crates work with rules ..you cannot and will never be able to drag a smart crate into anotehr smart crate …

Just allow us to drag a smart crate into a regular crate ….
serkan 4:07 PM - 7 March, 2010
Quote:
Very huge because at present if djs were working with SMART CRATES ALONE .. it will be very confusing having all your crates just lined up ..

All serato has to do is allow you to drag a smart crate into a regular crate and thats it ..

As it is based on how smart crates work with rules ..you cannot and will never be able to drag a smart crate into anotehr smart crate …

Just allow us to drag a smart crate into a regular crate ….

+1
bsb 12:02 AM - 9 March, 2010
+1
The smart crates are great, but it's so disappointing not being able to drag them into another crates.
SIMPLY SMOOTH 3:34 PM - 9 March, 2010
thats exactly my point .. if you were usig smart crates alone serato's appearance will be like how it was in the beginning .. every crate just stacked up and confusing .. i mean its only common sense that they have smart crates be able to drag in a regular crate to be a sub crate ..

now my serato with smart crates looks like itunes !!!!!
serkan 11:48 PM - 9 March, 2010
But there is actually something that should still work:
If you highlight the main crate (which includes the smart ones) the whole tracks within the smart crates should show up. This makes the whole thing much trickier. But it's at least better than having options for the main crate.

@ SIMPLY SMOOTH:
I use iTunes only for buying music, but as far as I remember it is able to put the smart crates into one folder?! I think I'm pretty sure of this - and what works there should be able to work in SL to, right?
SIMPLY SMOOTH 3:24 AM - 11 March, 2010
u cannot put smart crates in itunes into a folder .. does not work that way …

but come on serrate … makin smart crates drag into regular crates should not be that hard a thing to do ….
VJ Justin Allen 12:45 PM - 11 March, 2010
Serato said during the private beta testing phase that there would not be any feature changes until 2.01.

This has been a feature that has been requested numerous times and I would expect this to be implemented...but not under 2.0
SIMPLY SMOOTH 12:55 PM - 11 March, 2010
ok then ...
Nazzid 1:18 AM - 21 March, 2010
Simply Smooth... yes you can in iTunes.... i have 2 Folders 5 smart playlists each... moving on
SIMPLY SMOOTH 12:36 PM - 21 March, 2010
cool enuff..

all thats left is for serato to allow us to do the same …

because with serrate you can put your crates in the ORDER that you want ..

Itunes will not .. it does it in alphabetical order which SUCKS for me ….
serkan 6:42 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
Simply Smooth... yes you can in iTunes.... i have 2 Folders 5 smart playlists each... moving on

I knew it :)
Quote:

because with serrate you can put your crates in the ORDER that you want ..
Itunes will not .. it does it in alphabetical order which SUCKS for me ….

But it'll still be better than don't having that option at all ;)
SIMPLY SMOOTH 4:41 AM - 24 March, 2010
ummm for you ...

for those who appreciate having their shit "organised" and not haywire .. it will be much better to be able to sort your crates how you want rather than alphabetically ..

I keep saying .. not everyone uses serato the same

Alot of Radio Stations are using this platform and stuff that may appear "not necessary" to one person may be very crucial to a Radio Station...
VJ Justin Allen 10:06 AM - 24 March, 2010
You can always use a number in front of a crate

ex:
1- Country Hits
2- AC Hits

ect...
serkan 9:44 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
But it'll still be better than don't having that option at all ;)

Let me get this straight...

S-T-I-L-L B-E B-E-T-T-E-R

;)
derb 8:49 PM - 20 October, 2011
++1111111
serkan 7:35 PM - 21 October, 2011
I'm being patient on this one.
It's something so ridiculouslly basic and necessary that there is no way it won't happen.
joachimj 3:05 PM - 23 October, 2011
+1
DJ SpinArt 11:53 PM - 29 November, 2011
We are on 2.3 now and still can't put a smart crate into a regular crate.
DJ Sinclair 9:47 PM - 3 December, 2011
Yeah, sub smart crates is definitely on my list of must haves, intelligently being able to filter would be great, especially with large diverse collections.

+1
serkan 9:22 PM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:
I'm being patient on this one.
It's something so ridiculouslly basic and necessary that there is no way it won't happen.

My number one request these days.
Still being patient :)
DJ Sinclair 4:30 AM - 6 December, 2011
Just been playing with this on itunes, and then alowing itunes library in serato, it's allowing me to copy smart playlists, and at least easily duplicate them, but without real time updating it's not really that great. At least with itunes you can put smart playlists in a normal playlist, but the key for me is having two layers of filtering, for example, if I create a set of filters such as by genre or keywords, and have time periods, so that I can have latest music, with smart filtered folders within the time period filter, and then copy the whole thing, I can then adjust the new set to just look at say, 2-3 year old music.
interconnect 10:34 PM - 6 April, 2012
I would love to have this option too. It would work well if more than one DJ use the same computer. For example, my wife also DJ's and has her own crates which are separate from mine. I would like to have a smart crate that has all tracks with the genre "Tech House" in it and out of my tracks/crates... not hers. You currently can not do this and is a major bummer!!
DJ Sinclair 8:50 PM - 4 February, 2013
Quote:
I would love to have this option too. It would work well if more than one DJ use the same computer. For example, my wife also DJ's and has her own crates which are separate from mine. I would like to have a smart crate that has all tracks with the genre "Tech House" in it and out of my tracks/crates... not hers. You currently can not do this and is a major bummer!!

+1
serkan 9:34 AM - 15 February, 2013
3 years later - f**k patience :D
SiRocket 12:50 AM - 11 April, 2013
SERIOUSLY!!! we need some SMART CRATE folder/collapsing options here... this is ridiculous.. sigh...
VinnyBlanc 1:28 AM - 15 April, 2013
+1
gamma 1:37 AM - 11 July, 2013
+1. We should be able to add smart crates under regular crates.
Quatermain 1:12 AM - 31 December, 2013
+1 for me too!!!
DJPsychic 8:01 PM - 17 July, 2014
I wish I could do this too! Even as a Serato Noob!