DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Scratch Live 2.0 Beta Area

DJ Dollar 6:10 PM - 18 January, 2010
Will some one tell me where the beta area is so i can direct my comments there. I would like to get to work testing this with all of my machines, from what i have seen it gonna be a learning curve
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:18 PM - 18 January, 2010
facepalm
Konix 6:19 PM - 18 January, 2010
Well, obviously you have one of the leaked copies floating around because if you were an official invited beta tester you wouldn't be asking where the beta area is. The beta area is only open to those officially invited by Serato.
DJ Dollar 6:23 PM - 18 January, 2010
i have only seen the videos on youtube, i want to get my hand on a copy
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:24 PM - 18 January, 2010
The 2.0 public beta should be available next week PLEASE take note that this is a beta version and we do not advertise it as stable. We also do not do tech support for betas. All problems must be reported in the special Beta help section. Before using, backup all of your information.
DJ Dollar 6:26 PM - 18 January, 2010
yes im aware of this fact, when you say next week you mean jan 18 to 24th or 25th to 30th ?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:26 PM - 18 January, 2010
would it be possible for the mods to "sticky" a kidney punch for these types of questions
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:27 PM - 18 January, 2010
Quote:
yes im aware of this fact, when you say next week you mean jan 18 to 24th or 25th to 30th ?

he means next week as in when they make it stable enough to be public beta theyll release it not a day sooner or later
DJ Dollar 6:29 PM - 18 January, 2010
all i was doing was narrowing do a time line to stop all of the bantering going on on the forums
DJ Dollar 6:31 PM - 18 January, 2010
then i withdraw my request for a timeline...... let the free for, all continue .... Jerry, Jerry, Jerry
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:32 PM - 18 January, 2010
Quote:
all i was doing was narrowing do a time line to stop all of the bantering going on on the forums

if they had an exact date dont you think theyd just post it and do what your trying to do, the reason a date hasnt been released is because there isnt an in stone date, when they get it stable enough from the private beta testers to go public they will
dj_soo 7:26 PM - 18 January, 2010
just a note to the newbs and the recent converts: Serato *never* releases exact dates for software. They are very much a "it'll be out when it's ready" kind of company.

If they released hard dates everyone would either be bitching at the bugs that were left in or bitching that the release dates aren't being followed.

Look at Blizzard - they release dates for their games all the time and are almost consistently a year late with the actual release. How would you feel if serato said "2.0 will be out in May 24th!" and then have em push it back every 3 months for a year?
the_black_one 7:29 PM - 18 January, 2010
Quote:
would it be possible for the mods to "sticky" a kidney punch for these types of questions

are the letters on your key board still visible?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:31 PM - 18 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

are the letters on your key board still visible?

ya they appear to still be there...numbers too
DJ Dollar 7:32 PM - 18 January, 2010
true.... i need a new keyboard cant read the letters
DJ'Que 7:38 PM - 18 January, 2010
^^^ Dj Dollar well you will have to wait to get the beta.
DJ'Que 7:39 PM - 18 January, 2010
also on this side. Stabilty comes first.
Futuretek 8:08 PM - 18 January, 2010
We all cant wait! But we can all agree that serato has done well with keeping Dj's in the loop with their betas. All in due time!!
skinnyguy 8:58 PM - 18 January, 2010
Quote:
The 2.0 public beta should be available next week PLEASE take note that this is a beta version and we do not advertise it as stable. We also do not do tech support for betas. All problems must be reported in the special Beta help section. Before using, backup all of your information.

nobody is going to remember this.
knox001 10:46 PM - 18 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

nobody is going to remember this.

unfortunatly...

at this part the guys of serato need us to improve the software and find bugs they couldnt find not yet...

the more ppl do good reports, the better software will be in our hands at the end of the line ;)
Nicky Blunt 10:23 AM - 19 January, 2010
man yall push way too much!

The other beta threads get locked so you just start up new ones. C'mon son!! Whats with that???
Evil_banana 1:00 PM - 19 January, 2010
Quote:
man yall push way too much!

The other beta threads get locked so you just start up new ones. C'mon son!! Whats with that???

Because this software release is the god of all gods. It's the Zeus on the mountain Olympus :oP. The one everyone has REALLY been waiting for.
C'mon man, you know how it is with drug-addicts :o)

Just kidding, not gonna push, but I am VERY anxious to get this one in my hands. I've been waiting for the album artwork feature for 3 years. Can't wait until it releases.
Nicky Blunt 1:40 PM - 19 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
man yall push way too much!The other beta threads get locked so you just start up new ones. C'mon son!! Whats with that???
Because this software release is the god of all gods. It's the Zeus on the mountain Olympus :oP. The one everyone has REALLY been waiting for.C'mon man, you know how it is with drug-addicts :o)Just kidding, not gonna push, but I am VERY anxious to get this one in my hands. I've been waiting for the album artwork feature for 3 years. Can't wait until it releases.

You think this is different for me???

Ive been wanting lots of these features too! You will also notice my name in the artwork thread, yes Im xcited about it!! Do I want it b4 its ready hell no! Ive spent ages working on my library & I dont want it corrupted or even erased (yes both of these have happened with previous betas) So for me I'll be happy to get it when its ready.

