DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pauly D positerism

Dj-M.Bezzle 4:36 PM - 26 January, 2010
Ok since it is "haterism" to say a unskilled person is unskilled i figured id take the example set in a different thread and use it to better the game. Instead of just sayin this guy sucks lwts use it as a teachning experience to make sure the next gen dosent follow in the same traps

heres a quote from another thread

www.scratchlive.net

Quote:
speakin of pauly d,
watch him kill (the vibe) at jet here
Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

im by no means a pro and though his scratching may be a bit more on point than mine could you even really call that a mix?? Not hatin on him but as a learning experience im trying to pinpoint the mistakes...1st off he let put a ring on it on a loop go on for waaaaayyyy to long, 2nd was anything beat matched? 3rd wasnt that REALLY off key transition, 4th is it just me or were his levels TOTALLY wrong making the transition sound THAT much worse, 5th, didnt he "scratch" in way off beat dropping vocals over vocals?.........am i in the ballpark here, did i miss anything or misevaluate anything??
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:37 PM - 26 January, 2010
oh and if anyone has any other vids (not just DJ PAULLY D!!!! vids but any) that you can use to point out exactly what was done wrong and how to improve go ahead and drop em in here, i feel like i could learn from the mistakes of others!!
DJ Benny B NYC 4:59 PM - 26 January, 2010
he is not a great dj - this has been established. he just doesn't really do anything that well and his scratching (imo) is worse than average and TOTALLY unnecessary.

that being said, he is not the worst dj I've seen. i'd say he's a little below average. just last weekend i went to a bunch of places in brooklyn and 2 of the djs i saw were far worse than him.

i think what people get angry about is how much fame and money he gets even though he isn't a very good dj.
Ghostship 5:00 PM - 26 January, 2010
Ok i'm no pro but there is just 3 mistake I see pauly d is doing and alot of noobie djs doing.
1. Overstratching without any technique and not even on the beat:
It just sound harsh and unlistenable.
Watchwww.youtube.com

2. Throwing cue point not on beat.
That just break the groove and sound really bad.

3. Watching wave form all the time while mixing and scratching
First it make you look like pete wentz trying to dj.
Secondly you totally loose the feeling of the music and the crowd contact wich is important. I sugest you to but the laptop next to you not in front of you and watch it the less possible, you are going to improve alot. Remember you listen to music with your ears not your eyes.
djcheeto 5:10 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:

1. Overstratching without any technique and not even on the beat:
It just sound harsh and unlistenable.
Watchwww.youtube.com

2. Throwing cue point not on beat.
That just break the groove and sound really bad.

3. Watching wave form all the time while mixing and scratching
Secondly you totally loose the feeling of the music and the crowd contact wich is important. I sugest you to but the laptop next to you not in front of you and watch it the less possible, you are going to improve alot. Remember you listen to music with your ears not your eyes.

+1

Lol i thought that was Pauly in that video! Sounds like him hahaha
AMF 5:11 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
just last weekend i went to a bunch of places in brooklyn and 2 of the djs i saw were far worse than him.

I absolutely cannot believe this.

If someone cannot spin twice as good as Pauly D, they literally have NO business DJing anywhere. And I am not hating. I just know "wack" when I see it. And this dude Pauly is... not so good (trying to keep it "positive" here).
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:16 PM - 26 January, 2010
from watching him on jersey shore and on youtube vids i think i may know what happened to this kid, i think he came up DJin just house fistpump spots and when he got famous he started bookin gigs where he acutually had to venture into top 40 non-dj formated BPM\key ranging music that he dosent have a feel for

Anyone else have any clips we can annalize and break down??
Marx&Villain 5:45 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
from watching him on jersey shore and on youtube vids i think i may know what happened to this kid, i think he came up DJin just house fistpump spots and when he got famous he started bookin gigs where he acutually had to venture into top 40 non-dj formated BPM\key ranging music that he dosent have a feel for

Anyone else have any clips we can annalize and break down??

+1
dj mikeb 5:46 PM - 26 January, 2010
Pete Wentz haha-spun with him-he played the same mix on both sides and crossfaded like he was doin sumthing-didn't even have the headphones plugged in....after it was over i told him he should be ashamed of himself and that he's ruining my industry. I was a lil drunk and aggressive so he got the hell out quick lol...

at least pauly tries-I dunno I watched every episode and he seems like a good dude-I feel bad that everyone hates on him,wouldn't u do the same in his position? remember don't hate the player...I would totally be on that show-seemed like a lot of fun...

Yeah dude is really tough to listen to but he gets the job done I guess? U just have to get use to the world we live in now where everyones a dj....do ur thing and if u get big its a bonus!
vega 5:53 PM - 26 January, 2010
something to learn from pauly d for the beginners looking in...

don't scratch just to scratch.. it has to have some purpose within the mix. A lot of people tend to over do this, and it just gets lost in the mix, or it takes some feeling out from the current song.. People are trying to sing a long and you're there scratching "ohh yeah" non stop all over the lyrics.

even good djs get carried away sometimes.. Theres a few DJ AM mixes where the scratching is just too much at some points.. its like "yeah, we know you can do crabs dude".. people like him can get away with it though cause the next song they drop bring the vibe right back up

for good examples of using scratch within club mixes, check out some bandoma mixes.. or excel.. or soem others i cant think of now

just sayin
sd vega
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:54 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
Pete Wentz haha-spun with him-he played the same mix on both sides and crossfaded like he was doin sumthing-didn't even have the headphones plugged in....after it was over i told him he should be ashamed of himself and that he's ruining my industry. I was a lil drunk and aggressive so he got the hell out quick lol...

lol mike b drunk moments are the best, its the only reason i check my twitter on fri sat and sun lol
PVK01 5:57 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
Ok since it is "haterism" to say a unskilled person is unskilled

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Some people can't handle the truth Bezzle....
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:00 PM - 26 January, 2010
im suprised D aint popped up in here yet since about 89% of his youtube traffic traces back to this forum
PVK01 6:02 PM - 26 January, 2010
He's busy with his second coat of hairgel lol
dj mikeb 6:03 PM - 26 January, 2010
I've been trying to keep it pg lately bezzle-sry,damn manager said i needed to stop...wtf?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:07 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
I've been trying to keep it pg lately bezzle-sry,damn manager said i needed to stop...wtf?

lol i can see why, i was in line at taco bell and pulled up that photoshopped pic of kontrol on accident not knowin what it was lol...i was like shit back button back button power power
dj mikeb 6:20 PM - 26 January, 2010
LMAO-i still hear crap from him about that....that was a terrible 3 weeks in the lives of the 3 bad brothaz
DJ Viru 6:33 PM - 26 January, 2010
JDforKing 6:49 PM - 26 January, 2010
i gave him the benefit of the doubt on another post and then i watched the video dj viru posted and i must say...hes bad..tries to hard... he needs some crafting. wow
Souldeluxe 6:53 PM - 26 January, 2010
His dj'ing may not be up to par but I kinda like the dude (no homo). He looked like he was having a lot of fun on the show. For me he and that mike dude really made the show.

