DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Liav VS 2Cuchi ITS OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN

Dj-M.Bezzle 7:32 PM - 5 February, 2010
Words have been exchanged the lines have been drawn and challenge has been issued, watch the drama unfold with live 24 hour coverage of the events, with your host DJ MBEZZLE covering the hard hitting action
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:33 PM - 5 February, 2010
background info here www.scratchlive.net
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:36 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2cuchi, dude's asking for advice. So he's getting it. If you got nothing good to say, than don't. You want to hear one of my mixes? No problem, but I'd like to hear one of yours too.

just bring it !!!!

Oh It's been brought!

Exactly! It's been brought, I'll gladly post something, but since you're the instigator, let's see what you got.

Let's set some ground rules while we are at it. No bulshit mix that you've been preparing for the past year, some shit right off the top of your head, first shot recorded.
no bulshit pre-done mashes either, you want to mashup, you gotta do it live.
Banana_Peter 7:57 PM - 5 February, 2010
Bahahahahahahahaaa
skinnyguy 8:02 PM - 5 February, 2010
i hope they have some interesting and funny commercials during halftime and breaks
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:10 PM - 5 February, 2010
weve had some major sponsors drop out for various reasons but i assure you what we do have planned should keep you entertained
djcrap 8:44 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
weve had some major sponsors drop out for various reasons but i assure you what we do have planned should keep you entertained

can i get some sponsorship for pop corn.
2Cuchi 12:26 AM - 6 February, 2010
lol
2Cuchi 12:27 AM - 6 February, 2010
im ready
2Cuchi 12:32 AM - 6 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2cuchi, dude's asking for advice. So he's getting it. If you got nothing good to say, than don't. You want to hear one of my mixes? No problem, but I'd like to hear one of yours too.

just bring it !!!!

Oh It's been brought!

Exactly! It's been brought, I'll gladly post something, but since you're the instigator, let's see what you got.

Let's set some ground rules while we are at it. No bulshit mix that you've been preparing for the past year, some shit right off the top of your head, first shot recorded.
no bulshit pre-done mashes either, you want to mashup, you gotta do it live.

i love this!!!!
let me know!!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:46 PM - 6 February, 2010
Sounds like we have a batt.... Err a friendly compitition of skillz... Let's keep it civil and focused so the mods don't shut it down
2Cuchi 3:24 PM - 6 February, 2010
this is friendly compitition of skillz
like this we dont have to keep talking 2.0
any one wana join are very welcome 2
DJ Liav 3:31 PM - 6 February, 2010
Hello Everyone....First off, I would like to thank M.Bezzle for hosting this event, I would also like to thank my sponsors Redbull, Rockstar Energy Drink, Monster Energy Drink, and Coca Cola LOL.

Nah, it's def. friendly, 2 Cuchi, when we droping the mix?

btw, does anyone know how to post attachements on here? LOL
Z0nkers 3:36 PM - 6 February, 2010
put it up on ustream ^^ =) so we can see it live
DJ TOGTFO 5:02 PM - 6 February, 2010
is bezzle going to battle the loser?
Nicky Blunt 5:31 PM - 6 February, 2010
wait I thought bezzle was a looser?

hahaha just kidding fam!!!
DJ Ritmo 6:36 PM - 6 February, 2010
You can battle on ustream back 2 back hit me on the PM and I can tell yall how to set it up. I will even host the battle on my ustream channel so you dont have to set anything up. Let me know here is the link to my ustream channel its always on and live

www.ustream.tv
Banana_Peter 6:37 PM - 6 February, 2010
This just got serious and went to another level. Will there be Olympic style drug testing for this event?
DJ Ritmo 6:39 PM - 6 February, 2010
I will even make a flyer on photoshop for it and blast all over my facebook and myspace we can make a event out it. I know it sounds like a bunch DJ geeks getting together to watch someone battle but so what its what we do....lol
SuckaDJ 7:02 PM - 6 February, 2010
What ever happen to Bezzle's battle with the tutorial guy?

Bezzle got saved by the thread lock!
djtate 7:36 PM - 6 February, 2010
ok i dont post a lot here but i am interested now.
Z0nkers 7:40 PM - 6 February, 2010
hmmm bezzle vs 'the tutorial guy' & this other battle....sounds lke a championship in the making. winner of he 2 moves on to the finals. loosers battle echother for 2nd chance at the winner..double elimination. 2x gold tech12's for the winner lmao
DJ Ritmo 7:59 PM - 6 February, 2010
The battle will be hosted here if we can get the guys to agree. Check out the link I will host it and MC it. This could be the first internet DJ battle...we could start a big trend here. We got 2 DJ with a webcam and some tables. If you battle there has to be ground rules tho who gonna join the BDA league. Battle Djs Association
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:49 AM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:
What ever happen to Bezzle's battle with the tutorial guy?

