Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

CODE 10!!!!! please help

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ CRUCIAL K 2:00 AM - 8 October, 2006
hello out there, just got scratch live & i keep getting the code 10 error saying that my device wont work properly!!! i just went out & bought a 9v power supply & the grn led light is on. i uninstall the serato & then rehook up & reinstall with the new drivers early posted. please help. respect to all, Kevin
Konix 3:42 AM - 8 October, 2006
Try manually installing or updating the driver from the Device Manager in XP (Start>Control Pannel>System>Hardware Tab>Device Manager). Look for a yellow exclamation point, right click that icon, properties, update driver.
DJ CRUCIAL K 4:28 AM - 8 October, 2006
thanks, where & what drives should i install? much respect. Kevin
AmphetaMarinE 4:53 AM - 8 October, 2006
Buy a USB Controller Card (approx $20)
Plug your sl1 into that instead of your onboard USB
DJ CRUCIAL K 6:51 AM - 8 October, 2006
i have a pci style usb2.0 card. i saw your problem earlyer amp., i tryed it all. do you think the drivers are the problem? i have no idea. im about to just take it back & say fu$! the whole thing!!! i dont want to do that. these stupid pc's!!! HELP!!PLEASE. respect to all, Kevin
AmphetaMarinE 10:34 AM - 8 October, 2006
When you get your code 10, does it give you a message other than " device cannot start"?
Something along the lines of USB Bandwidth exceeded, or A device plugged into this USB port has malfunctioned?
DJ CRUCIAL K 3:53 PM - 8 October, 2006
no amp., just that the device cant start! i have no idea on what to do next. please help RANE!!!! this piece should work, i have been debating if i should get this ssl & when i get it it dosent work. just my luck. Thanks everybody for your time, any more info? MUCH RESPECT, Kevin
Konix 3:59 PM - 8 October, 2006
The driver isn't the problem, well it is as it's not installing correctly, but something else is wrong. Do you have any other USB devices plugged in? Another soundcard, USB mouse/keyboard, anything that would conflict?

And did you try the manually installing the drivers as I suggested? Use the drivers that come with the 1.6.2 installer.
DJ CRUCIAL K 4:13 PM - 8 October, 2006
i just tryed it this morning & the pci usb card is weak & sends a message about the exceeding bandwith. that didnt happen last night. oh well, but when i plug it into the mother board it exceeps it but then send out the code 10!! do i need a better usb card? do they get better then 2.0? will that help. tryed the drivers from the 1.6 & still code 10. have to go to work. talk to you guys later & have a nice day. please send any info. THANKS, Kevin
AmphetaMarinE 4:43 AM - 9 October, 2006
What other USB Devices do you have plugged into your PC, and in which ports? (Onboard or PCI Card)
DJ CRUCIAL K 4:52 AM - 9 October, 2006
i have the key/mouse, m box2,wireless attn. hooked up to the mother. the pci card is a no go, its dosent support the bandwith for the ssl. i tryed unpluging the mbox2 & wireless from the mother but it still throws code 10. mabye i need a better pci adapter or a diff motherboard, that would suck!! Kevin
AmphetaMarinE 9:23 AM - 9 October, 2006
I would go for a better PCI adapter... Much cheaper than a new m/b :)
The one that sorted me out was a belkin brand...

Other things to try...
Update chipset drivers
Update Mainboard BIOS
Pray?

Trust me man, I was pretty frustrated when my SSL didn't work straight away... but it's worth the drama man...
WELL WORTH IT.... :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Goran 11:43 PM - 9 October, 2006
Download usbview www.usbman.com
Run the program, find "Serato USB Device", in the right pane you'll see some specs. Copy those and post them.
Serato
Josh 2:43 AM - 10 October, 2006
*marked for followup*
gevola 12:14 PM - 10 October, 2006
Crucial, have you tried unplugged and plug again the SL1 BOX ?
I have the same problem. At start-up the drives doesn't start.
But if I unplug the SL1 BOX and then plug again (the PC is still powered) the driver start correctly.
I read in this forum that other people has this problem.
scratchlive.net
Seem related when the SL1 is connected to a USB 2.0 controller.
To solve this problem some people bought a PCI USB 1.1 usb controller.
I will do the same test in the next days ... I will let you know the result of my test.
DJ CRUCIAL K 8:07 AM - 11 October, 2006
RESPECT TO ALL, RESPECT to the RANE crew!!!! I plugged her into a usb port on the motherboard that I havent tryed yet & reinstalled the drivers & bingo!!!! SL1 is HEAVY, THE FUTURE. Thanks & MUCH RESPECT to all that put in there thoughts!! KEEP JAMMIN THE ROOTS. Kevin
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:39 PM - 11 October, 2006
Great! *resolved*
gevola 9:16 PM - 11 October, 2006
Quote:
I will do the same test in the next days ... I will let you know the result of my test.

Unfortunatelly my test fails !!!!
Using a PCI USB 1.1 controller I have the same problem!
At the start-up the driver doesn't start ( Error Code 10 ).
Then If I unplug and then plug again, the driver starts.
I triend againg to install the SL1 into all USB port .... but nothing changes ... at the start-up the driver doesn't start.
And now ????
There is someone can help me ?
There is some rane people that can explain why occur this error ?
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:06 PM - 11 October, 2006
Gevola,

Uninstall the Serato usb driver in your device manager.
Then unplug every other device that goes into your usb ports (except your mouse).
Then plug the SL1 into a different usb port and reinstall the drivers.

We're pretty sure this error occurs due to your computer allocating its energy in a line. Put the SL1 at the beginning of the line, so to speak, and it should work.
gevola 12:00 PM - 12 October, 2006
Hi Zach, this evening I will try your suggestion, but, I have a news. Now I can reproduce the problem every time.
1) The PC is OFF
2) Power on the PC
3) run Serato .... everithing works good,
4) Restart PC ( whithout power OFF the PC ),
5) The driver doesn't starts Error Code 10.
6) To start I must unplug and Plug again the SL1 box.
NOTE: If I power off the PC and then Power on again the draver starts correctly.
What do do think of this strange behaviour ?
It seem that the SL1 when the PC is resetted remain in a stall state.
This problem happens with the USB2.0 controller that with the USB (PCI) 1.0 controller.
To solve this problem it is necessary buy an external power supply ?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:13 PM - 12 October, 2006
Buying an external power supply won't fix this issue.
nik39 9:04 AM - 13 October, 2006
Quote:
1) The PC is OFF
2) Power on the PC
3) run Serato .... everithing works good,
4) Restart PC ( whithout power OFF the PC ),
5) The driver doesn't starts Error Code 10.
6) To start I must unplug and Plug again the SL1 box.

Thats a know issue, check here scratchlive.net <- click. I have no clue, why this hasnt been fixed, since its been know for almost two years now.
gevola 12:41 PM - 13 October, 2006
Nik, tanks for the information.
Zach / Josh this isn't an important issue, but, you don't have any idea of this problem ?
This depends on specific USB chip ( e.g. Intel / VIA ) ?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:00 PM - 13 October, 2006
maybe this will help.
www.socketcom.com