Of course he's cashing in on it but I think he's been busy for a long time before the Jersey Shore.
DeezNotes 7:07 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
His dj'ing may not be up to par but I kinda like the dude (no homo). He looked like he was having a lot of fun on the show. For me he and that mike dude really made the show.

I liked the part where Mike handed him the grenade and as they were goin up the steps to the roof Pauly dipped on em! lol Mike said Pauly couldn't decipher the grenade. hahaha
DJ Benny B NYC 7:22 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
just last weekend i went to a bunch of places in brooklyn and 2 of the djs i saw were far worse than him.

I absolutely cannot believe this.

If someone cannot spin twice as good as Pauly D, they literally have NO business DJing anywhere. And I am not hating. I just know "wack" when I see it. And this dude Pauly is... not so good (trying to keep it "positive" here).

actually there are a lot of djs out there who aren't that good.... pauly's not the worst. he also could probably pull about 5000000 times more girls & make more money than us and that's what 99% of club owners and promoters care about so there you go.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:50 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
i gave him the benefit of the doubt on another post and then i watched the video dj viru posted and i must say...hes bad..tries to hard... he needs some crafting. wow

+1 i thought people were exagerating...until i saw the vid

Quote:

Of course he's cashing in on it but I think he's been busy for a long time before the Jersey Shore.

I acutually agree with you here dude seems hella cool and pretty down to earth and dosent seem to be taking himself to seriously, sure hes cashing in BUT thats all a part of marketing yourself which this dude is pretty good at,.....he said it himself ON the show, he was there to make a name for himself
DJSHARK 8:02 PM - 26 January, 2010
It just shows its not always about the gear but how the person that is using it.This guy uses top of the line stuff and has no technical skill what so ever.Thats probably what I sounded like when I was 15 in the skating dj'in for the first time.Its almost hard to watch and just knowing that this dude is making so much money because of a funny mtv show.
Chulindo 8:21 PM - 26 January, 2010
those video 2 pain full to wach....lol
PVK01 8:52 PM - 26 January, 2010
orange tan over quality ITT IMHO lol
DJWALDO 8:54 PM - 26 January, 2010
I'm just going to call it like I see it. Hate it or love it.

Pauly D: 20 something kid from Rhode Island that just like a lot of us loved music and the idea of djing for income. He buys some of the most solid and reliable equipment money can buy... very smart move. Obviously he normally spins house music which honestly does not take a rocket scientist to mix and where he comes from is probably the most common style used.... very smart move. He sent a video to MTV to audition for a tv show. LUCKILY he was chosen. Probably based on shear looks and part of his attitude. To be honest on the show in which I would think the objective is to make a ass of yourself for publicity he did not. If you notice he was probably the coolest non over reacting kid on the whole damn thing. Damn near played the role of the quiet smooth kid to perfection.... very smart move. Due to this chain of very smart moves he has found himself in a situation that allows him to charge thousands for his efforts (we all wish we could) just his facebook fan page has over a quarter million fans (we all wish we had that) the whole jersey shore thing no longer matters... all you have to say is Pauly D is spinning here tonight and girls will come out of the woodwork... and sadly that will not change for a while.

All in All the kid's brilliant. Pure marketing 101... he ran a clinic on it for the whole world to see.

CAN HE DJ? Abso fuckin lutely... he does understand what songs to play for a crowd consisting of lots of females to make the scream and dance. That brings out everyone, more girls, more guys to hit on them, more spent at the bar. Win win for everyone.

Did he practice the fundamentals of the craft... not enough. Transitions are sub par, creativity is a little lacking, scratching is ehhh....

With all that said... I could care less what anyone says on this forum... If any of you were able to market yourself light years faster than your skill progression, you too would be in Vegas picking up 8 grand a night and polishing skills as you go.... so to Pauly D... do you kid, do you. He is one of the exceptions in this business that we all had just better learn to deal with. I am 28 years old, married... grown and not getting younger. Djing has allowed me to not work a day job in years. However I am grown enough to understand that getting that kind of money for a gig is kind of like making it to the NFL. Everything has to be in the right place at the right time. Simply put he was in the right place at the right time. Does he suck? Yes... Is there a damn thing that any of us can do about it? No... you can set up opposite of him and fuck his whole world up infront of everyone and it will not change a thing. No one can make a big deal of you. They can of him. All the skill in the world will not make the club more money than this: TONIGHT DJ PAULY D STRAIGHT FROM MTV'S "JERSEY SHORE"!!!! And now since that name is created and is as mainstream as it is, it sadly will not go away...... so I will continue to cringe when I see vids of him but hate him I just can't....
DouggyFresh 8:57 PM - 26 January, 2010
As long as the Kardashians and the Hills stay away from the deck's the world will be a better place all in all...
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:00 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
I'm just going to call it like I see it. Hate it or love it.

Pauly D: 20 something kid from Rhode Island that just like a lot of us loved music and the idea of djing for income. He buys some of the most solid and reliable equipment money can buy... very smart move. Obviously he normally spins house music which honestly does not take a rocket scientist to mix and where he comes from is probably the most common style used.... very smart move. He sent a video to MTV to audition for a tv show. LUCKILY he was chosen. Probably based on shear looks and part of his attitude. To be honest on the show in which I would think the objective is to make a ass of yourself for publicity he did not. If you notice he was probably the coolest non over reacting kid on the whole damn thing. Damn near played the role of the quiet smooth kid to perfection.... very smart move. Due to this chain of very smart moves he has found himself in a situation that allows him to charge thousands for his efforts (we all wish we could) just his facebook fan page has over a quarter million fans (we all wish we had that) the whole jersey shore thing no longer matters... all you have to say is Pauly D is spinning here tonight and girls will come out of the woodwork... and sadly that will not change for a while.

