DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Going through airport scanners with DDJ SX3 controller

Vani 6:31 AM - 18 January, 2020
Friends and family,

My question is regarding the transport of a controller through airport scanners, share your experiences, and any potential drawbacks?

I used to have a Traktor mixer that after the only time I took through airport scanners, started loosing power past a 30-40 minute use?! I do not know if the scanner was the cause of that (I accidentally bumped harshly the controller during the travel) but I do not want risking that to my brand new DDJ SX3 (has a soft travel case).

Thanks in advance !
DTweed 10:29 AM - 18 January, 2020
I’m confused. Losing power how? Isn’t it plugged in? Technically it should never lose power. On a separate note I’ve taken my DDJ SB through a scanner with no issues
Vani 2:24 PM - 18 January, 2020
As it was working it just dies (turns itself off eventhough it could work without being plugged in) and I had to restart in order to start working again to repeat the same thing again in half an hour later.
dj_soo 9:37 PM - 18 January, 2020
I've taken my Rane 62 and 72 on countless airplanes and never had an issue. I would think it's an internal wiring issue having to do with you dropping or banging it than anything to do with the xray scanner.