Take your time guys i'll take mine when its ready, rather than it being rushed out to keep a bunch of guys who cant wait for their new birthday pressies.
dj Daniel Vasquez 9:20 PM - 1 February, 2010
autotuned
"where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?where is the link?.....oh where is the f'n link? im on a boat...and i need need to know where is the link? my ships about to sink....mafackers where is the link?whe whe whe where is the link?i need it real bad... OR I"LL KEEP RAPPING REAL BAD.
dj Daniel Vasquez 9:21 PM - 1 February, 2010
i know awful so send me the link. plz....i will post a proper review :D
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:24 PM - 1 February, 2010
its at the bottom of the ocean hold you breath and swin down there youll find it
dj-freestyle 9:30 PM - 1 February, 2010
They are gonna keep this beta away from us forever if people keep asking becasue they know people are gonna use it at there gigs like's its safe. its a beta people, serato better just keep this one till its completely safe cause people just dont listen.
djdragon 9:47 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
i know awful so send me the link. plz....i will post a proper review :D

You see there's this fork, and you place it into your eye.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:53 PM - 1 February, 2010
i heard 2.0 is already in the code it just needs to be activated so if you have 1.9.2 and just CANT wait for the beta what you can do is take a nice shiny new fork, run it under the sink for about 5 to 10 minutes, get it nice and wet, find the nearest power outlet and.....damn it ive said to much youll have to figure the rest out on your own
dj-freestyle 9:55 PM - 1 February, 2010
I thought you had to mix 2 songs exactly on beat and hop on on leg and chant 2.0 2.0 2.0, then it works.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:02 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
I thought you had to mix 2 songs exactly on beat and hop on on leg and chant 2.0 2.0 2.0, then it works.

do you realise the kinda outrage serato would have to take if matching a beat was a requirement to get the new program lol 2.0 would have liek 27 users....and the boards would be filled with BUT THEY HAVENT ACTIVATED MY SYNC BUTTON YET!!!!! and BUT NOONE BEATMATCHES ANYMORE ITS NOT IMPORTANT..

IT IS NOW BITCH LOL
Audio1 10:05 PM - 1 February, 2010
[Link Removed]
dj-freestyle 10:09 PM - 1 February, 2010
lol, I so dont get the whole sync button thing, thats the whole point to learning how to dj, i spent years mastering it, it was the fun of it. Why even dj if you have no desire to master the craft. Instant dj, just add water i guess.
DJ Shameless 10:16 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
[Link Removed]

haha...
at this rate, u gonna ban yourself by mistake.... then we gotta listen to b-grade mixtapes.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:22 PM - 1 February, 2010
Audio2
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:43 PM - 1 February, 2010
You have to be down like Leroy Brown,
to roll in the two fifty eight town,
badder than old king kong,
meaner than a junk yeard dog.
the_black_one 11:48 PM - 1 February, 2010
[enlace eliminada]
djdragon 6:25 AM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
where is the f'n link?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Evil_banana 9:09 AM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

do you realise the kinda outrage serato would have to take if matching a beat was a requirement to get the new program lol 2.0 would have liek 27 users....and the boards would be filled with BUT THEY HAVENT ACTIVATED MY SYNC BUTTON YET!!!!! and BUT NOONE BEATMATCHES ANYMORE ITS NOT IMPORTANT..

IT IS NOW BITCH LOL

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm in tears
DJ Alkemy 12:32 PM - 2 February, 2010
Just wondering when they say to back up all my info...does that mean just anything in my scratch live folders or EVERYTHING important on my laptop?
Evil_banana 12:44 PM - 2 February, 2010
Alkemy: Since Serato is not vital to your computer-system, I don't think SL2.0 could have the kind of impact that makes you reinstall everything. I would backup everything from Serato (and Ableton if you plan on using 'the bridge')
Evil_banana 12:44 PM - 2 February, 2010
(But it's generally good computer-practice to backup anything important, regardless of Serato :o)
DJ Alkemy 12:50 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Alkemy: Since Serato is not vital to your computer-system, I don't think SL2.0 could have the kind of impact that makes you reinstall everything. I would backup everything from Serato (and Ableton if you plan on using 'the bridge')

Cool....I only use music on my Laptop for Serato and anything I dont spin goes on my hard drive so I just make a folder called Scratch Live Crates with all relevant genres inside...that is in the my music section of my laptop, I just then add them from there using Serato's FILES tab . So you think that making a backup of my Scratch Live Crates folder would be sufficient?. If not, I might just wait till the final release.
Evil_banana 1:45 PM - 2 February, 2010
I would play on the safe side and backup up you music-containing-folder(s) as well, since Serato does access your tracks as well (cue points, tags, waveforms,...). Never know that might become corrupted as well. I would make a full backup of both to be sure that you can revert 100% back to the original state if something gets hammered.
manno2k3 10:40 PM - 2 February, 2010
Seriously guys, not even 1 person can tell where to get the 2.0 beta version?
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:42 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:

sure, at serato headquarters, you should book your airline tickets early though new zealands a hotspot this time of year
dj-freestyle 10:43 PM - 2 February, 2010
There is a guy on here who says he has a 75 minute control signal to downlaod from his website, www.djmikewest.net, can anybody find it on there, i sure cant.
dj-freestyle 10:43 PM - 2 February, 2010
bezzle , help
the_black_one 10:44 PM - 2 February, 2010
^ thats like asking for crack! dont ask stupid questions!
dj-freestyle 10:46 PM - 2 February, 2010
ya well there is always hope, i figure.
Marx&Villain 10:46 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
There is a guy on here who says he has a 75 minute control signal to downlaod from his website, www.djmikewest.net, can anybody find it on there, i sure cant.

i just downloaded it lol, its in the download mixes section
dj-freestyle 10:47 PM - 2 February, 2010
where you buy his mixes, that part
dj-freestyle 10:52 PM - 2 February, 2010
marx r u messing with me casue ive had to many shots to the head to be screwed with.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:54 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
bezzle , help

im on the case
dj-freestyle 10:56 PM - 2 February, 2010
i looked in his buy mixes section and everything costs money there, i dont see shit for free..
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:57 PM - 2 February, 2010
i cant even get his website to load
dj-freestyle 10:58 PM - 2 February, 2010
it does eventually, people keep saying they have downloaded it, i feel like im part of a fucked up joke.
dj-freestyle 11:03 PM - 2 February, 2010
any luck, anybody.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:07 PM - 2 February, 2010
still working on it......if his site didnt take a month to load each page it wouldnt be so bad
CMOS 11:10 PM - 2 February, 2010
Here ya go.