All in All the kid's brilliant. Pure marketing 101... he ran a clinic on it for the whole world to see.

CAN HE DJ? Abso fuckin lutely... he does understand what songs to play for a crowd consisting of lots of females to make the scream and dance. That brings out everyone, more girls, more guys to hit on them, more spent at the bar. Win win for everyone.

Did he practice the fundamentals of the craft... not enough. Transitions are sub par, creativity is a little lacking, scratching is ehhh....

With all that said... I could care less what anyone says on this forum... If any of you were able to market yourself light years faster than your skill progression, you too would be in Vegas picking up 8 grand a night and polishing skills as you go.... so to Pauly D... do you kid, do you. He is one of the exceptions in this business that we all had just better learn to deal with. I am 28 years old, married... grown and not getting younger. Djing has allowed me to not work a day job in years. However I am grown enough to understand that getting that kind of money for a gig is kind of like making it to the NFL. Everything has to be in the right place at the right time. Simply put he was in the right place at the right time. Does he suck? Yes... Is there a damn thing that any of us can do about it? No... you can set up opposite of him and fuck his whole world up infront of everyone and it will not change a thing. No one can make a big deal of you. They can of him. All the skill in the world will not make the club more money than this: TONIGHT DJ PAULY D STRAIGHT FROM MTV'S "JERSEY SHORE"!!!! And now since that name is created and is as mainstream as it is, it sadly will not go away...... so I will continue to cringe when I see vids of him but hate him I just can't....

+1 perfect interpretation and well said sir
DJWALDO 9:17 PM - 26 January, 2010
I've read the articles about females running around new york with 2 ipods making 5 grand a night.... there is not 1 thing any of us can do about it. All over the world there are people that do jobs and someone somewhere doing the same job gets paid a hell of a lot more. It's just the way shit is. Take my father for instance... Man's been a fireman his whole life. He is now the Chief of fire for the whole county.... they pay him 68k a year. 50 miles away in another county the guy gets paid 150k. Is he any different? Nope... around the same age, same time put in... taken all the same classes, hold very similar certifications... Its just the way the cookie crumbles. There is no sense in being mad, hating on, or anything else. We all got in this because we wanted to. Even Perez Hilton's retarded ass is taking "DJ lessons". Why? Because for whatever reason he wants to.... Will he get paid more than us no matter his skill level? You better believe it! Celeb Dj's as a whole have minimal to no actual skill on decks. There have been several exceptions but as a whole no. 98% of them have yet to spend as much time in a smoke filled loud ass club with a bunch of drunk idiots asking for shit they can not even spell as most of us have. Stop wasting your time running your mouth about shit you can not change and start spend it trying to do exactly what some of these people have done... Get WAAAAAYYYYY out of the box on the topic of making a name for yourself. Making a name based on skill and local people loving you does not get you 8 grand a night.... However making a name based on shear hype and people hating on you will.... stop hating start thinking.... and keep practicing!
CMOS 9:21 PM - 26 January, 2010
Pauly D has the best line spoken on TV this year, and you all probably agree with it:

"I dont even wanna work, im fuckin a DJ"
DJWALDO 9:24 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
Pauly D has the best line spoken on TV this year, and you all probably agree with it:

"I dont even wanna work, im fuckin a DJ"

Thank you! I told my wife the same damn thing....
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:25 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
Making a name based on skill and local people loving you does not get you 8 grand a night.... However making a name based on shear hype and people hating on you will.... stop hating start thinking.... and keep practicing!

does my presence on this board make more sense now LOL
CMOS 9:25 PM - 26 January, 2010
lmaoooooooo hahah @ my typo.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:27 PM - 26 January, 2010
Quote:
lmaoooooooo hahah @ my typo.

lol holy shit how did i not notice that
Joshua Carl 1:02 AM - 27 January, 2010
so... he's a VJ now too?
DJ DisGrace 1:43 AM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
so... he's a VJ now too?

wonder where he got his videos..... craiglist?
bill-e 1:44 AM - 27 January, 2010
excuses for assclownery

tis what it tis i guess
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:00 AM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
All the skill in the world will not make the club more money than this: TONIGHT DJ PAULY D STRAIGHT FROM MTV'S "JERSEY SHORE"!!!!

Gospel.

I wish I was the muhfuggah that can book him for Deko or Club Abyss here in Jersey.
DJ Alkemy 2:38 AM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
im by no means a pro and though his scratching may be a bit more on point than mine

Bezzle, please tell me you were joking on this?

but anyways, this is so depressing to watch...what is the point?...totally bland, boring & repetative..fucking makes me ill...but to be honest, its not like he killed the vibe and thats why they werent dancing, its because the club was packed out with airhead dimwits and faggot ass gel wearing jocks who all turned up to catch a glimpse of some douchebag who starred in some nonsensical tv show that nobody gives a fuck about...I never heard of it....depressing really!
DJWALDO 3:17 AM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
im by no means a pro and though his scratching may be a bit more on point than mine

but anyways, this is so depressing to watch...what is the point?...totally bland, boring & repetative..fucking makes me ill...but to be honest, its not like he killed the vibe and thats why they werent dancing, its because the club was packed out with airhead dimwits and faggot ass gel wearing jocks who all turned up to catch a glimpse of some douchebag who starred in some nonsensical tv show that nobody gives a fuck about...I never heard of it....depressing really!

no offense at all seriously... but apparently enough people heard of it to pack the joint.....
Ajay 3:19 AM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
I've read the articles about females running around new york with 2 ipods making 5 grand a night....

Can you find any of these? I wonder which DJs it is...
djchrischip 3:28 AM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
All the skill in the world will not make the club more money than this: TONIGHT DJ PAULY D STRAIGHT FROM MTV'S "JERSEY SHORE"!!!!

Gospel.

I wish I was the muhfuggah that can book him for Deko or Club Abyss here in Jersey.

i could ask to get him booked but id stick to riz lol he does a dandy job rotfl
DJWALDO 3:45 AM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
I've read the articles about females running around new york with 2 ipods making 5 grand a night....

