Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

FEATURE REQUEST: Ability To Manipulate Waveform in Master View

DJ Morakz 5:37 AM - 30 October, 2019
Will it be a bad idea if we can manipulate the wave form in Master view just like you can mananipulate the waveform in any other DAW?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:18 PM - 30 October, 2019
Hey DJ Morakz,

Thanks for the suggestion, can I ask - what do you mean by manipulate? At the moment you can scrub and zoom it, what more would you want to do with the master waveform?

Phil
DJ Morakz 12:04 AM - 3 November, 2019
Maybe the ability to cut and join parts of the finish beats due to some imperfections that may arise in the production stage. I created a beat, but the vocals i inserted didnot fit in the beat fully as their was a distortion in the words in one part. I couldnt figure out how to fix that in the sampler. So i felt i should beable to do some cuts, join and fades by being able to manipulate the waveform. Thats about that. Not completely sure thats too necessary since i am new to the game.

Let me also use this opportunity to suggest that there is a need for extra information about the functions in serato studio. I should beable to click my mouse button and get suggestions on the different functions. I should not have to travel to a part of the website before i can know how to copy a track etc.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 12:48 AM - 4 November, 2019
Cool, thanks DJ Morakz,

The Master View is designed to show you what your song will look like if you export, and to add any master FX (compression, limiter etc) you may need to the final product before exporting. At the moment we don't have plans to be able to make edits on this view, but could look into something if the need arose.

Thanks for your comments about using the functions in Serato Studio. We'll look into how we can improve this - at the moment, if you hover over an element it gives you some help text at the bottom. Did you notice this, and does it help? If not we can look to improve it.

Phil