DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato & Windows 7

sl1200 8:56 AM - 17 August, 2009
Anybody using this combination yet?

Are there any Issues?
RogerRabbit 9:35 PM - 17 August, 2009
Windows 7 with 1.9.1 works fine for me, no issues...
Loopman 12:57 PM - 24 August, 2009
how low can you set the usb buffer?
RogerRabbit 5:28 AM - 26 August, 2009
Quote:

It's dependent on your machine...
bangout 7:12 AM - 26 August, 2009
I've tested 1.9.1 for two months on Windows 7 both indoors at a local radio station and outdoors at the club and believe me when i say this. It actually works well and have more than just an excellent load time. Far quicker than on winxp sp3 and vista ultimate all at 32bit on a 64 bit platform. It loads immediately as you start up the serato software. I most make note that i've tried it on different models of pc's namely (hp pavillion dv6000 (am3...64x2 and sony viao vgn-nr430e/l (dual core2). both with 4 gigs ddr2/ sata 160 gig fill to the capacity of 108 gigs of mp3/ whitelabel files. Becuase i wanted to take it to the extreme. Win7 normal installation... created poor buffering on both laptop models. i then tweaked them both disabling aero themes, services...etc. I swear the viao made me feel like i had an alien ware pc. Hp countinued to respond poorly. And then i stumbled onto a little secrete and noticed that when the buffer is set @ 5% the music would reach a breaking point within the load balance especially with newly played tracks. i then decide to increase the buffer even thou i had bad experience on xp with it overloading and freezing up. so i went back and research the autonomy of the superfect in win7 and how it work. Some ppl said that it didn't anything in windows when it came to boosting and i notice it preloads or what we call caches services and commonly used programs for a faster access time. i then decide to increase the load and notice buffer started to become more accurate and the quality became more crystal and unique. i never knew that my hi-fi sounded this sexy. i have not had any issue as yet, i repeat not one issue. usb drivers were excellent i use the driver update wizard. sp6 sampler perfect as well. i haven't tried mixing video as yet this was an mp3 and whitelabel test but must mention that live feed is also so excellent. (NOTE : I BELIEVE THAT THE PROFOLIO AND STRUCTURE OF A 64 BIT MACHINE DETERMINS THE STABILY OF WIN7 WHEN IT COMES TO ACCURACY WITHIN REALTIME WITHOUT DROP OUTS) Serato has been the greatest gift in my life. I would like to offer my sincere honor and keep up the great wk... looking to see more improvementz as we go along.

bangout3000 rep dk_ent.
BELIZE, Central america
bangout 7:29 AM - 26 August, 2009
i like to add that i'm professional skilled tech and i usually tweak my machines intensively becuase i'm a speed junk. i love my machines fast because i enjoy experiencing virtual reality in real time perfection.

Mixmasta C.dawg
-12 yrs exprence as a tech
-22 yrs as a dj
-5 yrs experince with serato
-owner of SL 1 + SL3
-Turntablist (1200 mk2)/ denon (dn5000)

Hope that answered your question.
sl1pm4t 9:49 AM - 30 August, 2009
Mostly it works well, but I'm having one annoying problem with W7.
W7 really struggles to 'read' the whitelabel files. So if you open a folder with a lot of WL files, the systems slows to a crawl, and moving or deleting is even worse. I think (but this is unconfirmed) that it is also causing issues for me in Serato SL / Itch when I play WL files.
Laz219 10:59 AM - 30 August, 2009
Search, been so many theads already. Help even has a sticky saying "not officially supported" now.
DJ BEELZEBU1 2:31 PM - 1 September, 2009
Quote:
Windows 7 with 1.9.1 works fine for me, no issues...

Quote:

yes works good
and usb buffer 5 is fine for optimal work in win 7
Dj Nyce 1:24 AM - 2 September, 2009
1.9.1 has been working flawlessly on win 7 rtm x64 and win 7 rtm x86 for me.

i haven't disabled any features (aero, etc) and have been able to go 3 on the buffer setting. with wifi on i get dropouts, so i leave wifi off when i'm performing. when i'm making mixtapes leave it on 5 just to ensure i don't get any pops.

i probably could get a stable 3 if i disabled all the fancy shit.
DJ i.N.G 5:37 AM - 24 October, 2009
Hey guys! Windows 7 is out! But i still cant figure out how to install the USB driver! HELP PLEASE!!
kryptonitednb 6:13 AM - 24 October, 2009
Nice - I have a copy of Windows 7 sitting right here. Couldn't decide if I wanted to install 64 on my home PC or go with the install on the Serato latop. I'm sold on putting on my Serato machine.
Gor 9:21 AM - 24 October, 2009
I bought an ssd to install my free copy of w7 that my uni gave me. The thing starts up in like 10 seconds flat and 3ds max runs twice as fast and im stretching it over two monitors as opposed to one on win xp. Fucken brilliant.

Only problem was my mobo drivers werent compatible but since my mobo is nforce, i just had to go to the nvidia site (not my mobo manufacturers site) and got the newest driver for my nforce chipset.

Havent tried ssl on it yet.
Phil Henry 9:14 PM - 28 October, 2009
im curious ... what version of windows 7 are you guys running (home or ultimate)?
Phil Henry 9:16 PM - 28 October, 2009
i canrt seem to get it to work on my machine at all
babooza69 10:39 PM - 28 October, 2009
been using 1.9.1 final with windows 7 ultimate OEM for over a month now. gigged 3x with it no problems at all
DPR250R 12:20 AM - 29 October, 2009
Quote:
Mostly it works well, but I'm having one annoying problem with W7.
W7 really struggles to 'read' the whitelabel files. So if you open a folder with a lot of WL files, the systems slows to a crawl, and moving or deleting is even worse.

That is not just in W7... XP as`well...
Strom Carlson 6:09 AM - 29 October, 2009
I bought a new laptop the other day and have been running Windows 7 and Scratch Live on it. So far, I've had no problems at all (touch wood).
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:57 AM - 29 October, 2009
Dell studio 15 2.2ghz intel centrino duo, 4 gb ram 500gb harddrive, windows 7 home premium 64bit. installed fine tested with a couple of tracks worked fine with the sl-1 box. had buffer set in the middle (default). now analyzing all the tracks, will test more on weekend and also change the usb buffer. so far so good.
Maskrider 2:30 PM - 29 October, 2009
Hope Serato Team will say something about it though.
DJSKD 3:40 PM - 29 October, 2009
Windows 7 has done nothing but good for my Serato. Both SL and Itch. Keep in mind I disable the AREO nonsense to achieve perfect harmony.
DJ_Trilogy 6:21 PM - 29 October, 2009
Quote:
Windows 7 has done nothing but good for my Serato. Both SL and Itch. Keep in mind I disable the AREO nonsense to achieve perfect harmony.

If you are running Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate and your computer is capable of doing virtualization, try running it in a Windows XP Mode.
J.J. 6:44 PM - 29 October, 2009
I just ordered a new laptop with an i7 mobile processor (quad core) and it comes with Windows 7. I've been BETA testing Windows 7 for the last 8 months and it's very fast and solid. Of course, it's an optimized version of Vista, that's why most Vista drivers work for it.