Can you find any of these? I wonder which DJs it is...

someone posted it on twitter a while back.... finding it now will probably be like finding a needle in a haystack
Joshua Carl 3:48 AM - 27 January, 2010
well its not Ipods... but we've talked about it here befoer
www.dollhousedjs.com
Constrictor 4:00 AM - 27 January, 2010
This thread was actually a sick idea. +1

Carry on, I'm enjoying reading this.
DJ Mr. $ 4:39 AM - 27 January, 2010
I look at it this way - pauly d is not getting hired to dj, he is hired to be a show. Just like if the club booked a band or a comedy act. No one is going to the club because they want to hear pauly dj, they are going to see him in person and say they were at a club with pauly d. There was an article in the NY times a few months ago about Madona's boyfriend getting $15,000 for his 2nd live gig EVER, why - because Madona shows up to his gigs.

Pauly is getting a huge break. He will need to pick his game up to stay at this level, either become a MUCH better DJ or getting on another TV show and staying in the tabloids.

As an above poster said Pauly has an opportunity that every dj wishes they had: the ability to live an upper class lifestyle while been flown around the country first class to dj. Were all jealous and hate on Pauly because of it, but if we had the opportunity to go on MTV and become a celeberty DJ we would without thinking about it.

Pauly's got great management and great people giving him advice.
DJ Mr. $ 4:50 AM - 27 January, 2010
Take this line from Ari Gold in Entourage when Vince asks him if he thinks Vince is a good actor - " I didnt sign you because I thought you were a good actor, I signed you because I thought you were a movie star."

This is the way the entertainment world works. The most talented are not always the most successful, the most marketable are. DJ's, singers, musicians, comedians, actors, are all in the same boat.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:34 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gospel.

Riz didn't have the highest Neilson ratings on the Finale' of his reality TV show...
sweetL 12:39 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
POSITERISM?

this is how i know you invented that word.

google it, and you are the only result.

www.google.co.uk
victor_M 12:53 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gospel.

Riz didn't have the highest Neilson ratings on the Finale' of his reality TV show...

give it a shot....he can work right next to egypt.

for an extra 50...they can sing ebony and ivory...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:56 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gospel.

But they're both Ivory.

FAIL.
victor_M 1:03 PM - 27 January, 2010
from what I re
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gospel.

But they're both Ivory.

FAIL.

ahh from what I remember she is more coffee with milk

ok

coffee with milk and ivory.

we can have timbo do the remix.
DJ Alkemy 2:04 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no offense at all seriously... but apparently enough people heard of it to pack the joint.....

None taken, Im in the UK so I didnt get to see this show...how will I ever get through this?...I need to get this show on DVD so I can put it next to my boxset of The Wire and Curb LMAO
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:11 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
POSITERISM?

this is how i know you invented that word.

google it, and you are the only result.

www.google.co.uk

lol thats AWSOME!!!
djcrap 4:23 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
so... he's a VJ now too?

he got his videos from mtv

and they have mtv logos in them too....hahahahaha lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:26 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
so... he's a VJ now too?

lol i was like damn mtvs hookin D up with vids their really tryna make him a prime time player.....oh...THE CHANNEL LOL!!!
Joshua Carl 4:28 PM - 27 January, 2010
no, that single ladies/be faithful video mix is from one of the video remix sites.

and the start this thing off right break(yeah) video is from crooklyn
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:31 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
no, that single ladies/be faithful video mix is from one of the video remix sites.

and the start this thing off right break(yeah) video is from crooklyn

lol damn i never noticed the video in the vid
DJ Benny B NYC 4:56 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
start this thing off right break(yeah)

anyone know the proper name to this song/mash?
DJ DisGrace 5:51 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:

that would make sense now that I think about it.... If I was ON mtv I would gladly take a copy of their whole collection, mtv logo or not!
Joshua Carl 6:00 PM - 27 January, 2010
DvDj Crush - Holla Boyz - Start This Thing Off
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:02 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
DvDj Crush - Holla Boyz - Start This Thing Off

big up to crush, dudes sick on the vid edits!!1
DJ Benny B NYC 6:05 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Holla Boyz - Start This Thing Off

thanks
DJBIGWIZ 6:41 PM - 27 January, 2010
I can't get with it. From what little I've seen of the show, he seems like a cool dude but as a DJ, I think he need's to practice A LOT more before he plays in public.
I really don't understand why this is acceptable in the DJ world... where else would it be ok for someone who is not good at what they do to get a free pass to do it because they are known for something else?
Would you go pay crazy money to eat at a restaurant where the chef couldn't cook to save his life but he had 15 min of fame from a reality show? Or, let a guest/celebrity doctor operate on you because he had nice hair and girls liked him but had no idea what he was doing? C'mon people... there are a lot of real DJ's out there that are not getting gigs because of bullshit like this. I can't give a whack dj credit for getting a gig based on something other that his DJ skills... that makes no sense at all.
You should not get DJ gigs based off of your Raping/Singing abilities
You should not get DJ gigs based off of your Sports abilities
You should not get DJ gigs based off of your Acting abilities
You should not get DJ gigs based off of your Drumming abilities
You should not get DJ gigs based off of your anything other that DJing abilities
You should not get DJ gigs based off of the ass you made of your self on a reality show (that is not a stab at P.D. I'm just sayin)
Like I said, he seems like an alright dude, but he should not be djing spots like that for that amount of loot with out getting his skills up.. he can still get paid to just show up and hang out at the club and the club can hire a real DJ and everybody wins.
DJ Benny B NYC 6:42 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
You should not get DJ gigs based off of your Raping abilities
DJBIGWIZ 6:44 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
You should not get DJ gigs based off of your Raping abilities

hahahahahaha

*Rapping abilities
(but I guess you DEFINITELY shouldn't get a gig based off of that either)
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:44 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
where else would it be ok for someone who is not good at what they do to get a free pass to do it because they are known for something else?.

paris hilton
kim kardashian
obama...lol
kevin federline
lil wayne
.....i can keep going
DJBIGWIZ 6:46 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
[

obama...lol

hahaha
DJ Benny B NYC 6:48 PM - 27 January, 2010
every single job that exists there are people getting promotions, more money, extra perks etc... for reasons like they know the right people, or they are good looking, etc... that's the way the world is - it's totally unfair.

and to be honest, if i was a promoter i would book this guy at least one time - i'd have a lot of fun and get a shitload of money
DJBIGWIZ 7:00 PM - 27 January, 2010
Maybe it's just me but I take pride in my work and actually care about the job I do.
I'm not gonna take a job knowing I don't have the skills required to do a good job.
I guess I have more integrity than that and also don't wanna make an ass out of my self for a buck.
I feel that people should get work based on their skills required for that job... not because they are good at something non related to that job.
If I buy something or hire someone for a job, I expect quality and want it done well.
Carry on people.... go shuck & jive for that almighty dollar! Talent & skill be damed!

