Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Crunching and Audio drop out

BabyBone 7:19 AM - 17 January, 2022
Help: I am running serato on a 2015 MBP 8GB ram 1TB. I have a been having consistant audio dropout and stutter on all my pioneer hardware. I have a DDJ100 SRT and a DJM S9. All have been cutting out midway through gigs with crunching and stuttering both in internal mode and with DVS. Anyone else encountered this problem?

PS. I have a clean install of catalina with up to date drivers and firmware, as well as shielded USB cables
djtrixa 11:24 AM - 18 January, 2022
Same Problem here. 13“ Mbp 2015, 16Gb, 1Tb ssd. Big Sur. Tryd out different cables, firmware, Serato versions. + the same problem on my old Mbp 2009 El Capitan. Use a Djm S9 and a DDJ 1000srt. Mostly the problem happen when using the Filter knob on S9.
Can somebody help?
Laz219 2:32 PM - 18 January, 2022
Sounds like USB drops but then both your specs seem well above what you should need,
Are you seeing the flashing yellow/red light to the top right of the GUI when it happens?
djtrixa 2:50 PM - 18 January, 2022
In my case, no. It happens without any signs/warnings. Serato screen doesn’t react. Only reconnect the usb or power off „helps“. I tryd out all USB Ports Mac/device and different drivers etc. When my friend connects his computer it works well with the same cable etc.
djtrixa 2:52 PM - 18 January, 2022
He use a windows pc ^
Sony311 11:32 PM - 18 January, 2022
What versions of Serato are you running?
BabyBone 11:35 PM - 18 January, 2022
Now my DDJ-SR that i was using is experiencing the same problem. Last night I noticed the same is now happening when I have no devices connected as well
BabyBone 11:35 PM - 18 January, 2022
Quote:
What versions of Serato are you running?

djtrixa 8:28 AM - 19 January, 2022
2.5.9 before with these freeze, audio problems

2.5.7 now. Seems to be ok. Phase support isn’t like in 2.5.9 but when it’s recognized & connected, stable.
1000SRT also stable under 2.5.7.
DJ Tecniq 2:56 PM - 19 January, 2022
Launch activity monitor to see what’s causing it. Have you scanned for corrupt files?
DJ Melo_ 6:49 PM - 28 January, 2022
Having same issue. Any fixes?
KrisKiz 7:32 PM - 8 February, 2022
Have same Issue MBP 2015 8 GB 512 gb, Pioneer S11, I got red/orange dot with audio on 2/5/8. Update: Just installed 2.5.9 and works Just fine. Seems with previous version i had 120 percent CPU used, now around 60% with the latest.
Mandito 3:31 PM - 9 February, 2022
What does the audio dropout look like exactly BabyBone?

Since updating to Monterey last week on my early 2015 MBP (16GB memory, intel i7) and updating drivers and firmware for my DDJ1000SRT, i have played two gigs since - where suddenly zero sound, while the LEDs on the channel are lit. This happened three times in one gig and twice in the second gig.

Have to turn it off and on again and then it works fine.

I have two weddings this weekend and am feeling kinda stressed.... takes a long time to run around turning speakers down/off so i can power down and up my controller.

Is this a known problem? Anyone??
Mandito 3:32 PM - 9 February, 2022
Quote:
What does the audio dropout look like exactly BabyBone?

Since updating to Monterey last week on my early 2015 MBP (16GB memory, intel i7) and updating drivers and firmware for my DDJ1000SRT, i have played two gigs since - where suddenly zero sound, while the LEDs on the channel are lit. This happened three times in one gig and twice in the second gig.

Have to turn it off and on again and then it works fine.

I have two weddings this weekend and am feeling kinda stressed.... takes a long time to run around turning speakers down/off so i can power down and up my controller.

Is this a known problem? Anyone??

Sorry, I updated Serato to 2.5.9 and THEN realised i needed to update to Monterey for the DDJ1000SRT driver support.
Mandito 12:14 AM - 12 February, 2022
Last night I switched my controller with a friend, the same problem happened for me.
So its a software glitch.

I have a super important wedding tonight.

I am very hesitant to start attempting to restore from backup and downgrade my OS as I am not super tech savvy, its a Saturday and I could really be left with nothing!
I am running my Rane One in autoplay now to see if I can get the intermittent drop out to occur, determine if its a DDJ1000SRT driver issue?

