Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Audiorecording, Beatgrids, Mixer View

BBN 6:34 AM - 11 December, 2019
Now with audiotracks Serato Studio is getting better and better.

Still waiting for a record option for external audio in realtime (scratches, vocals) without the need to fire up another DAW.

And I'm also waiting for SDJ like beatgrids for audiotracks that can be adjusted by hand to get correct loops out of unquantized old music with real instruments.

But what I'm really missing is a dedicated mixer view like all professional DAWs offer.
BBN 1:22 PM - 11 December, 2019
O.k. found the beatgrids, but they don't work like in SeratoDJ and miss a few of the controlls too.

So it's still audiorecording and a dedicated mixer view that I'd like to see in Serato Studio.

Also found out that the arrangement view for DJ-edits is quite bad.
There has to be a possibility to switch from a time based timeline to tempo, beats and bars.
Same as we have it in any other DAW.

And I haven't been able to freely drag audiosamples/audiotracks to where I want, bur maybe that was because quantize was enabled?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:28 PM - 11 December, 2019
Hey BBN,

When you say the beatgrids don't work like in Serato DJ and miss controls, could you please be more specific? We've tried to keep them the same but improve them where we can but if we've missed the mark, please let us know.

Regarding Rec in and Mixer View, we've seen a few requests for both of these so we'll talk more about that with the Product Team.

Also, there are a bunch more improvements coming for the audio track view very soon. Some are already available in the Private Beta - e.g. a split to cue option.

Thanks for the feedback man.
Phil
BBN 8:36 AM - 12 December, 2019
In Serato DJ we have "Edit Beatgrids" with the left and right arrows. I didn't find this in Serato Studio.

Another thing I noticed when working with audiotracks is that I'm missing the transport buttons of my other DAWs.
Mac Murray 5:42 AM - 11 July, 2020
Quote:
scratch
I'll just mention that I think a way to add some scratch choruses would be amazing. Perhaps if one day Studio somehow supports DJ hardware (like Rane 12s) this could be something somewhat easy for the engineers to add in, but I would find this vary useful. As mentioned above currently I have to fire up a DAW to accomplish this and what sucks about Logic especially is how it tries to hijack my MIDI hardware and F's up Serato DJ for me.
Big Pops 10:48 PM - 12 July, 2020
Quote:
O.k. found the beatgrids, but they don't work like in SeratoDJ and miss a few of the controlls too.

So it's still audiorecording and a dedicated mixer view that I'd like to see in Serato Studio.

Also found out that the arrangement view for DJ-edits is quite bad.
There has to be a possibility to switch from a time based timeline to tempo, beats and bars.
Same as we have it in any other DAW.

And I haven't been able to freely drag audiosamples/audiotracks to where I want, bur maybe that was because quantize was enabled?

Mixer View is a big request. I support 100%.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:05 AM - 11 May, 2021
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to jump in here and mention that Audio Track Recording is now available as a beta version if you want to check it out! To join the beta you just need to have an active Studio license, and then enable 'Serato Studio Beta' in your Serato Account screen.

This page shows you how : support.serato.com

Cheers,
Logan.
DJ SODD 2:25 PM - 28 August, 2021
Man I absolutely love Serato Studio but my ONLY request is a dedicated mixer view. It would make my workflow 100% more efficient. At times I want to make subtle changes and its a real pain not having a full mixer view of all of my audio channels to do so. And if this already exists, can someone please show me how to make it happen?
Big Family 11:46 PM - 3 September, 2021
Quote:
Man I absolutely love Serato Studio but my ONLY request is a dedicated mixer view. It would make my workflow 100% more efficient. At times I want to make subtle changes and its a real pain not having a full mixer view of all of my audio channels to do so. And if this already exists, can someone please show me how to make it happen?

I was just thinking thatt as well, something that's less Ram heavy so you could use plugind freely. I still take my tracks out of Serato Studio to process in Waves
BBN 5:24 AM - 4 September, 2021
Mixerview ist still my #1 request these days.
Big Pops 2:23 PM - 23 September, 2021
It has been a request since Studio launch
japni 10:00 AM - 2 October, 2021
this is just great web kolkataff.funcant explain my feleinngs to u thanks
japni 10:01 AM - 2 October, 2021
this is just great web kolkataff.fun cant explain my feleinngs to u thanks
japni 10:01 AM - 2 October, 2021
kolkata ff fatafat kolkataff.shop result