Oh, and by the way... I'm doing house repair now if anyone needs anything done.
I'm really bad at it and charge an arm and a leg but I'm a really good DJ if that helps.
=)
dj tommy gunz 7:14 PM - 27 January, 2010
All and all , i know pauly d personally and he is agreat dude down to earth , (1) does he got some skills - yes (2)does he apply does skills the way he should - no (3) does he need some one to show him or teach him who to apply does skills and make them work to his advantage - yes AND AT THE END OF THE DAY everybody needs to learn something from someone , i been djing for 15yrs now and im still learning from other djs that i work with or that i know and just to throw some names out there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
DJ FREDDAGREAT , DJ CR THE BEAST , DJ RUKIZ , DJ PAULY D (THE REAL PAULY D)
DJ NAUGHTY , DJ TOMMYDEE , DJ VIBES , DJ RIGGS ,,,,, ALL DJS ARE LOCAL DJS HERE IN RHODE ISLAND that are making it one way or another , lets give props when they need to be given.................. just my 2cents
CMOS 7:52 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:

I'm really bad at it and charge an arm and a leg but I'm a really good DJ if that helps.
=)

My two ceiling fans wont stay locked on beat together, can you help?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:55 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Maybe it's just me but I take pride in my work and actually care about the job I do.
I'm not gonna take a job knowing I don't have the skills required to do a good job.
I feel that people should get work based on their skills required for that job... not because they are good at something non related to that job.
If I buy something or hire someone for a job, I expect quality and want it done well.
Carry on people.... go shuck & jive for that almighty dollar! Talent & skill be damed!

=)

And his job is to bring a massive crowd who want to see him in person...hes doing a bang up job and probably far better than the resident DJ at that
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:55 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:

=)

oh and IBTL

LOL JUST KIDDING
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:56 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
(1) does he got some skills - yes (2)does he apply does skills the way he should - no

thats a very interesting concept
DJBIGWIZ 8:09 PM - 27 January, 2010
[quote
And his job is to bring a massive crowd who want to see him in person...hes doing a bang up job and probably far better than the resident DJ at that
If he is hired as a DJ, his job is to DJ and he did not do a bang up job from what I saw.
If his job is to bring people in to see him, that sounds more like a promoter or guest celebrity or host etc... Clubs hire people like Paris Hilton and others to just show up at the club and hang out so people will come through. And, like I said before, they could pay him to come to the club so people could see him and say "with special guest Paulie D from MTV in the house" and people will still come to see him. There is no need to have him there doing a bad job.

Quote:

oh and IBTL

LOL JUST KIDDING

Quote:
Quote:
(1) does he got some skills - yes (2)does he apply does skills the way he should - no

thats a very interesting concept

hahaha you got jokes today
=)
DJBIGWIZ 8:10 PM - 27 January, 2010
^^^quote fail
lol
DJDAMNAGE 8:30 PM - 27 January, 2010
Seeing this just makes me laugh. Straight up
dj_soo 8:38 PM - 27 January, 2010
meh - can't hate. he'd be an idiot not to get that cash.

that being said, he should probably learn what he can't actually do and stop doing it. I'm sure if he just did basic mixing, he'd be better than a lot of the shitty djs in the club.

kid is just trying to do stuff that he's just not capable of doing yet.

whatever, i prefer to focus on my own game than hating on someone else's.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:38 PM - 27 January, 2010
i love how after the original post this thread took a hard left and just started running lol
dj_soo 8:40 PM - 27 January, 2010
well as per your original post - he's a pretty shitty dj. especially for one getting paid close to 5 figures.

At least the high-priced edm guys don't scratch because they know they can't...
DJ SPAIR 8:50 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:

Would you go pay crazy money to eat at a restaurant where the chef couldn't cook to save his life but he had 15 min of fame from a reality show?

Maybe, At least here I get the best of both worlds. www.djchef.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:51 PM - 27 January, 2010
shit loads of peopel eat at emralds restraunt in new orleans, sure its delicious but crazy overpriced...most people have no idea its good food they just go cause emralds name is on it
DJ Benny B NYC 9:03 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Would you go pay crazy money to eat at a restaurant where the chef couldn't cook to save his life but he had 15 min of fame from a reality show?

yes, yes, YES

i might not, but in NYC and LA many people eat at restaurants that are notorious for having lousy food AND service, but they are "hot spots." mr chows, tavern on the green (now closed) etc...
DJBIGWIZ 9:15 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
shit loads of peopel eat at emralds restraunt in new orleans, sure its delicious but crazy overpriced...most people have no idea its good food they just go cause emralds name is on it

Emrald IS a chef and like you said, the food is delicious.... not the same
Im talking about hireing someone who is NOT a chef and the food is lousy.
Understand?

Quote:

lol

Quote:

i might not, but in NYC and LA many people eat at restaurants that are notorious for having lousy food AND service, but they are "hot spots." mr chows, tavern on the green (now closed) etc...

but they are not hireing Celebrities to cook bad food so that people will come to the restaurant.... understand what I'm talking about here.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:17 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:

but they are not hireing Celebrities to cook bad food so that people will come to the restaurant.... understand what I'm talking about here.

what about that taco bell that hired heidi and spensor fromt he hills to work it for the day??
DJBIGWIZ 9:21 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

what about that taco bell that hired heidi and spensor fromt he hills to work it for the day??

hahaha... why do you even know that?

whatever...
Quote:

I feel that people should get work based on their skills required for that job... not because they are good at something not related to that job.

If you don't understand that or agree with it then cool, keep aspiring for mediocrity.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:22 PM - 27 January, 2010
TMZ.com app on iphone....gotta keep upwith important events LOL
DJBIGWIZ 9:22 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:
TMZ.com app on iphone....gotta keep upwith important events LOL

hahaha
DJBIGWIZ 9:36 PM - 27 January, 2010
Quote:

I'd rather go to Brennan's
=)
djchrischip 12:09 AM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gospel.

ya ur right he has a skill set developed over the course of years... fuck me wat was i thinking rotfl
DJ SPAIR 4:07 AM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I'd rather go to Brennan's
=)

Hey Wiz.. I'm not mad at him..Haha. He's got his 1200 set battle style with some Profile record. He must have some stripes.
Tururu 6:32 AM - 28 January, 2010
www.tmz.com

Pauly d was making $1000 a night at before jersey shore?
smh
djchrischip 6:36 AM - 28 January, 2010
we all have to go to providence RI n undercut by asking for 900 a gig jpp.......is it still undercutting if its 3x wat u get at home rotfl
dj tommy gunz 6:57 AM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
www.tmz.com

smh

i could tell that pauly d wasnt make $1000 at night ,,,, thats for damn sure
decals4djs.net 7:01 AM - 28 January, 2010
jeez look at this thread, apparently i am the minority when I say i have not watched one episode of jersey shore!