Bezzle got saved by the thread lock!

3rd times thats happened....i feel like tyson trying to get a sanctioned bout
lil vito 1:48 AM - 7 February, 2010
Bezzle... We should battle too... About time you gave up the worst dj on the forums title... I just KNOW I deserve that title more than you do... Hehe
Chulindo 2:02 AM - 7 February, 2010
I got this
chulindo vs BeZzle!!!
DJ Liav 6:03 PM - 7 February, 2010
I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey! I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!!

I haven't heard back from 2cuchi on the time we are dropping the mix, so u think we have a forfeit? Maybe he's practicing. lol, just playin man, You'll probably kick my ass, regardless, I'll try to head down to the lab and make a mix after the superbowl.

Win or lose, I love this! Great idea, host internet battles, I love hearing peoples mixes, beats the f'n radio!
2Cuchi 6:12 PM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:

Win or lose, I love this! Great idea, host internet battles, I love hearing peoples mixes, beats the f'n radio!

It all About having fun!!!!
it to show people how we do!!!
DJ Ritmo 7:55 PM - 7 February, 2010
@cuchi and Dj Liav yall need to get at me so I can host this battle. I wanna do a live mix nothing prerecorded. If yall got webcams then yall are set let me know
Z0nkers 8:02 PM - 7 February, 2010
i wanna see it live too!!! i wanna see scratch battles, mix battles, you name it...have fun with it!!! one guy goes....then the other answers etc. DO ITTTTT!!! =))

you guys should do it like one per week or something..set it up in advance so we all know to tune in every sunday (or whatever) @ xxxxxx time
djcrap 10:45 PM - 7 February, 2010
1. first round will be 5 minute battle routine

2. second round will be 3 minute freesyle scratching

3. final round will be mixing and any thing goes no rules except just whop em with a tight set
DJ Ritmo 10:58 PM - 7 February, 2010
All great ideas If i can get 2 competitors then when can get it started. How bout this I will volunteer for the first battle. Im not really battle material but fuk it I'll try. I cant even scratch that well. I can put together a set on the fly. Who wants to battle me PM me let me know we can get it poppin in the name of DJing
Banana_Peter 11:04 PM - 7 February, 2010
I would like to see this as well. Keep us posted
skinnyguy 12:37 AM - 8 February, 2010
skin to win
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:44 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
Bezzle... We should battle too... About time you gave up the worst dj on the forums title... I just KNOW I deserve that title more than you do... Hehe

ill defend my worst forum DJ title anytime anywhere, I hold that title proudly
Caliber 2:55 PM - 8 February, 2010
what's the date and time
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:56 PM - 8 February, 2010
its febuary 8th 8:57 am here
HYDRO MATIC 4:51 PM - 8 February, 2010
^^^^
you are a fool...lol

Ill see about picking up a web cam this week...
DJ Shameless 8:01 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:

3. final round will be mixing and any thing goes no rules except just whop em with a tight set

i like these rules... how long should the mix be?
DJ_Phenom 4:46 AM - 9 February, 2010
And the race of the fastest battle to die out ends......
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:42 PM - 9 February, 2010
lol damn give em some time to record it, im starting to think people on this board think everyone else just sits in front of their turntables with a laptop waiting for someone to issue a battle people got shit to do
2Cuchi 3:35 PM - 9 February, 2010
^^^4 real^^^LOL
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:37 PM - 9 February, 2010
same thing happened with one of my previous "battles" challenge got issued at like 11am my time and by 4pm my time people were saying see i told you he wasnt going to post..im like shit im still at work what do you want me to do storm out of work and run home to defend my internet name lol
DJ_Phenom 5:33 PM - 9 February, 2010
I feel you on not waiting in front of your tables but were talking 4 days not 4 hours... and no matter how long we wait i've never seen a battle materialize. Not just talking about you bezzle, im talking about any thread.
DJ Liav 8:22 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
@cuchi and Dj Liav yall need to get at me so I can host this battle. I wanna do a live mix nothing prerecorded. If yall got webcams then yall are set let me know

That would be nice man but I don't have another digital camera there other than the one on the laptop, and that's not gonna help much

Quote:

this isn't what we are doing. This started with another dj asking for advice on things he might be doing wrong, so this will be a mix, of how each of us would spin at a place, just without using "cheats" like pre-recorded mashups, and only taking one take on the recording, as if it was live.

