DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NI's new Traktor Kontrol X1 controller...works with Scratch Live too!

Konix 5:54 PM - 3 November, 2009
www.skratchworx.com

Quote:
Beyond TRAKTOR, the KONTROL X1 can be used to efficiently control any MIDI-compatible DVS, DJ software or music performance application. The optional MIDI mode of the controller can be engaged on the fly via a dedicated button on the unit. The X1 also comes with a carefully designed set of parameter assignments for the Serato Scratch Live™ system, matching the relevant features of the software to the controller in an ideal way without any individual setup effort. A special Serato Scratch Live™ overlay for the X1 is also available.
DjWoody 6:59 PM - 3 November, 2009
Since it's basically a midi controller, I wonder how the Serato overlay will look like.

www.native-instruments.com
DjWoody 9:53 PM - 3 November, 2009
So essentially the new Denon HC1000S Serato controller is the same thing as the new Traktor Kontol X1. They have the same features, just laid out differently to resemble each software and the Traktor Kontrol 1 has more hot cues.

Denon HC1000S
www.musik-schmidt.de

Traktor Kontrol X1
www.skratchworx.com
CMOS 10:48 PM - 3 November, 2009
LOL Just like the software, the serato specific one seems to have a much better layout.
babooza69 11:18 PM - 3 November, 2009
serato needs more effects first!!! ARGH!!! built-in not 57!!!
C. William 4:31 AM - 4 November, 2009
Quote:
serato needs more effects first!!! ARGH!!! built-in not 57!!!

more? you mean ANY?
WarpNote 9:39 PM - 7 December, 2009
Will the X1 lights work with SSL? (ie turn on/off for functions) If not, this thing is nothing more than a smaller MPD to me. I've owned an MPD for about 2 years, and after getting the Denon DN HC1000S, the MPD has been gathering dust....

In a dark booth those lights make all the difference, also most booths/installations I DJ at, a horisontal design will fit better than a vertical.

Still, will be looking out for this one, is it just me, or does those buttons look on the tiny side?
joshvent 12:36 AM - 9 March, 2011
Hi, every1! I'm about to buy this tracktor controller x1! But i got a lil concern about this controller! How is gonna work with the Serato Scratch Live version 2.2?
DjWoody 1:34 AM - 9 March, 2011
Quote:
Hi, every1! I'm about to buy this tracktor controller x1! But i got a lil concern about this controller! How is gonna work with the Serato Scratch Live version 2.2?

It works great!
Dj JesC 1:43 AM - 9 March, 2011
+1
joshvent 3:32 AM - 9 March, 2011
do i need to download any software or something?
Jensen Määäm 6:30 AM - 9 March, 2011
The buttons are not to little. You can light up the whole thing and set a level for it in the software. To get the buttons lights on/off when in use/not used it's a bit tricky but you still can do it.