Other than the Jog Wheel, everything runs fine on my old Pentium 4 3.4GHZ laptop. www.scratchlive.net

The JOG Wheel on the HC4500 is very slow under Windows 7. It's like the JOG Pulse was lowered from 1480 to 740 or even 555. In scratch mode, 1 full revolution only moves the record 1/6 around which makes scratching, back cueing and scanning impossible. This happened under Window 7 beta, Release Candidates, OEM, and Retail version.

I realize Windows 7 is not supported yet. www.scratchlive.net

The Jog wheel in Traktor 1.2 still work fine in Windows 7 so I don't think it's the firmware.
lunizus 11:05 PM - 29 October, 2009
what is Areo??
lil vito 11:37 PM - 29 October, 2009
I think he means AERO.... the pretty interface you see....
Strom Carlson 12:30 AM - 30 October, 2009
Quote:
I think he means AERO.... the pretty interface you see....

FWIW, Aero seems to have little effect, if anything at all, on Scratch Live under Windows 7 for me.
FunkFanatic 4:09 AM - 14 December, 2009
WHEN will the driver updates be available for the windows 7..... just bought a new windows 7 pc and now cant use scratch live
So i now have an $900 scratch live delema :(
FunkFanatic 4:13 AM - 14 December, 2009
I may sound dumb but it worked fine on my windows xp comp ..but now when i plug in the usb from scratch hub to comp it does nothing.
Banana_Peter 5:16 AM - 14 December, 2009
it works for me (ultimate)
Loopman 1:04 PM - 14 December, 2009
it works just fine in windows 7.. just install the Vista driver - just watch for 32 or 64 bit depending what you have installed on your computer.. I have W7 64bit Pro.. run the Vista 64 bit driver and 1.9.2 with no issues on my rane 57 and the sl1 box
FunkFanatic 11:02 AM - 16 December, 2009
where do you find the Vista driver downlaod on this site?...In the download section it only give you WIN or MAC download . and it tells me i already have the latest version of 1.92.
im running Serato scratch live and SL3.
Help :(
al83 1:26 PM - 16 December, 2009
I expect windows 7 support is in v2, there's little point in releasing a minor incriminetal update now when v2 is weeks away, they're probably focussing all their energy on that.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:29 PM - 16 December, 2009
to find the driver is easy. yes on seratos site there download for MAC and windows WIN. Windows make vista! i guess you have downloaded 1.9.2 which is the newest version. once installed plug in your sl3 goto start menu programs look for serato then goto update driver and then it will install the driver for you. jod done. the vista driver also works for windows 7. Hope this helps.
Fonzietron 11:39 PM - 16 December, 2009
As stated above, it works really well when aero is diabled.

I run it under Windows XP compatability mode. That way it automatically disables aero when I launch scratch live... and re-enables it once I exit the application.
FunkFanatic 1:23 PM - 19 December, 2009
THANKS everyone for your words of help:) Got some patients with my PC and finally worked it out :)

back to mixing ;)

Cheers
Wayne
kryptonitednb 2:01 PM - 19 December, 2009
I am going to try and run under XP compatibility mode. For some reason I have had more problems with 7 than any other release. Really random stuff, but problems nonetheless.
Loopman 3:07 PM - 19 December, 2009
a "clean" windows 7 works just fine for me, I wouldn't trust a machine full of pre installed Asus, HP or whatever software.. might be worth a try if this is the case. I can pretty much do anything while I run Serato with the USB buffer at 5.. surf the net and all that good stuff with no drop outs so it shouldn't be any problems even if W7 isn't officially supported
DJ Ramon2 2:01 AM - 22 December, 2009
come check live video on Win 7 with Serato
Watchwww.youtube.com
FunkFanatic 12:35 PM - 26 December, 2009
Nice video Ramon cheers....Im running mine on new Win 7 touch screen and enjoying being able to drag and drop tracks into player witout using keyboard or mouse at all:)
DME-CEO 11:23 PM - 26 December, 2009
So far Windows 7 is turn'n out to be the truth!

Watchwww.youtube.com
babooza69 1:39 AM - 27 December, 2009
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

is it just me, or is that mix terrible? did you even try? it sounds like shit...
DME-CEO 1:45 AM - 27 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

is it just me, or is that mix terrible? did you even try? it sounds like shit...

Ah there'z alwayz ONE! Try "READING"..... or get someone to read what it says for you, your choice....
babooza69 2:09 AM - 27 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Ah there'z alwayz ONE! Try "READING"..... or get someone to read what it says for you, your choice....

sorry...i'm not trying to be rude

i did read - "In this one I'm actually just trying to get the best settings running Serato on a Windows 7 machine so don't get it twisted.... just testing ya dig. ENJOY! " but do you have to make it sound so bad while testing?!?! i would NEVER post a vid of myself if i mess up during like every single transition
DME-CEO 2:26 AM - 27 December, 2009
Look here homie.... a test is JUST that! I got the settings I wanted & needed.... you take'N this way too serious but if you want to go there be my guest...... as far as a vid of myself, dude I can care less, I do this for REAL & GET $$$ in the process Youtube does not pay me therefore there was no need to be in "performance mode" especially when I just got a new comp that doesn't officially support Serato @ the moment & again testing..... DangerousMindz Entertainment = GOOGLE ME! Honolulu, Tokyo, Yokohama, Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Singapore....... just to name a few!
babooza69 3:39 AM - 27 December, 2009
ok, post another vid for redemption then :D
DME-CEO 3:57 AM - 27 December, 2009
Redemption huh?! lol.... Just 4 U! I gotcha...
DPR250R 3:24 PM - 28 December, 2009
Umm... I don't get how a techie thread is turning in to a dick measuring contest... so anyway...

DME... what laptop were you using (model and specs) and what were your settings?
Vato_Rudo 4:46 PM - 28 December, 2009
I'm curious as to when Serato will officially support Windows 7. And I cant stand mixing while facing the wall - DME, turn yo decks around! =)
lunizus 8:27 PM - 28 December, 2009
yeah my decks are facing wall too. I wish I could turn mine around but no room :(

DME - is that the technics mixer or pioneer?
intellekt 2:38 PM - 29 December, 2009
ive been using serato and windows 7 ultimate for a couple months now and i haven't had any problems.
DJ Pullout 4:13 PM - 29 December, 2009
are you guys mostly using windows 7 premium, pro, or ultimate?
Banana_Peter 4:15 PM - 29 December, 2009
Only problem I'm having with Windows7 is the whitelabel tracks are loading forever in windows folder.
Dj Anthony 23 5:38 PM - 29 December, 2009
I just got a Dell Studio 15 with Windows 7 Premium. As soon as I took it out of the box, I installed Serato and spun a 3 hour set in my house and it worked Flawless!! No lag, no dropouts, no crashing, no nothing. I still have my Macbook with Leopard and I feel that Serato with Windows 7 performed alot better. It felt smoother and had better response time, no hesitation at all when loading songs, scratching, cueing, etc. As of now, I think i'm gonna stick with Windows 7.
DJ Pullout 6:12 PM - 29 December, 2009
BOOM. there it is.
DPR250R 6:24 PM - 29 December, 2009
Quote:
Only problem I'm having with Windows7 is the whitelabel tracks are loading forever in windows folder.

