Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Fix Serato video for PC

Djneff 4:41 PM - 1 January, 2020
Hi, I was mixing days ago with serato video, and i had a lot issue with this. A lot uses of CPU and stuttering. i was reading on your forum, Google, etc. And nothing. I just downloaded Virtual Dj and mixing video with this, it was awasome. So please dont tell me about requerimients and others things. Please fix Serato video for PC. You rock on music but video....
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:02 PM - 1 January, 2020
Honestly if your not gonna go the Mac route then I’d just stick with VDJ. It has come a long way and is pretty stable. The time code side is just as good as SDJ/Traktor and it’s light years ahead on the midi side.
Djneff 10:02 PM - 1 January, 2020
Thanks for the coment, I will take it
DjMacAttack 12:26 AM - 3 January, 2020
It's funny how the solution to fixing a paid product(Serato Video) from an industry standard brand(Serato) on the most popular platform(Windows) is to buy something else.
Stevie C 10:41 AM - 10 January, 2020
I’ve been playing videos on Mac OS Catalina and it freezes out of know where has anyone had any problems like this ? My Serato only freezes when I play videos. Please fix this problem.
DJ Tecniq 1:53 AM - 11 January, 2020
Quote:
I’ve been playing videos on Mac OS Catalina and it freezes out of know where has anyone had any problems like this ? My Serato only freezes when I play videos. Please fix this problem.
Did you "update" to Catalina or buy a laptop that had Catalina already installed? The reason I ask is because when I updated from Yosemite to Sierra I had video freezing as well so unfortunately I had to do a clean install of the OS Sierra and everything was butter smooth again.
DJ Jammin' Jamie 4:38 AM - 2 February, 2020
I just went through the hell of getting SV to work on a Win 10 machine and finally got it to go at 60fps with no problems. It took A LOT of tweaking on both the SDJ/SV and Windows 10 sides and its all about the software configuration. I thought that simply buying a beast of a machine would solve most of the problems but it didn't. Let's just say I know more about SV than I really needed to know, LOL.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:33 AM - 3 February, 2020
What we’re your steps?

It would probably help out others as well.
DJ Jammin' Jamie 6:51 PM - 3 February, 2020
Quote:
What we’re your steps?

It would probably help out others as well.

Age old problem for Windows 10 Users and Serato Video… Cannot render video correctly or without choppiness. Yep, before you say it, buy a MAC and Mixemergency. LOL. This journey, for me, to be able to use Serato Video goes back to the Scratch Live days. After seeing SV run badly on Intel graphics (HP DV7 Laptop, circa 2011), I decided to get an Alienware 17 R5 with an NVidia GTX 1060, 8th gen i7 and 16gb of RAM. This machine is fast on most everything I throw to it, it should run SV, right? Wrong! Here is what I did to make it run SV on high settings and run smooth. Here are the steps…

1. Optimize your laptop as instructed here: support.serato.com

2. If you have both Intel AND NVidia GPUs, then Goto your search box and look for ‘Graphics Settings’. You will need to tell Windows 10 WHICH GPU to use for both Serato DJ Pro and SV. Click on ‘Browse’ the locate one app at a time and add them to the list. (you will have two list entries) This should force both SDJ and SV to use the correct card.

3. Remember that Quicktime has a ‘Zero-Day’ security problem so you will want to follow this guide to minimize that problem: support.serato.com

4. To force SV to use Quicktime follow the instructions here: support.serato.com

5. On the SDJ settings under expansion packs, go to SV and set the buffer to 1gb and then apply it. Next go to ‘Info’ and down to YUV Handling. Set this to RBG Only. You can also use the Buffer debugging checkbox here as well.

6. Hopefully your videos are already optimized for Serato (*.m4v format). If not then do so with handbrake and the Serato preset and discussion found here: support.serato.com.

7. I have also got into the habit of ejecting a video from a deck before dragging a new video to an already 'played' deck. This seems to help the 'green bar issue'.

8. Yes, I have used the 'KLite Codec Pack' but THAT introduced resizing and green-bar issues. I uninstalled it and went back to QuickTime.

9. Since I am using a DDJ-SR, I had buffer issues with that as well (ASIO Driver). So tweaking of that was necessary.

10. Make certain that there is no software on your PC that does not absolutely need to be on it such as the Dell or HP 'craplets' they love to put on but has no real benefit to you.

Hopefully this can be of some help to others... Before you ask, yes, I did lodge a couple of support tickets on all of this but they were not able to give a complete solution to this problem. There should be an 'official' procedure from Serato to get all this working if they want to market their products to Windows users.