www.djmikewest.net
dj-freestyle 11:10 PM - 2 February, 2010
ya right he sounds all legit and shit even asked for serato to give him permission to post and they did, ive looked all over the dam site, im fucking lost, would be ncie to have, i hate that shit cutting off at 15. drives me nuts
dj-freestyle 11:24 PM - 2 February, 2010
bezzle, any luck
CMOS 11:32 PM - 2 February, 2010
Dude i just posted the link to the control signal.
dj-freestyle 11:35 PM - 2 February, 2010
i got that , where o web site
CMOS 11:36 PM - 2 February, 2010
who cares, you can click the link to download it.

It was under Mixes right above the ones you pay for.
dj-freestyle 11:38 PM - 2 February, 2010
got it thank u, i was fucking looseing it
djkrayz 11:39 PM - 2 February, 2010
tailspin 12:29 AM - 3 February, 2010
i can't remember the last time i got a beta test link for scratch live... what did i do wrong?
FunkyRob 12:54 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i just downloaded it lol, its in the download mixes section

I'm listening to it now.

This sounds nice.
FunkyRob 1:02 AM - 3 February, 2010
I found a link to a 2.0 Beta site...

www.seamonkey-project.org
FunkyRob 1:03 AM - 3 February, 2010
too bad, it's for seamonkey though
DJMaytag 1:20 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
would be ncie to have, i hate that shit cutting off at 15. drives me nuts

stop playing Brian Eno tracks, and you'll be alright. ;-)
KLJ 1:55 AM - 3 February, 2010
hi yall i found a cool site with serato dj tools www.kljsounds.com
skinnyguy 3:09 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:

u didn't get the bulk email blast?
Marx&Villain 3:16 AM - 3 February, 2010
if you guys just pm me ur email ill send it to you, it worked for me.
Crickett 3:19 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

u didn't get the bulk email blast?

The whole planet got the e-mail blast.. LOL
Marx&Villain 3:21 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
if you guys just pm me ur email ill send it to you, it worked for me.

im talking about the 75 minute control tone, NOT ScratchLive 2.0
dj_penguin 4:03 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:

It's not available yet.
Rockstar JC Flores 8:42 AM - 3 February, 2010
I have a few destroy pcs/macs that i'd like to test the beta on. Will it be available this week?
if not, i'll just keep waiting on this eye-candy.
DJMaytag 8:50 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
if not, i'll just keep waiting on this eye-candy.

good idea, because not much has changed in the past four hours since the last post. :rollseyes:
PopRoXxX 1:56 PM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
They are gonna keep this beta away from us forever if people keep asking becasue they know people are gonna use it at there gigs like's its safe. its a beta people, serato better just keep this one till its completely safe cause people just dont listen.

+1 !!!

Couldn't have said it better myself! I know once everyone hears about Public Beta it's going to be opening the FLOOD GATES to a whole bunch of "DJ's" who are gonna play it live right away and then when they crash (for any reason) they are gonna be really upset and make Serato look unstable to the world!

One piece of advice fam -- do not attempt to play 2.0 live right away when you get it! If you don't have a chance at home to give it a few runs of 3-4 hours or more, don't take it to a gig just because it's 2.0 and you want to show it off. All in due time. Give a few good runs first at home. :)

I feel better now. LOL!
Marx&Villain 6:18 PM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1 !!!

Couldn't have said it better myself! I know once everyone hears about Public Beta it's going to be opening the FLOOD GATES to a whole bunch of "DJ's" who are gonna play it live right away and then when they crash (for any reason) they are gonna be really upset and make Serato look unstable to the world!

One piece of advice fam -- do not attempt to play 2.0 live right away when you get it! If you don't have a chance at home to give it a few runs of 3-4 hours or more, don't take it to a gig just because it's 2.0 and you want to show it off. All in due time. Give a few good runs first at home. :)

I feel better now. LOL!

+1

I would take it even further, even if you do have few good runs at home (once it becomes public beta) you should NOT be running it at gig. It will still be a BETA you should not be using at gigs. If you are gonna download the public beta (once/if) it becomes public beta you should only be testing it at home, and you should be writing up reports about bugs, crashes, etc. The whole reason for public beta is not so people can be using it at gigs, its so that we can all help serato put the finishing touches on 2.0. By downloading it and using it at a gig your putting yourself at risk, and the reputation of ScratchLive. Thats just my opinion.
PopRoXxX 6:37 PM - 3 February, 2010
^^^^^ exactly my point
jepe 7:24 PM - 3 February, 2010
there is a question that i always put for myself.
even if you got a beta r u quiet enough playing with it? as a professional gig?
i am a beta tester user, will play at home but NEVER for a dancefloor! its something you shouldn t do if you are earning money to play! you re putting your name & serato in a bad position if something wrong happens. it s very pro by serato free a beta tester for some users and they be able to test it at home or maybe on small gigs for friends.
i wish all days to have 3 decks and a better playlist and efx.. but to be honest what makes me move on serato its always is stability and reliability! lets wait a few more weeks!
Phephiphophumb 2:28 PM - 4 February, 2010
..if serato hadn't of hung the carrot,everyone wouldn't be clucking for 2.0..they released like, 2 or 3 beta versions of 1.9/2,which had bugs.anyhow,since,we the public invested our money into this product,give input into what feature we'd like to see in future editions(whilst pro's get given this product to promote)"Oh,did you see ENFERNO on the SIXTY EIGHT,i'm getting one!!"$GULP$.I'm sure the reason they held it back was because,dj's like ENFERNO,need to get a head start with the software..hmmm..q:Doubtful..i didn't see him having any problems performing a 3 deck mix,so what if the bridge comes at a later version..Hit us up!blah blah blah release date, please!

