Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato. 2.6.0

djwesley 5:24 PM - 20 August, 2022
I need to restart Serato DJ every time I close my MacBook and reopen it. The software
moves in slow-motion with no audio. Help Please!!
DjSyndic8 2:29 AM - 21 August, 2022
Quote:
I need to restart Serato DJ every time I close my MacBook and reopen it. The software
moves in slow-motion with no audio. Help Please!!

whats your mac hardware specs, sounds like your laptop is struggling to run SDJ Pro
what older version of Serato were you using that ran stable?
Despo 11:39 AM - 21 August, 2022
As a workaround you could use a free app called amphetamine. You can set it to prevent your MacBook from going to sleep when you are running sdj and close your Laptop
powercut 8:04 PM - 21 August, 2022
I'm getting the same issue, on OSX 10.15.7 (19H2026)
vboyd666 8:17 PM - 24 August, 2022
Quote:
As a workaround you could use a free app called amphetamine. You can set it to prevent your MacBook from going to sleep when you are running sdj and close your Laptop

You can also do this in the energy saver settings of the Mac as well. Not sure why you'd want to close your lid and put your laptop to sleep in the middle of DJing. It's been my experience that any performance intensive software doesn't like being suspended and resumed when a laptop goes to sleep and then wakes up later.
Serato, Support
Mitch H 11:32 PM - 24 August, 2022
Hey Wesley,

Sorry to hear of those troubles.

Quote:
I need to restart Serato DJ every time I close my MacBook and reopen it

May I ask, do you get these same issues in 2.5.12 or is it only since updating to 2.6.0? It would be great if you could test this behaviour in 2.5.12 if you are unsure.

You can download 2.5.12 from here - serato.com
GaFFLe 2:44 PM - 28 August, 2022
Mine did this as well... while not connected to the mixer, after loading a track I got:

No sound
A slow moving waveform

I rebooted and now all works as it should. I'll reboot again and hope not to receive this issue again.
DJ NightHag 6:08 PM - 29 August, 2022
I'm having this trouble too, which only started when I upgraded to v2.6.0. Rebooting the software fixes it, but the problem recurs. I'm using a 2015 MacBook Pro and running Monterey 12.5.1.
Dj Koppa Top 3:56 PM - 17 September, 2022
Having this same issue since upgrade to 2.6. never did on previous builds.
david07 6:43 PM - 21 September, 2022
The same thing happens to me as the first message (djwesley), I need to restart because it loses the audio. Fix that
Serato, Support
Mitch H 2:36 AM - 27 September, 2022
Thank you everyone for the feedback on this.

This is something we are investigating and hope to have a fix for in a future build. If this is a show stopper for you guys, please consider rolling back to 2.5.12 - serato.com
david07 5:36 PM - 1 November, 2022
this is already exasperating, I can't lower the lid of my mbp because it loses the audio and I have to close the program and open it again, it's about time to solve it
DjSyndic8 6:24 PM - 1 November, 2022
Quote:
this is already exasperating, I can't lower the lid of my mbp because it loses the audio and I have to close the program and open it again, it's about time to solve it

have you tried adjusting your settings to do nothing when you close the lid?

also why would you close your lid while you djing cause the heat from your laptop will cause the screen to heat up if you close the lid?
Serato, Support
Luke B 12:30 AM - 2 November, 2022
Quote:

Hi david07 (and anyone else affected, in this thread),

We believe this issue was fixed in Serato DJ Pro 2.6.1 which was released today.
Can you please download the latest build and let us know how you get on?

Download: serato.com
david07 7:32 PM - 2 November, 2022
it's solved, thanks
DjSyndic8 2:30 AM - 3 November, 2022
Quote:
it's solved, thanks

How?
popnwave 2:34 PM - 3 November, 2022
Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where Tracking Scratch stops working when Loop Roll is used on the Pioneer DJ DDJ-REV1
Fixed an issue where incorrect Mic/Aux gain was applied on some hardware devices
Fixed an issue where the Rane Twelve Pitch Range would sometimes change without prompt
Fixed an issue where restoring a Mac from sleep state could result in lack of audio in Serato DJ Pro when hardware wasn't connected
david07 7:51 PM - 12 November, 2022
in 2.6 2 it happens again when closing the lid the audio is lost
david07 9:03 PM - 12 November, 2022
in version 2.6.1 this problem was fixed, this happens to me when I use the software in offline mode and after a while I close the lid, when I connect my mixer and do a set I never close the lid
Serato, Support
Luke B 2:15 AM - 13 November, 2022
Quote:
in 2.6 2 it happens again when closing the lid the audio is lost

Hi david07,

I just re-tested this several times with a machine on 2.6.2, and I'm not able to reproduce anything as per your latest comments.

Can you please raise a support ticket from the link below and one of our agents can continue to troubleshoot with you?
support.serato.com

Thanks
david07 5:38 PM - 13 November, 2022
It also happens to me in 2.6.1, I'm thinking that it could be my mbp, I'll configure it so that at x
close the lid do not go to sleep