DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

djcity.com mp3 pool?

automagp68 4:36 AM - 11 November, 2009
Has anyone tryed this.

djcity.com

I think its legal

Its 90 bucks for 3 months. Doesnt look bad was hoping for some reviews
gotchuckz 4:39 AM - 11 November, 2009
i've been a member for almost a year. one of the best record pools out there.
automagp68 4:58 AM - 11 November, 2009
cool thanks for info
Myron 5:09 AM - 11 November, 2009
love djcity!
DJ NoNseNse 5:55 AM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:
i just signed up 1 week ago, its deff the best pool out there.

agreed
automagp68 6:11 AM - 11 November, 2009
Awsome, thanks for all the great info, i mainly spin bmore's

Do alot of them come through there? Im just sick of spending all my money at crooklyn and crack 4
Johnny Falvelo 10:15 AM - 11 November, 2009
People still go to CC and Crack?
terrible1fi 4:30 PM - 11 November, 2009
i use it and I think it's great
djpuma_gemini 5:47 PM - 11 November, 2009
Been using it since 07. Best digital bang for the buck. Plus you get exclusive remixes on there as well.

Not much bmore. mainly top 40/dance/commercial electro and hip hop/rap

The benefit is getting clean/dirty/inst and sometimes acap's.
freeffej 8:35 PM - 11 November, 2009
Dj City Rocks! I've been a member for while now and they have a great selection of new stuff along with throwbacks once in a while. I love that they put intro's on a lot of tracks.
illmatic 3:19 AM - 12 November, 2009
been a member for like 2 months,don't like the fact that not everything isnt at 320 kbs,it's a mix between 160 and 320kbs,with 320 being my preferred quality

Also you have to rate tracks before downloading which blows

and also you download 1 file @ a time as opposed to zip/folder which also saves time

overall i'd say its worth the money but would like some efficiency changes made
gotchuckz 3:22 AM - 12 November, 2009
^ i usually download like 6 or more tracks at a time. and you're right about the bitrates. most files are 320, some are 192 and even 128.
illmatic 3:27 AM - 12 November, 2009
but the fact that you have to single click download is just plain monotonous,it turns me off quite frankly,it's like a chore,and who likes chores
gotchuckz 4:04 AM - 12 November, 2009
haha you're right. and i really hate leaving comments.
illmatic 5:26 AM - 12 November, 2009
Which is exactly my point,direct downloads and a 320kbs standard,with more urban full promos instead of a track today and an instrumental loop would make that site BONKERS
freshtodeath 8:03 PM - 12 November, 2009
DMS all day

but DJ City comes second for me
Audio1 10:00 PM - 12 November, 2009
DJ CITY FTW!
djpuma_gemini 12:03 AM - 13 November, 2009
I agree about the comments and clicking. In fact in the last 6 months i've only downloaded stuff that I needed (which was already out for a while and i just wanted the inst and shit for edits)

It would be nice to go on there and just use downthemall on one page and do like I do with DMS.

I go on about every thurs or fri and get all the ones that were added. It takes me about 10 seconds and my comp does the rest.
DMS is the shizzle.

DJcity is still good though,.
C. William 4:05 AM - 13 November, 2009
i've never used DMS but i use djcity all the time. i think it's great. the guys that run it are super cool too.
BUM SQUAD DJZ 3:39 PM - 13 November, 2009
DJCITY.COM is the truth my friends, DMS over priced im sorry to say & the selection @ djcity.com by far the best, aca, inst, intro's man if are a dj and are not on djcity.com ya fuckin up. im calling out all your punk rookie djs that dont know. get with the program !

I promise you, that you wont regret it!!

thank u!!

Im out!
DJ DisGrace 3:49 PM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:
haha you're right. and i really hate leaving comments.

man I used to fill in comment sheets BY HAND for every piece of vinyl I got back in the day.... no completed sheets = no vinyl

typing a quick comment is no problem at all - I use zipdj.com, the canadian version of djcity
Blazin Vybes 3:58 PM - 13 November, 2009
love it or hate it i will stick with franchise. dont see why i gotta pay & still rate tracks. if im gnna do that i can stick with the tons of free mp3 polls out there that you have to rate because music is free
DJ NoNseNse 9:35 PM - 13 November, 2009
Plus djcity songs have cue points and the overviews are already done.
freshtodeath 9:35 PM - 13 November, 2009
^
id rather set my own cue point and run auto gain over views myself

just saying.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:44 PM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:
^
id rather set my own cue point and run auto gain over views myself

just saying.

their not perminant you can always redo them
freshtodeath 10:17 PM - 13 November, 2009
^

!>!>@>!@!> really? LOL
DJ Doug Collins 12:54 AM - 14 November, 2009
Here's the thing I like the most about DMS. They have older songs (Reruns and whatnot) along with new songs and some edits and stuff you don't see on DJ City. I would have to say DJ City has a better selection of new music, especially remixes and electronic type stuff. But generally speaking, DMS and DJ City both have most of the same music. If money weren't a big deal, I'd get one of DMS's non-unlimited download accounts AND an account on DJ City. You'd be truly set if you did.
Audio1 12:57 AM - 14 November, 2009
^^ what he said....
Alex Dreamz 3:42 AM - 15 November, 2009
I like ClubKillers.com, but i'm just being extremely bias! LOL

hahaha jk.. DJcity is great. DMS is great. I'm a member of both. I agree with Mr. Doug Collins. If you take DJ'ing sersiously, ur a member of multiple pools, blogs, and do your own edits to try to have some type of signature sound to your sets. I used to spend $100 to $200 a week on vinyl back when I had a gig a month and sometimes no gigs! $30 to $60 a month on music to DJ with is nothing!! Especially if u have a couple gigs a week.

You get back what u put in guys.
DJ Doug Collins 6:14 PM - 15 November, 2009
Quote:
I like ClubKillers.com, but i'm just being extremely bias! LOL.

I bet I'd like clubkillers.com too, but I wasn't cool enough, or I was too tall to ride. Not sure :-)
jbird 12:41 AM - 16 November, 2009
I have DJCITY and DMS, Im waiting for club killers too open to the public. Alex Dreamz when is club killers going to open?
Alex Dreamz 1:16 AM - 16 November, 2009
Quote:
I have DJCITY and DMS, Im waiting for club killers too open to the public. Alex Dreamz when is club killers going to open?

It's up right now for premium members (Invite only) Version 2.0 is supposed to launch public in 2010, from what i told.....

but if your all sleepin' on DJCity. Better wake up! Go sign up! (haha, i ain't trying to thread jack, so i gotta endorse the homies right?! they're good peeps!)
Culprit 1:49 AM - 16 November, 2009
Quote:
I like ClubKillers.com, but i'm just being extremely bias! LOL

hahaha jk.. DJcity is great. DMS is great. I'm a member of both. I agree with Mr. Doug Collins. If you take DJ'ing sersiously, ur a member of multiple pools, blogs, and do your own edits to try to have some type of signature sound to your sets. I used to spend $100 to $200 a week on vinyl back when I had a gig a month and sometimes no gigs! $30 to $60 a month on music to DJ with is nothing!! Especially if u have a couple gigs a week.

You get back what u put in guys.

Agreed..

Always run into remixes I really like only available on djcity. Been meaning to check out club killers, ganna go sign up right now.

Anyone use Break The Crates? [www.breakthecrates.com] It's been recommended to me by a-lot of radio people.
Alex Dreamz 2:01 AM - 16 November, 2009
Break the Crates is cool. I'm also a member there and mymp3pool, but I feel like they're more for hip hop & radio DJ's. Not a lot of house/dance tracks/remixes for clubs like DMS & DJ City who covers both.
Alex Dreamz 2:01 AM - 16 November, 2009
Every pool has they're specialty....
gotchuckz 2:03 AM - 16 November, 2009
mymp3pool is dope. they have a lot of tracks that you can't find on djcity. especially dance remixes, instrumentals and acapellas. i'm a member of both.
gotchuckz 2:19 AM - 16 November, 2009
djcity put up a lot of bullshit tracks too. at least you get to preview it.
Alex Dreamz 2:28 AM - 16 November, 2009
Well u never know. Some bullshit DJ's like bullshit tracks right? LOL. Gotta try to make everyone happy haha we all have different taste.
isaiahjeremiah 2:29 AM - 16 November, 2009
90 bucks for 3 months sounds kind of pricey. Some of the things people like about that pool seems like most pools have too, set cue points, remixes.. etc. Also it sounds kind of whack you have to rate them first. Isn't that why digiwaxx is free?
Franchiserecordpool has all of that plus videos for way cheaper..
digitaljunkeez 5:33 AM - 16 November, 2009
DJCITY is basic. I like Instrumentals101.com
Gor 6:26 AM - 16 November, 2009
I have djcity and franchise. They are both good in their own ways. Nevertheless, DJcity rocks.
DJ Awyse 6:32 AM - 16 November, 2009
Here is a record pool list that I made thats in the sticky thread:
www.vycesounds.com

*I plan to update it sometime soon (with 5-7 reviews) after my midterms are over and done with.