NO,actually..beta version,NOW:)
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:47 PM - 4 February, 2010
lol people stupidity amazes me

Quote:

they released like, 2 or 3 beta versions of 1.9/2,which had bugs

and when they release 2.0 beta they will probably be 2 or 3 versions that are full of bugs before it goes final, heres something you may not know.....the 1.9 had a few months of public beta too ;) their not doing this JUST for 2.0 this is what they always do

Quote:

we the public invested our money into this product,

you invested in the product you purchased be lucky their not charging for this upgrade like some other companys
Quote:

if serato hadn't of hung the carrot,everyone wouldn't be clucking for 2.0.

and its working great for promotion but they announced it cause thats what you do at a trade show you show your bling and dazzle people, its a tradeshow not a fleamarket just because you see something dosent mean its ready for purchase.....why dont you try going to an auto-trade show and bitching about not being able to purchase one of the prototypes from the showroom floor..you know why you cant, because their still working on the damn things and the model on the floor prob aint the model your going to end up with.....

THEYVE ANNOUNCED A RELEASE DATE: WHEN ITS READY

I dont see why its so hard for people to realise that troubleshooting cross platform code issues ISNT an easy thing to do, you can fix 1 prob and create 3 more or fix an issue and have to rethink how to do something else because of it, hell just finding whats causing the issue can be tasking and time consuming
sixxx 2:50 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:

I dont see why its so hard for people ...

Lack of usable brains.
PopRoXxX 2:52 PM - 4 February, 2010
^^^^^ LOL!
Phephiphophumb 4:04 PM - 4 February, 2010
yeah..valid comments,I'm impatient,like the rest of you....loving the analogy,though...ummm!NO.As far as,dazzling me,i actually thought,"what an over priced, 4 channel mixer(ugly)100 buttons+!","There goes my 57" or.."hmmm..do you get a reach around with those £300, S-120 Orfoton's!!"...And of course,"i bet that ain't out anytime soon"..everyone's online, so eager to defend serato,heckle,heckle,heckle:D your all boot-lickers!
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:16 PM - 4 February, 2010
if you dont think having a 100 buttons on that mixer is a great thing you arent using SSL to its fullest and you dont need 2.0 anyway, learn to use 1.9 to its fullest before advancing the next level
enoise 4:39 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:
if you dont think having a 100 buttons on that mixer is a great thing you arent using SSL to its fullest and you dont need 2.0 anyway, learn to use 1.9 to its fullest before advancing the next level

Thats what I was thinkking. People wait for 2.0 like it's gonna give them some new DJing abilities. The truth is they newer took the full potential of 1.9, so theyre waiting for 2.0 like its gonna save they skills.
Mr.Marronz 4:44 PM - 4 February, 2010
eh ma che bimbiminchia!!!
Phephiphophumb 4:47 PM - 4 February, 2010
listen to the positivity...you got to be American.hehe..come on you must have a bad word to say...go on!shall i help you deflate your ego,if we both stand on it,it should let the air out quicker..;D America's full of good dj's,one in a million,mate..
To be honest,i'm still learning,getting my head round using the 57 and video mixing,no problem admitting that.also,i think most people will take some time to get there head around 2.0,you two included...don't you think serato sold people short,wit sl3..?they might as well waited and just done sl4,like traktor(4 channels)..otherwise your only option to 4 deck mixing is the sixty eight..i know,they'll bring another one out!!silly me..LOYALIST
milk6040 5:28 PM - 4 February, 2010
Did that guy just compare an announced software upgrade to a concept car?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:36 PM - 4 February, 2010
is it that far of a stretch?
dj_soo 5:55 PM - 4 February, 2010
personally, i just want to fuck around with Bridge. Gonna be choked if it's not included in the public beta.
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user_2.0 5:57 PM - 4 February, 2010
Nixt weak -> Watchwww.youtube.com
Phephiphophumb 5:58 PM - 4 February, 2010
yeah,he did!!i think the phrase for that is,"GO FIGURE"..M.Bezzle,all i'm saying is,their milking the the hardware!Ok, not everyone can afford the high end option,for that sl1..more than adequate, but sl3 should have atleast met the specs of traktor scratch pro..admittedly,the simplicity of serato wins hands down everytime,but getting back to the concept"More Is Better" i.e the Rane SIxty(100+ buttons),traktor had/has more than 1.9,with sl3,so therefore in your opinion it must be better?my point is, its an obvious and practical option to add 4 channels,unless you can mix/ dj, 4 turntables on "1 deck mix" mode..:D
Phephiphophumb 6:03 PM - 4 February, 2010
yeah bridge sounds cool,looking forward to using it..damn,all i got to do now is become competent with ableton.."if it ain't one thing,it's a mo'fin 'nother!!"
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:06 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:

back to the concept"More Is Better" i.e the Rane SIxty(100+ buttons),traktor had/has more than 1.9,with sl3,so therefore in your opinion it must be better?

Not at all, what im saying is those buttons arent there just for looks, they provide great control of the features that serato has been adding, its that the program has more features so its better, its that the features it has are amazing and they provide adaquate control over those features in an effective practical way, I own an SL1 and to use effects\run\vide\use cuepoints loops\ ableton stuff ect ect would be impossible to do withough having a ton of buttons to control the features, currently im using 3 midi controllers simontaniously to keep up, again its not the number of features its the ability to impliment and use those features effectivley.
djatrain@hotmail.com 6:13 PM - 4 February, 2010
When Beta 2.0 comes out finally comes out. I will hate to hear how many of these shitty djs that sound bad on two tables try 3 tables. You know they are going to fuck these mixes up even more.

