Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Future Request: highlight only mixed songs in history like SSL

chims 6:20 AM - 12 September, 2009
title sums it up. in SSL, only the songs that are mixed get highlighted to mark played tracks. in ITCH, it highlights all tracks that get played, even if you don't mix it.
casket hands 6:56 AM - 12 September, 2009
if you get the latest version of itch (1.1) you will find that only tracks that are on a playing deck with the crossfader open and the channel fader up will write to your history.
kraal 7:14 AM - 12 September, 2009
uncheck the box that says something like 'show unplayed tracks'
chims 7:46 AM - 12 September, 2009
@casket hands, i prefer the method that SSL uses, it's more efficient to me. Sometimes, I mix with the up faders, so just loading any track while the CF is open will highlight the track. Just my preference I guess. Thanks for pointing it out.

@kraal that check box just affects if you view the history, but doesn't look like it affects your playlist tracks.
casket hands 7:59 AM - 12 September, 2009
oh sorry, I misunderstood. are you talking about the song turning yellow after you play it in your crates?
in that case, only the tracks you actually play are listed in history. This is done using an A-B algorithm, meaning a track on deck A is only listed once the track on deck B has been changed or ejected.
kraal 8:02 AM - 12 September, 2009
yrue the word history threw me off
chims 8:04 AM - 12 September, 2009
no, i do mean the highlighted tracks. casket, you had it right the first time. and my use of history was incorrect, i meant the playlists.
DJdaveZ 8:07 AM - 12 September, 2009
"- Songs are marked as played based on whether the song has been played in the mix. For a song to be played in the mix the upfader must be up on that channel, the crossfader must be open and the playhead must be moving."

from 1.1 release notes...
www.serato.com
DJdaveZ 8:09 AM - 12 September, 2009
ahhh the yellow highlight... yesssss that would be a great thing... make the highlighted tracks the same as the history view with show only played tracks active as the option.
kraal 10:59 AM - 12 September, 2009
or a way to 'unhighlight'