Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How to get Serato screen appear as Scene in OBS in broadcast

Djcraigg9 6:00 PM - 4 May, 2020
Hello. Like many these days, I have a camera on my controller for live broadcast on my stream on Twitch with OBS. Lots of people would love to see the actual Serato DJ Pro screen in action at the same time...

Is there a way to do this? I’ve checked on YouTube for a tutorial, but no one seems to do exactly what I’m asking for, or maybe I am looking up the subject incorrectly.

Any/all help is much appreciated. I am using two different PCs, one for Serato, and one to host OBS. Thanks.

Craig.
DJ Tecniq 7:37 PM - 4 May, 2020
It’s quite easy. Add “Display capture” in OBS from your 2nd monitor then you can crop it however you like 👍🏼
Res-Q 3:17 AM - 5 May, 2020
i think he cant do that from the monitor Tec, he has 2 machines, one for spinning, one for streaming

what you need to look into craigg9 is the ndi tools
instal ndi scan converter on your pc , and route your serato window
out to the pc for streaming (install ndi virtual input on that pc)

have fun streaming, follow videodjbooking on twitch, let's network
DJ Tecniq 12:38 PM - 5 May, 2020
Quote:
i think he cant do that from the monitor Tec, he has 2 machines, one for spinning, one for streaming
My bad i thought i saw he mentioned the 2 laptops. I just use one and it seems to work well.
DJ dVO 9:53 PM - 5 May, 2020
You mean like this?

www.facebook.com

Use
Screen Capture in OBS and select Serato. Adjust the screen as you see fit.

Quote:
Hello. Like many these days, I have a camera on my controller for live broadcast on my stream on Twitch with OBS. Lots of people would love to see the actual Serato DJ Pro screen in action at the same time...

Is there a way to do this? I’ve checked on YouTube for a tutorial, but no one seems to do exactly what I’m asking for, or maybe I am looking up the subject incorrectly.

Any/all help is much appreciated. I am using two different PCs, one for Serato, and one to host OBS. Thanks.

Craig.
DJ Unique 11:06 PM - 5 May, 2020
Quote:
You mean like this?

www.facebook.com

Use

Heck yeah!!!
Great music.
DJ'ed Salsa clubs for 15 years here in Los Angeles.
I am now following you Salsa Jim.
DJ dVO 6:08 PM - 7 May, 2020
Quote:
Heck yeah!!!
Great music.
DJ'ed Salsa clubs for 15 years here in Los Angeles.
I am now following you Salsa Jim.

Small world! :)
DJ Tecniq 6:41 PM - 7 May, 2020
Quote:
You mean like this?

www.facebook.com

Use
Quote:
Looks good except your Serato screen is extremely laggy don’t use window capture use “display capture” in OBS and crop your screen it will be smoother 👍🏼
DJ Tecniq 7:05 PM - 7 May, 2020
Quote:
You mean like this?

www.facebook.com
Looks good except your Serato screen is extremely laggy don’t use window capture use “display capture” in OBS and crop your screen it will be smoother and less laggy 👍🏼
DJ dVO 8:17 PM - 7 May, 2020
^ Okay, good to know.