DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How do I record a mix using...

J' the Sexiest Letter 6:29 AM - 15 November, 2009
Peace,

I am having much trouble understanding how to record a mix with the equipment that I have:
My techniques, macbook with programs, mixer, little computer speakers (not big speakers) and Scratch live.

Is it possible to:

1. record directly from Serato into GARAGEBAND or LOGIC?

2. if not, what else would I need to record a mix?

This question is a hardship I've been dealing with for years, if I ever want to get a gig, I gotta have a mix to show and prove, right?!!

Any fellows to lend advice for a poor dj? I may be slow but not ignorant and am very thankful.

Thank you.
gotchuckz 7:22 AM - 15 November, 2009
download audacity. it's free and watch this video by konix.

Watchwww.youtube.com
J' the Sexiest Letter 11:26 AM - 16 November, 2009
thank you very much!

heres a tip for mac users, apple's "one to one" program is great! they offer classes on everything apple. including programs like logic express/pro. i suggest looking in to it!
djsatony 10:31 PM - 18 November, 2009
you can record through garageband also
Dj Shamann 12:45 AM - 19 November, 2009
This question is a hardship I've been dealing with for years

Words can't describe... just...wow
sixxx 1:39 AM - 19 November, 2009
lol
SuckaDJ 5:51 AM - 19 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

how do u do that?! LOL

There's a window to the top right, search it.
djsatony 6:24 AM - 19 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

how do u do that?! LOL

go to garage band, on the top left click on garageband. click on preference then click on audio/MIDI. then on audio input change it to built in in-put. after that get a rc cable (imshopping.rediff.com) connect the red and white part through your masters on your mixer then the other side on your mac. (iuno whats its called where u plug it in but its right by where you plug in the headphones) then make a new track on your garageband (real instrument track). after start recording on your gagrage band then start your set on the serato.