Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Can you connect a mixer and turntable to your Ns7

o Turntablist o 5:07 PM - 8 August, 2009
I am a scratch dj and I always have friends over to my house to scratch we have 5 tables and 3 mixers I want to sell at least 2 tables and one mixer and buy a Ns7.
Before I do I was wondering if it is possible to hook up a turntable and mixer to a Ns7 so that me and a friend could scratch at the same time?
Kmxorbit 12:04 PM - 9 August, 2009
Technically You can do that by connecting the master out of your mixer into the NS7 Aux input. But that setup has it limitations as a mixer can add too much volume to the input.

Personally I think it's much more reliable and controllable to connect the NS7 on a mixer. You still can mix together, and you have full control on gain, EQ, and volume with a fader. You may not forget that the NS7 is almost totally steered by the software. If something fails (which not happened to me yet) the NS7 might loose total control over the master output.
Just my 2 cents
o Turntablist o 4:13 PM - 9 August, 2009
Yeah good point I think I will just hook the Ns7 up to my Rane empath middle channel then run two tables off that as well.

peace
Capital H 6:32 PM - 14 August, 2011
I want to know is their a way to hook up 2 turntables to NS7
Ragman 6:34 PM - 14 August, 2011
^Nope.
Papa Midnight 7:23 PM - 14 August, 2011
Quote:
I want to know is their a way to hook up 2 turntables to NS7

Secondary mixer and two TT's running on SSL, Traktor, or VDJ + Necessary Audio Interface.

Pretty much what Kmxorbit said 2 years ago to date.
lavarjr15 8:26 AM - 6 February, 2016
i have a ns7 and i just brought sL4. i just want to know how to hook everything up. I have a macbook pro if this is needed.