I mostly use: MyMP3Pool, DJ City, and buy stuff off Beat Port and CC

I've been thinking about getting DMS, but I'm not sure that I would get that much more out of it then with the ones I use already.

I also like to hit up flea markets and stuff to look for old vinyl records, turntable lab and occasionally ebay.
djpuma_gemini 7:52 AM - 16 November, 2009
90/3 months is not bad at all.

Sometimes it amazes me at what people think is expensive, unless you are getting $50 per gig, but that's a whole nother story.
Dangerous Dan 8:04 AM - 16 November, 2009
Guess I'll toss my 2 cents in:

Hit Music Service only requires a month to month sign up and they're $29.99 a month. They service Pop/Top 40, Rock, Country, Urban, Electronic, Remixes and Throwbacks.

www.hitmusicservice.com

Very much legit and the best variety I've seen.
dj_KaSE 8:19 AM - 16 November, 2009
I see some spoiled DJs up in here. Technology's got you spoiled, that is. Ungrateful bastards lol.

I like DJ City too.
Kenny Q 9:15 AM - 16 November, 2009
I'm happy with DMS.
I just wish that they had instrumentals and Acapellas.
djpuma_gemini 9:43 AM - 16 November, 2009
Quote:
I'm happy with DMS.

+1
Kenny Q 9:51 AM - 16 November, 2009
Quote:
I'm happy with DMS.

Quote:
DJCITY is basic. I like Instrumentals101.com

I see that it's $17.17 a month.
What are their services like?
CMOS 5:59 PM - 16 November, 2009
I rock DJ City, Digiwaxx, and Late Night Record Pool.

I kinda been getting everything from Latenight as they send me DVDs that i just dump to the ipod and dont have to sit there listenin to tracks in front of the computer. Listen to em on the train and delete the wack.
djpuma_gemini 6:47 PM - 16 November, 2009
I've been thinking about late night. I was on their trial an it was really good, but currently I pay for djcity and dms and the get late night and drop djcity would be a 20/month difference and I'm not sure how djcity/latenight compare. if they are equivalent or one is better than the other.
sacrilicious 9:40 PM - 16 November, 2009
Sounds like DJcity is more EDM remixes of everything or will it be a good pool for a straight top40/recurrent gig?
Alex Dreamz 10:05 PM - 16 November, 2009
Quote:
Sounds like DJcity is more EDM remixes of everything or will it be a good pool for a straight top40/recurrent gig?

They're usually first w/ the top 40 stuff.
sacrilicious 10:56 PM - 16 November, 2009
Word thanks
automagp68 8:46 PM - 17 November, 2009
thanks for all the great info

Just did dj city for now and will see. Def going to try out dms also i think
freeffej 6:14 PM - 18 November, 2009
Not Trying to diss Anyone but I hear a lot of bitching about a old system that is 100% better because of the internet.

Dj City is a Damn good record pool, and a Record Pool It is. Keeping it true just like the old days where we would have to leave comments on every piece of vinyl we got. Now just more high-tek.

Some of you new guys want it and have it too easy. You want to download a Gig of music in 5 minutes, want it all high quality and want it for nothing. Some of you probably have never even been to a record store before and have no clue how good you have it. Digging through crates and crates to find the white labels, gems, and New Stuff. Now you just push a button, listen to 5 seconds of music and download.

Also people complaining about the price are NUTS! 90 bucks used to get you 10-20 records. Now it gets you Unlimited songs for 3 months, and all you have to do is leave a comment on the song. Shit the old way, it was a survey on how the crowd reacted, and then your comments. It took forever.

Like other older members have said you get your moneys worth and the music is good.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:22 PM - 18 November, 2009
and think about the time it used to take to walk up those hills through the snow barefoot carrying that 1 piece of vinyl you worked soooooo hard to find!!!!
dj_KaSE 6:46 PM - 18 November, 2009
+1 @ freeffej
bandoma 8:09 PM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:
Not Trying to diss Anyone but I hear a lot of bitching about a old system that is 100% better because of the internet.

Dj City is a Damn good record pool, and a Record Pool It is. Keeping it true just like the old days where we would have to leave comments on every piece of vinyl we got. Now just more high-tek.

Some of you new guys want it and have it too easy. You want to download a Gig of music in 5 minutes, want it all high quality and want it for nothing. Some of you probably have never even been to a record store before and have no clue how good you have it. Digging through crates and crates to find the white labels, gems, and New Stuff. Now you just push a button, listen to 5 seconds of music and download.

Also people complaining about the price are NUTS! 90 bucks used to get you 10-20 records. Now it gets you Unlimited songs for 3 months, and all you have to do is leave a comment on the song. Shit the old way, it was a survey on how the crowd reacted, and then your comments. It took forever.

Like other older members have said you get your moneys worth and the music is good.

what he said
DVDjHardy 8:11 PM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:
+1 @ freeffej
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:14 PM - 18 November, 2009
fuck that if people didnt bitch we would still have to do things the old way, its bitching that moves us forward. With that being said im sick of having to be on my computer to download the new tracks thats precious miutes i just cant spare i need a record pool that will remotley log into my computer drop all the good music in (sorted from shitty to great without shitty being added) and tag and build my overviews for me all while im at my dayjob so it will be ready when i get home!!!!
dj_KaSE 8:15 PM - 18 November, 2009
Uh, yeah okay.
isaiahjeremiah 8:30 PM - 18 November, 2009
No disrespect but this isn't the old school, and I think it was easier back then then it is today. Today you have to dj for an a.d.d. crowd. Songs stay popular for what? Maybe a month? Back in the day songs lasted way longer, because people couldn't go find it on the internet for free.

But the main reason I'm complaining about 90 bucks for 3 months is because there are record pools out there offering 60 bucks for 3 months, and you get more. Then you have record pools like digiwaxx that offer for free as long as you comment. So I guess i'm just trying to figure out what exactly are you getting for 90 bucks that these other record pools aren't offering?
dj_KaSE 8:37 PM - 18 November, 2009
Unless you're struggling for gigs, then $90 is nothing. That's all I'm gonna say on that matter since the only other digital pool I'm a part of is Digiwaxx, which as you mentioned is free.
djpuma_gemini 8:46 PM - 18 November, 2009
Cry baby people on this board.
djdannyd 8:47 PM - 18 November, 2009
bitching will never lead you nowhere, it is innovative ideas and having a market for it. What you pay monthly it is up to you?
Culprit 9:12 PM - 18 November, 2009
theres alot of people bitching on twitter about how serato has ruined the game.. makes me laugh..

[twitter.com]

Pretty sad i think..

anyways djcity is good stuff whos bitching?
jbird 10:45 PM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:

NICE
Dj Nyce 6:59 AM - 19 November, 2009
$19.99 - $30.00 a month for a record pool is normal and a great deal you ungrateful and cheap cocksuckers. djcity is def one of the top 5.
DJ Doug Collins 6:39 PM - 22 November, 2009
I used to spend 100 bucks a WEEK on vinyl. 90 bucks for 3 months is practically free. I spend 65 on DMS and that's still a bargain.
djpuma_gemini 1:36 AM - 23 November, 2009
DMS unlimited FTW!!
DJ NoNseNse 4:24 AM - 23 November, 2009
I wish the dj at the club I went to over the weekend was a member of dj city or dms. His playlist was struggling.
DJ JAMES E 4:25 AM - 23 November, 2009
Quote:
I wish the dj at the club I went to over the weekend was a member of dj city or dms. His playlist was struggling.