Happens in XP as well... Banana Man...
RogerRabbit 7:43 PM - 29 December, 2009
Quote:

You got to change that particular folder properties to "Documents" instead of "Music" or "General items".
Banana_Peter 8:38 PM - 29 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Happens in XP as well... Banana Man...

Hmmm I've never noticed that in Vista
Banana_Peter 8:39 PM - 29 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

You got to change that particular folder properties to "Documents" instead of "Music" or "General items".

That makes sense because in Vista, it was under Documents folder but when I upgraded to Windows7, I moved the music under Peetysfunkyjamz folder
DPR250R 9:01 PM - 29 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Cool... will check it out...
DME-CEO 1:49 AM - 1 January, 2010
Quote:
Umm... I don't get how a techie thread is turning in to a dick measuring contest... so anyway...

DME... what laptop were you using (model and specs) and what were your settings?

My apologies for the late reply, it's been non-stop and I haven't had anytime to hit the boardz..... Anyway, in the video I'm using an HP e9230f "desk top":

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Intel Core 2 Quad processor 8400/8GB
-SL1
-Latency 10
-SL Version 1.9.2

*LAPTOP*
-HP HDX 16 1370us
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
-Intel Core 2 Duo P7550/4GB
-SL3
-Latency set to 5
-SL Version 1.9.2

As mentioned above with the SL3 Windows 7 will not initially recognize it but just go to your start menu and find the driver and click update and you will be ready to rock!
DME-CEO 1:52 AM - 1 January, 2010
Quote:
I'm curious as to when Serato will officially support Windows 7. And I cant stand mixing while facing the wall - DME, turn yo decks around! =)

I wish I could boss but my studio space is limited here in "J-pan" .....
DME-CEO 2:00 AM - 1 January, 2010
Quote:
yeah my decks are facing wall too. I wish I could turn mine around but no room :(

Hey boss that is a Techniques SH-MZ 1200.
DME-CEO 2:03 AM - 1 January, 2010
Quote:
are you guys mostly using windows 7 premium, pro, or ultimate?

I'm not sure what the deal is with "pro" but @ least for me I couldn't "roll" Vista Home Premium up to pro, only premium or ultimate and since I already knew premium was ago I just went with ultimate with no issues.
lost vegas 2:39 AM - 1 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

dme... How dope is that mixer?? The preamps must be made of gold or some shit because that mixer is by far the best sounding mixer I've ever had!!! I'm a technics fanboy to the core
DME-CEO 3:12 AM - 1 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

dme... How dope is that mixer?? The preamps must be made of gold or some shit because that mixer is by far the best sounding mixer I've ever had!!! I'm a technics fanboy to the core

All I can say is that it'z been a "luv" affair!!! I even got the biggest club in this city using it over the Allen & Heath XONE 464! On top of all that it'z perfect for mobile gigs as well. I run my Mackie SRM 450'z straight off of it with no problems!
Dj Anthony 23 5:55 AM - 2 January, 2010
I'm gonna clear this up right now, I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my Mac through Boot Camp...I installed Serato and it's working perfectly fine, not one problem (knock on wood).
al83 11:32 AM - 2 January, 2010
Quote:
I just got a Dell Studio 15 with Windows 7 Premium. As soon as I took it out of the box, I installed Serato and spun a 3 hour set in my house and it worked Flawless!! No lag, no dropouts, no crashing, no nothing. I still have my Macbook with Leopard and I feel that Serato with Windows 7 performed alot better. It felt smoother and had better response time, no hesitation at all when loading songs, scratching, cueing, etc. As of now, I think i'm gonna stick with Windows 7.

i have been thinking for a few months now of ditching the macbook pro and getting a win 7 laptop, just need the extra usb ports!
blackavenger 3:47 PM - 2 January, 2010
^^ yeah, I've been curious as to why 15" (& under) Mac's don't have more than 2 USB ports. Is there a stated reason for this?
al83 5:19 PM - 2 January, 2010
because apple say so!! ;)
society 11:05 PM - 2 January, 2010
Upgraded to 7 Home Premium the other day and zero problems so far using the Vista drivers.
RubixDigitales 11:26 AM - 3 January, 2010
Quote:

Hey DJ Antohony what's the exact model of your Dell Studio 15? 1535? 1537? 1555? As I'm thinking of getting one. I know some of the older studio 15s had firmware issues which caused audio dropouts regardless of USB buffer settings....
rbrown6 1:50 AM - 6 January, 2010
I have just got a HP Pavillion dv4 Notebook PC with Intel Core 2 duo CPU processor. It has 4gb of ram and is a 64 bit operating system

I am currently using serato and running off vista. I am looking to upgrade to Windows 7 and wanted to know will that change anything when my computer gets upgraded. Will I have to analyze my files again and would I need to make new crates or would nothing change? Also I have been experiencing some distortion at times with vista and I was wondering if that is due from possibly running Vista since I heard vista isn't that good or does it have something to do with the USB Buffer Latency

reason I ask is because I wanted to upgrade tomorrow but I have 2 huge gigs on Friday and Saturday and didn't want to have to start all over again...

please help lol
RogerRabbit 3:39 AM - 6 January, 2010
Quote:
I have just got a HP Pavillion dv4 Notebook PC with Intel Core 2 duo CPU processor. It has 4gb of ram and is a 64 bit operating system

I am currently using serato and running off vista. I am looking to upgrade to Windows 7 and wanted to know will that change anything when my computer gets upgraded. Will I have to analyze my files again and would I need to make new crates or would nothing change? Also I have been experiencing some distortion at times with vista and I was wondering if that is due from possibly running Vista since I heard vista isn't that good or does it have something to do with the USB Buffer Latency

reason I ask is because I wanted to upgrade tomorrow but I have 2 huge gigs on Friday and Saturday and didn't want to have to start all over again...

please help lol

I suggest you upgrade on Sunday or Saturday after your gig, so you can get yourself acquainted with the new OS. Yes, the distortion could be cause by the usb buffer latency. A setting between 3 -5 should be good, you don't have to get it all the way to zero. And turn off the wifi and make sure the power options is set to "High Performance" for a better response.
Your crates will files will be intact, no need to reanalyze your files, but make sure you back up before the upgrade.
Dj Anthony 23 7:45 PM - 7 January, 2010
RUBIX........I have the Studio 1555
CMOS 8:22 PM - 7 January, 2010
Do you know about GOD Mode in Windows 7?

news.cnet.com
CMOS 8:23 PM - 7 January, 2010
^^^^ Feature or Bug............You make the call?

