DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Denon S3500 - UPDATE released

DJ Unique 7:18 PM - 24 October, 2006
Hey guys...
Denon has released their long awaited update for the S3500.

Latest Plug In’s: (as of 10/25/2006)
-Improved the Cue area for instantaneous scratching from PLAY
-Improved performance with Serato Scratch Live control discs
-Improved pitch stepping increments for the 4% & 10% range
-Added the ability to reset the Effects (Filter/Flanger/Echo)
-Added more Fader Start options
-Added TT Tricks function
-Added Brake memory function
-Current version numbers: SYS 0098 DSP 0A26

www.denondj.com
DJ SHY 8:46 PM - 24 October, 2006
yep........along with updates for the S1000, 4500, & 6000....although the 3500 has the improved cueing for SSL...

enjoy guys!...let me know how it goes!
Dj K.Smith 2:01 AM - 25 October, 2006
Yes sir... I'm dl'ing that sucka right now....
matt212 2:05 AM - 25 October, 2006
Tell us what its looking like after you update them.
OG Supernatural 2:29 AM - 25 October, 2006
Damn... no love on the 5000's???
Dj Tage1 8:47 PM - 16 November, 2006
I currently dont have 3500's (i have 5000's), but i am looking to get a pair. This might be a dumb question, but does that mean you can now cue anywhere within a song when using serato?
birdbrain 9:21 PM - 16 November, 2006
Quote:
I currently dont have 3500's (i have 5000's), but i am looking to get a pair. This might be a dumb question, but does that mean you can now cue anywhere within a song when using serato?

youve always been able to do that.
Dj Tage1 10:06 PM - 16 November, 2006
Thanks for the quick response. For some reason I thought it was like the 5000 where you cant use the cue button on the player to cue, unless you can and I am missing something (by the way i am new serato and this form - so please pardon my ignorance)
BriChi 10:12 PM - 16 November, 2006
Tage, If you want the cue button to work properly with ssl, then you must have ssl in ABS mode when playing, not REL or INT mode.
Dj Tage1 10:23 PM - 16 November, 2006
Quote:
Tage, If you want the cue button to work properly with ssl, then you must have ssl in ABS mode when playing, not REL or INT mode.

Hey BriChi, I am using SSL in ABS mode. The cue button only works at the beginning of the song\mp3. Is that what you are referring too, or you mean you can create a cue piont anywhere in song\mp3 using the cue button on the player?
BriChi 11:22 PM - 16 November, 2006
well, to try and explain this simply. If you are playing a track on ssl and controlling it with the 5000 and lets say you want to start the song at about 30 seconds, if you press pause at 30 seconds and then play, it now set a cue point on the 5000 so whenever you press cue, it goes back to 30 seconds which ssl should be following. Remember though that ssl will not jump back to the 30 second mark until you hit play on the denon, ssl will then quickly jump to 30 seconds and continue to play following the time of the control signal from the cd. I hope this makes sense it's just kind of hard to put into words
Dj Tage1 12:07 AM - 17 November, 2006
Quote:
well, to try and explain this simply. If you are playing a track on ssl and controlling it with the 5000 and lets say you want to start the song at about 30 seconds, if you press pause at 30 seconds and then play, it now set a cue point on the 5000 so whenever you press cue, it goes back to 30 seconds which ssl should be following. Remember though that ssl will not jump back to the 30 second mark until you hit play on the denon, ssl will then quickly jump to 30 seconds and continue to play following the time of the control signal from the cd. I hope this makes sense it's just kind of hard to put into words

Thanks Dude! I understand and I got the cueing down. I appreciate the help.
BriChi 1:30 AM - 17 November, 2006
Anytime, your welcome
djradrich 5:23 PM - 24 November, 2006
I just got a pair of s3500s and the cue and sample don't seem to work with ssl but I've read around the forums that it should. Will this update correct that problem?
BriChi 6:24 PM - 24 November, 2006
Make sure ssl is in ABS mode and not REL mode. Cues, samples and loops on the 3500 will not work if ssl is in REL mode
djradrich 6:34 PM - 24 November, 2006
thanks brichi, but I have tried that. All the other controls seem to work just not these two. I bought 2 3500s and they did it on both so I didn't think much of it till I saw video of shy using them.