DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Any Ghetto Tech or Booty Music Dj's??

Zero Day 2:42 AM - 24 November, 2009
If so
where do you guys get your music from (Ghetto-tech or booty music).
Like what websites
The whole Ghett0-tech scene is big here in Detroit but don't know where to get the mp3's.
Have a lot on vinyl tho.
sacrilicious 2:53 AM - 24 November, 2009
I think Mike Shadow plays a lot of that
Zero Day 2:54 AM - 24 November, 2009
Yea
He does. Imma ask Joey A for his info so i can hit him up.
Konix 3:02 AM - 24 November, 2009
Zero Day 3:31 AM - 24 November, 2009
Yea i know all about that site.
But i mean for all the other sites theres a monthly fee for unlimited dl's or they are free do dj's..
not everyone has the extra cash for buying music..
Id like to trust me. Supporting the artists is important but just, can't always afford it
dj shadow from detroit 4:44 AM - 24 November, 2009
hey whats up.
yea i play ghetto tech,not as much as i did in the past but i like the genre alot.

electrobounce.com is the best site for ghetto tech. from old to new.

i would take a a few hours and go through tracks.you can listen to clips on the site.if there any other questions i will try to help as much as i can.
PapiCholo 5:43 AM - 24 November, 2009
I doubt there's a site for unlimited Ghetto Tech/Booty downloads. Miami Bass maybe but not Detroit Booty Music. Electrobounce.com is the only site I know of. They usually have half of sales every couple months.
dj shadow from detroit 7:26 AM - 24 November, 2009
yep during thanksgiving deal im sure.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:03 AM - 24 November, 2009
Has anybody else noticed that the Ghetto Tech genre has died down BIG TIME here in Detroit, I think I only dropped 1 Ghetto Tech set since Summer, years ago you couldn't do a night without a request for it...

Anyway, as mentioned above electrobounce is your best bet. Also check out some of the bmore sites for some similar stuff (unruly records, damn my other links are gone)
djatrain@hotmail.com 12:50 PM - 24 November, 2009
I take it Ghetto Tech is the same as Ghetto House here in Chicago? I get a lot of my ghetto house tracks from other djs. Its more of the younger crowd here that can still hang with the Ghetto house especially footworkin. Hands down the tightest dance I've seen to date.
AMF 2:04 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
Has anybody else noticed that the Ghetto Tech genre has died down BIG TIME here in Detroit, I think I only dropped 1 Ghetto Tech set since Summer, years ago you couldn't do a night without a request for it...

Dude, I haven't dropped any ghetto tech since... probably before the summer. I practice with it sometimes at home, but I never play it at parties anymore. And I haven't bought a new song in years. Whenever I do play a set, it's all older music (and no one seems to mind).
DVDjHardy 2:38 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Has anybody else noticed that the Ghetto Tech genre has died down BIG TIME here in Detroit...

Same here. And its probably because "DJs" are bitching about spending $2 for a track to support local music.
AMF 2:51 PM - 24 November, 2009
I dunno what it is. I would have loved to only have spent $2 for each 12"! I remember paying like $15 for some of those records. =P
DVDjHardy 2:56 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
I dunno what it is. I would have loved to only have spent $2 for each 12"! I remember paying like $15 for some of those records. =P

mp3 files on electrobounce are cheap though. And I'm with you....90% of my vinyl that's left are old databass and jefferson ave records...and they're gonna be with me forever!
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:12 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
Yea i know all about that site.
But i mean for all the other sites theres a monthly fee for unlimited dl's or they are free do dj's..
not everyone has the extra cash for buying music..
Id like to trust me. Supporting the artists is important but just, can't always afford it

step your game up
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:43 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

mp3 files on electrobounce are cheap though. And I'm with you....90% of my vinyl that's left are old databass and jefferson ave records...and they're gonna be with me forever!

+1

@ djatrain@hotmail.com - is there a secret record store in Chicago that has old back catalogue of some of the old Dancemania stuff - the big problem was when we Detroit guys played that shit (pre serato), we were rotating records so fast we would just throw them in a pile and put them back in the covers later.

Almost every DJ's copies are scratched to shit...

Must be a store in Chicago somewhere that has a vault of that old shit.
djatrain@hotmail.com 5:14 PM - 24 November, 2009
The last time I actually bought a real ghetto house record was at Gramophone. And that was between 98 and 02. I am trying to get some stuff from Dj Chip because almost every club I spin here in Chicago, I drop ghetto house and the party kids get it in. More hood club I spin longer ghetto house sets.
dj shadow from detroit 6:36 PM - 24 November, 2009
i used to play ghetto tech in my two hour radio show here in detroit (105.9 and hot 102.7 ) all the time.atleast 30-60 minutes every sat night.for over a year.

then radio didnt want it anymore.they wanted the top songs incorporated in the mix.this is when i realized radio is gonna change for good,i was correct. lol!

i did a ghetto tech set last year on channel 95.5 - i was a guest dj.
here is the link

www.mediafire.com

i will post the playlist a.s.a.p
Zero Day 9:53 PM - 24 November, 2009
Aight then. Sounds like imma have to go cop some tracks offa electrobounce.com
:)
They got some dope stuff on there no doubt
DJBlisk 10:30 PM - 24 November, 2009
me.
Zero Day 4:35 AM - 25 November, 2009
What are the top Ghetto-tech n Booty Music artists i should keep an eye out for?
Anyone new cuz i have a bunch of ghetto tech records but they all from 07 or earlyer
dj shadow from detroit 6:50 AM - 25 November, 2009
all the ghetto tech producers are on electrobounce.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:59 AM - 25 November, 2009
Quote:
What are the top Ghetto-tech n Booty Music artists i should keep an eye out for?
Anyone new cuz i have a bunch of ghetto tech records but they all from 07 or earlyer

U sure you from Detroit?

: }

www.discogs.com

For Chicago style booty music start from the back - DM 284 and go forward to about DM 085 or so....

DM 050 forward was mostly real House trax
AMF 12:57 PM - 25 November, 2009
Quote:

Fail. lol
bigbootyhero 8:06 PM - 23 May, 2016
For those reading this thread in 2016

Electro Bounce is no longer. However classic Ghettotech can be attained via Juno download easily. Just look up the labels: Databass, Twilight76, Juke Trax ("juke" but run by DJ Godfather so very ghettotech sounding), Moto city Electro Company (run by DJ Nasty). The only new label to be focusing on ghettotech is www.philthtrax.com , their soundcloud: soundcloud.com. But there are other Footwork labels that release release some "four to the floor" 160.
Mr. Goodkat 12:23 AM - 24 May, 2016
Quote:
The only new label to be focusing on ghettotech is www.philthtrax.com ,

theres teklife
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:58 AM - 24 May, 2016
Also DJ Assault has his catalogue available online too: store.jeffersonave.com
bigbootyhero 1:59 AM - 25 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
The only new label to be focusing on ghettotech is www.philthtrax.com ,

theres teklife

Yeah but that's Footwork, Teklife doesn't really do Ghettotech though, except they're older four to the floor stuff when they actually called themselves 'ghettoteknitionz'

Quote:
Also DJ Assault has his catalogue available online too: store.jeffersonave.com

Indeed!