Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Question about denon dn-hc1000s

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Lynn Sound Systems 2:22 AM - 12 November, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

I have the new dn-hc1000 connected to the mac , works fine , but how do i get the led lights on the controller to work, they flash 3 times when i first plug it in and thats it no more light, the manual doesnt say much at all can you help me figure this out?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:52 PM - 12 November, 2009
Hello Lynn Sound,

The lights on the pads should light up when something is mapped to the specific parameter that is listed on the pad (at least in the first native group) or when you using the specific function such as looping/auto looping.
For instance... the 'Cue1' pad won't light up until you load a track that has a 1st cue added to the file.
Lynn Sound Systems 2:52 AM - 13 November, 2009
Yeah , they started working, weird because their were tracks loaded that had cues set and they didnt light, I closed SL and re opened it and it worked, Im having some other issues though, the file back buttin triggers cue 3 on the left deck insted of going back on the files, and the arrow button for reverse play on the left deck also triggers cue 3 on the left deck , and last question if i put a deck in loop with the controller how do i exit the loop with the controler , I havent been able to figuer it out yet , (just got it yesterday). Thanks MIKE
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:56 PM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:
Im having some other issues though, the file back buttin triggers cue 3 on the left deck insted of going back on the files, and the arrow button for reverse play on the left deck also triggers cue 3 on the left deck

It sounds like something is bunged up in the Midi folder.
Shut down SSL.
Open the ScratchLIVE folder inside your Music folder on your internal drive and rename the Midi folder so it reads MidiOLD.
Now re-open SSL and give it a go.
Quote:
and last question if i put a deck in loop with the controller how do i exit the loop with the controler

I'm pretty sure you just click the 'Loop' button again.
WarpNote 12:30 AM - 16 November, 2009
Lynn, like Zach says, make sure there are no other midi xml files in the midi folder.
Had the same issue from using an Akai device before getting my Denon.
Once I renamed the extension to .old I was good to go.

However, I did experience light stopped working/unresponsive cue bottons after several times of disconnecting / reconnecting the usb cable, while SSL was running. However, switching between midipages made the light come back. In other words, press "shift"+"browse" (or "history" or "prepare"), then press "shift"+"files" and the light should come back on.

Quote:
and last question if i put a deck in loop with the controller how do i exit the loop with the controler
Zach is right on the money, the loop button toggles the loop active. Remember you can have a loop set without it beeing active. Once the loop is active the "in" & "out" buttons will flash. So if you fire up an autoloop, make sure both the red auto button lights up AND "in" & "out" buttons are flashing. They will not always flash depending on what you already did while playing selected track...

So far, I'm really liking this unit, however, I whish It would be possible to remap buttons and knobs for all of the midi pages, not just 2-4...
WarpNote 12:34 AM - 16 November, 2009
Quote:
They will not always flash depending on what you already did while playing selected track...

Just to be clear, "in" & "out" buttons will not always flash (indicate the loop active) when pressing autoloop button, depending on what you already did with loops on the selected track, so if they are not flashing just hit the regular loop button to turn it active...

Hope this makes sense...
Lynn Sound Systems 1:47 AM - 18 November, 2009
Ok , cool that got it workin rite, Still have the problem with the lights not working , they worked once now no lights again , it is plugged in through a hub , but its a powered hub ( has its own dc wall wart) any ideas?
WarpNote 2:20 AM - 18 November, 2009
Any difference if you use it directly hooked up to your laptop? ie not using the hub at all..?
Nihlism 5:06 PM - 27 November, 2009
A play button. I love this thing, but OH how I wish they had simply included a play button. I know it's heresy to say it, but I use internal mode exclusively, and I was hoping that the DN-HC 1000s would mean not having to use the computer keyboard. Well, almost. Just that one most essential function is missing - a play button. Switching to presets 2 - 4 is not satisfactory, I would like it if they would remap the tap button to act as a play button. Thank you for the opportunity to offer my opinion.
dj tommy gunz 3:16 AM - 22 December, 2009
my issue with my controller is the censor button on right deck opens the history and the loop roll on the left controls the censor on the right and the loop (reloop) button on the right ejects the track on the right deck............... so upset , i just got it today as xmas present
dj tommy gunz 3:17 AM - 22 December, 2009
my issue with my controller is the censor button on right deck opens the history and the loop roll on the left controls the censor on the right and the loop (reloop) button on the left ejects the track on the left deck............... so upset , i just got it today as xmas present
dj tommy gunz 3:18 AM - 22 December, 2009
discard first post by dj tommygunz ,,, second post is the correct one
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:38 PM - 22 December, 2009
Tommy,

Follow the instructions I listed above.
dj tommy gunz 5:11 PM - 22 December, 2009
thanks zach, i got to it last night ,, all fixed
Lamont /// 10:02 PM - 30 January, 2010
I have an issue with the cue buttons 1-5.
I can assign cue points just fine, but when it comes to returning to the cue points by pushing buttons 1 to 5, it moves the cue points to a new position in the track while it's playing.
Also, when I push the same cue button twice, it will change color.

Thanks for your advice.
Lamont /// 9:03 PM - 31 January, 2010
Quote:
I have an issue with the cue buttons 1-5.
I can assign cue points just fine, but when it comes to returning to the cue points by pushing buttons 1 to 5, it moves the cue points to a new position in the track while it's playing.
Also, when I push the same cue button twice, it will change color.

Thanks for your advice.

Problem solved!

Renaming the midi folder to "MidiOLD" did the trick.

Thanks.