I'm not a turntablist, I'm no where near that talented, so i can't do juggling and scratch routines, cause I'll be a little boring. If you wana see turntablism, pick up the 2009 DMC DVD. Btw, DJ Steel, You were robbed!!! You should of had at least third place bro.

Quote:
lol damn give em some time to record it, im starting to think people on this board think everyone else just sits in front of their turntables with a laptop waiting for someone to issue a battle people got shit to do

yeah fam, sorry I haven't had a chance to make the mix, I don't have that much time, I get to fuck around an hour a week if I'm lucky. I might have time tomorrow.

What I'd love to see is you guys doing some mixes too!! I'm not the pro here!!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:24 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:

What I'd love to see is you guys doing some mixes too!! I'm not the pro here!!!!

i tried to record on last night but caught a case of the webcam jitters LOL, im going to have to get used to being recorded, but im hoping to have a few fids by the end of the week
2Cuchi 2:45 AM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not a turntablist, I'm no where near that talented, so i can't do juggling and scratch routines, cause I'll be a little boring

me ether im not a pro but i know how to press play
this battle is about having fun nothing crazy just mix!!!!!!!!
no rush!!! Live Mix
2Cuchi 2:47 AM - 10 February, 2010
if any one like to get in don't be SHY and lets get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ Liav 4:53 AM - 10 February, 2010
It's F'n snowing in Jersey AGAIN, so i'll bounce outa the shop early and record something.

Should I buy a camera?
SuckaDJ 7:29 AM - 10 February, 2010
Depends, are you working at the moment?
2Cuchi 1:47 PM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:
It's F'n snowing in Jersey AGAIN, so i'll bounce outa the shop early and record something.

Should I buy a camera?

im from jersey 2 we can get 2gether and do it live!!!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:19 PM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:

im from jersey 2 we can get 2gether and do it live!!!!!

no misquote needed lol
2Cuchi 4:10 PM - 10 February, 2010
lol
DJ Ritmo 11:16 PM - 10 February, 2010
stupid
DJ Liav 1:39 PM - 12 February, 2010
sounds good man. where in Jersey u from?
2Cuchi 2:42 PM - 12 February, 2010
Jersey City
w 49 th st John f kennedy blvd
Banana_Peter 4:28 PM - 12 February, 2010
This match-up agreement is worse than Pacquiao vs Mayweather
raequan 9:07 PM - 12 February, 2010
2cuchi

07306 here journal square can i get an invite
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:09 PM - 12 February, 2010
damn theres a jersey jammy jam going down......someones going to end up hurt its not gonna end well lol
DJ Liav 11:19 PM - 12 February, 2010
I'm at the Jersey Shore. You guys can come to me, I got three tables, just bring a mixer and laptops!!
2Cuchi 12:06 AM - 13 February, 2010
pm me the address add to my GPS i got this
raequan 12:16 AM - 13 February, 2010
sweet i got an old school numark rotary we can use
DJ Liav 4:44 PM - 20 February, 2010
what ever happened with this? LOL 2cuchi, haven't heard from you.
Logisticalstyles 4:57 PM - 20 February, 2010
This has ended the same way most battles I've seen on here end.
DJ_Phenom 5:00 PM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:
And the race of the fastest battle to die out ends......

Called it 4 days after it started, and people wouldn't believe
djcrap 5:02 PM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:
This has ended the same way most battles I've seen on here end.

hahaha think you missing the whole point...lol.

the rules of battling on this forum is by use of words!

basically the weapon of choice is trash talking about the other. the one with the best sentences that got sting! and cause the other person to back out wins.
DJ Liav 5:12 PM - 20 February, 2010
LOL, nah, it's not like that.

2cuchi, I got time today, hit me up and we will meet up if you have time. let's record !!

btw, I got an idea. We should start a thread with people placing their mixes, and recieve prizes.

I'll start the first one if people are interested, the prize will be a set of custom printed wrap for your mixer, laptop, and vinyls.
DJ_Phenom 5:38 PM - 20 February, 2010
vinyl wrap?
Mr Jimdobalina 6:51 PM - 20 February, 2010
Lol, another forum battle, is this one actually gonna happen???
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:01 PM - 20 February, 2010
ya this ones goin slow cause their acutually plannning on meeting in person
Mr Jimdobalina 7:15 PM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:
ya this ones goin slow cause their acutually plannning on meeting in person

Let's get ready to rumbllllllllleeee
djbanno 12:09 PM - 28 February, 2010
live stream to australia please...