House Music All Night Long!
dj-freestyle 6:16 PM - 4 February, 2010
All you have to do is go onto you-tube and listen to how many awful dj's there are out there and they get a million listens, i just dont get it. practice, practice, practice.
dj_soo 6:18 PM - 4 February, 2010
rane.com

every button on there has a function that would be a godsend. if you dont understand what each button or knob does on that mixer then you definitely aren't using scratchlive to it's fullest.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:32 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:
The 2.0 public beta should be available soon. PLEASE take note that this is a beta version and we do not advertise it as stable. We also do not do tech support for betas. All problems must be reported in the special Beta help section. Before using, backup all of your information.

in case ya'll didn't read that ;O lol
Phephiphophumb 6:32 PM - 4 February, 2010
Dubstep!!
house is old skool.not to you American's though..don't get it, you got some good house dj's there..but Europe's are far better..

i can understand that all the buttons serve a purpose,and that they've tried to build a mixer that can do handstands, whilst walking the trapeze.i still think it looks a little over crowded..in all honesty,i'd prefer a pioneer djm 800..admittedly,its nothing on the sixty eight,but the sixty eight is rane's attempt at formulating a house mixer,which pioneer and allen&heath have been leading for atleast a decade..the best thing about the rane mixer is the fact you can plug two laptops into at once
Phephiphophumb 6:35 PM - 4 February, 2010
we not care if its unstable,only a fool would play out with it:P everyone just wants to make themselves familiar
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:36 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:

i'd prefer a pioneer djm 800

then buy it, problem solved lol.....but youll prob need a seperate midi controller to to get all the function outta SL 2.0\bridge
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:39 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:
we not care if its unstable,

i care very much, when your mid set and somehow your half your library is missing or corrupted, or the firmware in your sl3\3 ect fry and you have to get a new one or one of the million other problems that can realistically affect you you may think twice about it (home or not)
Phephiphophumb 6:43 PM - 4 February, 2010
chill winston!!
Phephiphophumb 6:47 PM - 4 February, 2010
i have a question M.Bezzle,some of my tracks that i have put through platinum notes and then mixed in key,when put in serato,don't show the name or artist, just the key?any idea's oh great one ;)
Marx&Villain 6:55 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:
personally, i just want to fuck around with Bridge. Gonna be choked if it's not included in the public beta.

the bridge is not in 2.0 it will be released in a latter version (2.1 probably)
djchrisemmerson 7:06 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:
i have a question M.Bezzle,some of my tracks that i have put through platinum notes and then mixed in key,when put in serato,don't show the name or artist, just the key?any idea's oh great one ;)

go into the settings, you have told it to write the tag for the key in the wrong place tell it to set it in the comments and then align your crates to show the comments and wola it all shows right

in your case i think you may have wiped your exsiting id3 tag

google id3tagit i use it alot very good little app

i hope this helps
Phephiphophumb 7:13 PM - 4 February, 2010
yeah,thats what i had done,cheers for that..so,i assume i have to go get all my songs and redo them?
DJ'Que 7:28 PM - 4 February, 2010
what's Funny Is How Everybody Asked for a four Channel Mixer. Now they have 1. That don't mean sell your 57. To get the 68
57=Scratch Dj / Mobile Dj
68=House Dj / club Install /edm DJ
2.0 Was Announced to Show The New Feature's Not Give It Out To Soon And Everybody get mad cause its not stable.
serato Is Not Like Toyota Where Their Recalling millions of cars cos of a gas peddle issue.
some of you Dj's probley aint that good anyway.
to use 3 deck you need a sl3 not a sl1
to Use 4 You Need A 68
just like what someone said one fix can result in 3 more problems. Trust me I know.

what's crazy is why do most of you want 2.0. What did you see that wOw You.
all I say is this
If You Own A Toyota and Your Worring about when 2.0 is coming out, you need a reliaty check you better get that peddel fixed or you might not make it to see when it come's out.
later !!!!!!!!
DJMaytag 7:45 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:
house is old skool.not to you American's though

ROTFLMAO!!! House music was invented in America, fool! Read your history of Chicago house and early Detroit techno of the early to mid 80's.
dj-freestyle 8:08 PM - 4 February, 2010
House is old school, What, Tell that to Bad Boy Bill, he will slap the taste out your mouth. luv chi-town.
dj-freestyle 8:09 PM - 4 February, 2010
I was at the wharehouse in the late 70's early 80's where it all started, nothing old school about it.
Phephiphophumb 8:19 PM - 4 February, 2010
you may have started it,and i'm wrong in saying it's new skool to you, but you make pants house music now,bar a few and probably for the last 15-20 years.who you got like justice,daft punk?etc...you've been riding the jock of hip hop,which is now ruined..just cause you started it don't mean your good at it..us English invented football,we got pride don't get me wrong,but we never win anything..kinda like the nba dream team,europe's all over them.
djatrain@hotmail.com 8:24 PM - 4 February, 2010
Chitown my kind of town. Original house music was born here. I love it. All of that house and techno and all the other genres you want to put into house came from Chitown. Europe got it from Detroit, Detroit took it from Chitown.

House Music All Night Long!
dj-freestyle 8:29 PM - 4 February, 2010
Farley, Hot mix 5, its all house all the time.
djatrain@hotmail.com 8:32 PM - 4 February, 2010
Dj Freestyle what you know about WBMX Friday Night Live Ain't No Jive?