What was he playing?
DJ NoNseNse 4:44 AM - 23 November, 2009
Well my girl wanted to hear Gangsta Luv, Baby by me or On to the Next One and the dj didn't have those. Kinda shocked.
DJ JAMES E 7:13 AM - 23 November, 2009
Yeah those are pretty basic must have new songs for a club DJ. If you would have said a wedding DJ, I could understand. Unless the club was an EDM / country club? lol
DJ NoNseNse 9:07 AM - 23 November, 2009
It was a typical top 40 club.
DJ FlowJay 12:15 PM - 23 November, 2009
i quit djcity...
DJ Vega 1:48 PM - 23 November, 2009
idjpool, dj city, and dms for me!
DJ Doug Collins 2:36 AM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
Well my girl wanted to hear Gangsta Luv, Baby by me or On to the Next One and the dj didn't have those. Kinda shocked.

Gansta Luv- Added 10-8-09
Baby By Me- Added 9-16-09
On To The Next One- 9-29-09

They get stuff 6 months before it comes out sometimes. Just up to the DJ to get it!
freshtodeath 2:26 PM - 24 November, 2009
DJCity dosent have as many throwback gems as DMS. Mostly current shit and sadly alot of fillers.
DJ Doug Collins 3:29 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
DJCity dosent have as many throwback gems as DMS. Mostly current shit and sadly alot of fillers.

Yep, I stay on DMS for the awesome throwbacks AND new music. I hear at least a few tracks on DMS every week that I used to love and forgot about. And generally speaking, they're songs the people at a club will have the same reaction to.
DJ Grenade 6:02 PM - 26 November, 2009
whats the best service to get acapellas from?
dj serious 6:37 PM - 26 November, 2009
8thwonder record pool is verrrrry good its 10 bucks a month u get the latest music in many genres, u also get instrumentals, acapellas, albums, classics, dj drops, sound fx, even videos...I was in djcity pool and felt it was a waste of 90 bucks...u can upload mixes onto 8th wonders record pool and let other dj's hear your music, you do not have to submit a review...let me know if this post helped...HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE DAY...

ps: i been spinnin vinyl for over 15 years now i know how it was to dig through crates, head out to go record hunting at least twice a week, spend 60 bucks on ONE record because it was a rare print. now for 10 bucks you get unlimited downloads...u new guys have it wayyy tooo easy.
dj_KaSE 10:09 PM - 26 November, 2009
At what bitrate are the MP3s available through 8th Wonder?
dj serious 10:20 PM - 26 November, 2009
they vary if they get a track really early they will put it up there as 160, as opposed to waiting til they get a better quality bitrate, but when the better quality is availible they repost it. but for the most part its usually 192-320. it was only 10 bucks so i gave them a shot and actually been with them for about 8 months now
djkenc 1:26 AM - 27 November, 2009
DJ City ALL THE WAY! Because you can get exclusive remixes by me :)
Kenny Q 6:02 AM - 27 November, 2009
I sent DMS an email asking for instrumentals and Acapellas.
this was their reply.
Quote:
We wont have instrumentals. Every single file on our site has an intro. If you need instrumentals for making mashups or whatever..I suggest maybe using a site like djcity.com As far as Acapellas..we do have acapella loops..we might have full acapellas to offer in the future.
gotchuckz 7:01 AM - 27 November, 2009
^ that's what i noticed. every song has an intro. i rather have the original and instrumental. djcity.com FTW
freshtodeath 4:43 PM - 28 November, 2009
^
I'm the opposite, I'm doing 90% of my work at clubs so the extended intros are clutch.
brisk7188 8:59 AM - 23 February, 2010
Franchise record pools is great .. But they dont show bpm's thats the only thing that kills it for me .... Im going to jump to djcity . I thought 8th wonder was okay if your hurtin for cash but they also dont show bpm's either and it take a few seconds for the track to load to listen to it and some of thous tracks sound like Crap.....
Culprit 5:59 PM - 23 February, 2010
Quote:
Franchise record pools is great .. But they dont show bpm's thats the only thing that kills it for me .... Im going to jump to djcity . I thought 8th wonder was okay if your hurtin for cash but they also dont show bpm's either and it take a few seconds for the track to load to listen to it and some of thous tracks sound like Crap.....

Some?! LOL! Been hearing alot of good things about djcity and dms.. too bad im spending all my doe on music video subscriptions ;)
djchrischip 12:44 AM - 24 February, 2010
dj city or dms?

Discuss
enoise 12:51 AM - 24 February, 2010
Im actually about to sign up with a friend.

My question is can we both access the same account and download tracks?
or it works on IP?

and is the track download unlimited once you sign up?
djemkay 2:51 AM - 24 February, 2010
on djcity you can download from different iP addresses and it wont make a difference. The downloads are not unlimited. You get three downloads per track.

Not sure how it works on dms though
enoise 3:37 AM - 24 February, 2010
ohh alright sounds cool!
Myron 3:45 AM - 24 February, 2010
i been using djcity since they started and have never had any gripes about them. i am a radio mixshow dj and they always seem to get me the tracks before any label hits me up about playing them (which is a great thing)! keep up the good work djcity!!
brisk7188 3:45 AM - 24 February, 2010
Let me rephrase that alot sound crap ......
C. William 5:05 PM - 24 February, 2010
it would be cool if djcity included more classics with intros, etc
ninos 9:17 PM - 24 February, 2010
Quote:

no doubt.
the_black_one 10:10 PM - 24 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

no doubt.

loop, instrumentals
C. William 10:12 PM - 24 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no doubt.

loop, instrumentals

yeah those too
DJ GRIAL 4:02 PM - 3 March, 2010
I just got the DMS music pool this month and they are good but you can only download one time each mp3 and then the link will be inactive. That sucks!!! I had a few songs that failed downloading with an application, some were downloaded ok but a few failed. I already emailed those guys like 5 times and they are just ignoring me. I paid for the unlimited downloads. They should let you download 2-3 times each file.
djemkay 4:31 PM - 3 March, 2010
Damn that sucks that's happened to me a few times On djcity but luckily they ilgive you three downloads.

Yeah I wish djcity had more throwbacks it always nice when an artist has a new album out and they do a throwback track in promotion for it with intro and all.
DJ GRIAL 4:42 PM - 3 March, 2010
I would be happy with 3 downloads! I may try djcity if they change the way to preview and download songs.
Kenny Q 5:43 PM - 3 March, 2010
Quote:
i already emailed those guys like 5 times and they are just ignoring me. I paid for the unlimited downloads.

They've (DMS) been ignoring my emails lately too.

They used to reply right away.

In the past, whenever I had files that failed to download. I would send them an email and they will reply with the files in a zip file.
DJ GRIAL 8:30 PM - 3 March, 2010
They did replied to my first 2 emails giving me instructions of how use download manager to download your files.

I followed their instructions and had the same problem again. I been sending emails everyday and now they are just ignoring me.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:32 PM - 3 March, 2010
what internet browser are you using
DJ GRIAL 8:43 PM - 3 March, 2010
I had same problem with Mozilla and Explorer.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:52 PM - 3 March, 2010
sounds like an issue with your internet connection
DJ GRIAL 9:04 PM - 3 March, 2010
I have service with other pools and have no problem at all doing my downloads.
Deejaysk 1:14 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
8thwonder record pool is verrrrry good its 10 bucks a month u get the latest music in many genres, u also get instrumentals, acapellas, albums, classics, dj drops, sound fx, even videos...I was in djcity pool and felt it was a waste of 90 bucks...u can upload mixes onto 8th wonders record pool and let other dj's hear your music, you do not have to submit a review...let me know if this post helped...HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE DAY...

ps: i been spinnin vinyl for over 15 years now i know how it was to dig through crates, head out to go record hunting at least twice a week, spend 60 bucks on ONE record because it was a rare print. now for 10 bucks you get unlimited downloads...u new guys have it wayyy tooo easy.

dj serious what do you think of 8th wonder now? I do not like that they are now letting me access only last 3 months music.
Dj_Dropz_ 5:52 AM - 4 March, 2010
sounds like no one here uses mymp3pool.com... im a member to that and djcity and i actually prefer mymp3pool... they have clean/dirty/accaps/intrumentals/intros/loop/samples/videos/ shall i go on? lol plus NONE of there files are lower then 256bit which is great and with built in cue points and overviews u cant go wrong at all!! 20 bucks a month so cheaper then djcity and well worth the cash... all you guys should check it out!!
gotchuckz 5:54 AM - 4 March, 2010
^ what he said.
+1
more dance remixes and lots of tracks not available on djcity.
Dj_Dropz_ 6:15 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
^ what he said.
+1
more dance remixes and lots of tracks not available on djcity.

