Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How to move tracks between crates without to be sure not to update the files

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
pueblofunky 3:13 PM - 13 August, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

How can I (always) move tracks between the crates - but I want to be sure that my file won't be updated!

There is only ONE setting: Protect library - but it protects all. So I (and others) can not used.

I often move tracks between the crates (especially when sorting in/out) (as I also did earlier with my records) during the dj night - but I don't want to always go to settings / set/remove protect library after each track move.

2 settings: Protect Files & Protect Crates would be great!

ROBERT

PS: Currently I only can set the files READ-ONLY manually and leave protect files unselected - but - shit happens - when I forget to set a new file to READ-ONLY ...
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:28 PM - 13 August, 2009
Protect library only stops you from renaming/deleting songs or crates. Thats it, it does not stop you from moving files from crate to crate nor does it lock/store your last setting of where files were.
pueblofunky 6:46 PM - 13 August, 2009
Thx - how can I move?

Tried to select via SHIFT, STRG or ALT and MOUSE - but track is always copied to the other crate - not moved. Another way?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:51 PM - 13 August, 2009
If you drag one song from a crate into another - that song will now be in both crates. You must highlight and delete the track from the crate you no longer want it in.
pueblofunky 7:59 PM - 13 August, 2009
So you words "does not stop you from moving files from crate to crate" is not true.

That is what I mean - I can NOT "move" a track from one crate to another when Protect Library is selected. I always have to switch to settings /set/unset Protect Library.

E.g. I notice the genre doesn't suit well and move it to another or whatever logic I have with the crates.

That's not fine to work (especially during the dj night).
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:01 PM - 14 August, 2009
I checked Protect Library and it DID let me drag from crate 1 into crate 2. So Im not sure what your issue is?
pueblofunky 7:19 PM - 14 August, 2009
Copy works - but not move. What is the key function to "move" a track? Thx
Rane, Support
RafaelM 7:45 PM - 14 August, 2009
If you want to move a physical MP3 - then you have to do it outside of ScratchLIVE. You cannot move a MP3 file from one folder to another by dragging from one crate to another within ScratchLIVE.
pueblofunky 7:52 AM - 15 August, 2009
I don't want to move a physical file.

I will start a new topic with a new initial question.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:51 PM - 17 August, 2009
Sounds good.