Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

I want to know if theres a way to transfer 1 or more crates to a flash drive

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dj Strap 5:33 PM - 9 August, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
---

I dj at a club that uses there own computer and rather not allow other laptops, I wanted to know if there's a way for me to take crates from my laptop & put them on a flash drive to play out
Dj Knockout101 7:56 PM - 9 August, 2009
I believe you can do it the same exact way as an external hard drive... Copy you ScratchLIVE folder to the jump drive. Then copy all of your music that you want. Since you didn't copy all of your music the ones that you didn't copy will show up red and you just simply erase those tracks. It's is quite difficult to explain in words. Konix has a great video tutorial on YouTube (Watchwww.youtube.com) You should be able to follow me once you watch the video. My personally would just get an external hard drive and copy all of my music on there use it for a back up, and then you can use it for at the club. That is me personally.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 3:46 PM - 10 August, 2009
Yes, I do it all the time. Crates are stored in your subcrates folder. You can take them from there and copy them into a flashdrive. You can then take that subcrate file (.crate) and put it into the subcrates folder of the other computers ScratchLIVE folder.

All you'll need to do is transfer the music that should fill the crate and then hit the relocate lost files tab.
Dj Strap 4:13 PM - 3 April, 2010
I need to know if there's any tutorial out there that discuss how to transfer all your crates and music from a MAC to a external. I've watched the tutorial how to transfer files to an external but it's for a PC....totally different and not a help to me....somebody, anybody PLEASE send help...its soooo confusing
Konix 4:23 PM - 3 April, 2010
Do you have an iChat account? We can Remote Desktop share and I'll walk you through it (i.e. I'll do it for you and show you how for next time).

Quote:
I've watched the tutorial how to transfer files to an external but it's for a PC....totally different and not a help to me

Actually, it's pretty much the same. Moving from internal to external or visa versa is the same process on both Macs and PCs.
Dj Strap 4:54 PM - 3 April, 2010
I'll look into the account and get back to u....Thanx
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:43 PM - 5 April, 2010
Konix is an excellent resource.

Basically you open your macintosh HD / Music.

Inside there you will see a ScratchLIVE and ScratchLIVE Backup folder.

To move all of your info from the internal to an external, you want to move those folders and paste them on the root of your external. Root, meaning you see it immediately after double clicking to open the external.

Once on the external, you want to add an _ to each end of it. So on the external they should look like _ScratchLIVE_ and _ScratchLIVE Backup_

Then transfer your music. Open Scratch Live, rescan the ID3 tags, that should turn the music pink. Then use relocate lost files and it will rebuild the file paths. Once done, you're done.
Dj Strap 4:00 PM - 19 April, 2010
Ok, I just downloaded the new 2.0 version for mac for BOTH my mac laptops, neither have the "DJ EFX" option on the display, I thought it was due to the fact that Im still on the SL 1 interface but I tried my friends SL3 and still i dont have the "EFX DELAY option is there some sort of code to get this feature?? Also I noticed on both the laptop it takes REALLY long for the scratlive to boot up and when I close scratchlive I keep getting "scratchlive quit unexpectedly" I click the option to send the report to apple but it keeps happening everytime I close the programs is this a bug??
Rane, Support
Chad S. 7:18 PM - 20 April, 2010
What are the specs on your computer?

To see the dj FX, you need to go into Set-up / Plug ins and enable it there first.
1:21 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.