^^^^^
finally someone else!! hahaha almost thought i was the only one using it with all the djcity talk and all... dont sleep on mymp3pool folks!!
DJ GRIAL 6:40 AM - 4 March, 2010
I have mymp3pool. I don't like it that much. The way to preview and download files is not for me. I tried almost every pool and the one on top is DMS. Easy to navigate and download files on the same page and no fillers is all good!
gotchuckz 6:46 AM - 4 March, 2010
^ only thing is every track has a dj friendly intro. i also want the original.
Dj_Dropz_ 7:10 AM - 4 March, 2010
i havent tried DMS so i cant give an opinion on that pool but i always seem to find songs or intros on mymp3pool that i wouldnt find on djcity which is a big plus... but hey every dj is different...
djemkay 12:52 PM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
sounds like no one here uses mymp3pool.com... im a member to that and djcity and i actually prefer mymp3pool... they have clean/dirty/accaps/intrumentals/intros/loop/samples/videos/ shall i go on? lol plus NONE of there files are lower then 256bit which is great and with built in cue points and overviews u cant go wrong at all!! 20 bucks a month so cheaper then djcity and well worth the cash... all you guys should check it out!!

its not all that cheaper 20 bucks versus 30. And djcity also has inst/acc/intro aswell and has overviews already built
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:41 PM - 4 March, 2010
So let me get this straight, on the DMS pool you can only download 40 songs a month with the basic membership? Im diggin the simple layout, easy sample player and download. I noticed they had alot of tracks i didn't have and wanted. So I could probally download 40 track in a day. I don't know if im feelin that.
DJ NoNseNse 5:17 PM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
So let me get this straight, on the DMS pool you can only download 40 songs a month with the basic membership? Im diggin the simple layout, easy sample player and download. I noticed they had alot of tracks i didn't have and wanted. So I could probally download 40 track in a day. I don't know if im feelin that.

Get the unlimited and download everything you want and then cancel.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:33 PM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Get the unlimited and download everything you want and then cancel.

Yeah I actually thought about doing that
Culprit 6:57 PM - 10 March, 2010
I shall say by far, DMS and Whitelabel.net have the best layouts period for record pools.
DJ GRIAL 8:52 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
I shall say by far, DMS and Whitelabel.net have the best layouts period for record pools.

agreed !!!

and for videos Smashvidz.
Culprit 11:52 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
and for videos Smashvidz.

Agreed as well. Also Xtendamix's system is above par as well.
djemkay 3:41 AM - 11 March, 2010
Yeah i noticed dms has a bunch of tracks from a while back that i could use to fill in some gaps in my library. Im seriously considering getting the unlimited plan and then cancelling after.
Culprit 7:05 AM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Yeah i noticed dms has a bunch of tracks from a while back that i could use to fill in some gaps in my library. Im seriously considering getting the unlimited plan and then cancelling after.

I think they would probably make more money in the long run if they made it more affordable. I am not talking about dirt cheap but affordable. $30 w/ unimited downloads (mabey 2 per song to avoid miltiple IP downloading).
djemkay 1:33 PM - 11 March, 2010
I was thinking the same thing. Djcity is unlimited for 30 a month which is what I am on. I want to keep djcity but get DMS for some of the older tracks and the cancelled after a month or so. I'm interested to see what the new djcity has in stored.
DJ GRIAL 2:10 PM - 11 March, 2010
DMS is great no fillers, lots of classics with intros/outros and most are 320kbps with a few tracks with lower bit rate and easy to preview and download tracks. Who is using idjpool? I want to try their VIP, anyone please comment about this pool.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:04 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
I think they would probably make more money in the long run if they made it more affordable. I am not talking about dirt cheap but affordable. $30 w/ unimited downloads (mabey 2 per song to avoid miltiple IP downloading).

I was thinkin the same thing. Alot of no filler type stuff that i need for the library. It would be nice to just pay by the song too. That will probably never happen though.
djpuma_gemini 5:14 PM - 11 March, 2010
Hit up Art Payne he uses idjpool. They are great, they have a lot of stuff and have more extended intros coming everyday.

I use DMS and that is pretty much my (Oh shit I haven't downloaded in a week, lets grab all these tracks and pop them in my crates because I know there will be new stuff and some bangin classics.

The VIP for idjpool is awesome, it's like going back in time and having all the vinyl singles ripped with 320 quality and no pops.
Manny Rize 6:56 PM - 11 March, 2010
i havnt signed up for any dj pools but hasnt anyone heard of www.my12inch.com its dj enries and i think it was the first record pool to ever come out
djdannyd 7:02 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
i havnt signed up for any dj pools but hasnt anyone heard of www.my12inch.com its dj enries and i think it was the first record pool to ever come out

You'd have to give feedback for every track before you can download.
Culprit 7:06 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

You'd have to give feedback for every track before you can download.

Thats actually a requirement for legit record pools by record labels. Some feedback is required in order to obtain material from the record labels themselves. I doubt DMS or idjpool are actually getting their material from them though.
djdannyd 7:07 PM - 11 March, 2010
Not true, whitelabel.net is legit - feedback is recommended but not required.
Culprit 7:07 PM - 11 March, 2010
That's one area that whitelabel.net is way ahead of.. every release has a discussion forum where you can actually see forum members discussing back and fourth about releases intead of the ususal "will play, will not play" stuff that labels cannot actually use..
Culprit 7:08 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Not true, whitelabel.net is legit - feedback is recommended but not required.

Sorry bro, your wrong, it is true.. They dont need feedback from every release, but they do need feedback, hence my comment about whitelabel.net. You can ask them for yourself.
djdannyd 7:10 PM - 11 March, 2010
how am i wrong?
Culprit 7:11 PM - 11 March, 2010
if feedback was not a requirement, why even go through the trouble of having a forum to discuss the music?

I can understand, yeah, it would be good for members to discuss releases, what they like, dont like, but the record labels do this this information so they can kinda figure out what to push and what not.

I am saying this only from experience as I use to work for a record label..

whitelabel.net has the best feedback system on the market currently.
djdannyd 7:14 PM - 11 March, 2010
what I mean by not required is that you don't have to give feedback to unlock the download link like other record pools. People can just go to whitelable.net and download away without even typing 1 line for feedback.

Of course the more feedback we provide the better is it for the labels and for whitelabel.net
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:17 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
if feedback was not a requirement, why even go through the trouble of having a forum to discuss the music?

is feeback a requirement for serato?? If its not why even go through the trouble of having a forum to discuss....all the shit we talk about here lol. theres forums for everything now adays
Culprit 7:18 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
what I mean by not required is that you don't have to give feedback to unlock the download link like other record pools. People can just go to whitelable.net and download away without even typing 1 line for feedback.

Of course the more feedback we provide the better is it for the labels and for whitelabel.net

Ah yes, feedback is not a requirement for downloading tracks, yes your correct on that. I assumed you meant feedback was not a requirement to have a legit record pool.

my12inch system is pretty old and out dated, it defenitly needs a new facelift and easier way to discuss releases as well as download tracks and such.
Culprit 7:19 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

is feeback a requirement for serato?? If its not why even go through the trouble of having a forum to discuss....all the shit we talk about here lol. theres forums for everything now adays

Yeah i was specifically talking about the whitelabel.net structure tho :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:21 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you know what though, now that i think about it its heading toward having to leave feedback.....thats that new playlist feature in 2.0 that transmit and ranks what whitelabel files are bein played
Culprit 7:24 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you know what though, now that i think about it its heading toward having to leave feedback.....thats that new playlist feature in 2.0 that transmit and ranks what whitelabel files are bein played

ahh yeah.. you right.. never thought about that..

