DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

mini Innofader plus for SX2

DJ Varmintbaby 9:21 PM - 17 November, 2019
Hey all,

I was thinking of picking up a mini Innofader Plus to go into my DDJ-SX2. There's nothing really wrong with my stock SX2 fader. It feels alittle slows sometimes, meaning I'd like it smoother, but it does work. It's not leaking or anything. Is the Innofader Plus that much better than the stock that it would warrant spending the $99 to get it? What do you think? Have any of you used that crossfader? Appreciate your replies. Peace!
DJ Jon MixxEmUp 10:50 AM - 18 November, 2019
If the stock fader is still good and you DON’T scratch, just straight up mixing then you’re good. The real advantage of installing the mini Innofader plus is when you’re using the SX2 to scratch a lot. Especially if you do a lot of chirp, transformer, crab scratches and so on you will see and feel the difference versus stock. After only a few scratch session the stock fader began to bleed, meaning I could hear sound from the left side even though the fader is all the way to the right. But after installing the mini Innofader, it’s like day and night. The fader cuts better and my scratches sounds crisper. I didn’t even need to calibrate as it’s good to go out of the box. IMHO it’s a good $100 investment, again if you scratch a lot. Glad I installed it, still enjoying for more than 2 years and never look back. Good luck.
cotdagoo 2:58 AM - 26 November, 2019
I went from a DJM-800 mixer to a SX2 and the first thing I noticed was the difference in the stock fader of the SX2 compared to the DJM. I couldn't get it as tight as the DJM no matter what settings I used.

Bought a innofader and haven't looked back. I don't even scratch but being able to tighten up the cut has made a huge difference in the versatility of my SX2.
Illiment 7:13 PM - 26 November, 2019
I put a mini innofader in my original sx (2013)

I wish I knew more at the time about calibrating it etc, but it was a dope upgrade even just left completely stock. 10/10 would do again.

i'm interested to see how it would work with newer controllers though (SR, SX2, 3 etc)
DJ Varmintbaby 10:18 PM - 26 November, 2019
So I went ahead and picked one up, as I do scratch. It's a huge upgrade over the stock fader. Its a lot smoother and it seems like the fader cap is bigger or something, because I can actually get all my fingers to tap the cap when doing crab scratches. On the stock fader cap, it was hard to get all the fingers to push the fader cap in one continuous motion. The cut is much tighter than the stock fader, and it's dope that the curve knob on the SX2 still works! Best $99 I've spent in terms of DJ equipment. I'd recommend it 1000 times. Peace!
DTweed 7:59 PM - 2 December, 2019
Quote:
So I went ahead and picked one up, as I do scratch. It's a huge upgrade over the stock fader. Its a lot smoother and it seems like the fader cap is bigger or something, because I can actually get all my fingers to tap the cap when doing crab scratches. On the stock fader cap, it was hard to get all the fingers to push the fader cap in one continuous motion. The cut is much tighter than the stock fader, and it's dope that the curve knob on the SX2 still works! Best $99 I've spent in terms of DJ equipment. I'd recommend it 1000 times. Peace!

The innofader is actually slightly raised compared to the stock fader and took me some getting used to before I could adjust. I was tempted to file it down some to get it to feel the same.
DJ Varmintbaby 2:32 AM - 3 December, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

The innofader is actually slightly raised compared to the stock fader and took me some getting used to before I could adjust. I was tempted to file it down some to get it to feel the same.

It comes with washers in the kit that you install that will make it sit at a lower flush level. You install them on the screws. Does that make sense? I use 3 washers on each screw and its level.
DTweed 1:28 PM - 6 December, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It comes with washers in the kit that you install that will make it sit at a lower flush level. You install them on the screws. Does that make sense? I use 3 washers on each screw and its level.

Gotta see if I still have them now lol but I’ll check