My money is on this going away soon with an 'update'.
WarpNote 9:00 PM - 7 January, 2010
Quote:
^^ yeah, I've been curious as to why 15" (& under) Mac's don't have more than 2 USB ports. Is there a stated reason for this?

Yeah 4 would be optimal. Think I read somewhere that less holes in the chassis makes it stronger, though I'm suspecting its just to keep cost down...
blackavenger 11:51 PM - 7 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah 4 would be optimal. Think I read somewhere that less holes in the chassis makes it stronger, though I'm suspecting its just to keep cost down...

Yeah, if Macs had 4 USB ports I would consider making the switch. It's the reason I've continued to upgrade my Dell E-1505.....even most PCs nowadays only have 2 (or sometimes 3) USBs. I know you can get powered hubs and what not, and I have one (bringing me up to 8), but laptop builders should seriously go back to having at least 4.
blackavenger 11:58 PM - 7 January, 2010
Quote:
Do you know about GOD Mode in Windows 7?

news.cnet.com

Wow....that's dope!

Thanks for posting this.....I had no idea.
Dj Bigtwon 5:07 AM - 8 January, 2010
this god mode is great. thanks
lost vegas 6:45 AM - 8 January, 2010
I hate to say it but my windows 7 pc has been crushing my mac in all of my side by side test.....I'm really happy with windows 7 thus far.
WarpNote 8:40 AM - 8 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, if Macs had 4 USB ports I would consider making the switch. It's the reason I've continued to upgrade my Dell E-1505.....even most PCs nowadays only have 2 (or sometimes 3) USBs. I know you can get powered hubs and what not, and I have one (bringing me up to 8), but laptop builders should seriously go back to having at least 4.

Yeah, my old Dell Precision M90 has 6 usb ports, 2 on the side, 4 in the back.
But it's really heavy, used it one year for gigs, but no more. My Macbook Pro is hooked up to a 7 port hub at home, but I never bother to bring the hub to gigs. I've been running music of a firewire 800 bus powered drive, but looking to upgrade the internal disk now...
Vato_Rudo 8:22 PM - 14 January, 2010
anyone running a Dell Inspiron 15 with Windows 7 and SL3? I was thinking about buying the base model just to have something decent for Serato. Right now I'm using an old hand me down Inspiron media center dinosaur with 1 GB of RAM and an AMD processor but it somehow works with SL3 and 1.9.2. I get random audio glitches and the touchpad is f*cked so I definately need an upgrade. The Inspiron 15 with an Intel Centrino 2.2 Ghz processor, 3 GB of RAM, and a 250GB HDD goes for less than 500 beans, not a bad deal.
DJ CUTLOOSE 12:43 AM - 20 January, 2010
This is an amazing thread, Im just at the crossroads of whether to goto a mac or get a new pc laptop.

i didnt realis ethat Athlon processors dont work well with SSL and brought a satallite L300, luckily I can sell that.

I cant really afford a mackbook, but was considering selling some of my PA gear just to raise the funds, but now I read this and I think I'm gonna stick with PC Laptops and save myself a whole heap of money.

i use SSL as a semi pro DJm and over the next few months will be spinning at 3 or 4 gigs a week, so this is a blessing !

Nuff respect

DJ Cutloose
DJ CUTLOOSE 12:45 AM - 20 January, 2010
This is lookikng like a good replacement, nice processor, 4 usb ports, good ram amd hd !

BTW are any of you guys using a nan pad with windows 7 ?
DJ CUTLOOSE 1:00 AM - 20 January, 2010
kryptonitednb 1:41 AM - 20 January, 2010
Quote:
This is lookikng like a good replacement, nice processor, 4 usb ports, good ram amd hd !

BTW are any of you guys using a nan pad with windows 7 ?

I use a nanopad and nanokontrol and they both work just fine
the_black_one 2:08 AM - 20 January, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

sorry... did not feel it at all (NH,NM,NBM)
DPR250R 3:11 AM - 20 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

This is a technical thread.... if you need to put someone down do it somewhere else...
the_black_one 6:00 AM - 20 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

This is a technical thread.... if you need to put someone down do it somewhere else...

no excusse bro.... sorry testing something out does give you a card to suck!
blackavenger 9:29 AM - 20 January, 2010
Quote:
anyone running a Dell Inspiron 15 with Windows 7 and SL3? I was thinking about buying the base model just to have something decent for Serato. Right now I'm using an old hand me down Inspiron media center dinosaur with 1 GB of RAM and an AMD processor but it somehow works with SL3 and 1.9.2. I get random audio glitches and the touchpad is f*cked so I definately need an upgrade. The Inspiron 15 with an Intel Centrino 2.2 Ghz processor, 3 GB of RAM, and a 250GB HDD goes for less than 500 beans, not a bad deal.

Well, I have an E-1505 T7600 (2.33 Ghz), w' 4Gbs of Kingston Hyper-X RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HDD, and all fares well for me. I've had it for almost 4 years....kept upgrading it. I am able to run Sound forge (sometimes for recording) & ScratchLIVE at the same time. I also have a nanoPAD running.....it seems to handle everything fine so far. Wondering what Ableton & Serato "Bridge" will be like though.
DJ CUTLOOSE 1:32 PM - 21 January, 2010
Has anyone got tried the new Dell Stutio 15 with i7 quad core , it's sounds crazy fast !!!??
Vato_Rudo 2:11 PM - 21 January, 2010
but it's also crazy expensive. A machine that powerful isnt necessary for Serato use anyway.
Loopman 2:41 PM - 21 January, 2010
well it will be quick makin overviews for sure :)

I had 2 Dell computers, Inspirion and XPS.. the normally work very well with Serato
blackavenger 3:06 PM - 21 January, 2010
Quote:
but it's also crazy expensive. A machine that powerful isnt necessary for Serato use anyway.

Neither are most of the Macbook Pros, but that doesn't stop the heard from rushing out to get the newest iteration each and every time it's released. But in all fairness, I believe once this partnership with Ableton is fully realized, the Min. Spec. requirement will surely be higher than lower clocked dual-core could provide.
DJ CUTLOOSE 4:42 PM - 21 January, 2010
I gotta admit I rate dell, I was using a Inspirion, very basic model, never missed a beat, I used it for a weekend car show I did for Vibe Car Audio, it just kept goin for the whole weekender, stayed cool as well !

Im thinkin the same as you too Vato, but also I'm thinking about the ableton hook up and what will we need then.

At least tho Ill get the Studio 15 with an i5 duel core, I 2 of my mates have them and wear they are super fast plus reliable !!
Vato_Rudo 4:59 PM - 21 January, 2010
If I could afford it, I'd opt for a spec'd out studio 15 as well but maybe I'll just get the Inspiron 15 with an upgraded quad core, anyway I can upgrade the RAM and HDD later on down the road.
Laz219 1:09 AM - 22 January, 2010
I'm running a fairly basic inspiron and scratch live is completely maxed and I rarely ever see the USB light (and when I do there is no noticeable effect on audio)

I run the i5 dual cores in my home PC with windows 7. Works really well, for 1.9.2 it could easily be overkill although with the new features in 2.0 I think the requirements more than likely will be higher.
DJ Renier 1:35 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

That was very nice of you to put together a video which demonstrates that Windows 7 works better than Vista with Serato.

