DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Burning a Mix Cd w/ No Gaps

Dj Ollie 4:07 AM - 4 October, 2006
I've been searching all over the Internet and found that alot of people have success using CD Wave to set cue points to split tracks, but the problem is when you burn the cd it still has a small fraction of a "gap". People said that CDRwin is a good program, which I've tried, but the problem is that it doesn't support my CD-ROM device... I've checked their compatibility list.

I have no problem using CD Wave, just wanted to know is there a better Burning program to allow true "gapless" tracks to be burned?

Thanks in advance
Konix 4:13 AM - 4 October, 2006
Are you sure you're setting the pause between tracks to 0? And yes you should use wav to split the mix into tracks. If you do mp3 you still get skips between tracks even with 0 pause between tracks.

I use Nero and never had a problem.
Konix 4:14 AM - 4 October, 2006
Nero, to burn the CD I should say.
society 4:21 AM - 4 October, 2006
Quote:
Are you sure you're setting the pause between tracks to 0? And yes you should use wav to split the mix into tracks. If you do mp3 you still get skips between tracks even with 0 pause between tracks.

I use Nero and never had a problem.

In some programs this is called "Burn-at-once" mode--make sure you've switched to this in the options before you burn.
DJ Unique 5:44 AM - 4 October, 2006
If I have a large WAVE file as in a megamix, I use Sony's CD Architect to assign track numbers wherever I want. That same program can burn a "Disc-at-Once" CD without any gaps between the assigned tracks.
www.sonymediasoftware.com

If you need to burn a CD with different tracks/songs but you do not want any space in between the tracks, then you will need to burn a "Disc-at-Once" CD. You will need to set your burning software to "0" seconds in between tracks.

"Disc-at-Once" CD = Burner will first burn table of contents then burn all tracks without stopping.

"Track-at-Once" CD = Burner will burn 1 track at a time and stop in between then at the end burn the table of contents.

The table of contents is what your CD player scans/reads prior to playing the CD where all the track info is located.
Silence 7:48 AM - 4 October, 2006
I would second what DJ Unique mentioned. I use CD Architect myself and I swear by it.
AMF 3:25 PM - 4 October, 2006
Another vote for cd architect
Dj KaGeN 5:04 PM - 4 October, 2006
Feurio, Nero, EZ CD Creator & sumtin that comes on Dell computers all have the function of burning seemless audio and still ahving tracks, but to have a large file and chopping it up.. Feurio is the fastest I've found.

www.feurio.com
custom_1 8:20 PM - 4 October, 2006
the BEST program for burning .cue is "burrrn", all i can say is i have found it to be the best by FAR

www.burrrn.net
Dj Ollie 3:27 AM - 5 October, 2006
Hey Guys,

I've tried all of the software programs using Burrrn, Feurio, Nero,Roxio, and CDRWin...

I've found that EAC - Exact Audio Copy is the best! It's totally free and you can make all your cue points from 1 large Wave file and it burns really fast with absolutely NO GAPS! Oh yeah by the way, once you've burned the Mix CD, don't play it back in Windows Media Player because it has a habit of sometimes playing back w/ some gaps randomly...Itunes is good for playbacks and of course putting it in a regular cd player in your car or home...

my 2 pesos.

Ollie
DJ Stuart (AR) 5:11 AM - 5 October, 2006
Is it possible to record mix cd with itunes without gaps? (on a mac)

www.djstuart.com.ar
feniks 3:05 PM - 5 October, 2006
stuart.....i'm not sure about the iTunes burning. i think it puts a small gap between tracks. there's not alot of options to choose from when burning so i would advise against using this to burn your mix CDs. the program i use is Roxio's Toast Titanium. besides being able to burn DVDs etc.., you can definitely burn CDs without any audible gaps. i usually record, split and then export my tracks out of Pro Tools in WAV or AIFF format. then i use Toast to burn them to CD witout gaps and voila!
D-Twizzle 8:31 PM - 5 October, 2006
I use Nero and it works perfectly. You have to find the option that says pause before track and change it from 2 seconds to 0 and it will work seemlessly.
DJ C.A.P 1:32 AM - 6 October, 2006
I just use "acid 5.0" just put the track markers anywhere in the file. then burn no gaps or anything
DJ Stuart (AR) 1:43 AM - 6 October, 2006
Thanks, Feniks!

www.djstuart.com.ar