DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Bassboss at namm 2020 showing dv12mkll and bb15 inch subwoofer!

djcrap 8:49 PM - 17 January, 2020
any body going to or at namm this year to report back about the new bassboss speakers they are releasing! or any videos and info about the new bassboss speakers please post them here. thanks in advance

i just seen a picture of the the new

1. bassboss new update Dv12-MkII with better cabinet handles

2. bassboss BB15 basically a 15 inch subwoofer

3. bassboss quad 21 inch subwoofer

an kind of interested in that bb15 inch sub
djcrap 9:06 PM - 17 January, 2020
only link so far

www.bassboss.com
djcrap 8:31 AM - 18 January, 2020
so far youtube link pf the new updated dv12mkii. and bb15 subwoofer

Watchm.youtube.com

but the song doesn’t do both justice at all
Hugabone 7:28 PM - 19 January, 2020
The price tag on the Quad 21s! Good God!
Hugabone 7:33 PM - 19 January, 2020
They have been talking about coming out with that 15" for a long time but havent because it wasn't cost effective. That MKii is looking like a winner.
djcrap 8:33 PM - 19 January, 2020
Quote:
The price tag on the Quad 21s! Good God!

thats good forb like a club or bar installation or even a gymnasium, event hall something along that line would be a good investment lmao
djcrap 8:42 PM - 19 January, 2020
Quote:
They have been talking about coming out with that 15" for a long time but havent because it wasn't cost effective. That MKii is looking like a winner.

think this time around they were demoing it at namm probably they are working on a release date sometime this year!
so far the info i got on it from sam at bassboss

was the bb15 inch subwoofer they haven’t finished it's cutsheet or final frequency response measurement. then he went on giving me some specs
Approximate dims are: 18x24x20.5
Weight:70 to 75 lbs
2400watt Rms
$2295

It sounds amazing....my ears are telling +/-3 dB to 35Hz before roll off.
djcrap 8:44 PM - 19 January, 2020
yea that mkll dv12 i like how they changed the handles! plus the low range frequency goes down to 40 hertz.
djcrap 8:46 PM - 19 January, 2020
what sucks is i just purchased 2 dv12s 4 five months ago and now the mkii comes out !

shit that sucks i should have waited
dj_soo 10:43 PM - 19 January, 2020
Demo for the quad 21" sub: Watchwww.youtube.com
DeeJayOnyx 11:04 PM - 20 January, 2020
Quote:
what sucks is i just purchased 2 dv12s 4 five months ago and now the mkii comes out !

These are still better than anything available in the market when it comes to sound quality and dispersion. Just ordered 2 DV12 MKII and I have total of 6 DV12. Still didn’t want to let these go, because sometimes I have gigs that require 10 speakers on multiple rooms. So these 6 should do the work vs 10 speakers.
Hugabone 2:44 AM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

These are still better than anything available in the market when it comes to sound quality and dispersion. Just ordered 2 DV12 MKII and I have total of 6 DV12. Still didn’t want to let these go, because sometimes I have gigs that require 10 speakers on multiple rooms. So these 6 should do the work vs 10 speakers.

How does the DV12 sound when stacked? I've only heard them one on each side.
DeeJayOnyx 12:16 PM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How does the DV12 sound when stacked? I've only heard them one on each side.

When stacked these becomes like a dual woofer like the AT212 but has a wider dispersion. Summation of the midrange sounds great, you can do a large venue with the voice of god easily.

I was at BASSBOSS last night and had an opportunity to listen on a demo with the SV8, BB15, DV12, 4 MFLA and 2 Kraken. The SV8 sounds really good for it’s size, these are definitely good for studio monitors. Then add the BB15 becomes a big system with smaller footprint. BB15 sounds like an 18 inch sub, nominally 15 have a strong 60Hz, but boy it can go lower and feel that bass. Definitely it’s on my wish list for compact system.

DV12 MKII sounds smooth, I cannot wait to get my hands on these puppies and push them to their limit. 4 MFLA and 2 Kraken, these are monsters. One Kraken is more than enough for a club then 2 is another level. The SPL is unbelievable even though I got ear plugs on it still hits hard on my ears, just like your in front of a concert stage or music festival but on smaller package.
djcrap 7:26 PM - 27 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

i look forward to hearing your review about the new dv12s mkii compared to the original dv12s. in-terms of if there is a bigger difference how they handle the low range frequency.
djcrap 7:27 PM - 27 January, 2020
the bb15 is up for ordering......,

am about to pull that order trigger.

Watchm.youtube.com
djcrap 7:28 PM - 27 January, 2020
lol oops wrong link

here is the correct one

www.bassboss.com
DeeJayOnyx 12:42 AM - 7 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i look forward to hearing your review about the new dv12s mkii compared to the original dv12s. in-terms of if there is a bigger difference how they handle the low range frequency.

I finally used the DV12 MKII for the first time last Saturday. These MKII system are very smooth, crystal clear and I can’t hear any distortion at all. Speaker gain settings at 3’ o clock and main mixer audio at unity. Unfortunately I’m limited to 94dB A weighted, while the speaker still have more headroom for being full range. Both of the high and low frequency has improved compared from the DV12 MKI. But like I said these didn’t even came close the limit.

I am really excited to hear them again this coming Saturday but this time the setup will include the SSP118 MKII. If time will permit, I’ll try to do some video before the event using them as full range and with subs, hopefully! So far no regrets in spending that money on these premium speakers.
DJ Reflex 2:07 AM - 7 February, 2020
You won't regret it! I dropped quite a bit of loot on three SSP118 subs about two years ago and haven't looked back. My local area recognizes the quality difference and I'm getting more high-end sound gigs/rentals because of them.
djcrap 11:31 AM - 17 June, 2020
Finally finally some good news there is an upgrade Path to the new Bassboss dv12s-mkii . for those who own the original dv12s mk1. It will cost you $950 per dv12

DV12 to DV12 MK II Complete upgrade

Upgrade Kit for DV12 to DV12 MkII. Includes new LF and HF drivers with 2 year warranty on new components. Includes updated cabinet with new handles. Includes reprogramming of DSP and re- certification test. Cabinets must be sent to BASSSBOSS for refitting. Freight charges not included. Contact BASSBOSS to arrange discounted shipping.
djcrap 11:40 AM - 17 June, 2020
But also if you don’t want a full dv12-mkii complete! they are offering other dv12 mk1 package upgrade choices.

Choice 2
DV12 to DV12 MkII Drivers Upgrades cost $640
Upgrade Kit for DV12 to DV12 MkII. Includes new LF and HF drivers with 2 year warranty on new components. Includes reprogramming of DSP and re-certification test. Cabinets must be sent to BASSSBOSS for refitting. Freight charges not included. Contact BASSBOSS to arrange discounted shipping.

Choice 3

User Serviceable Upgrade Kit – cost $417
DV12 Woofer and DSP
Upgrade woofer from MkI to MkII with reprogramming of DSP. Requires return of DSP card to BASSBOSS facility for reprogramming. An addition Core charge of $200.00 (refundable) will be charged if DSP not returned in advance. Cabinet may require minor fitting/filling.
djcrap 11:44 AM - 17 June, 2020
Now I don’t regret purchasing the dv12s 😁😁😁😁😁 shit I have never seen a speaker company release a new version of a speaker and then offer an upgrade package path for the older gear.

Damn bassboss rocks