Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato VIDEO not working. MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

Woske 12:02 PM - 11 January, 2020
Bought Serato Video today.
Used Handbrake to Encode my videos with the SL Preset.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Preview windows are blank
the Serato Video icon bounces in dock, disappears and bounces then disappears 5 times then nothing.

Restarted my computer several times.
deleted com.seratovideo... plist and force quit csprefsd from CPU and Memory in Activity monitor before restarting each time.
No change.

I really believe that If I paid $99 dollars for something, it should work!
I invested in a video service so I could do this. HELP!

I'm running Serato DJ 2.3.2
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:12 AM - 12 January, 2020
Mix Emergency, nuff said 🤷🏾‍♂️
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:40 PM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Mixemergency

www.inklen.com

See if you can get a refund from Serato Video
Woske 9:53 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Mixemergency

www.inklen.com

See if you can get a refund from Serato Video

I downloaded the demo for ME. Please can you confirm that I can load a videos on Serato Video and The videos will show and mix on ME?
I Tried this in the demo and the video didnt sync with audio. Read online tutorials and im supposed to have a "Link to audio" button when I select Serato DJ as a linked app.

Isnt this supposed to work out of the box?

siggghhhhhhhhh
Woske 9:55 AM - 15 January, 2020
I didnt get a "Link to audio" button and Mix Emergency videos didnt auto sync with the audio from the same videos loaded into Serato DJ.

I'm going to be asking for a refund from Serato this afternoon either way. Cuz im tired.
popnwave 4:41 PM - 15 January, 2020
Turn off the SV plug in and yes, MixEmergency works out of the box. Load up SDJ, then load MixEmergency. Whatever song you have on deck 1 or 2 should display in MixEmergency and be sync'd normally.

Link with audio is more for using an ambient video with a song that you don't have a video for:

imgur.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:34 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
I didnt get a "Link to audio" button and Mix Emergency videos didnt auto sync with the audio from the same videos loaded into Serato DJ.

I'm going to be asking for a refund from Serato this afternoon either way. Cuz im tired.

You dont need to have Serato Video active to use Mixemergency.

You can even deactivate it in your plug ins

Load an MP4 as standard in a Serato Deck,

Mixemergency will show the video

Watchwww.youtube.com
Sids24trk 6:53 AM - 11 February, 2020
just bought a 2018 MacBook Pro 2.9 ghz i9 32gb ram Running OS Catalina 10.15. The Video Is not showing at all in any window is there a fix yet
popnwave 4:31 PM - 11 February, 2020
Quote:
just bought a 2018 MacBook Pro 2.9 ghz i9 32gb ram Running OS Catalina 10.15. The Video Is not showing at all in any window is there a fix yet

If you mean the preview windows, nope. You just have to restart until they show up again. Mine will work for weeks and then just go poof, but I only use it for library prep these days.
Kik383 7:55 AM - 18 February, 2020
Quote:
Bought Serato Video today.
Used Handbrake to Encode my videos with the SL Preset.

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Preview windows are blank
the Serato Video icon bounces in dock, disappears and bounces then disappears 5 times then nothing.

Restarted my computer several times.
deleted com.seratovideo... plist and force quit csprefsd from CPU and Memory in Activity monitor before restarting each time.
No change.

I really believe that If I paid $99 dollars for something, it should work!
I invested in a video service so I could do this. HELP!

I'm running Serato DJ 2.3.2

Hey Woske I do not recommend the 13'' inches models for play videos on Serato dj pro. I have 15' inches MBP mid 2014 16GB RAM and 2GB VRAM. no issues.

Great performance. You should buy a 15' MBP and believe me since I bought my MBP no more headaches.

I recommend 15'' models between 2012 to 2015. For video mixing the 15" models are great.
Dj Frocho 6:16 PM - 21 February, 2020
Hi guys, im running SeratoDj Pro using a DDJ-SRT1000 on a MacBook Pro 15" retina Mid 2012 i7 and 16ram under Catalina OS latest version, and I've been having high cpu load and even the red midi light next to the cpu bar on Serato since then, it happens to me twice last night while doing a retro party with 80s videos, it doesn't matter if I was using mix emergency or Serato video, I had the problem with both plugins.
I replaced the MacBook battery about 6 moths ago and still working perfect only 20 cicles.
Also replaced the cpu fans about 2 months ago.
In case anyone is going to say is the hardware, well... could be, but in the end finished the night working on virtualdj with no issues... the thing is... I don't like Virtual Dj.
Now im thinking if going back to Mojave, or keep using VDJ until Serato Development Staff Fix their issue.
popnwave 7:14 PM - 21 February, 2020
That sounds like Catalina, I won't even try it on my 2012, I stopped at High Sierra.
Dj Frocho 7:59 PM - 21 February, 2020
I think im going back to Mojave.. at least it worked with no problems before the os update...
Dj Frocho 6:42 PM - 23 February, 2020
Well it wasn't catalina after all... I just downgrade to Mojave and having the same issue, is a usb drop when I enable the external video for the screens and doesn't matter if using mix emergency Serato video or VDJ.... I guess my macbook is dying... :-(
wukawuka 2:02 AM - 8 March, 2020
I also have this problem.

