Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Waveform position

North Kid 8:33 AM - 8 October, 2009
After using Scratch live for years and now switching to Itch I cannot decide where to put my waveforms.
Horizontal or vertical? I know its personal choice but I just wanted to know who had what just to see the most popular.

Im swinging to vertical left as my Mac dock is at that side but by tommor I will change my mind probably
Ian Williams 8:49 AM - 8 October, 2009
I've got a 13" Macbook, which is a fairly small screen. So I go vertical left to maximise the amount of library I can see.
DJdaveZ 9:12 AM - 8 October, 2009
i go horizontal... it just makes more sense to me..
rorz007 9:36 AM - 8 October, 2009
Has to be vertical everytime!!

Having the wavefrom at the side of the screen distracts me too much. don't ask me why, my eyes just keep drifting over to it. I also opt for the 3 layers wave display, rather than the coloured waveform.
North Kid 9:47 AM - 8 October, 2009
I must agree I tend to stare at it more in vertical side but horizontal seems very Virtual DJ to me lol its a mental thing I suppose I want it to be as close to Scratch Live as possible I think.
North Kid 9:48 AM - 8 October, 2009
I have a 13" Macbook too and I agree it is all about seeing the library now especially with the smaller screen.
Cid K 1:05 PM - 8 October, 2009
For me it's Horizontal, easier for the eyes to look down.
DJ MDX 1:27 PM - 8 October, 2009
Vertical For Life!!

Placement depends on if you also use the Aux/Mic GUI.

Used Waves on left & Aux/Mic Gui on right

Not used Waves on either side but probably right more often.
Dj Beware 7:51 PM - 8 October, 2009
Vertical on the right hand side for me.
Dj Fitty 9:00 PM - 8 October, 2009
Vertical right.
casket hands 9:30 PM - 8 October, 2009
horizontal. Easier to read IMO
elsupermang 10:30 PM - 8 October, 2009
I guess it's just a brain thing. It'd be interesting to see a poll, righty vs lefty, girl vs boy. To me it made more sense on the vertical right, you scroll up and down your library so it made sense to look up and down the wave. I don't know if it can be scientifically proven but i feel its less eye and brain fatigue lol.