-!
frost-9 8:32 AM - 28 January, 2010
that scratching reminds me of super greg....

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJBLISS89 9:37 AM - 28 January, 2010
i hate that pauly d video in so many ways
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:54 AM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
www.tmz.com

smh

BOOOOLLLLLLLLSHHHHHEEEEEIIIITTTTT....
bill-e 1:40 PM - 28 January, 2010
lol dj chef
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:00 PM - 28 January, 2010
so ya im just going to chalk positerism up as a failed experiment
AMF 2:34 PM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
jeez look at this thread, apparently i am the minority when I say i have not watched one episode of jersey shore!

-!

I'm REALLY in the minority because I've never even heard of Jersey Shore before this thread. =P
DJBIGWIZ 4:34 PM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
so ya im just going to chalk positerism up as a failed experiment

lolol
I don't know... I thought Ghostship had some good positerism for Super Greg
Quote:

Hey Wiz.. I'm not mad at him..Haha. He's got his 1200 set battle style with some Profile record. He must have some stripes.

I couldn't see a Profile record in that vid... just blue SSL's and if he DID have a profile record, he sure didn't play it otherwise I WOULD give him a couple of points hahaha
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:52 PM - 28 January, 2010

I never have seen the show, but I've seen him on a flyer for around here. He uses good dj software.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:55 PM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
He uses good dj software.

LOL!!!! awsome
sacrilicious 7:48 PM - 28 January, 2010
I even heard he was sponsored by Rane
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:49 PM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
I even heard he was sponsored by Rane

close his EQUIPMENT is sponsored by rane...and they stand behing that equipment and its skill 100%
DJ Mr. $ 7:53 PM - 28 January, 2010
Pauly might be a horrible dj but he is a great business man (or surrounded by great business men) and great at marketing himself. He's done something that every dj needs to do - make promoters want to hire him. The TV show Jersey Shore took him to the next level. Will it last? Not without him either doing another season of the show or picking up another show unless his dj skills show massive improvement.

It's natural to hate on Pauly, because he's doing something we all want to do, traveling around the country djing for $10k/night. Turntable skills or not, Pauly has a ton of value to promoters when they put MTV DJ Pauly D from Jersey Shore on a flyer, just like when they put DJ Jazzy Jeff from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Jazz is one hell of a DJ. but he is making the money he is making right now from being Will Smith's DJ and being on that TV show. He has lasted this long making the big money because of his skill, will Pauly, time will tell.

But i'll tell you one thing, i'd perfer to DJ like Pauly and make $10,000 per night instead of being a much better DJ and taking 2-3 months to make that kind of money.
DJ Mr. $ 7:57 PM - 28 January, 2010
^^ also when Pauly was in NYC this weekend to DJ, he was only spinning from 11-1, basically the opening set was Pauly and then a real DJ took over.

Mike "The Situation" is getting $7,500 to MC and he has no mic skills what so ever
DouggyFresh 7:57 PM - 28 January, 2010
Quote:
www.tmz.com

smh

I think it's funny we're ripping on him for getting close to $10k for a night now, when he was already making serious bank.. Totally agree on ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ with the last post on marketing yourself and being a business man. At the end of the day, if the club won't pay you the money you want, it's time to start marketing yourself as a viable crowd puller.
DJ Mr. $ 8:01 PM - 28 January, 2010
^^ exactly. We all sit here saying how we DJ so much better than him and yada yada yada but he's getting the last laugh and the $.
Joshua Carl 8:02 PM - 28 January, 2010
Heres something I can tell you.

A local owner told me he had booked him for a date in February for $2000.00 back a few months ago...

somehow in the last month the deal "fell through" though...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
thats really the only fact I can add to this conversation, that and MR.$'s Jazzy jeff's comparison is is dead on for how the "other side of the coin" would be...
And Id say that has worked out for pretty good for Jeff.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:03 PM - 28 January, 2010
one thing important to notice is D did nothing but promote himself on the show, every chance he got he slipped in he was a dj or did something dj related.....hell when he was walking to the door on episode 1 he had a damn DJ backpack on...he never got into fights he really didnt cause arguments or act stupid he just put what he wanted to accomplish into the spotlight every chance he got,,,,,hell on the reunion show they were tryna talk about that ugly stalker chick and EVEN THEN he managed to slip in oh ya she came to a show i was djing at in rhode island
Gouda 11:13 PM - 28 January, 2010
wow you people act like this is new. there are a hand full of mediocre djs who don't deserve what they get paid. READ THE LIST. In no chronological order

Steve Aoki
Tina T
Ghram Funke
Dj Reach
Sky Nellor
Eric Cubeechee
Dj Spooky
........need I say more??
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:15 PM - 28 January, 2010
ive only heard of 1 of those lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:39 PM - 29 January, 2010
i think they were talking about my thread LOL

remixreport.com
bourbonstmc 4:25 PM - 29 January, 2010
Quote:
im suprised D aint popped up in here yet since about 89% of his youtube traffic traces back to this forum

Where you get that info? Enquiring minds want to know.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:32 PM - 29 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Where you get that info? Enquiring minds want to know.

wasnt a fact but since he has about 4 threads going with youtube links to his vids and theres typically between 600 and 800 people browsing the forum and the threads discussing sed videos contain 100+ posts and stay inthe top 5 newest threads posted typically id say the youtube tracking statistics from this site would have a nice footpring....especially since hes a DJ who uses SL i would think it would catch his attn
bill-e 4:58 PM - 29 January, 2010
still saying it...

excuses for assclownery

atleast jazzy jeff was on a good show, a great dj before, and great dj today. he's been stepping up the game since day one. that's someone you can respect.

but this type of tomfoolery you choose to tolerate?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:12 PM - 29 January, 2010
my new goal for the day is to use the word tomfoolery in a conversation
DJ Pullout 5:34 PM - 29 January, 2010
Quote:
my new goal for the day is to use the word tomfoolery in a conversation