I love it when cats talk about house music on these forums. Fa sho
Phephiphophumb 8:36 PM - 4 February, 2010
house started there but everyone has their own interpretations of the same things,so its only natural sounds are gonna travel..my point is house my have been pioneered in the states,but your trying to act like it never left..
djatrain@hotmail.com 8:42 PM - 4 February, 2010
House music stayed and left, what are you talking about Phephiphophumb?
That is house Europe got there trance, techno and all the other genres.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:45 PM - 4 February, 2010
damnit PIP
Phephiphophumb 8:49 PM - 4 February, 2010
quite simply,America isn't renowned for house music..you all love getting on the defensive
djatrain@hotmail.com 8:54 PM - 4 February, 2010
That is true, America is not but Chicago is. Ha Ha Fa sho. And I'm gone Holla

Remember Kids. House Music All Night Long! LMAO
dj-freestyle 9:11 PM - 4 February, 2010
House started here, house lives here, house is god here. kenny, mario , scott, ralphi, they all gave us house , period.
dj-freestyle 9:11 PM - 4 February, 2010
So let it be written, so let it be house ;)
DJ Super Mario 10:18 PM - 4 February, 2010
Quote:
just cause you started it don't mean your good at it..us English invented football,we got pride don't get me wrong,but we never win anything..

Including this argument. LOL

Uhm... hate to break it to ya... but...

www.athleticscholarships.net
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user_2.0 10:37 PM - 4 February, 2010
Stays on tarjet. No more talking on a home musics, onlee 2.o gits a pneu threed
DjLogike 12:28 AM - 5 February, 2010
Can any of the BETA testers here could comment if "instant doubles" could be used for the third deck with SL3 (I like to use two turntables with three decks)....
Phephiphophumb 2:08 PM - 5 February, 2010
cheers for the online history lesson, dj super mario..good luck in saving the princess
soul-doubt12 2:51 PM - 5 February, 2010
House was popularized in chicago and to an extent was born in Chicago, keep in mind that before house even existed, you had much more going on in New York that help house music become what it was. Its funny, i was talking to a guy from chicago who swore on house music just like you guys and i asked him have you ever heard of "Ron Hardy/Music Box? He didn't even know who ron hardy was, so if you strongly believe that bad boy bill and the hot mix 5 started house music, then you need to a little bit more extensive research on what your talking about.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:58 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
"Ron Hardy/Music Box? He didn't even know who ron hardy was, .

thats the dude with all the over the top ghawdy bedazzled shirts and trucker hats right
soul-doubt12 3:09 PM - 5 February, 2010
yea, the name is ed is somehow encrypted in ron
dj-freestyle 4:16 PM - 5 February, 2010
first off check your facts soul-doubt, farley and his crew inveted house music at the wharehouse night club in the late 70's. bill and hot mix 5 just made it more popular. i can give you facts all day bro.
dj-freestyle 4:20 PM - 5 February, 2010
farley, frankie knuckles, they created house. period.
DCM 4:38 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
Can any of the BETA testers here could comment if "instant doubles" could be used for the third deck with SL3 (I like to use two turntables with three decks)....

yes this works
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:39 PM - 5 February, 2010
there goes those damn new yorkers tryin to take claim for everything in the world again
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:39 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

yes this works

awsome..never even thought about that
soul-doubt12 4:44 PM - 5 February, 2010
Freestyle, were you there in the late 70's to know what was a house beat? Your facts are right, and i am not disagreeing with you. when you say "Farley and his crew" who are you referring to?

M-Bezzle, i am not from NY ;)
soul-doubt12 4:55 PM - 5 February, 2010
Knuckles is not even from Chicago, and if you believe that he is, then this is just a typical debate about a subject that can easily be misconstrued and manipulated.
DJ Riegn 6:35 PM - 5 February, 2010
soul d12 are you from chicago? 1st get your facts in order just because F knuckles was born in new york does not mean he claims NYC. 2nd he F knuckles got his fame for djing in chicago as a dj in the 80 along with hardy,humpreys,fingers,saunders,farley,pierre.......should i keep going they all CLAIM Chicago.if you know your house history then you should also know that Clubs like AKA,C.O.D,Club naked,london,berlin,Rainbow RR,devinci manor,factory,candy shop........should i name more......is where it all started (warehouse is the spot) and as far as what PIP said your on target about (now) i have seen the best new school house music DJ in europe BUT as far as OLD School house you can touch true house in chicago. i bet if i put out my old clubmen mixer and a set of 1200 out for you to mix on you would shit in your pants......you would not know what to do with it ,not having all the bottons on the mixer LOL just kidding
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:36 PM - 5 February, 2010
so about that 2.0
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:37 PM - 5 February, 2010
ill stick with NOLA bounce music....oh wait ATL stole that from us already
DJ Riegn 6:39 PM - 5 February, 2010
now im waiting for bezzle to make a joke LOL. also bezz got my doc note so i can still use the wave form mode.
DJ Riegn 6:43 PM - 5 February, 2010
NOPE they stole that from chicago LOL ......back to 2.0 so are they also going to release the bridge beta the same time as the 2.0 or later in the year?
Phephiphophumb 6:45 PM - 5 February, 2010
haha, all because i said, America ain't HOUSE..forget new york taking the claim..America think they invented everything.you guys are relentless;D..you all still talk about being better than the next guy,come on!we're all at different levels..banter..it's all about spreading the love..p.s bezzle you do need to grow a sense of humour
soul-doubt12 6:46 PM - 5 February, 2010
Reign, thank you

I was commenting on freestlyes comment about knuckles, but you everything state is 100% true