I had Adobe Creative Cloud, Ableton Live 9, and Serato DJ Pro 2.3.2 installed.
Everything was working fine until I install the Ableton 10 lite. Still had Ableton Live 9 as well as it didnt replace Live 9.

Didnt see anything special about Live 10 so I removed it. Then Ableton Live 9 would not open. Apparently it's not supported, even though it was working. I removed Adobe CC since it expired on my so had to use Ableton instead of Audition. I used Audition to record audio of the nights. About 4 hours for about two years so I have over 100 mixes of average 4 hours.

Just wanted to throw that in there.

So, after removing Adobe, and Live 9 then reinstalling Live 9, Live 9 still did not work.
After reading on their site that it's not supported and wont work, I decided to go back to Mojave. I wiped the drive clean and reinstalled Mojave. This time creating two partitions. One 200GB for OS X and 800GB for data (music and video files). I was able to successfully get my library back with everything including history and played (blue colored) songs.
Ableton Live 9 is back as well.

Now, this is my only issue. I had to play last night with no videos.

I have the 2019 15" top model MacBook Pro.

Only thing I can think that is different in my setup is the partitioned drives, but I dont see how that would be an issue. Should be looked at as if it was an external drive, but i'm only almost an expert wioth macs :)

I dont know what to do.
oh, I also tried the steps found in here to remove the com.seratovideo.plst file then reboot, but still having problems opening serato video.

Sorry, this is long
popnwave 5:37 PM - 8 March, 2020
So you get NO video output at all? Or just no preview windows?

The biggest quirk usually on Mojave or later is just that the previews go bye bye, but that doesn't keep you from mixing, you just have to do it via the audio (which I primarily do) and just have the plugin running.

Or is Serato Video not showing up, crashing or what?

Also if you want to record sets, even a free program like OBS can do it with almost no overhead and then you don't even have to mess with Creative Cloud being installed if that's problematic.
wukawuka 11:18 AM - 9 March, 2020
This all worked before.
Serato Video does not open at all. When it finally stops trying, it leaves 3 seratovideo icons on the dock. I get NO video. The expansion pack opens but I see no video there, no preview window, and no output window.

With just Serato DJ Pro, I have recorded video mixes averaging 4 hours. (A little over 30GB).
popnwave 2:27 PM - 10 March, 2020
Wow that is a odd one - def reach out to support, maybe they can help nuke the plug in and get it to freshly re add itself.
wukawuka 1:43 AM - 13 March, 2020
Support got back to me asking for info and I gave it to them to never hear back. That's a first.

So, found that my issue was created be my trying to fix Live 9. Getting fancy, wiped the drive and partitioned it. That is where my problem came in to play with Serato Video. I moved my user account/profile to the second partition. That is when I actually started having the problem with Serato Video.
I tried a new account/profile and Serato Video then worked.
I moved my original profile back to the OS X partition and serato Video worked. Moved it back to the "Data" partition, and same problem came back.

I tried different things with permissions on the volume but still didnt work. Maybe a couple things I could still try but I gave up and willing to compromise the profile being on the smaller volume.

If anyone knows how to make it work, I'd be happy camper.
Kik383 8:20 AM - 8 May, 2020
Quote:

Sids24trk Did you try with other app using the extended screen? In case the problem could be hardware issue. As you know the MBP model 2018 comes with USB type C so probably the display port adapter is not working well.
You can try to use just one USB type C with the display port adapter ( USB type C to HDMI) and use the other USB Type C adapter that comes with those USB A and card reader to connect your hard drive.

That is my advice, I do not think can be a Mac OS Catalina issue because I have a 2014 MBP 16GB RAM, 2 GB of dedicated video memory, its running OS Catalina and its working great.