Thanks.
the_black_one 2:13 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

That was very nice of you to put together a video which demonstrates that Windows 7 works better than Vista with Serato.

Thanks.

yoooooo...... that was terrible!
Vato_Rudo 12:09 PM - 16 March, 2010
hahahahahahaha that video was horrible! And why the f*k would you not turn off sleep mode or set it for like an hour? I set mine for an hour, that way if someone plays a set after me on through mode the lappy wont go to sleep in mid set.
DJ Pullout 12:49 PM - 16 March, 2010
So basically what this forum is saying is that all us Vista peeps should upgrade for the measly 100 bucks? Cause to tell you the truth.... my HO with Vista CONSTANTLY gives me issues....
DJ Pullout 12:49 PM - 16 March, 2010
*HP...... not HO. lol
the_black_one 10:07 PM - 17 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks.

yoooooo...... that was terrible!

by far the worst video of 2010 on here!!!!
spirez 2:01 PM - 18 March, 2010
I really like Windows 7. So much so that i'm thinkin i may stay PC rather than switching to mac
dj-dave-d 3:10 PM - 18 March, 2010
i had some issues with vista but 7 is silky smooth
jroc453 5:22 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
i had some issues with vista but 7 is silky smooth

Dave, Did you upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 on the same pc or did you get a new pc the had Vista? Just asking cuz I have Vista 32bit and I might upgrade to Windows 7 64bit. Please let me know what you did.

Thanks,
Jason
dj-dave-d 7:15 PM - 18 March, 2010
yeah it came with vista on it but it only lasted 2 weeks as i found vista sooooooo shit. i upgraded to 7 ultimate then best thing i did
jroc453 7:46 PM - 18 March, 2010
What made you upgrade to ultimate? Is it better then the standard windows 7? Did you do a clean install or just an upgrade? If you did a clean install was their any issues finding any drivers? I think I'm gonna do a clean install soon since Serato 2.0 will now have the drivers for windows 7. Please let me know what ya did. Thanks...
spirez 12:01 AM - 19 March, 2010
Most devices work with vista drivers. I did an upgrade initially but then did a clean install and it's been fine. Only driver i had to find manually was for my card reader.

I'm on home premium, tbh i dont think there's much difference unless you're a business user.

For DVS purposes most of the add-ons want to be turned off anyway such as the aero themes etc
dj-dave-d 1:22 AM - 19 March, 2010
i did an upgrade and i used ultimate as i had it free, just upgrade to premium dude, you can't go wrong
jroc453 2:16 AM - 19 March, 2010
Cool... I have a friend that pretty much works for Microsoft. He is gonna do the clean install for free and any windows 7 I want. So I don't know what one to install. It will only be used for serato... nothing else... You guys are the only ones who have been helping me out... thanks... Im gonna do it on Sunday..... A little freaked to say the leased..... But I should be cool..... Please let me know what Windows I should install... Thanks guys!!!
jroc453 2:18 AM - 19 March, 2010
FYI... I don't have to pay for the software.... so... What Windows should I install? I don't need all the bells and wisiles..
jroc453 2:36 AM - 19 March, 2010
I did use it live for 2 hrs tonight... thank god no... freezing... only a few usb dropouts... no biggie. From what I have been reading...most DJ's using Windows 7 have been really happy... I have even read that some were thinking to go to Mac but are really cool using Windows 7. so I really can't wait to make the switch to windows 7.
spirez 9:58 AM - 19 March, 2010
If it's free you may as well go with ultimate. Or Pro.

windows.microsoft.com
DJ Pullout 12:22 PM - 19 March, 2010
OK.... this thread alone has convinced me to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium. I already run Vista so I am going to buy the upgrade for $119. Is there a difference between doing a complete wipe and starting fresh with windows 7 and just buying the upgrade from Vista to 7?

Does it really matter or nah?
spirez 12:38 PM - 19 March, 2010
If you're gonna go with the upgrade package i'd do a clean install of vista first and then upgrade to 7 from that.

I did an upgrade and regretted not doing a clean wipe first. I then had problems as i had to do a fresh re-install of windows 7 when my HDD died, only to find that my key was only valid for upgrades..

So yeah, wipe it first and start from fresh without a lot of the crap that gets built up in a system over time.
spirez 12:39 PM - 19 March, 2010
PS, if you know a student, why not get them to get it for you on the student deal ;)

I'm at uni and only paid £30 for the upgrade
DJ Pullout 1:48 PM - 19 March, 2010
Im a student.... how do I do that?

Also.... I bought the PC from HP directly. So I don't have the Vista disc for the install if I wipe it clean. Is there a way to just wipe it clean without needing the Vista install disc?
jroc453 1:50 PM - 19 March, 2010
Most computers have the recovery partitioned on your C drive. Take a look if thats how your laptop is setup. Then you just need to burn that onto a DVD or two.
jroc453 1:59 PM - 19 March, 2010
I'm using Vista now. Is it better to just do a clean install of Windows 7? Or should I do the recovery with Vista... then upgrade to Windows 7? I was thinking I need to just do the clean install of Windows 7 cuz I don't want all the extra Dell crap that comes on the recovery disk from Dell. If I upgrade then I will still be getting all the useless software right?
Dj Nyce 2:19 PM - 19 March, 2010
big ups to msdn. i haven't paid for a microsoft product since 2000.
DJ Pullout 8:30 PM - 19 March, 2010
Just ordered the ultimate windows 7 as a student. lol
DJ Pullout 8:30 PM - 19 March, 2010
100 bucks as a student.
RogerRabbit 8:40 PM - 19 March, 2010
Quote:
I'm using Vista now. Is it better to just do a clean install of Windows 7? Or should I do the recovery with Vista... then upgrade to Windows 7? I was thinking I need to just do the clean install of Windows 7 cuz I don't want all the extra Dell crap that comes on the recovery disk from Dell. If I upgrade then I will still be getting all the useless software right?

Do a clean install, it is better. You may have to download some drivers from dell though when you are done.
DJ Pullout 9:33 PM - 24 March, 2010
My windows 7 Ultimate is on the way. What if I want to have a new windows login. This will change the file path for where my crates info is stored (scratchlive folder).