I am PAradise Garage/Loft/Zanzibar person, so all my facts are based from the days of Mancuso's Loft to Cherens Paradise garge with Levan, knuckles is from nyc and was given to oppurtunity to go to chicago and make his fame there in which he did.
DJ Riegn 6:48 PM - 5 February, 2010
also need to lightin up my gear im getting rid of 1 of my 800 and a vestax pmc 580 so i can buy the 68.
soul-doubt12 6:49 PM - 5 February, 2010
I think i will take you up on your clubmen demo, that;s true chicago flava, but i am rotary knob connieusser and i have a urei 1620 and a bozak cma 10 dl, and nothing beats the crispy vintage sound of these mixers.
DJ Riegn 6:50 PM - 5 February, 2010
pip and s d12 we all spin house and thats all that matters as long as we can keep it going and making music thats what counts
DJ Riegn 6:54 PM - 5 February, 2010
true that i still have my tandy and my GLI mixer LOL and my 1st 1200 back in 82
dj-freestyle 6:55 PM - 5 February, 2010
thanks region, i was at the wharehouse plenty of times in the early 80's to know what started where and when. knuckles was the resident at the wharehouse when he came up with house. thus the name house music. very simple stuff. from there it blew up.
soul-doubt12 7:00 PM - 5 February, 2010
I still got Ron Hardy edit tapes that are just bizarre, but these we were recorded live from the Music Box
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:00 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
NOPE they stole that from chicago LOL

excuse me.....i dont think TC Tucker or DJ Jimi (the creators) were from chicago, and i know for damn sure the indian chants didnt start there either
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:01 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
p.s bezzle you do need to grow a sense of humour

LOL best post i ever read....DAMNIT PIP
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:02 PM - 5 February, 2010
i guess i need to quit being so damn serious all the time
the_black_one 7:04 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
i guess i need to quit being so damn serious all the time

you get wrinkles when your soooooo serious
Phephiphophumb 7:06 PM - 5 February, 2010
exactly,everytime i was fishing with bullSh!t for bait,you guys were BITING..i'm not knocking what you do,all the best to you..and anyone who spins for that matter..there's good music in every genre.i'm only on here for sh!t's and giggles;D
soul-doubt12 7:09 PM - 5 February, 2010
i though the house music got its name from a record shop, didnt Chip-E comment about that in the documentary pump up the volume?
dj-freestyle 7:10 PM - 5 February, 2010
Doesnt really matter where any style started as long as good dj's keep it alive, period.
dj-freestyle 7:12 PM - 5 February, 2010
Am i the only one who did my taxes and relized how much money us dj's spend on equipment. its just wrong but still has to be done.
the_black_one 7:12 PM - 5 February, 2010
I don't give a rats ass where shit came from, as long as it's good and makes me knot my head,that's i care about!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:12 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
Am i the only one who did my taxes .

probably lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:13 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
I don't give a rats ass where shit came from, as long as it's good and makes me knot my head,that's i care about!

are you bangin your head into the wall?? Knots on the head aint good
the_black_one 7:14 PM - 5 February, 2010
sometimes!!!!!!!!

lol
the_black_one 7:16 PM - 5 February, 2010
very night at the roxbury Watchwww.youtube.com
dj-freestyle 7:16 PM - 5 February, 2010
I like shots to the head, keeps you honest and humble.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:16 PM - 5 February, 2010
lol...ANOTHER WINDOW
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:17 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:

thats what she said
dj-freestyle 7:19 PM - 5 February, 2010
very true.
the_black_one 7:21 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:

shots shots shots shots....EVERYBODY!!!
dj-freestyle 7:22 PM - 5 February, 2010
i ducked, flash backs.
soul-doubt12 7:30 PM - 5 February, 2010
all the chi talk is making crave for a portillos hot dog
DJ Gatek 7:39 PM - 5 February, 2010
Couple of questions:
when the 2.0 public beta is available where its gonna be? Downloads or here in forums?
And will it contain The Bridge?
thanks.
dj-freestyle 7:42 PM - 5 February, 2010
Im 50 feet from a protillos right now.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:45 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
Couple of questions:
when the 2.0 public beta is available where its gonna be? Downloads or here in forums?
And will it contain The Bridge?
thanks.

there will be a forum link to the beta area in the stickys and the bridge will come later
dj_soo 10:48 PM - 5 February, 2010
when did this thread turn into a geriatric house-head knowledge dick-waving contest?
DJ Awyse 11:26 PM - 5 February, 2010
I had quiznos today, it wasnt very good.
djcrap 11:32 PM - 5 February, 2010
i had curry goat with brown rice and peas that shit was banging! i mean it really hit the spot!
the_black_one 11:36 PM - 5 February, 2010
goat?
djatrain@hotmail.com 11:44 PM - 5 February, 2010
Remember Kids House Music All Night Long!
audiofeen 11:53 PM - 5 February, 2010
goat is seriously off the hook
skinnyguy 1:43 AM - 6 February, 2010
number 1 source of meat in the world
the_black_one 1:46 AM - 6 February, 2010
you guys are lucky.... when i was growing up all we had were mayo sandwiches and oranges!!!!
Tururu 2:50 AM - 6 February, 2010
Chuck Norris invented house music!
Nicky Blunt 2:54 AM - 6 February, 2010
Quote:

hahahaha
DJJorel 6:29 AM - 6 February, 2010
Chicago also invented the late-night $20 chocolate milkshake (no homo)....
the_black_one 7:35 AM - 6 February, 2010
nicky blunt invented cats and nuns fighting!!!!
Nicky Blunt 1:22 PM - 6 February, 2010
Quote:
nicky blunt invented cats and nuns fighting!!!!

hahaha this is true!!!!
Dj ZaZ 2:58 AM - 7 February, 2010
2.0 2.0 2.0 woot woot
DJ-SHUFFLE 6:17 AM - 7 February, 2010
still no 2.0 2.0 2.0 woot woot
djbanno 7:33 AM - 7 February, 2010
2.0 2.0 2.0 d'oh!
DJMaytag 8:40 AM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:

indeed, the beats saw him coming and were scared into a perfect 4/4 alignment!
Maskrider 10:30 AM - 7 February, 2010
People just don't know when to quit.