I was talking to my uncle who is a dj as well and a couple of other djs and they said they actually think its a cool idea.
djsatony 7:31 PM - 11 March, 2010
does anyone use mp3pool.com? If so which is better in your opinion? DJCITY or mymp3pool?
djdannyd 7:33 PM - 11 March, 2010
It is a very cool idea, it is optional though and we still need to support WL.net and provide some feedback. The watermark feature is pretty cool too.
DJ GRIAL 7:36 PM - 11 March, 2010
mymp3pool is good for $20 a month you also get videos. Bad layout lots of fillers
djsatony 7:48 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
mymp3pool is good for $20 a month you also get videos. Bad layout lots of fillers

so would you say djcity is better?
DJ GRIAL 7:52 PM - 11 March, 2010
for me DMS first then djcity
Dj_Dropz_ 7:54 PM - 11 March, 2010
i have both djcity and mymp3pool and i prefer mymp3pool over it... its cheaper (by only 10 bucks a month but add it up over time and its a huge difference) offers a wide variety of music, videos, fx, samples, loops and all over 256kps... not bad if u really think about it... i just have dj city cause SOMETIMES they offer better intro edits and/or remixes...
djpuma_gemini 7:56 PM - 11 March, 2010
DMS has 0 filler, but djcity has the inst and acaps.

They complement each other, or dms and idjpool would complement each other, but DMS will still put the new stuff, but with intros only, the others will get you inst, acap and intros, but not a great classic selection like DMS, or idjpool's vip service.
djsatony 8:14 PM - 11 March, 2010
thanks for the info, but damn dms is pretty expensive. Do you do 40 songs a month or unlimited?
DJ GRIAL 8:23 PM - 11 March, 2010
DMS Unlimited, I prefer to pay more and have an easy and fast way to get good music. I get frustrated very easy with bad layouts or having to listen to a lot of shit.
DJ GRIAL 8:24 PM - 11 March, 2010
I want to try idjpool, I like the FTP option.
gotchuckz 8:26 PM - 11 March, 2010
i don't like every track on dms has a dj friendly intro. i want the original versions plus intros. that's why i have both djcity and mymp3pool.
freshtodeath 8:28 PM - 11 March, 2010
im glad i got on dms when it first came out on the unlimited plan - the price has now tripled.

signed up for djcity but gave up on it after while - the feedback portion sucks. i end up writing one word comments in there just to get the track before a gig.
djdannyd 8:29 PM - 11 March, 2010
Everyone's preference is different, I'd rather have the original clean, dirty, inst, acapella. Having Intros and dj edits are just an added bonus for me.
DJ GRIAL 8:30 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
im glad i got on dms when it first came out on the unlimited plan - the price has now tripled.

signed up for djcity but gave up on it after while - the feedback portion sucks. i end up writing one word comments in there just to get the track before a gig.

That's why I never joined it. They may have lots of good music, but I don't have a lot of free time.
DJ GRIAL 8:32 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Everyone's preference is different, I'd rather have the original clean, dirty, inst, acapella. Having Intros and dj edits are just an added bonus for me.

I like that also, I may join idjpool to complement DMS
djpuma_gemini 8:54 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
thanks for the info, but damn dms is pretty expensive. Do you do 40 songs a month or unlimited?

I've been with DMS since the start so I get the unlimited package at the OG pricing structure.

They are definitely worth it though.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:36 PM - 16 March, 2010
Anybody know if mymp3pool is unlimited downloads?
Dj_Dropz_ 8:26 PM - 16 March, 2010
yeah it is.... 20 bucks a month and download all you want... no limit unlike other pools... dms has a unlimited plan also but for an extra fee so go with mymp3pool instead
DJ GRIAL 12:14 AM - 18 March, 2010
on mymp3pool you can download only 2 times each track
DJ GRIAL 12:15 AM - 18 March, 2010
dms you can download only 1 time each track
djpuma_gemini 12:22 AM - 18 March, 2010
DMS is one time only which is cool when I go back and try to figure out what I've downloaded, but some rare times they download buttons are up again and I get doubles of stuff.
DJ GRIAL 12:32 AM - 18 March, 2010
hehe, that's why I have it on my hard drive with the same structure. If you do it that way you don't have to worry about duplicates.
It's nice to have a pool that can let you download as many times as you want in case you have an emergency :)
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:44 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
yeah it is.... 20 bucks a month and download all you want... no limit unlike other pools... dms has a unlimited plan also but for an extra fee so go with mymp3pool instead

Quote:
on mymp3pool you can download only 2 times each track

Ahh damn which one is it??
gotchuckz 8:48 PM - 18 March, 2010
it is unlimited downloads but you can only download each track twice.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:26 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
I want to try idjpool, I like the FTP option.

If you have a knowledge of music and you are not a sheep, idjpool is the way to go. From what I hear, DMS is a wonderful music service, that gives you all/just the hits with intros - no filler.

Djcity and idjpool are traditional Record Pools where they give you NEW music (not just proven hits), the idea of a Pool is get and break new music and releases to play for your crowd, not just proven hits, but that concept got lost a long time ago. Both also give you DJ edits and Intro/Outro mixes to compete with DMS.

Pros and Cons between djcity and idjpool is that idjpool is FTP based (bulk downloads), so you don't have to rate a track before you download, but you ALSO DON'T get a preview. idjpool probably gets more music than any other pool out there (especially when go both Dance & Urban) and the Urban side usually gives you Clean/Radio, Inst, Dirty, and often Acapella on about 75% of stuff serviced. Dance side is more traditional club music (from deep house to multi remix club hits), The electro pop Top 40 is minimal and out there on blogs anyway.

Urban: idjpool.com
Dance: idjpool.com

Idjpool is unlimited downloads (no limits on number of times) and the music never goes away (DJcity drops stuff after 6 months to a year I think). VIP $50 membership unlocks the Classics section after 6 months as a perk of membership, you get everything (recenlty/2006) ever serviced to the pool, plus digital rips of CDs serviced to the pool (since '85) with some music all the way back 50's. The classic section is a ongoing update.

Some guys have been spewing bullshit about the legality of some Record Pools, Remember DJcity is/was a VERY SUCCESSFUL and powerful Record Store before it added a Digital Record Pool, retail is power with Record Labels. idjpool was a vinyl record pool since 1985 before it went digital and has a 25 year relationship with the Record Labels.
djdannyd 1:40 PM - 19 March, 2010
So do you own idjpool?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:02 PM - 19 March, 2010
Nope, I used to be a Asst Director of a Record Pool here in Michigan, been a member of Record Pools since mid 80's and used to service Record Pools when I worked for some Indie Record labels here in Detroit and later when I was a midwest Rep for Luke Records (so I talked to many/most of them).

I used to frequent Record Pool panels at Winter Music Conference back in the day and met and hung with many of the successful Pool directors like Dan Miller of Dixie Dance Kings, Ron Matthews of Starfleet Music, Gary Deene - MAD, FUT of Impact record pool, and Dave Casto of idjpool.

Just old friends with the director of idjhpool and have a working knowledge of what Pools USED TO BE because it is what I did back in the day.
TONZ 11:01 AM - 20 March, 2010
ok so, djcity.com is $90 for 3 months? is it unlimited downloads and does it have videos?
dj_KaSE 5:05 PM - 20 March, 2010
No videos. No unlimited downloads (you have three attempts at downloading each file)
ninos 5:26 PM - 20 March, 2010
^^ videos will be coming soon tho.
dj_KaSE 5:30 PM - 20 March, 2010
But for the same rate? Doubt it, but we'll see.
howcome 6:38 PM - 20 March, 2010
If djcity adds video I am going to have some tough choices to make. Lets hope they keep it the same.
gotchuckz 7:44 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
ok so, djcity.com is $90 for 3 months? is it unlimited downloads and does it have videos?

it is unlimited downloads but you only download each track 3 times.
djdalite 9:07 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

It's up right now for premium members (Invite only) Version 2.0 is supposed to launch public in 2010, from what i told.....

but if your all sleepin' on DJCity. Better wake up! Go sign up! (haha, i ain't trying to thread jack, so i gotta endorse the homies right?! they're good peeps!)