Do I have to do anything to make sure Serato will still read the folder with the crate info? I searched for crates on the forum but so much off topic stuff came up....
Dj Nyce 10:11 PM - 24 March, 2010
if you make a new login your scratchlive folder will be in a different location. all you have to do is install ssl, and then move your scratchlive folder to the Music folder of this new user.

now if you have music in this old username folder, those links will be broken because now the path is different. so you'll have to use the relocate missing files function of ssl (or you can use scratchtools).
Nerves 11:42 PM - 4 April, 2010
Can somebody PLEASE HELP ME???
Here is my problem -
I just purchased a brand new Vestax VCI-300 and I'm having a chronic freezing issue with it. EVERY TIME I use the unit, ITCH freezes when loading a track and also when I'm just playing a song. The ITCH software freezes but the track continues to play. The platters stay blue and I don't have much use of the VCI except for the cue points. I have a Sony Vaio (model vgn nw240) WITH WINDOWS 7. Sony Vaios are great machines but they come with a lot of unwanted sony software that bogs down the machine, so I also ran the DPC Latency Checker as mentioned in the serato forums and it states that my lap top is good to go. I have been pulling my hair out of my head for the past week trying to find out how to fix this problem. I've been on the phone with Vestax as well as Serato, I have been asking for help via emails and I've posted threads in different forums and I still can't get an answer. I checked the serial # on the back of my unit and it doesn't coincide with the defective units on Vestax's web site. I spent good money on this unit and I absolutely love it except for this one issue. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
blackavenger 5:27 AM - 5 April, 2010
Isn't there a forum for Itch?
You'll get better help here - www.serato.com
Nerves 11:16 AM - 5 April, 2010
Quote:
Isn't there a forum for Itch?
You'll get better help here - www.serato.com

Yes thanks, but I also posted here because I thought that it might be a Windows 7 issue.
DJ Pullout 12:16 PM - 5 April, 2010
OK so I just had my first gig with Windows 7 Ultimate. At one point only through the night it froze but the music kept playing so it wasnt a complete disaster. Eventually it caught back up. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well it ran other than that one time.

One thing though..... when looking at my computer screen it seems as though when Im playing a song the digital turntable rotation seems choppy. Now this doesn't impact the music at all but it does seem like there might be a lag issue on my computer screen. Anyone else get this? Ive obviously adjusted everything in the setup tab trying to fix it but nothing worked....

Anyone notice something similar to this?
RogerRabbit 1:28 PM - 5 April, 2010
Quote:
Can somebody PLEASE HELP ME???
Here is my problem -
I just purchased a brand new Vestax VCI-300 and I'm having a chronic freezing issue with it. EVERY TIME I use the unit, ITCH freezes when loading a track and also when I'm just playing a song. The ITCH software freezes but the track continues to play. The platters stay blue and I don't have much use of the VCI except for the cue points. I have a Sony Vaio (model vgn nw240) WITH WINDOWS 7. Sony Vaios are great machines but they come with a lot of unwanted sony software that bogs down the machine

Uninstall the unwanted software and type "msconfig" in the win 7 search bar, run it and uncheck any unnecessary processes from running in the background.
Nerves 1:58 PM - 5 April, 2010
Thanks Roger, I did but it's still happening. I just finished scanning my hard drive (which contains 97,000 songs), and 1180 came up corrupt. I deleted them. Do you think that this could be the problem?
DJ Pullout 1:59 PM - 5 April, 2010
oh man. Yes. I think the most corrupt files I have ever had on my pc was like 5 and I delete them all. yowsers.
jroc453 2:00 PM - 5 April, 2010
I would use SHIFT+CTRL+DELETE to wipe them off your HD too....
Nerves 2:01 PM - 5 April, 2010
Hey DJ Pullout,
Did you run the DPC Latency checker on your computer?
Nerves 2:14 PM - 5 April, 2010
Thanks Jroc, but I deleted them out of my Serato library allready so there's no way for me to do that now. Do you think that I will still have a problem with them being on my drive even if they are not imported into Serato?
jroc453 2:22 PM - 5 April, 2010
Quote:
Thanks Jroc, but I deleted them out of my Serato library allready so there's no way for me to do that now. Do you think that I will still have a problem with them being on my drive even if they are not imported into Serato?

You should be fine, but I do it just cuz I am a freak like that lol...
RogerRabbit 2:23 PM - 5 April, 2010
I would just delete the corrupt files from the itch library - no need to delete the corrupt files from your hard drive. They should have no effect on the itch software if they are not read by itch. And I think serato have been lazy to fix the corrupt files issuse with their software - my other dvs handle the supposely "corrupt files" fine.

It may be also a vci related issue - possibly a driver related issue. Did you check the website to see if you have the most updated driver?
Nerves 2:27 PM - 5 April, 2010
Thanks Roger,
Do you mean firmware updates? I have the current version of Itch and have downloaded the current firmware updates..
DJ Pullout 2:45 PM - 5 April, 2010
Quote:
Hey DJ Pullout,
Did you run the DPC Latency checker on your computer?

I did a complete wipe of everything on the PC before upgrading to windows 7. So there is literally nothing running in the background. The only thing on the PC right now are MP3s, Norton, and Firefox. And obviously I turn Norton off....
Nerves 2:59 PM - 5 April, 2010
Thanks.. I hope deleting these files did the trick.
Vato_Rudo 8:30 PM - 7 May, 2010
Gettin ready to order a Dell Inspiron 1545, 320GB HDD, 3GB RAM, and a Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.2GHZ, Windows 7 home premium 64bit - anyone have any experience running Serato on one of these?
WarpNote 4:53 AM - 8 May, 2010
i ran SSL on a Dell Precision M90, 2.0 Ghz for a while, it was ok (it was Win XP though), and I assume the inspiron should be ok too. However, I think you would be a lot better off saving up some more $$ and get the white macbook. Even if lower spec'ed than the PC (memory & disk), it will run SSL a whole lot better than that PC. Also you can opt for more memory & disk when ordering or add at a later time. And if you ever wanna run Itch, then you really wanna stay Mac.
djdalite 6:51 PM - 8 May, 2010
been running windows seven since the release of 2.0 and it runs flawlessly

i have no dropouts at all, i use to get a lil one here and there with XP and Vista
Vato_Rudo 1:21 PM - 10 May, 2010
Quote:
i ran SSL on a Dell Precision M90, 2.0 Ghz for a while, it was ok (it was Win XP though), and I assume the inspiron should be ok too. However, I think you would be a lot better off saving up some more $$ and get the white macbook. Even if lower spec'ed than the PC (memory & disk), it will run SSL a whole lot better than that PC. Also you can opt for more memory & disk when ordering or add at a later time. And if you ever wanna run Itch, then you really wanna stay Mac.

that's too much money for me to be spending right now. Anything is better than the POS I've been using for the last 6 months or so..
Vato_Rudo 1:21 PM - 10 May, 2010
Quote:

i have no dropouts at all, i use to get a lil one here and there with XP and Vista

what are the specs on your W7 machine?
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:45 PM - 10 May, 2010
Quote:
Gettin ready to order a Dell Inspiron 1545, 320GB HDD, 3GB RAM, and a Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.2GHZ, Windows 7 home premium 64bit - anyone have any experience running Serato on one of these?

iv got the Dell inspiron 1545, 250gb hdd, 4gb ram, duo 2.2ghz win7 home 64bit. and it runs totaly fine, however the lowest i can have my USB buffer is 5.

Hope that helps.
djdalite 4:46 PM - 10 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

what are the specs on your W7 machine?