2nd
-DMT- 5:03 AM - 31 January, 2010
How was the guy a House DJ if he can't beatmatch?
Audio1 5:41 AM - 31 January, 2010
[link removed]
DJ_Phenom 6:05 AM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
wow you people act like this is new. there are a hand full of mediocre djs who don't deserve what they get paid. READ THE LIST. In no chronological order

Steve Aoki
Tina T
Ghram Funke
Dj Reach
Sky Nellor
Eric Cubeechee
Dj Spooky

Aoki is not a mediocre DJ, unless you are one of the forum members that also think AM was a mediocre DJ
O.B.1 10:19 AM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
my new goal for the day is to use the word assclownery in a conversation

fixed...
DJBLISS89 11:01 AM - 31 January, 2010
Pauly D and Vinny on Power 106, very funny

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ MiFo 3:32 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Classic!!!! LMFAO
djdragon 4:23 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
that scratching reminds me of super greg....

Watchwww.youtube.com

I 'm not sure if you knew this but Super Greg is also Curry rubberburner.dodonetwork.net
Joshua Carl 4:39 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

that was freakin hilarious.
MrTM2 6:20 PM - 31 January, 2010
Wow. He really thinks he can take DJ AM's place.

news.bostonherald.com
gotchuckz 8:27 PM - 31 January, 2010
damn is that fool vick one for reals. never knew he sounded like that.
Flipsta 9:30 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:

Oh wow, this is just awesome....I like how in the picture he's mixing a record with a frying pan, LOL!!
DJBLISS89 10:41 PM - 31 January, 2010
DJ AM was the most popular DJ for a reason, yes dating Nicole Richie got him to celebrity status, but the dude's skills are unbelievable, he's excellent at scratch and profound at his music selection, I have yet to find as good a DJ as AM (in terms of DJ'n at Nightclubs and being a Top 40 DJ, of course he was not the best DJ in the world when you compare him to David Guetta, Daft Punk, Bob Sinclair, etc...) So when people or Pauly D says he is the next DJ AM, they don't know what they're talkin about lol
DJBLISS89 10:48 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Steve Aoki
Tina T
Ghram Funke
Dj Reach
Sky Nellor
Eric Cubeechee
Dj Spooky

Aoki is not a mediocre DJ, unless you are one of the forum members that also think AM was a mediocre DJ

Aoki isn't a good DJ, great producer though, but he's def a mediocre dj
djchrischip 10:53 PM - 31 January, 2010
ya tht is a fuckin shame tht this talentess hack even compares himself to AM... klutch could be the new AM if he just plays the celeb game right... i let this asshole slide b4 but thts lik me sayin im the white jazzy jeff jkk
fucking hump bag...
n for the record this wanna be growing up gotti fuck gives italians a bad name... was funny at first but now its just plain sad.... grow up asshole n i kno u have read the forums so i hope u see it jerkoff
DJWALDO 11:43 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
(in terms of DJ'n at Nightclubs and being a Top 40 DJ, of course he was not the best DJ in the world when you compare him to David Guetta, Daft Punk, Bob Sinclair, etc...) l

when I see any of them ROCK 1200's like AM, Qbert, Raida, Jeff... the list goes on and on I'll consider them DJ's... until then call me what you want but those guys are nothing but "on stage producers" NOT club dj's. I don't care how many clubs book them... that is the same situation with Pauly D... Pauly D sucks but girls love him can't dj for shit. People love the "on stage producers" music that does not make them a DJ.
Yianni NYC 11:49 PM - 31 January, 2010
You guys are making this kid more famous... there a whole topic on him for god sakes lol
Flipsta 11:52 PM - 31 January, 2010
I think we should be working on making dj chef more famous....dude mixes records with frying pans full of food!
DJWALDO 11:59 PM - 31 January, 2010
I hope the whole damn world hears about Pauly D till their fucking ears bleed! I hope the words UPWARDS OF 10 GRAND PER SHOW gets into everyones head so deep that MAYBE just MAYBE club owners will pay those of us who aren't on tv but rocking their clubs night after night a little more than the chump change a lot of us are dealing with....
Gouda 2:58 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Steve Aoki
Tina T
Ghram Funke
Dj Reach
Sky Nellor
Eric Cubeechee
Dj Spooky

Comparing Aoki to AM is like comparing a Daewoo to a Lexus.
djchrischip 3:00 AM - 1 February, 2010
rotfl @daewoo
DJ_Phenom 3:04 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Comparing Aoki to AM is like comparing a Daewoo to a Lexus.

I didn't mean to compare Aoki to AM as they are completely different stylistically(and yes I think AM is much better). I was more trying to make the connection to people dissing either of them as DJs because of the way they got to where they are, celeb status, basically. I've seen Aoki Live and it was a good show, not sure why I hear people rip him as a DJ.
frost-9 3:51 AM - 1 February, 2010
because he throws himself all over the stage like some kind of half ass drunken rockstar while playing crap that you can't differentiate from speaker distortion...
DJ_Phenom 4:48 AM - 1 February, 2010
not how it happened in austin, but I can't attest to the other shows. I like electro tho, so I may be biased...
DJ_Phenom 4:49 AM - 1 February, 2010
on the speaker distortion part*
frost-9 5:18 AM - 1 February, 2010
there are two different kinds of electro, the good stuff that came out yesteryear circa 2005 - 2006, and the bleepy bloppy crap of today that revolves around samples from Frogger and other early 80's Atari games. Aoki's style is clearly the latter. This has been discussed ad nauseam.
bill-e 5:43 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Steve Aoki
Tina T
Ghram Funke
Dj Reach
Sky Nellor
Eric Cubeechee
Dj Spooky

curious...what's wrong with those skam artist dudes?
what's up thi
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:32 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
You guys are making this kid more famous... there a whole topic on him for god sakes lol

theres a whole thread about me on here to dosent mean im worth a shit lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:29 AM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

theres a whole thread about me on here to dosent mean im worth a shit lol

If you made 10K a night, you'd be the shit.
Z0nkers 3:38 PM - 6 February, 2010
SiRocket 7:21 PM - 6 February, 2010
aoki sucks! and WTF is pauly watching the screen when he is scratching at jet??? hopefully he will realize one day that scratching is best when it sounds funky, not when the waveforms look cool.... feel the funk brother, feel the funk, and you will be a much better dj!