submitted the app to clubkillers, i need to move to CA

dj scene, alex dreamz....o snap
mario the scientist 11:12 AM - 1 May, 2010
hey guys,
I am looking for mp3 pools from everything from club/electro house/ top 40 remixes etc. I am want to expand my catalog and do not feel like paying 1.99 or 2.49 per track. It would be more economically efficient to register to a mp3/record pool. I wanted to know which ones were the best out there. I read some of this forum I just wanted some more feedback from some of your directly. I usually get my tracks from blogspots/beatport/ and endless mp3 digging! I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks
DJ GRIAL 7:02 PM - 1 May, 2010
idjpool
ninos 10:44 PM - 1 May, 2010
Quote:
hey guys,
I am looking for mp3 pools from everything from club/electro house/ top 40 remixes etc. I am want to expand my catalog and do not feel like paying 1.99 or 2.49 per track. It would be more economically efficient to register to a mp3/record pool. I wanted to know which ones were the best out there. I read some of this forum I just wanted some more feedback from some of your directly. I usually get my tracks from blogspots/beatport/ and endless mp3 digging! I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks

djcity ftw.
Dj No Name 11:04 PM - 1 May, 2010
i cancelled djcity reviewing track just got to much
ninos 11:05 PM - 1 May, 2010
are you kidding me, it literally takes like 5seconds.
Dj No Name 11:10 PM - 1 May, 2010
5 seconds more than i have, to much fucking about just for a track
DJ GRIAL 11:21 PM - 1 May, 2010
try DMS or idjpool, no feedback needed
Laz219 11:30 PM - 1 May, 2010
I love DJcity, feedback only takes a couple of seconds and the whole layout of the site makes it really easy to use.
DJ GRIAL 11:54 PM - 1 May, 2010
easy layout? don't think so...
Laz219 1:34 AM - 2 May, 2010
I find DJcity really easy to use. Once you've scouted through all the older material it's pretty simple to see what's been updated.
Djaward 2:05 AM - 2 May, 2010
wow some people are fucking lazy. You really have a problem with leaving feedback? djcity will always be my mp3 record pool. Props to my boys Quickie and phenom.
ninos 6:08 AM - 2 May, 2010
Quote:

your on crack, its SOO EASY.

Quote:
wow some people are fucking lazy. You really have a problem with leaving feedback? djcity will always be my mp3 record pool. Props to my boys Quickie and phenom.

Cant forget NASA and Dennis Blaze :)
DJ GRIAL 9:50 AM - 2 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

your on crack, its SOO EASY.

Quote:

Cant forget NASA and Dennis Blaze :)

Yeah I am lazy :) and don't like leaving feedback and that's why I never signed up with djcity. I am very happy with idjpool and DMS.
Dj No Name 2:40 PM - 2 May, 2010
I am think DMS unlimited for a month then cancel it then move to idjpool ftp sounds like the way to go!
howcome 3:05 PM - 2 May, 2010
Djcity is great. Although I will say leaving feedback can be a pain, it is really a small thing to deal with in the grand scheme of things. I am not looking to download every song on the site, I don't go for any songs with low BPM's, they are not what I play. But the quality of what I am looking for along with the amount of content is great. If you want to be lazy you could follow the charts on the right side of the page and constantly have proven and up and coming club hits. The guys that run the site are cool and very responsive so customer service is also good.
DJ Tecniq 1:09 AM - 4 May, 2010
I would have to say dms @ best. My reasoning they cater all the genre's a dj needs to rock any type of gig. I mean top 40, hip hop, electro, pop, rock, 80's, throwbacks, aca in-aca out's, quick edit's. You can't really ask for more. Although I use mymp3pool for videos w/intro's which alot of digital pools do not have for $20 a month which are all in hq mp4 format.
1200beers 12:14 AM - 5 May, 2010
digger for life..forget the pools.
beatdown 4:58 AM - 5 May, 2010
Man i can't believe how many people think that leaving feedback or downloading in a browser takes too much time... you must not have DJed when you had to go into a store, pull all the records out of the bins, waited your turn in line for the store turntable, then previewed tracks by hand - and THEN shelled out $14 for doubles. Also drive home to listen to them and sticker them up. All of six years ago. I thought I had it good when you could start previewing records on turntablelab and djcity.com (before they were a digital pool too). Just a grumpy old 27 yo reminiscing. I subscribe to the djcity pool btw.
Dj No Name 11:54 AM - 5 May, 2010
I have been djing on and off for over 10 years, i can remember going in to shops and doing as you say but then the quality of music was much better and there was no where near as many releases each week (i spin house and hard dance).

When i was on djcity over half the crap that was on it i would not play... Therefore previewing and reviewing became tedious to say the least
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:43 PM - 5 May, 2010
Quote:
I have been djing on and off for over 10 years, i can remember going in to shops and doing as you say but then the quality of music was much better and there was no where near as many releases each week (i spin house and hard dance).

When i was on djcity over half the crap that was on it i would not play... Therefore previewing and reviewing became tedious to say the least

+1000
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:43 PM - 5 May, 2010
plus going to a store to buy thinks is alot more fun to me, theres human interaction
1200beers 3:18 PM - 5 May, 2010
Quote:
Man i can't believe how many people think that leaving feedback or downloading in a browser takes too much time... you must not have DJed when you had to go into a store, pull all the records out of the bins, waited your turn in line for the store turntable, then previewed tracks by hand - and THEN shelled out $14 for doubles. Also drive home to listen to them and sticker them up. All of six years ago. I thought I had it good when you could start previewing records on turntablelab and djcity.com (before they were a digital pool too). Just a grumpy old 27 yo reminiscing. I subscribe to the djcity pool btw.

id rather spend the 90 on mp3/records that I want, not what labels want me to hear.
1200beers 3:18 PM - 5 May, 2010
or play.
dj buterd hams 3:16 AM - 6 May, 2010
Quote:

thats why u bring ur own portable record table . no wait
nemix 6:08 PM - 22 November, 2010
is djcity 2.0 ever goin live? I email every few months and they say it'll be out soon/in the next few months....
DJ.AJ 8:03 PM - 22 November, 2010
Quote:
ou must not have DJed when you had to go into a store, pull all the records out of the bins, waited your turn in line for the store turntable, then previewed tracks by hand - and THEN shelled out $14 for doubles. Also drive home to listen to them and sticker them up.

Well since you put it that way...
hmm maybe paying 99cent a track isn't so bad after all.
DJ.AJ 8:03 PM - 22 November, 2010
Quote:
you must not have DJed when you had to go into a store, pull all the records out of the bins, waited your turn in line for the store turntable, then previewed tracks by hand - and THEN shelled out $14 for doubles. Also drive home to listen to them and sticker them up.

Well since you put it that way...
hmm maybe paying 99cent a track isn't so bad after all.
SuckaDJ 9:29 PM - 22 November, 2010
you have to leave feedback with djcity? is it exactly like digiwax, with pulldown menus and all that? ugh (yes im lazy so what)
sacrilicious 9:48 PM - 22 November, 2010
Quote:
you have to leave feedback with djcity? is it exactly like digiwax, with pulldown menus and all that? ugh (yes im lazy so what)

I'd leave better feedback if they reminded me a week or two later, like: "Hey, djsacrilicious, have you had a chance to play these tracks since you downloaded them 13 days ago?"

It's hard to give a thoughtful review when you've got 25 tabs of new tracks open in your browser and you haven't gotten to play it out yet.
Audio1 9:52 PM - 22 November, 2010
From what I've gathered from reading this thread:

- Unlimited Downloads
- Costs next to $0 (Free if possible)
- No having to leave feedback

Seriously. Is leaving feedback really a reason to not choose a record pool? There has to be some accountability. Even if you think a song sucks, Say it and you will still get the Download.