As I predicted it will be out by April or May of this year so Chill out.
djbanno 11:34 AM - 7 February, 2010
djbanno has left the building.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:00 PM - 7 February, 2010
IBTL

I'm sayin.
4mydawgz 5:16 PM - 7 February, 2010
i just hope there isn't a beat sync button. i enjoy mixing. think it's a lost art now that u can push a button and have the cpu line everything up for and adjust the pitch.
DJ Gatek 8:44 PM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:

there will be a forum link to the beta area in the stickys and the bridge will come later

thanks!
everblazing 6:58 PM - 8 February, 2010
you it always surprise people when you hear them say i eat curry goat . i always wonder why people be in total shock
Nicky Blunt 7:07 PM - 8 February, 2010
goat = win

its one of my fave meats, apart from beef curtains that is!!!
everblazing 7:25 PM - 8 February, 2010
hey that curry goat is the shit and god for bid if some body cooks it wrong it make you walk and talk oh that's that manish water
Nicky Blunt 7:33 PM - 8 February, 2010
not a common meat here in the UK but it sure is tasty!!!
everblazing 7:59 PM - 8 February, 2010
i know it's a Caribbean dish
the_black_one 8:02 PM - 8 February, 2010
goat = interesting
everblazing 8:12 PM - 8 February, 2010
Watchwww.youtube.com this is curry goat
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:16 PM - 8 February, 2010
i cant believe im reading this this sounds so horribly disgusting
DJ CISC0 8:19 PM - 8 February, 2010
ox tail > goat
everblazing 8:21 PM - 8 February, 2010
now a good oxtail now you talking
the_black_one 8:24 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com this is curry goat

funny
everblazing 8:24 PM - 8 February, 2010
let's take it to the sea a good conch soup or marinated conch
Nicky Blunt 9:02 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
now a good oxtail now you talking

I like oxtail, but Id take goat over oxtail anyday!

Quote:
i know it's a Caribbean dish

Yup I was put on to it by an English/Jamaican Girl I was dating!
Tunecrew 9:15 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
hey that curry goat is the shit and god for bid if some body cooks it wrong it make you walk and talk oh that's that manish water

it mek yuh dawta walk & talk LOL

but if it nuh cook good, a running belly for oonuh
everblazing 9:16 PM - 8 February, 2010
ah yeah those were the day when a woman use to cook for a man . now it's all about the hills
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:17 PM - 8 February, 2010
so ya about that 2.0 release date
everblazing 9:17 PM - 8 February, 2010
it mek yuh dawta walk & talk LOL

but if it nuh cook good, a running belly for oonuh

lol you know the tune pluto shurwinton loll yeah all of them can put you in the toilet
djcrap 9:48 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
so ya about that 2.0 release date

sir do you mind we talking about curry goat and oxtail here....lol
Nicky Blunt 9:48 PM - 8 February, 2010
[quotesir do you mind we talking about curry goat and oxtail here....lol

hahaha far bigger issues than 2.0
the_black_one 9:51 PM - 8 February, 2010
curry goat sound damm good now that i did some research on it!
djcrap 9:59 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:
[quotesir do you mind we talking about curry goat and oxtail here....lol

hahaha far bigger issues than 2.0

yea he was trying to interrupt and pull a kanye.......lol
franko 10:08 PM - 8 February, 2010
When it is finally available, where will we be able to download the SSL 2.0 public beta? Will it just be on the regular download page?
just wondering where I should be looking for a link or update
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:10 PM - 8 February, 2010
it will have its own thread stickied in the beta area....it wont be hard to find when it goes public
Dj Ahmed 10:11 PM - 8 February, 2010
The link will be hidden in a galaxy far far away...
franko 10:27 PM - 8 February, 2010
Quote:

hmmm.... is there a problem? are they just trying to work us into a frenzy?!
Caliber 11:27 PM - 8 February, 2010
cha man ah 3 years now mi stop eat goat and cattle, ras mi really feeling fi a goat water right about now
djcrap 5:35 AM - 9 February, 2010
i haven't tried charcoal roasted goat in a while hmmmmmm can't wait summer to pop out that grill.
t
Dj Shamann 6:11 AM - 9 February, 2010
A block from me there are two roti shops facing each other, but I usually walk to a next spot further away because they're open late and always cooking so it's stocked (you know when you go to a Jamaican spot if they're out... they're out). But I didn't have time to go to my regular spot so I went to the closest, I walk in and ask for boneless chicken, sure enough she doesn't have. I said I'll take an oxtail dinner instead, she doesn't have. So I asked what she had, goat only. Wasn't in the mood for goat but since I'm hungry I grab it anyway and I tell you, best goat I had since I moved from my home area (shops on every corner), I don't really like anything else at that kitchen since I had a not so great roti there before, but the goat was so good I've been back 4 or 5 times in the last month.
BREAKFADER 6:20 AM - 9 February, 2010
DJMaytag 7:25 AM - 9 February, 2010
ok, so it's what... 2am EST in the US? Tuesday has come and gone in NZ (well, business day anyway), and no Beta 2.0 yet...
RANDYG 7:50 AM - 9 February, 2010
all this talk of goat and ox-tail has got me hungry and my mom's boyfriend demolished all of this this past weekend. Can we just talk about serato 2.0 please?!?!
everblazing 1:28 PM - 9 February, 2010
the goat is more important even the government had something to do with it . men that steer at goats . So 2.0 is no bigger than the goat yusemi
Phephiphophumb 1:11 AM - 10 February, 2010
if you haven't already and i'm late in picking this up,check out serato on facebook!!
Marx&Villain 1:19 AM - 11 February, 2010
**discussion locked**