Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato with Numark CDX

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ10Supreme 3:26 PM - 21 July, 2006
I bought the Serato approx 2 mos ago and everything was fine. Ive used on Pioneer CDJ 1000, Denon CD turntables, and my own Numark CDX. For some reason on one of the Numark CDX, the threshold never stays at 100%. Every few seconds, the ring shakes like a vibrating shake and when it does, the % decreases. The more the threshold decreases, the songs quality decreases and sounds choppy. Ive increased audio buffer size, Ive checked the estimated button, Ive even gotten the optical lens on Numark CDX serviced and its still not staying at 100%. What do i do ???
JayB1200 3:30 PM - 21 July, 2006
how far does the percentage drop?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:42 PM - 21 July, 2006
Do you have the Key Lock feature on?
Bigfourty4 1:37 PM - 25 July, 2006
I also had the same problem with my CDX. The ring shakes every couple of seconds and distorts some of the sound. When Playing normal audio cds, I do not have this problem.

My solution was to get 2 TTX's....and I just got a pair of 1200s....So i guess having 5 isn't such a bad thing now. MY CDX is up on ebay right now...but if we can figure out how to fix this, i might take it off.
Bigfourty4 1:38 PM - 25 July, 2006
O..and the Key lock was NOT ON. Neither were any effects.
DJ RECKONIZE 3:19 AM - 26 July, 2006
Have we found a fix on this problem yet? I to have two cdx's. But haven't purchased the package yet. Please let me know what you did to correct this.

Thanks
Bigfourty4 11:26 AM - 26 July, 2006
Solution= Sell CDX--> BUY 1200's or TTX
DJ RECKONIZE 1:48 PM - 26 July, 2006
Come On are you serious? I have 1200's already bro. I would like to use the CDX's for mobile. You guys at Rane might have a solution for this yes?
boabmatic 3:15 PM - 26 July, 2006
just replied to you PM Fri3ndly...

I'd suggest its a CDX problem rather than a serato problem...

not powered up my CDX's since I got serato but if I got time tonight I'll try mine to see if I get the same issue.
boabmatic 3:52 PM - 26 July, 2006
forgot to say... there were some CDX's that had loose ground connections in them which may cause threshold issues?

This was fixed by opening them up and tightening up the screws with ground wires or ground marks beside them...

this vid shows hows to dismante them plus how to re-route the CD transport cable to prevent CD read errors & random looping on the CDX's

www.k1productions.com
Bigfourty4 4:14 PM - 26 July, 2006
Video seems like it should help. I once tried to take it apart at school, but i didn't hav ethe right screwdrivers. I am going to try this when i get home from work.
DJ RECKONIZE 12:54 AM - 27 July, 2006
Quote:
I bought the Serato approx 2 mos ago and everything was fine. Ive used on Pioneer CDJ 1000, Denon CD turntables, and my own Numark CDX. For some reason on one of the Numark CDX, the threshold never stays at 100%. Every few seconds, the ring shakes like a vibrating shake and when it does, the % decreases. The more the threshold decreases, the songs quality decreases and sounds choppy. Ive increased audio buffer size, Ive checked the estimated button, Ive even gotten the optical lens on Numark CDX serviced and its still not staying at 100%. What do i do ???

Question? Are you using 1.6 Version with this?