Cant please everyone (nm)
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:53 PM - 22 November, 2010
Quote:

I'd leave better feedback if they reminded me a week or two later, like: "Hey, djsacrilicious, have you had a chance to play these tracks since you downloaded them 13 days ago?"

id discontinue service if they did that, its bad enough i have to cut and paste my answer a hundred times a week i dont need to be reminded to repeat the cut and paste later
Audio1 9:58 PM - 22 November, 2010
CTRL+V the word "Hi" = Thats all you need.
DJ Dac 10:13 PM - 22 November, 2010
i do the ctrl+v "good" or "ok", if its someone i cant stand, i just go on a rant...
Daniel Alvarez 3:02 AM - 23 November, 2010
DJ City is one of the best record pools out there. Rate the songs on a scale from 1-10. That is an effective way to get your point across without having to write much.
bill-e 4:05 AM - 23 November, 2010
out of dms, franchise, and djc; dj city is my fave so far...it's got intro, dirty, clean, inst, and related tracks, plus feedback about other tracks. dms is dope, but it mostly has intros for all their tracks, which imo alot of tracks don't need. franchise is cool for the price, but i'm just not digging the layout.
Sureshot (PA) 4:09 AM - 23 November, 2010
i love DJCity. they drop most of the stuff i need. i would like to round out my classics a bit more. its not that i don't have all the classic joints but i play a few spots where i need clean music and i'd love to get more edited versions of the classics.

as far as the cost of the pools... $30 per month is insanely cheap. it would suck to have to get all this stuff in vinyl (and suck more to have to carry it all). i'm pretty grateful to be djing in this era.

one more thing: record pools exist as a way for the music industry to get music out to the DJs for us to help them break. i look at it as a privilege and a responsibility. i don't mind leaving a brief review (although i agree, it would be much easier to do after a couple weeks of testing the songs out in the club). and i don't want to download tons of crap. i want to handpick the stuff worth playing. i do that one track at a time.
hyperdruid 10:00 AM - 23 November, 2010
i have been a member of djcity for a while now, and it is one of the best record pools that you can spend your money on. Fair enough there is the point that people are saying about the bit rates but if you do your research correctly you can find the right bit rate for each track, you just got to look around for it. Plus at the end of every month they do a top 50 selection of all the top 50 songs that have been downloaded from the website, now this is a very good way of finding out what songs are filling the dance floor and bringing in the crowds.

i would rate djcity 8/10. Well worth the money!
aznchopstix 10:43 PM - 24 November, 2010
does dj city have throwback hip hop songs?
like 90's and early 2000's in high bit rates?
ninos 10:44 PM - 24 November, 2010
every song is 320, they have loooooots of throwbacks. with intros!
gotchuckz 11:13 PM - 24 November, 2010
Quote:

not every song. i hate it when they post up 128, 160, and 192. sometimes they update the files with 320 at a later time.
dj_KaSE 11:19 PM - 24 November, 2010
False. DJ City does not have a lot of throwbacks.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:26 PM - 24 November, 2010
Quote:

+1
djpuma_gemini 11:27 PM - 24 November, 2010
latenight record pool has an old school sunday, where every sunday they give you some old classics.
ninos 11:52 PM - 24 November, 2010
Quote:

not alot but they are there.
Sureshot (PA) 1:02 AM - 25 November, 2010
Quote:

every few weeks they drop 1-3. certainly not alot but some.
DJ Dac 2:36 AM - 25 November, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

every few weeks they drop 1-3. certainly not alot but some.

if that... they will only release a throwback if the artist is releasing something new or its an anniversary or some other special reason, i love dj city, but don't count on stocking up on old school hits with them...
aznchopstix 6:49 AM - 25 November, 2010
hmm then what pool would be a good pool where i can get inst, acapellas of some throwback songs then?
djdannyd 6:57 AM - 25 November, 2010
dj city is cool, you might want to give idjpool a try. you'l get all the diff versions available...
DJ ARMP!T 8:58 AM - 25 November, 2010
check out "www.themixtools.com"
TMT 9:38 AM - 26 November, 2010
themixtools.blogspot.com check out our blog, if u wanna be apart of our email list just send us and email. Loops, Intro's, Transitions, Clean, Dirty Edits.
walshyboy 10:58 AM - 28 November, 2010
i enjoy leaving comments
RichardM3317 10:27 AM - 29 November, 2010
If you wanna cut it up like the multitude, DJcity is your shit
Laz219 11:22 AM - 29 November, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

not every song. i hate it when they post up 128, 160, and 192. sometimes they update the files with 320 at a later time.

Most of the low bitrate files are posted up as early releases of tracks, once the proper version in 320 becomes available they update.
bill-e 2:14 PM - 30 November, 2010
so...dj city fixed my problem pretty fast (downloads not working)

DJ CITY FTW
bill-e 12:47 AM - 14 December, 2010
and big ups again to dj city (or usps)...ordered late thurs and the package arrived when i got home today...shipping was $22 but the pool promo offset that
Psyphris 12:51 AM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
and big ups again to dj city (or usps)...ordered late thurs and the package arrived when i got home today...shipping was $22 but the pool promo offset that

pool promo?
ninos 3:08 AM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

pool promo?

they have a pool price which is a discount on what ever you order!
Psyphris 5:09 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

pool promo?

Now that's sweet, had no idea. What percent is the discount usually?
ninos 9:51 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

pool promo?

Now that's sweet, had no idea. What percent is the discount usually?

its a few bucks.. but a few bucks goes a long way! when q bert was live on the mikidiz show, for about a week after anything Q BERT related you bought was 10% off.
Sureshot (PA) 1:19 AM - 15 December, 2010
sadly, they still don't discount Rane, Serato or any other products that have MAP pricing.
djdannyd 1:45 AM - 15 December, 2010
Quote:
sadly, they still don't discount Rane, Serato or any other products that have MAP pricing.

why would they? this will decrease the resale value
Sureshot (PA) 1:57 AM - 15 December, 2010
what?
Dj F's 3:58 PM - 4 April, 2011
i plan to subscribe 2 djcity, im sick of promo only and that crap that they send me, it's barley even on the radio!! do u think its worth the $360 a year 4 djcity.com?
Culprit 6:05 PM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
i plan to subscribe 2 djcity, im sick of promo only and that crap that they send me, it's barley even on the radio!! do u think its worth the $360 a year 4 djcity.com?

DJ City, Break The Crates, and Direct Music Service, though a little pricey, I believe are worth it if your just doing audio.
Laz219 12:12 AM - 5 April, 2011
$360 a year...never thought of it being that much actually.

Definitely worth it, I spent the last couple of days digging through the site from the oldest to the newest and found another 200 tracks I missed the in the quick grabs from the site I usually do.
Dj F's 3:09 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

DJ City, Break The Crates, and Direct Music Service, though a little pricey, I believe are worth it if your just doing audio.

ok thanks

i decided to subscribe to 8th wonder and i love it, 360$ is wayy to much, thats like the price of music videos!!!
dj serious 11:53 PM - 17 April, 2011
360 a year is wayy too much lol i used to spend that in about a months time hopping on the train to get to the record store and spend hours diggin through records. 360 is cheap as hellll and not to mention convenient. djs are getting lazy and cheap! i would love to see some of these djs now a days carry more than a laptop to a gig
dj_craigmac 12:12 AM - 18 April, 2011
Quote:
360 a year is wayy too much lol i used to spend that in about a months time hopping on the train to get to the record store and spend hours diggin through records. 360 is cheap as hellll and not to mention convenient. djs are getting lazy and cheap! i would love to see some of these djs now a days carry more than a laptop to a gig

if they had to there be a lot less dj's
DanNgan 1:56 PM - 30 November, 2011
its says that the tracks are only accessible for only for 6-8 months? does it mean that after 8months i can't use the track??
DJ Dac 7:06 PM - 30 November, 2011
Quote:
ks are only accessible for only for 6-8 months? does it mea

I'm assuming they mean they only go back 6-8 months
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:12 PM - 30 November, 2011
Quote:
its says that the tracks are only accessible for only for 6-8 months? does it mean that after 8months i can't use the track??

Some other pools (like idjpool or latenite) offer unlimited downloads and a song that was put out in 2009 is still available for download. Dj city deletes some stuff after a while I think????

I looked up DJ Class - I'm the Ish - when it was new - 3 yrs ago - DJ city had tons of remixes and mashes - now I think they just offer the OG version.

www.djcity.com

I am not a member so maybe somebody else can chime in.

Once you download a MP3 to your hard drive, it's usually your forever (except for that funky pool that DRMs all the tune)
Laz219 11:56 PM - 30 November, 2011
It's basically just saying the tracks don't stay on there forever, the do trim tracks out after a certain point.
Right now though, the earliest tracks on the are from January 2008.
Culprit 8:56 PM - 22 December, 2011
the only thing that irks me about these mp3 pools is that they still use mp3's. I would love to see an audio pool dump the mp3's and focus on m4a/aac or even wav files for an extended price. I know the non legit lables wont have access to those wav files tho
djpuma_gemini 9:35 PM - 22 December, 2011
Yep, or a producers pool to get the hq stuff.