HP DV6 - Core Duo T5750 @ 2.00GHz
4 gigs ram
200gig HD
Windows 7 Ultimate
Vato_Rudo 1:29 PM - 11 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

iv got the Dell inspiron 1545, 250gb hdd, 4gb ram, duo 2.2ghz win7 home 64bit. and it runs totaly fine, however the lowest i can have my USB buffer is 5.

Hope that helps.

Awesome. I upped the RAM to 4GB as well so I'll be running basically the same machine.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:08 PM - 11 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope that helps.

Awesome. I upped the RAM to 4GB as well so I'll be running basically the same machine.

yes mine was 3gb but when i orderd i upgraded to 4gb. when you get the laptop make sure to look on the bottum of the laptop for your service tag number and goto dells support page and download all the newest drivers and bios. as mine came 5months out of date from new. i have also setup a dj loggin profile. and tweeked windows tobe best performance.

if you get any problems just click my name and message me direct. cheers
Vato_Rudo 6:23 PM - 11 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope that helps.

yes mine was 3gb but when i orderd i upgraded to 4gb. when you get the laptop make sure to look on the bottum of the laptop for your service tag number and goto dells support page and download all the newest drivers and bios. as mine came 5months out of date from new. i have also setup a dj loggin profile. and tweeked windows tobe best performance.

if you get any problems just click my name and message me direct. cheers

thanks!
Vato_Rudo 3:23 PM - 25 May, 2010
so far so good! Runs smooth as butta.
edj_pr 1:21 AM - 28 April, 2011
Hello!

Im inthe process of buying a macbook pro or a pc with win7(with high specs). To run ssl, which one is the best option do to your experiences you may recommend?

Thank You!
DJ Pullout 2:55 PM - 28 April, 2011
Mac pro is best.

Windows 7 with a sweet PC is also good.

Search the forum for more info....
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:09 PM - 28 April, 2011
Quote:
Hello!

Im inthe process of buying a macbook pro or a pc with win7(with high specs). To run ssl, which one is the best option do to your experiences you may recommend?

Thank You!

ya more info like do you have the Rane SL-1 ??? If so i would stay away from pcs altogther. and go with the mac.
BinnieDJ 12:32 AM - 12 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Hope that helps.

Can you help me out?

I've got a Dell Inspiron N4030 300gb hdd, 4gb ram, 2.13ghz that keeps crashing. I just got this as an upgrade and it seems like I'm going backwards. Buffer is set to 10.
RogerRabbit 12:36 AM - 12 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope that helps.

Can you help me out?

I've got a Dell Inspiron N4030 300gb hdd, 4gb ram, 2.13ghz that keeps crashing. I just got this as an upgrade and it seems like I'm going backwards. Buffer is set to 10.

Your pc is more than adequate - that version of ssl are you running..
RogerRabbit 12:37 AM - 12 February, 2012
*What version of ssl are you running.
BinnieDJ 12:51 AM - 12 February, 2012
I'm running Serato version 2.3.3 and I'm using an SL3
BinnieDJ 12:52 AM - 12 February, 2012
Windows 7 *64bit*
BinnieDJ 12:54 AM - 12 February, 2012
I also deleted a large number of corrupt files. The weird thing is that I had no problems with these files on my last laptop.
RogerRabbit 8:06 PM - 12 February, 2012
I could depend on what you do with your pc... If you have conflicting software/drivers installed.. but for me 2.3 has been pretty stable..

P.S.. I think corrupt files are a programming cop-out - I never delete them - but that's me
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:12 PM - 12 February, 2012
when your at the end of your patience with not being able to sort the problems by updating drivers, look into installing mac osx on that laptop and all your problems will be a thing of the past
RogerRabbit 8:19 PM - 12 February, 2012
Not always practical or possible..
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:35 PM - 12 February, 2012
it appears to be possible with his model anyhow Watchwww.youtube.com
BinnieDJ 5:09 PM - 13 February, 2012
Thanks for the help. I just needed to rebuild my database V2 file. All has been stable since.
djMcClaren 3:40 PM - 13 September, 2016
Hi!, RogerRabbit, I'm a beginner, I would like to know what brand of computer you're using and specs. I'll need a more up to date laptop. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Intel Pentium Duo Core. Thanks.
ninjagaijin 8:24 PM - 11 October, 2016
Anyone else had trouble installing SDJ on Win 7 alongside SSL? SDJ installs but then SSL 'searches for hardware' after 'installing driver'. I have dual boot with Win 10 and Win 10 handles it fine.. x64.. Anyone else?
RogerRabbit 10:50 PM - 11 October, 2016
Quote:
Hi!, RogerRabbit, I'm a beginner, I would like to know what brand of computer you're using and specs. I'll need a more up to date laptop. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Intel Pentium Duo Core. Thanks.

Sorry, I do not currently use a windows laptop for serato - I use a mac.

I don't follow the threads heavily anymore, so I don't know if Serato has optimized their code base to work properly on windows machines.
djMcClaren 4:25 PM - 12 October, 2016
What is the model of your mac?
RogerRabbit 5:45 PM - 12 October, 2016
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 16 GB
System Version: macOS 10.12
djMcClaren 5:49 PM - 14 October, 2016
RogerRabbit, This is a Duo Core? Do you have any problem with latency when djing with this computer? I appreciated your help, thanks.
RogerRabbit 11:52 PM - 14 October, 2016
I did not have any problems with latency, a dual core should work fine provided you keep a clean computer.
djMcClaren 4:01 PM - 16 October, 2016
You mentioned a clean computer, can you elaborate for me?. Do you have internet on this computer? I read in a couple of threads to keep internet off your djing laptop. As a matter of fact, I have internet on mine to download certain software. I read some djs doesn't have any internet on their computer. Thanks for replying.
RogerRabbit 4:58 PM - 17 October, 2016
Clean computer =
Disable unnecessary programs from running in the background at startup.
Keep your antivirus signatures up to date.
Keep your security updates for regular programs(non-system) - up to date
Run a local firewall
Run a malware + rootkit software
Stay away from illicit sites if possible - example porn site/torrent sites, since these sites usually have some malware on them.
Stay away from bootleg/cracked software - since these usually have trojan horses/hidden viruses built in.

The idea behind the not connecting to the internet is a solid one - you are basically ensuring you do not get any viruses. But it is overkill.

Yes, you can absolutely get on the internet with your pc/mac.
ninjagaijin 7:09 PM - 20 October, 2016
Another tip - go to control panel, system, advanced, environment variables, system, new, name: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices value: 1
Then in device manager click 'view - show hidden' and it will show you all the crap you've ever plugged into your PC. Remove all the grey stuff you don't use. There is a batch file around too to remove them all but I like to go through and keep what I use.

Disabled network adapter saves lots of issue with Serato.

Disable index.

Turn firewall OFF.

Don't run a malware + rootkit software, don't have a security software, just don't use the net for your DJ computer, other than for registration/activation and O/S or other program updates.

I use Process Lasso setting Serato files as 'games' but I don't know if this is good or bad yet.

