DJ Marv the Maverick 3:47 PM - 9 January, 2020
Quote:
Let see how this goes.

Introducing Denon DJ SC6000 + SC6000M Media Players

Watchwww.youtube.com

JFB x DnB
youtu.be
jstyle 5:13 PM - 9 January, 2020
I saw something in reference to this on digital dj tips. It also said that it would be compatible with Serato DJ Pro and that touch screen would finally work on serato. Hope it also gets implemented on the sc5000 series as well.
577er 2:59 AM - 10 January, 2020
Dope. Hoping some of this tech makes it's way into a portable Prime2 because if it does I will be beating down someones door to take my money.
So Fresh 8:33 AM - 10 January, 2020
I think they should have released a cheaper version without the screen, I must be the only person that is happy using a laptop:)
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:11 AM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
I think they should have released a cheaper version without the screen, I must be the only person that is happy using a laptop:)

I own the 5000s and I really don’t get the brewing disdain or snobbish attitude towards laptop. Standalone does much less than using a laptop based solution.

Even when I have proper gigs I connect the 5000 to serato or just use a controller.
Stereodreamer 2:28 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
Standalone does much less than using a laptop based solution.

Wouldn't have to if they ever just simply allowed SDJ to function directly on SC6000/Ms. The displays are thankfully large enough now to start thinking about this becoming a reality.
577er 3:40 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:

I prefer using a laptop as well but that’s because it’s cheaper, funner, and a much better work flow then any other option.

How cool would it be if standalone devices could get there as well. It’s going to take lots of baby steps to make it happen but it could be amazing.
So Fresh 6:34 PM - 10 January, 2020
The screens block the view if you are getting busy:)
So Fresh 6:38 PM - 10 January, 2020
Apart from the screens the m’s look great
Chino 7:38 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:

Agree 100%. That is exactly want I need to control SDJ pro!
YZ 8:25 PM - 10 January, 2020
3400 doesn't look great.
DJMIYAGI 9:42 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
Dope. Hoping some of this tech makes it's way into a portable Prime2 because if it does I will be beating down someones door to take my money.

enginedj.com
Looks like a Prime 2 to me
So Fresh 9:44 PM - 10 January, 2020
Hopefully they will do with

Rane
Or
Numark

At a more sensible price.

If they do they will clean up
577er 10:30 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

enginedj.com
Looks like a Prime 2 to me

Built it! And make an M version! Then TAKE MY MOOOONNNNEEEEYYYYYYY 💸💸💸
YZ 10:31 PM - 10 January, 2020
Yep, waiting for a Rane version of the motorized 7-12" platter/integrated software for me to make the jump from turntables.
popnwave 11:48 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
3400 doesn't look great.

That's cheaper than what I paid for ONE (1) DVJ-X1 in 2004.
djsimonse 8:57 AM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Agree 100%. That is exactly want I need to control SDJ pro!

If you don't want the screen, why don't you just go with the Rane Twelve?
serato.com

I very excited about the new 6000. Can't wait to get my hands on them. I'm also looking forward to an updated Prime 4 with 6000 look and Jogwheels.
Chino 4:41 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:
If you don't want the screen, why don't you just go with the Rane Twelve?
serato.com

Size & feel. I already have 2 sets of 1200s & Phase. The Rane Twelves are not more portable than Technics nor do they "feel" better than Technics 1200s with Phase.

I would gladly buy a smaller, more portable Rane Ten with improved feel, lower latency, tighter integration with Serato etc. I would also buy a Denon SC6000M WITHOUT the screen purely for portability reasons. I might buy the 6000Ms IF SUPER TIGHT Serato integration is released for them.
DJMIYAGI 5:49 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:
I would gladly buy a smaller, more portable Rane Ten with improved feel, lower latency, tighter integration with Serato etc. I would also buy a Denon SC6000M WITHOUT the screen purely for portability reasons. I might buy the 6000Ms IF SUPER TIGHT Serato integration is released for them.

Maybe you should get some V7s and put the SC6000 records on them ;)
Chino 6:07 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:

LOL... I'm gonna experiment with using Phase with my Technics SLDZ MKIIs once the new Serato firmware update is released. Im hoping the digital artifact when doing brake stops goes away because I will no longer rely on timecode audio coming through the RCAs.

I may try to mod the SLDZ to fit the Phase box inside...
DJMIYAGI 6:09 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:

Wouldn't that make it difficult to charge the remotes?
Chino 6:17 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:
Wouldn't that make it difficult to charge the remotes?

The current mod allows for VERY easy record swaps. I can have a set charging & ready to go inside the chassis while Im using a set. If battery gets low, then I can take the record off grab a charged up Phase remote then put the record back on. At least in THEORY that is how it should work... LMAO
Chino 6:25 PM - 24 January, 2020
Nevermind. I just put my "THEORY" to a real world test. Initially I thought I could fit the Phase box inside- in the center since its hallow. Nope. It doesn't fit. I will have to mod the bottom, have it slide out somehow.
dj_soo 8:22 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

LOL... I'm gonna experiment with using Phase with my Technics SLDZ MKIIs once the new Serato firmware update is released. Im hoping the digital artifact when doing brake stops goes away because I will no longer rely on timecode audio coming through the RCAs.

I can't see that happening with Phase - even in HID. With the Twelves or Denons, you're accessing the internal program's Start/Stop control. With Phase, it's still dependent on the rotation of the device slowing down - which Pitch n Time is going to just interpret as a speed change.
DJ Richie-Rich 1:46 PM - 15 December, 2020
The SC6000 came out a year ago and still no HID support and Serato is not commenting one single thing? how is this possible? Why is this so difficult to find out their expectation on the SC6000 update? I've been checking this forums to find out what is going on with the SC6000, and found no info from Serato, I mean this is like pulling teeth 🦷 and it should not be this difficult😩
Stereodreamer 7:51 PM - 15 December, 2020
Dear Serato - What is going on with SDJP being supported on SC6000? Could someone of actual authority PLEASE advise us customers when we can expect this? It's been nearly a year now since the SC6000 was introduced. Please. Thank you.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:13 AM - 16 December, 2020
Honestly if it’s anything like the 5000 mapping I’d pass on it.

Compared to VDJ, SDJ is just terrible. It’s like they did the bare minimum and just shoehorned it into SDJ 🤷🏾‍♂️
popnwave 4:37 PM - 16 December, 2020
Reason #1843089749834573 why you don't buy hardware before it supports what you want ;)
Stereodreamer 5:34 PM - 18 December, 2020
Quote:
Reason #1843089749834573 why you don't buy hardware before it supports what you want ;)

Yep. If by chance Serato and/or Denon are actually listening here (which is doubtful), they should know there are countless customers/potential customers who won't be purchasing this stuff until the commit to buttoning up these loose ends with firm dates.
577er 7:17 PM - 18 December, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Yep. If by chance Serato and/or Denon are actually listening here (which is doubtful), they should know there are countless customers/potential customers who won't be purchasing this stuff until the commit to buttoning up these loose ends with firm dates.

This 👆