Gotta get radio I guess.
noid25er 4:40 AM - 23 December, 2011
The only complain I have about djcity is the way you browse through tracks, is a pain to get a trac. I don't mine giving feedback but it should all be done in one page and move to the next track. They should implement a browsing system like club killers. Other than the browsing, djcity is a great pool .
SwiiSsTV 11:18 AM - 25 December, 2011
Im new on DjCity but is it just me or are a lot of the tracks low quality??
I'm literally comparing tracks that I've downloaded from djcity and get the same track from somewhere else and the difference in quality is remarkable. Has that affected anybody in the past when djing at the clubs? I dont want to go dj my next gig with shitty sound bites... especially since its NYE!

Let me know,
Thanks
ninos 12:57 PM - 25 December, 2011
Djcity has the best quality. You must have some shitty speakers. All there tracks sound good.
Culprit 1:09 PM - 25 December, 2011
Quote:
Djcity has the best quality. You must have some shitty speakers. All there tracks sound good.

depends on source, i know dms has been touted as the best quality so far. BTC offers wav files for download as well which is source since their hookups is someone from power106 in la
hausdigler 10:44 PM - 25 December, 2011
how much is BTC?
SwiiSsTV 10:53 PM - 25 December, 2011
My speakers are fine fool, if you cant hear the difference in quality maybe u need help.
I think it might just be the interface on their website, sounds good once exported.
Thanks culprit
BigDookie 11:41 PM - 25 December, 2011
Swiss: The preview sound.is low quality. Probably 64kbps. When you actually download the track its 320.
BigDookie 11:42 PM - 25 December, 2011
I tried posing this question in another thread... But do you fellas mind dropping some info on what criteria you use when judging a record pool?
Culprit 10:07 AM - 26 December, 2011
Quote:
I tried posing this question in another thread... But do you fellas mind dropping some info on what criteria you use when judging a record pool?

I will try to limit this into 1,2 ,3.

1 - Quality of product
2 - Layout of Website
3 - Customer Service
4 - Pricing
Audio1 9:46 PM - 27 December, 2011
alexrage.com for DJ CITY users. Cuts down a lot of time when browsing/previewing music.
Culprit 1:14 AM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
alexrage.com for DJ CITY users. Cuts down a lot of time when browsing/previewing music.

awesome
AIRX ONE 2:18 AM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:

+1 i used to spend at least $100 a week
noid25er 6:26 AM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:

Thank You Audio1 for the link. djcity really needed this preview shortcut, it saves a lot of time.
Audio1 7:13 PM - 28 December, 2011
A lot of people still aren't aware of it. Thank Alex Rage for it.
djpuma_gemini 7:20 PM - 28 December, 2011
^That's a great tool
I'm not on djcity anymore. I do miss them, cause they'd always have my new cali tracks way before anyone else.
gotchuckz 5:33 AM - 29 December, 2011
Quote:
Swiss: The preview sound.is low quality. Probably 64kbps. When you actually download the track its 320.

Not always true. DJcity have a lot of 192 kbps tracks and even 128 kbps. They turn them into 320 kbps intro tracks.
DJ Remy USA 9:08 PM - 29 December, 2011
Quote:

whats this about Im at work so I cant see it
Audio1 9:31 PM - 29 December, 2011
Its a script that allows you to get the preview player on each track on the same page without having to visit each individual page. You just grab the link from Alex Rage's website and drag it to your browser's bookmarks bar.
StylesD 9:45 PM - 29 December, 2011
Alex really killed it with that script!

There's been a lot of chatter on here the last week or so concerning DJcity so just to let you guys know, we have a few big things in the works...

I can't divulge too much, but changes will include a streamlined downloading/reviewing process, more efficient searching capabilities and a service for VJs.

Keep an eye on our site and social media outlets for these changes and few other BIG moves! Send any questions or comments you have directly to me at styles@djcity.com.

Thanks and happy New Year!
Culprit 9:55 PM - 29 December, 2011
Quote:
Alex really killed it with that script!

There's been a lot of chatter on here the last week or so concerning DJcity so just to let you guys know, we have a few big things in the works...

I can't divulge too much, but changes will include a streamlined downloading/reviewing process, more efficient searching capabilities and a service for VJs.

Keep an eye on our site and social media outlets for these changes and few other BIG moves! Send any questions or comments you have directly to me at styles@djcity.com.

Thanks and happy New Year!

you guys have videos too?
DJ Remy USA 11:57 PM - 29 December, 2011
need some help I cant get the script to work it just tells me that this works only on DJ city
DJ Remy USA 12:10 AM - 30 December, 2011
bump anyone
Culprit 4:34 AM - 30 December, 2011
did you follow the instructions?
DJ Remy USA 7:08 PM - 30 December, 2011
i figured it out I had to update my Java
djjoefresh 8:45 PM - 30 December, 2011
Great tool Audio1, thanks!
DJ B.Bonkers 11:13 PM - 10 January, 2013
Hey man I love DJCITY! Best record pool out there honestly. Here's a few tracks I recommend you picking up as well:

1. Fresh Out - Joe Moses (feat Tory Lanes)
2. Dance On Me - Rouzy Rouz (feat Kurupt & Shawn Isaac)
3. It's Going Down - Ace Hood & Meek Mill
4. Bounce - Nick Ngo Trap Remix Calvin Harris

Got all these on repeat lately hahaha
Dj Shamann 1:35 AM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:

Ah hell yeah!

: )
Roy Levi 11:42 AM - 4 April, 2013
Quote:

Does this one still apply?
monchi 11:46 AM - 4 April, 2013
^^Nope, now you can preview each track on the same page.
Laz219 12:23 PM - 4 April, 2013
Yep, they really took that one on board. The alex Rage plugin made DJcity 10x better but it's not necessary now.
Roy Levi 12:38 PM - 4 April, 2013
Aha, so that's what it used to do. Couldn't see it doing much when I tried it now :)

Cheers!
Laz219 12:48 PM - 4 April, 2013
Essentially just used to let you have a preview button when you were reading the whole list of tracks, now it's done like that anyway.
Roy Levi 1:23 PM - 4 April, 2013
That's grand. Of course, what I want now is something that will auto play the previews in a result list one by one ;)
Laz219 1:29 PM - 4 April, 2013
Could be done I guess, although I used to just download everything I was interested in. Throw it in a playlist on my ipod and review it that way. Because a one shot preview never gave me the proper 'feel' for a track
Roy Levi 2:06 PM - 4 April, 2013
Aye, I guess I could do that, but I kinda feel obligated to give it an initial listen before I rate (and get access to the download)
Laz219 2:22 PM - 4 April, 2013
I always gave decent feedback still, you can get a basic opinion in a second. Although sometime I would just comment "sounds ok, will need a few listens before I decide what I really think" or something like that.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:34 PM - 4 April, 2013
Quote:
I always gave decent feedback still, you can get a basic opinion in a second. Although sometime I would just comment "sounds ok, will need a few listens before I decide what I really think" or something like that.

Lmfao...ive dled every dj city track for the last 4 years....every piece of feedback has been "not bad will try"
Bowl Of Dicks 3:40 PM - 4 April, 2013
Can I get DJcity music for free? Like youtube downloader?
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:44 PM - 4 April, 2013
Quote:
Can I get DJcity music for free? Like youtube downloader?

Quoted for greatness
Bowl Of Dicks 3:51 PM - 4 April, 2013
So you can?
Roy Levi 3:59 PM - 4 April, 2013
Sure, as long as you are a member of the pool you can download all you want.
Laz219 2:21 AM - 5 April, 2013
Wow.
DJ.AJ 4:01 PM - 13 May, 2013
Anyone know of any pools that have gospel music.
DJ Remy USA 6:10 PM - 13 May, 2013
www.jesusismydj.com

Hey Jesus were you getting your tracks from now a days. I heard Noah and Jonah got them bangin edits. I heard heaven be on level 10 when Noah is spinning but when Joanh gets on its only a level 6.5.