The idea behind not connecting to the internet is more for not using those resources up leaving the devices enabled while you DJ.
RogerRabbit 1:52 PM - 21 October, 2016
^^That was the standard for like 9 years ago.

SDJ + other softwares now incorporates the use of the internet/social media into dj sets, like live playlists, broadcasting/streaming your sets etc.

No need to disable the network adapter or to be scared to get on the internet.
djMcClaren 3:47 AM - 23 October, 2016
Great information, I appreciated all those tips in keeping a clean computer. thanks.
ninjagaijin 2:21 AM - 16 December, 2016
No need to disable internet.. unless you have a 7 year old laptop like me and want to focus on CPU cycles for DVS, not for online playlist shenanigans xD rather be paranoid than have a dropout personally xD
Ronald floyd 2:17 PM - 22 February, 2018
I just bought a Roland 202 I'm wondering if it will run on Windows 7 vista.
RonDu 3:59 PM - 22 February, 2018
Quote:
I just bought a Roland 202 I'm wondering if it will run on Windows 7 vista.

Windows 7 OR Windows Vista?
Ronald floyd 4:19 PM - 22 February, 2018
Windows vista
djMcClaren 12:17 AM - 4 March, 2018
Hi! Bangout, How are you? I'm a beginner dj and also have a Windows 7 Toshiba Laptop. I'm a Belizean living in Inglewood California. How can I get in touch with you? I would like to get some info from you on how to properly tweak my Windows 7 Serato Dj 1.9.0 laptop.
thorissr 11:45 AM - 4 March, 2018
I have a backups Windows 7 laptop with a first gen I7 cpu and it runs Serato DJ without a blip or hiccup. I have every expansion pack enabled, including PnT, and haven’t had an issue with it. The latest version I’ve used it with is 1.98. Oh the shaky/jittery waveform since 1.78 is unavoidable but can be lessened if you minimize the refresh rate in SDJ menu.

Keep in mind it’s stripped down to the bare bones and every imaginable background task that’s not required to run Windows itself (explorer,etc.) has been disabled. The only time I’ve seen a yellow light was a moment when I activated 2 effects on one channel, but this didn’t affect the audio.

Hardware used to date on this laptop include the SZ2, SZ, DJM-S3, DJM S9 all running at 1ms with the exception of the SZ since by default it couldn’t run at 1ms due to some hardware limitation on the Windows with the controller. I had no choice but to run it at 2ms. Windows 7 is a solid platform if you take the time to tweak it and not use it but for DJing purpose only. The reason I say that is because you can install another program not related to its main purpose and low and behold it can possibly reverse some of your tweaks without you ever knowing, therefore it becomes a back and forth battle to shut key services off.
thorissr 11:52 AM - 4 March, 2018
Oh forgot to add that I also accessed the computer’s bios to lock the CPU to run at its max performance...2.3ghz opposes ro 1.6ghz when it wasn’t tasked. I found that even when Serato was running with both channels and all effects activated, the cpu wasn’t boosting. As a matter of fact it was as if it was hibernating...dipping down to .8ghz in some instances. When I locked it in to run max always( all 4 cores) it tremendously helped. The only caveat to doing this is that you can hear the computers fans running at variable speeds.
DJ DFK 9:22 PM - 24 June, 2018
Hey guys I'm trying to figure out why my HP Pavilion laptop is having issues when I DJ. The issue I'm having is when I try to mix two songs it freezes up. I have a old laptop that's 10 years old. I've upgraded the RAM, HDD and followed ALL of seratos suggestions to clean up a windows laptop. I believe my issue lies with either the processor and or the video card. I know my processor and video are old, but I wanted to see what you guys think. I hope I've placed this question in the right thread. There are so many that deal with windows setups on this forum. The video has been setup for performance rather then quality.

Hp Pavilion dv7 Entertainment PC
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit service pack 1
Intel i7 Q720 @ 1.6GHz (Can't get the system to boost up to 2.8GHz)
Patriot 8Gb (2) DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M
OS drive Patriot Ignite SSD 320Gb
EStata drive for music Patirot Burst SSD240Gb (Only have USB 2.0 and ESata)

I'm looking at a new laptop by Acer Preditor Gaming laptop.
Win 10 64 bit
Intel i7-7700HQ processor 2.8Ghz (6MB cache)
DDR4 16gib (6Mb cache)
NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6000 MB)
Unknown type SSD drive w/ option for 2nd SSD drive on board
djammin 9:54 PM - 4 July, 2018
Quote:
Hey guys I'm trying to figure out why my HP Pavilion laptop is having issues when I DJ. The issue I'm having is when I try to mix two songs it freezes up. I have a old laptop that's 10 years old. I've upgraded the RAM, HDD and followed ALL of seratos suggestions to clean up a windows laptop. I believe my issue lies with either the processor and or the video card. I know my processor and video are old, but I wanted to see what you guys think...

I'd personally be very nervous using that HP machine you spec'd.

I'm currently running SDJ Pro on a Win7 laptop with i7 processor, graphics card, SSD & 16GB RAM and I'm still having some sort of USB dropout / audio glitch problem that seems to pop up randomly. Although I've contacted the tech support they haven't been much help so far, other than suggesting I go through all their optimization guides (which I've already done).

If you're considering buying a new machine, especially if it's primarily for running this software, it may be worth considering a Macbook. All the threads I've read about this issue always seem to end with that advice ;-)
RR437T 2:02 AM - 6 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys I'm trying to figure out why my HP Pavilion laptop is having issues when I DJ. The issue I'm having is when I try to mix two songs it freezes up. I have a old laptop that's 10 years old. I've upgraded the RAM, HDD and followed ALL of seratos suggestions to clean up a windows laptop. I believe my issue lies with either the processor and or the video card. I know my processor and video are old, but I wanted to see what you guys think...

I'd personally be very nervous using that HP machine you spec'd.

I'm currently running SDJ Pro on a Win7 laptop with i7 processor, graphics card, SSD & 16GB RAM and I'm still having some sort of USB dropout / audio glitch problem that seems to pop up randomly. Although I've contacted the tech support they haven't been much help so far, other than suggesting I go through all their optimization guides (which I've already done).

If you're considering buying a new machine, especially if it's primarily for running this software, it may be worth considering a Macbook. All the threads I've read about this issue always seem to end with that advice ;-)

You don't need to get a Mac. If you read some of the problems people are having with those things, you'll wonder why anyone uses them. It seems like the first thing you need to do with your brand new Mac is downgrade to an older version of the OS.

If you haven't done so already, refresh Windows and install the 32 bit version of Serato pro. Then, plug your controller into a USB2 port. Don't plug anything else into any other USB2 ports. Use USB3, or something else. If you do that, it should work OK. If not, you can always buy a new PC.

I know some PC users are having a difficult time with the new Serato. This is the exact same laptop I'm currently using, and Serato works fine on it.

www.bestbuy.com
DanialS 7:02 PM - 23 December, 2020
Well, I am using Searto on www.laptoparena.co.uk. Till now everything is running smoothly.