DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

denon 3500 and serato

latinkid1 9:26 PM - 21 September, 2006
i no its been asked but after denon upgrade and 1.6.2 serato upgrad what r all the do and donts can i loop .brake cue echo, loop,key adjust ,pitch control,all the memo cues i have can i recall them some one break it alllllllllllll down to me b4 i buy it .I AM NoT A SCRATCH DJ OR VYNAL seems like serato is for those type of dj welll be specific please thank u i appreciate it...
latinkid1 8:14 PM - 25 September, 2006
well any feed back
DJ Uncle Needle Drop 8:41 PM - 25 September, 2006
Nobody is responding because the way you wrote your post doesn't make any sense. I will try to translate...

I know it's been asked before, but after the new Denon upgrade and Serato's new 1.6.2 upgrade, what are all the "do's and dont's"?
1. Can I loop?
2. Can I Brake?
3. Can I Cue
4. Can I use efeects such as echo?
5. Are my cue points saved and will not move around?
6. Is there pitch and time?

I would like to purchase Serato, but before I do, I'd like to know about any negative issues I can expect to experience with the Denon 3500 while using Serato.

I would very much appreciate another Denon 3500/Serato user to please tell me what your experience is with the new 1.6.2 upgrades. Are all isssues fixed? If not, which issues are you still encountering?

That's the best translation I can do for you latinkid. Good Luck.
type1 4:06 AM - 26 September, 2006
*out of topic*
Pardon me for my ignorance, but does S3500 already have a new firmware update?
DJ Unique 6:24 AM - 26 September, 2006
No S3500 update yet.
It's supposed to be out soon.

latinkid1....
You can Loop, brake, cue, etc.
You can't do effects or key adjust from the CD player but you can do effects from a mixer.

As far as the cue points moving, currently they are not moving, however after stopping the S3500 and pressing re-cue, you will notice that you might be a bit ahead of your actual cue. It's a bit annoying but workable. You can use the "Hot Starts" for better instant starts from actual cue point or you can move you platter back into cue position. After the update this is supposed to improve as well.
Knockz 12:22 PM - 26 September, 2006
The update should be out soon. They are hinting at this week or next in the DenonDJ forums. When the update is out the 3500's will work much better with serato.
birdbrain 1:13 PM - 26 September, 2006
that update is never coming.
latinkid1 2:57 PM - 26 September, 2006
hm never u sure i hope so ..the denon has cue memo i save alot of my cue points here i can recall with just a click will i still have that option and if so how
tig ol' bitties 3:48 PM - 26 September, 2006
soon-to-be's cousin??
DJ Uncle Needle Drop 3:49 PM - 26 September, 2006
sure reads that way
birdbrain 3:51 PM - 26 September, 2006
Quote:
hm never u sure i hope so ..the denon has cue memo i save alot of my cue points here i can recall with just a click will i still have that option and if so how

you can store 5 cue points per mp3 within the serato program
Knockz 7:40 PM - 26 September, 2006
Quote:

With serato you won't be able to transfer the memo's from the 3500. So you may have to redo them all. But on a good note as said above, serato can store more cue points and loops.

As for the update.. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it this week or next. Don't get your hopes up though.. but it could happen with the bit of activity lately.
hot cross bun 2:48 PM - 3 February, 2007
Somebody help me cause im going crazy. Ive just got serato and im using 3500's but for some reason everytime i load a song it goes to the end of the track rather than the start. also while im on here when i load a track the gain goes up. Also 1 last thing when im in rev mode and put the song back to the start and i goto abs mode the track jumps to its first load point(somewhere in the middle). please please if anyone knows what to do could you leave some advice.