I agree with the guys on here that know their shit... market yourselves, get a following, put an image out there that people want, and if you have skills to back it up then i pride you.....
DJWALDO 10:53 PM - 6 February, 2010
if i see one more "old school person" or "I cover my wave forms but still end up staring at my screen all night picking music so wtf is the difference person" comment on someone looking at a screen..... back in the day we looked for pictures on albums which required us to look at something then plenty of us have held the lighter to the record looking at guess what the fucking wave form essentially for the breaks on new records which required us to look at shit again guess what?? Djing has become even more visual now with dvs systems.... though pauly d is a bad example due to sucking horribly... my question who gives a fuck who looks at what, when, why, or how long.... if its sounds good, crowd enjoys it, gets a paycheck who the hell are any of us to care and or comment on it? stfu and do YOU.

Feel free to respond however you want that... get personal... get retarded... get bent... i could give two shits. I'm over the term wavie just like I am over haiti... dj's bitching about people using every tool available to them to do a job is fucking retarded... 20 years ago guys were using every tool they could and ain't a damn thing changed but the tools....
SiRocket 2:58 AM - 7 February, 2010
not bitching about the waveforms waldo... just asking... when you are scratching the same sample over and over again and not LOOKING for the break.... whats the benefit of watching your waveform go back and forth 20 times. LOL.... honestly... is it more in the waveform or should your concentration be on your hand speed and feel and your fader touch, or one your eyes watching the waveform go back and forth and back and forth again.. ;)

the thing here is.... it didn't sound good to the crowd...

/end of story.
Z0nkers 7:51 AM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:
if i see one more "old school person" or "I cover my wave forms but still end up staring at my screen all night picking music so wtf is the difference person" comment on someone looking at a screen..... back in the day we looked for pictures on albums which required us to look at something then plenty of us have held the lighter to the record looking at guess what the fucking wave form essentially for the breaks on new records which required us to look at shit again guess what?? Djing has become even more visual now with dvs systems.... though pauly d is a bad example due to sucking horribly... my question who gives a fuck who looks at what, when, why, or how long.... if its sounds good, crowd enjoys it, gets a paycheck who the hell are any of us to care and or comment on it? stfu and do YOU.

Feel free to respond however you want that... get personal... get retarded... get bent... i could give two shits. I'm over the term wavie just like I am over haiti... dj's bitching about people using every tool available to them to do a job is fucking retarded... 20 years ago guys were using every tool they could and ain't a damn thing changed but the tools....

+1
vega 11:05 AM - 7 February, 2010
graham funke is a pretty good dj.. just so you people know.. captains of industry will shit on this board twice over
DJJorel 1:00 PM - 7 February, 2010
First off...He spun at Jet in Vegas, at the Mirage Hotel and Casino, which is at the heart of the LV Strip. Anybody can take the wheels at primetime, at most clubs on the LV Strip on a Friday night, play a Single Ladies party break and trainwreck into Yeah! party break, and get the crowd to fist pump and hoot and holler at you...seriously, the floor is packed already, a bunch of people are horny and drunk, and they really don't give 2 shits about how the music is thrown in. As long as they hear the typical primetime playlist, it really doesn't matter...

The real skill is landing that primetime spot on the weekend in a club on the LV strip...it's all about the hustle and using whatever you can to get that spot. Some of us submit demos and mixtapes, Pauly D got a stupid MTV show for a demo...but it's a show that a lot of people watch. And he probably has a booking agent that does all the selling for him...

Do I think Pauly D is a good DJ? Well, judging from that clip, hell no! I know a bunch of us on this board have skills that are far more advanced than anything he can probably do. But, in part because I am not on MTV, I don't think I will ever get paid 8k to spin primetime at an a-list club. And honestly, I do not mind that at all...DJing has been really good to me already...

Bottom line, he may be a wack DJ, but you can't knock Pauly D's hustle, or his booking agent's hustle...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:32 PM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:

Just a quick note, because you bring it to the forefront...

It is documented that successful DJ's are always keeping an eye on THEIR CROWD.

This way, the DJ can react accordingly to what the crowd wants and needs.

Looking at the Waveforms constantly, is equivalent to a DJ constantly looking at his decks constantly, and not looking up to check his attachment to the crowd.

As far as DJ'ing is concerned, that is fundamentally incorrect.

You have to be "connected" to your crowd.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:33 PM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:

Bottom line, he may be a wack DJ, but you can't knock Pauly D's hustle, or his booking agent's hustle...

Now THAT is the end of the thread.

It's nothing more, it's nothing less.
Z0nkers 2:20 PM - 7 February, 2010
it will be interesting to see what he does with al this a few years from now. basically he is startng out at the best clubs in the very beginning of his career. so he really does have a good chance of becomming a top known international dj if he practices 12+hours every single day and works slong side the ebst i the industry....or he could spend too much time on his hair instead of learning and end up laughed out of the industry and do the walk of shame. he might just end up slowly slipping into the background for 1k a night a couple times a week too if he gets caught up in the lifestyle

this is a great chance for everyone on the board to learn somethhing about the industry and how to make it big without nessearily being the best technical dj. ive said it more than once before... getting past a certain point in this biz requires a lot more than what yu can do with a couple turntables.....watch & learn from this guy :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:24 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Now THAT is the end of the thread.

It's nothing more, it's nothing less.

which is funney since it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, acutually past mabye the 2nd post nothing in this thread has anything to do with the proposed topic..th ethread shoulda ended with "positerism is a failed experiment" lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:26 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
he really does have a good chance of becomming a top known international dj if he practices 12+hours every single day and works slong side the ebst i the industryquote]

def giving to much credit there, he could become very good but internationally known...ehhh

I think if MTV was smart theyd double up and take all their stock pauly d footage and turn it into an episode of MTVs MADE...I WANNA BE A DJ...pair him up with jeff or someone and get him on track
Dj BuddyLove 4:23 AM - 10 February, 2010
Jersey Shore’s Pauly D Offered $50,000 to Walk Bride Down Aisle

Quote:
Pauly D's representation told RadarOnline,
"We rejected the offer, because Pauly is a serious DJ

[insert laugh]
and all the other cast members are doing lots of
personal appearances but Pauly D is not necessarily
doing the personal appearances because he feels he has
a lot to learn as a DJ. He does not want to be doing
stuff that is unrelated to DJ-ing."

www.theplunge.com