Can someone please please help? I have submitted a request to Serato, but hoping someone else has experienced this and solved it?
DJ_Itchy_ZA 7:04 AM - 14 February, 2022
I've seen the same issues from 2.5.7 and up. I am using Phase in HID mode with a Denon DS1. Sproradic USB dropouts while the CPU is averaging at around 30%. I dropped my latency settings 5ms and it didnt help

I did a rollback to 2.5.5 and it seems to be a lot better, even running at 2ms latency.
dreamengineer 5:22 PM - 16 February, 2022
MBP 2015 running Monterey 12.2.1 16GB RAM
Serato 2.5.9
DDJ-1000SRT
stuttering, drop outs and total audio cut out lasts about 8-10 mins until you restart the controller, the crunching sounds is less after putting USB Buffer all the way to the right
lasts a bit longer after each controller reload, its like the driver or serato is just unloading its connection with the controller
no sign of systems overloading, I haven't gone as far back as 2.5.7 to be honest but I have rolled back to 2.5.8

something definitely going on here
dreamengineer 5:27 PM - 16 February, 2022
Quote:
MBP 2015 running Monterey 12.2.1 16GB RAM
Serato 2.5.9
DDJ-1000SRT
stuttering, drop outs and total audio cut out lasts about 8-10 mins until you restart the controller, the crunching sounds is less after putting USB Buffer all the way to the right
lasts a bit longer after each controller reload, its like the driver or serato is just unloading its connection with the controller
no sign of systems overloading, I haven't gone as far back as 2.5.7 to be honest but I have rolled back to 2.5.8

something definitely going on here

PS the roll back to 2.5.8 made no difference after a period of time it just keeps cutting out
DJ Tecniq 10:12 PM - 16 February, 2022
What output are you using have you tried a diff pair of audio cables?
dreamengineer 11:34 AM - 17 February, 2022
XLR straight out of the DDJ into a set of S-DJ60X speakers, I have managed to get to a 48min recording without a freeze, the whole of Serato freezes for up to 4-5 secs and then carries on, if I put the USB buffer down the crunching and freezes happen more often I am running the console live to see if anything obvious hits that but the only mention of serato in console refers to video connection...

(console is the mac syslog if others arent aware)

over the coming weekend I intend on rolling the whole way back to 2.5.7 as this was completely stable before upping to 2.5.8 and beyond with no sign of any of these issues happen to see if anything changes
mr groove 12:36 AM - 17 March, 2022
i've been getting the same issue, my case on various mixers (pioneer s11, srt-1000, older vestax controller). worked fine for years til recently. i'm on serato dj pro 2.4.6, my machine specs are abve w i7 processor, 16gb ram, past 4 gigs its done it once per night, intermettent n randomn. no sign or warning. need some help on this also. has the robotic sound choppy. fixes when i unplug/replug usb, or shut down mixer, or reboot. but recently after the reboot it did it again (live at a gig).
Dj Prodegy 12:16 PM - 18 March, 2022
Same issue here using 2.5.9 on Catalina i7, 16ram 1Tb SSD.
Audio drops out but serato runs as if nothing is wrong.
Have a wedding in a week!!!
DjSyndic8 11:29 PM - 18 March, 2022
Quote:
Same issue here using 2.5.9 on Catalina i7, 16ram 1Tb SSD.
Audio drops out but serato runs as if nothing is wrong.
Have a wedding in a week!!!

could result from a faulty cable to CPU spikes cause an app or malware in the background, not enough memory, install "clean my Mac" to really understand whats going on in the back ground, but try reinstalling SDJ 2.59 or revert to SDJ 2.46 and see if that works is your music on an external hard drive? usb cable issue? you gotta try different things
DJ STU-C 8:23 AM - 19 March, 2022
Have you made sure all other programs are disabled, wifi and Bluetooth are off? Also do a reboot before opening Serato and after closing everything else down, that will kill all the other background tasks you might have running.

Run screen refresh at 30fps and USB buffer at 10ms.

Sounds stupid too but try using the B connection on the DDJ and not the A, I don’t own one myself but people who own the RB version have said it works better on the B one.

As someone said above, make sure you’re using a good quality USB cable too, from DJTT or similar. Also make sure the laptop is powered throughout.

Even if I’m DJing at home I’ll do all those steps.
Cfulgencio 9:47 PM - 26 January, 2023
Has anyone resolved this issue ever since I update to 3.0 my boards as soon as I plugg it into my computers just flag red right of the back and then start clipping after 5 minutes of playing happens on my Mac pro big sur and my windows 11 both with required operating systems and up to date I did all the steps to optimize thr computers and nothing.. problem doesn't change and it's frustrating anyone please help
DjSyndic8 12:22 AM - 27 January, 2023
Try updating your macos to Ventura 3.0 was made for Ventura