Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Distorted audio at low USB Buffer setting

DJ Hellfire 11:23 PM - 25 March, 2020
What's up guys. Been using Serato for 9 years now. Never needed help until now, after buying a new Mac. Problem is when I run a USB buffer 2ms or 1ms, the audio playback is completely distorted. Sounds normal at 5ms and higher, but I use this setup pretty much exclusively for scratching now. So the lowest buffer is preferable.

16" MacBook Pro
i9 8 Core CPU
16GB Ram
1TB SSD
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
MacOS 10.15.3
Serato DJ Pro 2.3.3
Rane SL2 w/USB B to USB C cable
Vestax PMC-05 Pro II Mixer
Vestax PDX-2000 Deck

I'm coming from a 2011 MacBook Pro 13" i5 and was able to run the lowest buffer on that machine.

Here's a video of the issue:
drive.google.com
Aligan 1:02 PM - 26 March, 2020
Hi,
It鈥檚 hard to believe, but you have to turn off your WiFi, use wired connection instead. Ompf 馃檨
Aligan 1:11 PM - 26 March, 2020
And you should maybe use dongle instead of usbB to usb C cable.
And they say SL2 is not Catalina supported...so

That鈥檚 a pity but, new computer = whole new setup...
DJ Hellfire 5:26 PM - 26 March, 2020
Quote:

Yeah, I tried turning Wifi off forgot to mention. I'll order a dongle and see if that helps with the original cable.

But, as far as support under Catalina, the compatibility list says this:

Supported Rane hardware

Please note that while the following Rane hardware work with Serato DJ Pro software, the control panel / preference pane do not open - please contact Rane for more information.

Rane SL2 (preference pane incompatible)
Rane SL3 (preference pane incompatible)
Rane SL4 (preference pane incompatible)
DJ Hellfire 5:29 PM - 26 March, 2020
Quote:

Also, are there any newer solutions available that is similar to the SL series that will allow me to keep my current mixer? All I see is controllers and entire new mixers available.
Aligan 10:58 AM - 29 March, 2020
Hi,
you should check again, unfortunately the rane Catalina compatibility page shows only 3 products compatible : twelve, seventy two, and sl3 馃檨... maybe that鈥檚 why...
Honestly your brand new mbp deserves shiny new mixer 馃槑
Laz219 12:49 AM - 30 March, 2020
What particular USB adaptor are you using?
Seems they can be really hit and miss on whether they actually work well or not.
DJ Hellfire 11:21 PM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:
What particular USB adaptor are you using?
Seems they can be really hit and miss on whether they actually work well or not.

An actual USB B to USB C cable from Amazon

www.amazon.com
Konny Bitowa 7:04 AM - 1 April, 2020
Entre los puntos en los que no est谩bamos seguros despu茅s de colocar este calzado en particular hab铆a sido este elemento en particular. No est谩bamos seguros de cu谩n bien hab铆a estado haciendo que cada ni帽o mantuviera mis pies personales dentro, sin embargo, ser谩 un trabajo muy sorprendente. Esto casi se siente como si esta succi贸n se volviera hacia la parte posterior asociada con mi tal贸n trasero personal. Con respecto al tal贸n trasero, sus propios resultados [url=www.foobestreetwear.com]Zapatillas Yeezy Basketball Quantum High baratos[/url] pueden variar. Esto se adapta perfectamente al tal贸n trasero real; es suave hacia la parte superior de la espalda real taza del tal贸n. Dirigi茅ndose alpina, no parec铆a que hubiera mucho estr茅s en los zapatos Yeezy Boost 500 sobre mi grupo muscular posterior personal. Dado que la taza del tal贸n trasero es realmente vers谩til pero pegajosa, esta experiencia la disfrut茅 junto con mi tal贸n trasero personal muy bien.
Laz219 9:35 AM - 1 April, 2020
I'd probably try some different ones, they've been known to cause issues because the quality varies wildly between the cheap ones and the good ones.
RICKY-SEKHON 4:46 PM - 8 April, 2020
Why not a usb b to usb c cable????????

Quote:

Quote: